As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Puzzle & Dragons] Not-At-All Equivalent Exchange: Fullmetal Alchemist Collab

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Moogle is not bad on Myr teams for the short heart maker active if you can carry it's bad stats.

steam_sig.png
  • AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    Any suggestions on how to beat Deus Ex Machina without using too many stones?

• WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    Ataxrxes wrote: »

lead? is coop an option?

Deus can be delayed or burst down on turn 1 so you can ignore the resolve on floor 6 once your important skills are 2 turns away. 1 turn to burst it down and another to ping it for 1 damage.

steam_sig.png
  • ContentContextContentContext Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Ah, that feeling of waking up with 0 stones and already being back up to 4. Not that the challenges were that tough, but I cleared them all with Cloud/Ilm, which is my new favorite team. Hope they show some love to Mech2 and the cyber dragons/beasts soon. I know Markab has a buff in the pipeline, but the rest could use something. Uvos, specifically.

Pulled Hatsume with the freebie. Not pulling again.

ContentContext on
  • MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Deus can be delayed or burst down on turn 1 so you can ignore the resolve on floor 6 once your important skills are 2 turns away. 1 turn to burst it down and another to ping it for 1 damage.

I'm pretty sure I used my LKali team when I beat Deus those few times about a month or two ago. Complete with A.Orochi for the super delay.

Walt wrote: »

lead? is coop an option?

Co-op is an option with a few teams. I have a variety of leads available, some teams are more finished than others. What have people generally been running? I don't think I've ever actually made it to the boss but I haven't tried in some time.

Yomi Dragon was really simple.

steam_sig.png

Solo or co-op? I only have YomiDra finished on my main account. I have been stymied by the yellow dragon flower on my alt. I have everything else! I ran Thursday dungeon (from quest) about a gazillion times yesterday and it was a never ending parade of blue and red flowers, ugh.

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Looking for opinions here.

My current Myr team is Apoc, ADQXQ, Wukong and Saria. Would I be better off swapping in Kanna's new light ult for Saria and inheriting her skill onto someone instead?

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I don't remember Diagoldos being this much of a dickpunch for my Kali team. 54.25x makes the Fire/Wood dude laugh. Perhaps I'll try ADQXQ and see if I fare any better.

Solo or co-op? I only have YomiDra finished on my main account. I have been stymied by the yellow dragon flower on my alt. I have everything else! I ran Thursday dungeon (from quest) about a gazillion times yesterday and it was a never ending parade of blue and red flowers, ugh.

Solo.

steam_sig.png
    Ataxrxes
    edited December 2016
    Artereis wrote: »
    Looking for opinions here.

My current Myr team is Apoc, ADQXQ, Wukong and Saria. Would I be better off swapping in Kanna's new light ult for Saria and inheriting her skill onto someone instead?

take Saria out and inherit her on Myr, for sure. Kanna is RIDICULOUS damage
    SO
    MUCH
    DAMAGE
    N5Cvk4U.png

Walt on
    Fiskebent
    I already have Megumi on Myr, so Saria would go to someone else. That is a very convincing screenshot, though.

edited December 2016
    Use a friend's Myr with a board change inherit active. And that is Ra Dragon not Myr.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
    Ataxrxes
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Isn't kanna TPA, while the rest of that team is rows, though?

steam_sig.png
    edited December 2016
    Spoit wrote: »
    Isn't kanna TPA, while the rest of that team is rows, though?

Yeah but making a row every floor takes a lot of orbs and Kanna can wreck a lot of stuff with a TPA instead and save orbs or active skills for more important floors.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
    The team has a handful of TPA already, so it would go from 11 rows, 5 tpa to 9 and 9.

the point isn't that it's ra dragon or how much damage the number is, it's that relative to the other mons Kanna is doing an outrageous amount of damage off a TPA

I use her on Myr too, she cleans out trash and her active lets me burst down Kali even with a not-great board. Myr teams have plenty of TPA on them anyways and it's 100% worth it to be able to conserve orbs while still wrecking shop in longer dungeons like Arena.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Didn't see anything worth spending stamina on today so I bought Evo Monster dungeon and ran that a lot of times. Ended up with materials and masks to evolve Awoken Artemis and Ult. Light Kanna. Then I slapped one of my +297 holders onto Kanna and hoo boy she is going to kick some serious ass on the Myr team once I get the tamadras to awaken her fully. 2100+ Attack and all the dongers. Scheat doesn't even compare.

Madican on
    Heffling
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I muddled through another couple of rerolls, not exactly sure what I was looking for. Leaving behind a few of my PCGF rolls felt a little dumb, but I'm still not sure I will even get into the game so a good first roll seemed important.

I just got an Incarnation of Byakko, Haku, and there's some cool stuff going on with her. Her Leader and Active skills will make it easy to understand which further units I get are good for making a party, which is a nice bonus. Won't be rolling any more new accounts, I want to get all these Tama things and try to hit rank 50 for the free Xmas roll. That might be a pipe dream, but who knows?

When people make a party of all one element, you still get all the different orbs, right? Do you use low cooldown abilities to shift orbs into red, or do you use duel element Red/X dudes?

Is it worth doing a pull or two on the Xmas REM?

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    To rush rank 50, you want to just spam through Normals to Tower of Giants and blow that apart over and over. You probably can't manage the Monday dungeon right away...

The Experience of a Lifetime that's up will get there instantly actually I think? And it basically can't hurt you. Ish. Edit: No, wait, you need 30 stam for it, dammit.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    All the orbs will spawn but you need a source of fire and water damage for the leader skill to trigger. Xmas REM is a trap the drop rates for the good is stupid low. Add my main account and I can get up to 50 tonight once I am done eating. 366,366,226.

steam_sig.png
    Bleach collab is arriving Soon.

God damn they want my stones.

Reynolds
    Maintenance has every new evo from the Ra Dragon update, except Ra Dragon's evo...

steam_sig.png
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Reincarnated Hinokagutsuchi and Ra. And got them to max level. And found one more Flampy to max skill Hino. So that was nice.

I still don't think I have a team for Ra, except for farming Tamadra.

Working on Awakening/Reincarnating Ceres still. Then I guess Hades?

Then I need to update Padherder and figure out a Ronove team, I think. I don't have Kaede, so I'll have to settle for scraping something together...

uyvfOQy.png
    Heffling
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    All the orbs will spawn but you need a source of fire and water damage for the leader skill to trigger. Xmas REM is a trap the drop rates for the good is stupid low. Add my main account and I can get up to 50 tonight once I am done eating. 366,366,226.

I'd still throw a roll or two at it, menace is a fine skill for beginners still and the xmas Lilith's leader skill isn't half bad either

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I like this Christmas dungeon. Evolved pengdras and nagas dropping is nice. Not sure it's really efficient on stamina though at the tier pengdras are evolved....

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Maintenance has every new evo from the Ra Dragon update, except Ra Dragon's evo...

I am betting they'll wait until he comes back to the store before releasing that update.

• TravelingMattTravelingMatt Registered User regular
    I'll bet they wait until the third one shot challenge comes around so everyone has a chance at ZeusDra.

PSN: TravelingMat
    Time Zone: Eastern
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Need to decide which akechi I want. Think I am leaning towards d/d since I already have gremory and a. Panda for leads

camo_sig.png
    mts wrote: »
    Need to decide which akechi I want. Think I am leaning towards d/d since I already have gremory and a. Panda for leads

Yeah I think D/D is better if you are using him as a sub.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    This may be a dumb question, but I can't figure it out to save my soul.

You know how your monsters can be skilled up (I think is the term) by combining your monster with a copy of itself?

How do you get the copies?

I've managed it for some, but not for others. Is it luck? Is there something I'm missing?

I have a nice healer that I'd like to upgrade but have no idea where to get the same healer to combine her with.

edited December 2016
    Xaquin wrote: »

You know how your monsters can be skilled up (I think is the term) by combining your monster with a copy of itself?

I've managed it for some, but not for others. Is it luck? Is there something I'm missing?

I have a nice healer that I'd like to upgrade but have no idea where to get the same healer to combine her with.

You can get skill ups by feeding a monster with the same named skill, it doesn't matter what the monster you feed it is called. You can also feed it Pis (Shynpy, Woodpy, Flampy etc.) of the same color for a guaranteed skill up but I would only do that for high value monsters that you use all the time and that don't really have skill up feeders available. You should be able to search by skill on PADX and find things to feed.

P.S. If you have the box space I would recommend saving your skill up material to feed during an event with X3 or X4 rates otherwise you will go insane. Hell, you might even get a little cracked during an event because they skill ups, they don't want to happen.

Ataxrxes on
    XaquinBlueBlue
    Xaquin wrote: »

You can get skill ups by feeding a monster with the same named skill, it doesn't matter what the monster you feed it is called. You can also feed it Pis (Shynpy, Woodpy, Flampy etc.) of the same color for a guaranteed skill up but I would only do that for high value monsters that you use all the time and that don't really have skill up feeders available. You should be able to search by skill on PADX and find things to feed.

Or just go to the monster's page on padx and it lists all the cards that have the skill. Then if you click on the card it will tell you where /if it drops

camo_sig.png
    AtaxrxesBlueBlue
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Part of me wants to start feeding off Christmas stuff for skill up attempts but then the other part just wants to save them for King tans

camo_sig.png
    edited December 2016
    W4TcW9W.jpg

Revo Hino added a huge chunk of hp to this team. It was previously in the mid 40's. That's with the 15% hp badge on.

Edit: Thinking of swapping ACao's Shield inherit for a bind clear. First thought is taking Rinoa off of AAme and putting one of them onto him. Rinoa is faster and has haste, but AAme has future inherit buff potential, plus I kind of want to try out Rinoa's buffs in a team setting. Her having a bind clear awakening makes giving her an inherit less of a risk.

ContentContext on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    So if you're going fire TPAs with revo hino et al... is the better lead krishna or revo shiva?

steam_sig.png
    Spoit wrote: »
    So if you're going fire TPAs with revo hino et al... is the better lead krishna or revo shiva?

In general, or in relation to my post? In general, Shiva seems more suited to the TPA lifestyle. Not that Krishna wouldn't do well with a Hino sub, since he has a row in addition to the TPAs.

I only use that pairing because I don't have Krishna, but a lot of my list switched to him. It is solid though, especially now. Enough hp to tank a big hit, plus the ability to do decent damage with fewer red orbs, as long as you can hit the combo count.