Options

[Puzzle & Dragons] Not-At-All Equivalent Exchange: Fullmetal Alchemist Collab

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Woo one shot dungeon down net 1 stone usage. Didn't pop a stone until Gaia dragon. Hoping that is the one I will need for rag dra

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    How difficult is the one shot dungeon?

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Around arena difficulty. There isn't as much of a random factor on what each floor can spawn but the bosses can be a bit difficult.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    The radar dragons will ruin your day if you're not aware of what they do.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    The radar dragons will ruin your day if you're not aware of what they do.

I made it to the 6th floor. Definitely not ready for this.

• Options
    Okay, so, in retrospect maybe Aizen was NOT the best choice for this Oneshot. Between things absorbing water and pre-emptives bigger than my entire health pool it cost me 5 stones to get Zeus Dragon. Although, funnily enough, the actual radar dragon was cake. One dark cross and combos to bring him below the 90% killshot range, he swaps to fire, blow actives and make two dark crosses + combo to wipe him out.

Now Ra Dragon needs to show up in the MP shop.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    yea i didnt really have much trouble with my ronove team.first stone came when i couldn't knock Gaia down with her damage shield and i fucked up my cross. then was able to tank her first big shot with isis and the heart cross

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Huh, I actually beat Myr four times in a row this time...

With Revo Ceres?

Yes.

Of course, now I've got Myrs stacked up with no x4 skill up boost, and the tan thing not in yet. So just holding onto them...

I've thought about trying the new challenge, but I've never tried the others. Or Arena. I just try to look them up to read what I should bring and my eyes glaze over. Too complicated for me I'm afraid. And I really doubt I have a team for it.

I might try to concentrate on the ranking dungeon, although those drive me crazy. I still have those two quests I can't finish.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    I don't think the one shot is all that hard for endgame teams, but it does have a lot of obnoxious bullshit monsters in it that are different from the obnoxious bullshit you already mastered in Arena, so there's that.

• Options
    It costs too much stamina for me to just give it a shot and see what happens, but it's also too complicated for me to look through all the floors online and try to figure out what team comp I'll need for it. And I'm not sure the reward is worth it either way.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Walt wrote: »
    I don't think the one shot is all that hard for endgame teams, but it does have a lot of obnoxious bullshit monsters in it that are different from the obnoxious bullshit you already mastered in Arena, so there's that.

Ask Aizen how fun Alfecca is. And Zaerog when he absorbs Dark repeatedly. And Zeus Dios pre-empt killing you instantly. And ZeusHera constantly getting knocked into resolve range.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    So this is how ranking dungeons feel with Ilm... under 10% on 2nd try

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    bringing a dark team to arena? shameful display

• Options
    Walt wrote: »
    bringing a dark team to arena? shameful display

Honestly Alfecca's water fuckery and the low HP in general was more an issue than any kind of anti-dark mechanics.

Hell, Zeus Dragon went down with no stones at all.

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular

Good luck getting that to stick.

• Options
    Tried a few...I do not have a team that works for the ranking dungeon.

Krishna/Urd/Gadius/Yamato/Del Gado/Shiva was my best try. 45%

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    So, it seems I have an ideal sub pool for Myr. There's a good chance I have a decent team to get me one and start getting her set up. What kinds of things are you guys using? I don't have Ceres, but I do have:

Lots of Light stuff

Shiva and friends

Some decent Dark but it needs work

Some decent Water but it needs work (notable: A. Isis, A. Orochi, SQ who I may awaken soon, U&Y)

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Do you have your box set up in Padherder?

• Options
    Not updated. It's probably easier if I can list some candidate teams, but it will have to wait until I get a break in my work.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular

Good luck getting that to stick.

I'm coming from a place where I had issue getting to sub 20 or 30%... I'll take anything I can get :D

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    I got myr and maxed her base awakens yesterday. If I dump a bunch of extra myrs on her before evolving, will I still get credit for evolved awakens? I think no, but never hurts to check.

Just like I should have checked on what I should be saving to evolve Myr. Good god. I've probably pitched so many of these.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    TravelingMattTravelingMatt Registered User regular
    Theblackwind; yes. If you feed Myr 9 myrs, when you get all evo'd you will be full up on awoken skills.

PSN: TravelingMat
    Time Zone: Eastern
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I got myr and maxed her base awakens yesterday. If I dump a bunch of extra myrs on her before evolving, will I still get credit for evolved awakens? I think no, but never hurts to check.

Just like I should have checked on what I should be saving to evolve Myr. Good god. I've probably pitched so many of these.

How?

What team? Weren't you just maxing zeus dioses yesterday? Wife and I tried but we don't have a good way to deal with the WeeJas. She Zeus Diosed him but he didn't die. Probably because she had to take a green monster off to put in lilith so we could clear the third floor. Someday Myr, when you are horribly powercreeped into obscurity, I will have you.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    I was, but that's just because I want a popular multiplayer/button team. I did myr legend yesterday with:

Kaede
    Perseus
    Vishnu
    verdandi
    Revo Parvati/Red Riding Hood
    Kaede/Zhuge Liang

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    Gave a few runs at Arena with the Aizen team and got pretty close for going in relatively blind. Runs mostly ended due to not knowing that Parvati would smack me hard when I got her into kill range or I didn't combo hard enough to bring down Zeus Vulcan. But Zaerog wasn't much of an issue and even when Sopdet showed up in the Parvati run he went down relatively painlessly. I'm positive I can do this now.

• Options
    Damn you Beelzebub, almost got to Kali.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    We are on the same timing! This one shot challenge inspired me to try arena with my main (BMyr). Cleared on my first try (DKali). This in turn inspired me to try with my alt in Coop, as both accounts yanked Noctis(s) not too long ago. Cleared first try with Noctis (DKali again). Alt account nabbed an Aizen last week but I am a little ways off having that ready for arena. Not too far off. I am glad to hear you are having a good go at it. What is your team Madican?

E: I'm super excited. I have put off any serious arena attempts forever and for no good reason. On my main at any rate. I got the alt pretty recently, honestly. Coop is broken.

TravelingMatt on
  • Options
    Aizen team is thus far Aizen / Eschamali / YomiDra / Plum (probably not the best but A.Haku is unskilled/unawoken so far) / DMeta (for shields and power)

The board change is what's really screwing me over at times. Beelzebub would have been cake had I been able to get rid of his poison and Kali would have definitely fallen to dual dark crosses. Once I get some more tamadras and badpys to pull A.Haku up to speed I think she'll really help.

• Options
    I was planning on doing A. Haku, Eschamali, Cecil, Noctis. Orochi on Aizen, Susanoo on Noctis. Aside from Satsuki and Panda, that's like my whole dark box. I am way jealous of that DMeta.

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Wow. Fuck.

I almost just lost all enthusiasm for this game.

I committed a few floors early to the clear on Zeus Dragon when I spent a stone. After spending another 9 stones I finally cleared the dungeon, with like 5 spent on Zeus because he turned to fire against my Kaede team and never turned back. I got 1 stone back for winning but the victory is so hollow. That was not fun at all. That was a brutal dungeon filled with bullshit. I think the difficulty curve may finally be losing me, we've gone from what I'd approximate as the equivalent of Legendary Halo 3 solo campaign to Legendary Halo 3 solo campaign all skulls on...blindfolded...on a Rockband Drumset.

• Options
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Just gotta whale harder for the newest power creep collab card

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    Just gotta whale harder for the newest power creep collab card

Honestly Myr does way better in both the Oneshot and Arena.

Also keep in mind that Oneshot is considered "Annihilation" level of difficulty, beyond even L+.

• Options
    I could bring Hinokagutsuchi and defense break the Predra...but that still requires me to have something hit for more than 2.5 million. I'd either need to have a ton of water orbs that turn to fire and get three rows, or bring a damage boost too. It might be better to just take the penalty for beating it with an attack skill, and not lose the time.

But the only piercing damage I have is Ra, Delgado, Lucifer, Lumiel and Famiel. Delgado is the only one with red, being green/red. So maybe I shouldn't use Krishna...

Wait, Roots does piercing damage apparently? But my Roots team and my Ronove team both suck. Ugh...

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Poison also work if you hadn't considered it

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Wow. Fuck.

I almost just lost all enthusiasm for this game.

I committed a few floors early to the clear on Zeus Dragon when I spent a stone. After spending another 9 stones I finally cleared the dungeon, with like 5 spent on Zeus because he turned to fire against my Kaede team and never turned back. I got 1 stone back for winning but the victory is so hollow. That was not fun at all. That was a brutal dungeon filled with bullshit. I think the difficulty curve may finally be losing me, we've gone from what I'd approximate as the equivalent of Legendary Halo 3 solo campaign to Legendary Halo 3 solo campaign all skulls on...blindfolded...on a Rockband Drumset.

Yep. My downturn started when I spent somewhere around 20 stones on Zeus 297. Welcome to the club.

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Poison also work if you hadn't considered it

Oh, good call since I hadn't.

• Options
    yea i gave arena a shot last week with my ronove team and made it to kali, but I got spanked hard. could barely make a dent in her

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Paired Pandora with Madican's Aizen. 18%

No way that holds. Need to shave off ten seconds or so.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    ShadowofVTShadowofVT Robot Overlord Boston, MARegistered User regular
    mts wrote: »
    yea i gave arena a shot last week with my ronove team and made it to kali, but I got spanked hard. could barely make a dent in her

I did exactly this last night with a Kaede team yesterday. Everything up to Kali was a breeze, but even with a good first turn I couldn't get her below 65% to prevent the one-shot. I definitely at least had the 50x multiplier, and may have even gotten all 3 green orb combos. The next time I think I'm going to bring Freyja for some added spike, I'm just not sure who she will replace.

It's rather frustrating, I've got a lot of the top leads (Kaede, Sumire, Revo Shiva, A. Pandora, Renove, Krishna), and a decent amount of subs (although not all of the critical ones for any of the teams), but still can't seem to beat arena.

I guess I just need to focus on getting Myr evolved to her final stage.