Options

[Puzzle & Dragons] Not-At-All Equivalent Exchange: Fullmetal Alchemist Collab

• Options
    TravelingMattTravelingMatt Registered User regular
    A burst is very commonly necessary for the Kali floor of arena. Just inherit Freyja someplace.

PSN: TravelingMat
    Time Zone: Eastern
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Wife and I finally beat our first evolving crazy pants dungeon, novonordisc. He actually seems pretty awesome, too bad he has to get fed to Myr.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    9 runs of Wednesday Expert. 1 dark mask. Fuck you too, PAD.

ElementWrath on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Arena 1 cleared for the first time! Got Dark Kali and almost triggered her kill move because I was just shy of the one shot. She went down next turn though, and now I have a new badpy and Arena 2 unlocked.

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    ive been farming arena 1 for a long time with ronove, there's definitely a huge range of difficulty in the runs depending on what monsters spawn/how hard you get trolled on orbs

the main thing for getting through arena consistently is knowing when you don't have to use an active and when you don't have to sweep a floor. bring inherits and take your time so that you always have powerful answers ready when you need them.

for what it's worth, the monsters that kill me the most are:
    Kagatsuchi - hard to burn his resolve down with Ronove's damage control abilities, must make incredible combo + heal every board for a very long time, if you miss resolve you won't have a burst active for Kali which is game over 90% of the time

Defoud - huge combo shield is hard enough for a heart cross, but Defoud is especially awful because he screws up the colors on the board, making it harder to hit high combo counts and potentially breaking hearts. he usually eats up an active or two, which is bad news because the next floor can be

Beelzebub - undoubtedly the worst possible Arena 1 spawn, Beelzebub requires you have not one but potentially two board changes up or he straight up kills you.

the ones that killed me a lot before I learned how to beat and now I almost never lose to:

Medjedra - he can be tempting to sweep but you need to stall him out. being careless here kills you because medjebeam hurts

Parvati - lesson in damage control for Ronove players and setting up good boards. not dangerous at all - stall as long as possible to get all your skills back, then just take care to not get killed by Himalayan Anger

Sopdet - don't match a heart cross, don't make green tpa, rinse repeat. occasional bad skyfall may force using a delay inherit

Artemis - Ronove is terrible at dealing with binds, just kill her immediately and save yourself six hearts

Gaia - just stall out the fire absorb if you can't full activate without fire combos. not worth pushing her down and getting bound

First Floor - don't leave the first floor if a sub got bound first turn. getting nailed by a 10 turn bind from l.izanami is very bad

Tamadra Floor - the only lolmaybeyoudie floor in PAD since you can get a random sub bound and then skill bound which usually ends your run

Floor 10 (Chinese gods) - never died here, but good to know this is the safest place to stall in the whole dungeon, and also the most conveniently located

Walt on
  • Options
    TravelingMattTravelingMatt Registered User regular
    Just dropped an arena attempt when I made a cross and one blue 3 orb match at the very top of the board against Kagu and skyfalled a friggin blue prong (BMyr). Grudge Howl into Grisar on the next floor made short work of me.

PSN: TravelingMat
    Time Zone: Eastern
  • Options
    Honestly I can survive Beelzebub if I have either Escha up or both Plum and Yomidra. Aizens recovery is strong enough to eat a whole board of poison and still heal given some hearts and combos. So long as I don't then skyfall Beel into his second all poison board.

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    They aren't foolin' around with the xp needed on reincarnated dudes. Whoosh.

ReRa is 50, ReCeres 30ish, Susano next

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    is reincarnated susano even worth it? I don't think I use him as an actual spot on any teams, just an inherit on stuff that isn't even green

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Tomorrow's Godfest is pretty good Heros and 5x GFE drops with an excellent line-up. Egyptian 2 is sorta meh but I think they are now one of the older pantheons that hasn't got an awoken evo or super ult evo.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Dropped to 21%. Don't see me getting a better run.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Tomorrow's Godfest is pretty good Heros and 5x GFE drops with an excellent line-up. Egyptian 2 is sorta meh but I think they are now one of the older pantheons that hasn't got an awoken evo or super ult evo.

Debating pulling for Sanada on Day 2 with main, but I'll probably save for Heroine and try for fire Escha or little Ilm without iap at all anymore.

Alt though. Gala of Flame and shot at Yamato, Napoleon, and other fire goodies to go with Old Man Willy Pete? Heck yes. Three rolls on that one, maybe four.

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Got 19.9%

that'll hold, right

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    It kills me but I think I have the Actual Optimal Team in my box but virtually none of it is developed

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Yup.

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    It kills me but I think I have the Actual Optimal Team in my box but virtually none of it is developed

It's nice to have goals in life. *snort*

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    I also am not developed enough to use it since it's an Anubis team

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Oh,thought you meant the Dios team.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Anubis team is basically anubis and then maxskilled sonia inherits on maxskilled tengus + lucifer

I have dios like crazy
    Tell me more about dios team

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    It's on Reddit, I'm not at my comp to do a in depth search. It was something like Dios, Leeza, Spica, Dios, Dios. Rodin inherit for predra.

Think I've found the team I'll attempt with. Yamamoto, Urd, Rodin, Kanna, Verdandi. Lacking sbr but if I don't get bound by dogs I know I can swipe to victory. Or at least below 10%

Edit: Took a couple tries, they kept binding friend Yamamoto, but got 5.4%. That oughtta hold.

Madican on
  • Options
    With Pandora I either use way too many orbs and overkill, leaving no orbs for the next floor...or try to play it safe, use exactly 6 or 8 and don't kill them, basically ending the run.

Krishna has no good all-colors setup, and no red damage for the Predra. I don't think my Roots or Ra or Ronove teams are usable at all in general.

Looks like I'm enjoying another few months without those badges waiting for the next ranking dungeon to roll around. Only to likely fail again, of course.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I need to get a defense break or poison onto my Panda team because I lose too many points using Luci to one shot the predra. I don't really have a good option ready, though. :(

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Does poison not lose you points? I assumed it would give you the same penalty.

I thought about defense break, but even 75% still means you need to do 2.5 million with one attack. Which is hard to get without a great board or another skill being used.

Edit: Brought Lilith, poison doesn't give you the penalty. That's nice. But I still haven't gotten over 100k. Ugh...

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I turned on PAD Ragnarok vids at lunch yesterday and I think I can put together a team that may work for.....something.

A.Okuninushi
    A.Persephone
    Satsuki

The other two spots could potentially be filled by the following:
    Yomi Dragon (have the MP for it but haven't bought)
    A.Yomi
    A.Loki
    Revo Hades
    Durham
    AALuci

I don't have Pandora or Haku. His team used iirc Yomidra and Durga out of the list. Some of the above will need to have their evos changed or actually evolved/leveled but the team is there.

I also probably have a very solid Sumire team staring at me but don't know it.

Sumire
    Sumire
    Gabriel (or whichever archangel that is)
    SQ
    A.Isis
    Orochi
    I&I
    Lumiel *2 (or is it Famiel?)
    Andro
    Sarasvati
    Nut
    Y'shtola
    Sitri

Mugsley on
  • Options
    FiskebentFiskebent DenmarkRegistered User regular
    A yolo roll on each account. Sumire and Ares. Not bad...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Alt went three rolls, fourth later.

Minerva
    Diadem
    Shiva

Not bad, two solid fire cards.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Five rolls:
    Beast Rider (eh...)
    MP crap
    Wukong
    Fenrir dupe (sell?)
    Goetia (not a bad active I guess)

Sun Wukong is nice, the rest is so-so at best? Was kind of hoping for Pandora, but eh.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    I got sumire and wukong, 20k mp!

• Options
    Three rolls, all new
    Green Valk
    Trailokyajavija
    Arcline

I was really surprised by the valk

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Yea i got junk on my main but my alt got zweilander and sitri

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Got Nephthys, then Nut, both first time pulls. Then, another Nephthys. At least she's adorable.

• Options
    BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Main: Dino Rider
    Alt: Gryps Rider

edit: Oh. Well. Consolation roll on my main got me Kanna. Apology accepted, PAD.

Billmaan on
  • Options
    ContentContextContentContext Registered User regular
    Sumire #2 and Osiris #2. Sumire is useful, at least.

Been doing some light farming with a Markab/Shivadra team. It's less orb hungry and has more consistent damage than my ACC system team. Not for serious content, but it's good for what it is.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Did one pull, got Sumire. I keep coming up with great leads and no subs.

• Options
    Good news sumire is a good sub too

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Artereis wrote: »
    Got Nephthys, then Nut, both first time pulls. Then, another Nephthys. At least she's adorable.

I pulled Nephthys too. Already had Nut.

I really need to go through and sell all of these things just sitting around.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Did a yolo and got gremmory on my other account. I guess I should probably work on that team then, now that I can coop it?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Two Pulls:

Ronove (!!!!!)
    Satsuki

Wow, time to stop while I'm ahead.

• Options
    That star treasure thing was finally up while I was here. +40 from one bar of stamina is pretty nice.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    3.8% on the ranking dungeon. I COULD probably get below 1% but that'd necessitate spending stones because EVERYTHING has to go 100% perfect.

Floor 1: Must have at least six fire orbs after jammers, using Verdandi takes time. Must get 5 combos ONLY.
    Floor 2: Must have six fire orbs without an active.
    Floor 3: Must not get skillbound (40% chance). Friend Yamamoto must not be bound. Rodin must not get bound (doesn't have full awakenings yet). Urd must not get bound. Must only do ONE combo.
    Floor 4: Must have six fire orbs. Must only do ONE combo.
    Floor 5: Easy floor. Rodin poison and move one orb one space. No combo.
    Floor 6: Must have six fire orbs. Must only do ONE combo.
    Floor 7: Easiest floor. Pop Urd, pop Yamamoto, hit damage cap.