As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Puzzle & Dragons] Not-At-All Equivalent Exchange: Fullmetal Alchemist Collab

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Tans do skill inheritance, where you can bench a 5+-star machine pull monster to have it stack their skill on top of the one they're granting the skill to

So granting dragon strike stance - fire to Horus would mean you'd have only Horus' skill available in 4 turns, then only the swordsman skill in 6 more turns

Using either resets the count to 0

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Spicy_RevSpicy_Rev Registered User regular
    Thanks, @Polaritie , I think I must have missed the king Tan and skill up thing. Wow, that seems super useful as I am terrible at skilling up things.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Was doing MP with the alt on Liberty Geist because y'know sure let's have a laugh. Got dc'ed at the water elephant and main account promptly dies to it. Decide to just push on with alt and try my luck. Got through elephant, got to Liberty Geist, oneshot his first form, he locks green and red orbs + 5 combo shield, gogo Yamamoto and he's dead.

So the MAIN account has yet to kill Liberty Geist but the alt just made a mess of him.

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Spicy_Rev wrote: »
    Thanks, @Polaritie , I think I must have missed the king Tan and skill up thing. Wow, that seems super useful as I am terrible at skilling up things.

I don't think that system is actually in yet, is it? Until it is, they're used to do the skill transfers (which isn't worth doing since they're about to make that not require them)

Bottom line: 1 of each isn't useful at all. Right now you'd need 2 or 4 of each, and when they change what they're for you'll need 5 of each to make 1 useful thing. Save and ignore what you've got for now.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Can you co-op coin dungeons?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »

Yes

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Did challenges, finished volsung and cosmo for one last roll

Urd#3 - I think I'll hang onto her for a while - she comes with the +50, maybe eventually ill skill her up and get rid of the one running transfer duties currently

Maybe put her on lakshmi or something, I'm at like 215k mp right now but the mp dragons aren't really blowing my socks off atm

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Madican wrote: »

Yes

...and Green Bowl Dragon is back for zoops skillz.

akjak on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Okay so for Myr:
    Awoken Liu Bei, Z-D,Z-D,Z-D, Norn
    Awoken Liu Bei, Z-D,Z-D,Z-D, Norn

and I got the materials to inherit raphael onto someone. Who should I put it on? When I inherit onto someone, can I try and get skillups on the donator? Will they automatically transfer over to the borrowing monster? When someone gets skill delayed does it affect both skills?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    You can skill up a monster when it is inherited on another. Inherits add a second skill that can be charged once the first one is done so if you inherit Raphael on ALB it would take 10 turns to charge ALB like normal and then 16 turns later his his skill would change into Raphael's and you can no longer use ALB's skill, if you get hit by a delay then it will drop down to ALB's. This video would be a good start for planning your Myr teams you can use Verdandi on floor 2 and 4 if you don't have the same stuff he has although it is a bit more RNG dependent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EScizo69REA

Also you are probably going to want to mute your speakers before hitting play.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Do skill boosts affect the inherited skill too?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    ContentContextContentContext Registered User regular
    edited January 2017

Yes, in the sense that you can overcharge the first skill and make progress on the second. For instance, my water team has 13 boosts and the inherit on my Isis is 14 turns(3+11), so it's ready on turn 2.

ContentContext on
  • Options
    So Liu Bei is up in 14, and Raphael is up in 23, the inherit would make it take 14+23 turns to be up?
    I thought they charged together, so both would be up at 23.
    If I then use Raphael, does the charge go down to 0 for both? or is Liu Bei still available?

Sounds like I should put Raphael on my leader, but also putting Ra on one of the ZDs might be good for the first floor? Or doesn't really matter since it resets both skills?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

Yes, in the sense that you can overcharge the first skill and make progress on the second. For instance, my water team has 13 boosts and the inherit on my Isis is 14 turns(3+11), so it's ready on turn 2.

What if you have like....a 5+5 skill?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

What if you have like....a 5+5 skill?
    they remain on the second skill until you use it.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Skill 2 doesn't start charging until skill 1 is charged.

Yeah, Raphael would be up in 37 turns, minus however many skill boosts are on the team. Main team boosts only. Boosts on inherited cards don't count.

• Options
    So then you want your inherits on shortest cooldown skills?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    came back just in time to roll all my 75 mith on the year end god fest
    got a bunch of dupes (lol ronia) but I managed to get Gadius and Ilm

wtf Ilm, 100x is so easy to get

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    came back just in time to roll all my 75 mith on the year end god fest
    got a bunch of dupes (lol ronia) but I managed to get Gadius and Ilm

wtf Ilm, 100x is so easy to get

Pair with Tifa for maximum fun times.

• Options

Generally, yeah.

• Options
    edited January 2017

Generally, yeah.

That's why Tengu tends to show up on ALB teams a lot. Also his skill boosts.

Madican on
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular

yes and no. sometimes it's more appropriate to stack a certain type of skill onto one monster. for example you wouldn't want to put a damage enhance active on top of a short cooldown orb changer. you'd want to put it on top of a monster that already has a damage enhance. the idea being that you don't want a inherited skill to overwrite one you might really need, you want to put a better skill on top of it

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    So I was super jealous of a couple co-workers who play this game and both rolled Ichigo on the Bleach Collab so I farmed up 5 stones tonight and rolled Ichigo.

• Options
    Okay so in this specific example, who do I put Raphael on?
    Liu Bei, ZD, ZD, Michael, Verdandi?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Okay so in this specific example, who do I put Raphael on?
    Liu Bei, ZD, ZD, Michael, Verdandi?

michael

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    yea i would agree with walt. you don't want to inherit onto someone with a skill you use allthe time unless its a junk inherit to protect against skill delay

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Plus we'll get the tan-less inherits sooner or later

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    If I'm doing multiplayer though I'd need a billion turns unless its on the leader though correct?
    I tried with Raphael by himself, but we only died 5 times on the dragon that has resolve.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    you also get tons of skill boosts from multiplayer, so no big deal

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    After tidying up my box and taking some suggestions, it seems like Ronove/Roots/Rozuel/Gainaut/A. Isis may be a good team. Or swap A. Isis for A. Yomi? Thoughts?

Parvati has also been suggested for the last slot, which I'm not so sure about. Then one vote for...Seraph of Corruption, Lucifer. Which could be an interesting choice.

I could also theoretically swap in Linthia instead of Gainaut, but I don't have one of those yet. Would get 3 green on the team, where now I'm at 2 green/2 red.

Edit: Any combination with Parvati and Rozuel means I'm short one SBR. Unless I put Durga or...Andromeda in the last slot. I don't think I have anything else with 2 SBR.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    New Gremory buffs are out since JP players complained about the last one. 400 HP, 2 rows for the main attribute, bind recovery awakening, leader skill and typing for both is now God/Devil/Balanced.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sounds like Gremory will be jumping up a tier on the rankings.

The hilarious part is that the last buff DID make her stronger, but it also made it so she was unable to kill Sopdet. That stupid roadblock in the Arena is what got so many people up in arms.

• Options
    JP complained that Neptune Dragons attack was to high and made Gungho nerf him cause of Sopdet. It would be real nice if buffs weren't balanced around killing Sopdet.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »

Edit: Any combination with Parvati and Rozuel means I'm short one SBR. Unless I put Durga or...Andromeda in the last slot. I don't think I have anything else with 2 SBR.

I can't remember now. Are there not SBR Tamas you can add? Or are they just delay-resist?

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    are any of the bleach ones any good or can I use them as leveling mats?

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Leveling mats unless you have a good bleach REM pull you need to skill up. As I recall you recently started, so I would focus on Normal dungeons while they have half stamina. Best rank XP by far.

• Options
    Xaquin wrote: »
    are any of the bleach ones any good or can I use them as leveling mats?

Also while you're leveling up, you might wanna make friends with me. I have Ganesha I can leave up all the time, which will give you 1.5x xp and 2x coins. ;) Code is in my sig.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • Options
    Xaquin wrote: »
    thank you!

There, should be in my first slot forever.

• Options
    If you haven't done Experience of a Lifetime yet make sure you do it with Ganesha.

steam_sig.png