As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Puzzle & Dragons] Not-At-All Equivalent Exchange: Fullmetal Alchemist Collab

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Yeah boss status shields will stop delays.

Lots of bosses have status shields as a preemptive sadly.

And a lot do not, or do it turn one and leave an opening. Not all of them have particularly long shields...

But delay also works nicely to stall and let other stuff come up in addition to letting you mess up boss patterns, squeak out extra turns, etc. Menace is a solid skill to have available, though I think it's eventually dropped endgame (for the record, I'm still running Echidna because of that whole stall to recharge utility).

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    BlueBlue
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    this game is far more involved than at first glance

BlueBlueReynoldsTheBlackWindCantideAtaxrxes38thDoeElementWrath
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Yeah boss status shields will stop delays.

Lots of bosses have status shields as a preemptive sadly.

And a lot do not, or do it turn one and leave an opening. Not all of them have particularly long shields...

But delay also works nicely to stall and let other stuff come up in addition to letting you mess up boss patterns, squeak out extra turns, etc. Menace is a solid skill to have available, though I think it's eventually dropped endgame (for the record, I'm still running Echidna because of that whole stall to recharge utility).

I used my Christmas archangel's delay just recently for the Zhou Yu challenge

Speaking of that, a common use for delays is in situations like that - where something has a resolve shield (will survive your attack with 1 hp remaining while they are over a certain hp threshold) coupled with them nuking you or other shenanigans when they reach <1% hp

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Alt is Rank 80 and the best subs for fire they have includes a snowglobe? Don't matter, everyone hop on board the Yamamoto Train. Choo choo, gonna carry the whole team by doing millions of damage and completely break the progression curve.

TheBlackWindCantide
  • FiskebentFiskebent DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I don't know what to set as my goal right now. I feel a little lost.
    I have fully evoed Myr on both accounts and she's a lot of fun to play. My alts team is a bit crap though and all the good subs are REM cards.

Since I have R.Shiva on both accounts, I guess I could start working on Scarlets?
    Or maybe try taking on Machine Hera?

steam_sig.png
  • WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    if you have two accounts I'd go for a mathena setup

• akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I don't get this game sometimes. Gremory and Ronove, for instance. When you achieve their full leader bonus the "100x!" or w/e pops on the puzzle screen for each match. But Sumire, when you do a 5oe never says 5x (or 10x with friend lead).

This game is so frustrating with showing you what bonuses are applying.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
    Reynolds
    akjak wrote: »
    I don't get this game sometimes. Gremory and Ronove, for instance. When you achieve their full leader bonus the "100x!" or w/e pops on the puzzle screen for each match. But Sumire, when you do a 5oe never says 5x (or 10x with friend lead).

Yeah, I'm not really sure how the two multiplier displays are tripped. I think one is anything that globally boosts a specific match, the other is global boosts to the final total, and then any other boost doesn't show there?

Gremory's heart cross bonus shows, her skill activation bonus does not (so double Gremory only shows 36x, even though it actually reaches 144x for the right types... of course I have a severe lack of said types with useful skills so...)

edited December 2016

If the card says X and X gets 2.5x attack unconditionally, or it only applies to a specific element, then it will not show up in a combo. Sumire says that matching 5 orbs gets 5x attack for the matching element only, so it won't appear. However, if it says something like "if you match 6+ dark orbs then you get 5x attack" then it will show up on the combo, because the attack boost is universal.

Yamamoto is similar. He applies 2.5x attack to Fire cards unconditionally. However, you get 4x attack if you match 6+ fire orbs. So when you do a combo it says 16x when with a friend Yamamoto lead. However, already that 2.5x has been combined with the friend lead. So even without comboing at all your Fire cards will get 6.25x attack power. However, when you do 6 fire orbs then it says 16x, which is multiplied by the 6.25x to equal 100x total.

Madican on
    Cantide
    edited December 2016
    Ok, that makes sense. Just annoying that the skill descriptions are sometimes sooo bad.

What I'd really love is some kind of post-dungeon recap screen. Show me the damage I did, how many bonuses, etc.

akjak on
    Ok, that makes sense. Just annoying that the skill descriptions are sometimes sooo bad.

What I'd really love is some kind of post-dungeon recap screen. Show me the damage I did, how many bonuses, etc.

they have that exact thing for the scored dungeons

Welp. I did it. I blew a pack on the Bleach collab to chase Aizen. Was it worth it? Was it really, truly worth it?
    GiUt6kkl.png

TNTrooperTheBlackWindChomp-Chomp
    No, clearly not.

Rank 200 get. And Krishna plus Krishna does delightful things to tricolor dungeons.

MadicanTheBlackWind
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I'm still at a 50% clear rate on Myr with Ceres. So not really an improvement over Krishna.

It takes about 15-20 minutes to run through once, and then I have that 50% chance to not do enough damage and die to Time Saw.

Otherwise basically invincible...but that just means I'm guaranteed to get to Myr and then flip a coin to see if I die after putting the 20 minutes in.

uyvfOQy.png
    the only truly consistent Myr teams I had were Ronove and Sumire. Sumire because of the water skyfall buff, and Ronove because he's stupid. Sherias Roots seemed okay but there was just too much board change shenanigans to be consistent.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    So @Madican convinced me to plop down my holiday iTunes cards for the collab. Got yamamoto, so even though I can't coop with myself, I'm satisfied

steam_sig.png
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    If you rolled Sado from the collab too he makes a good inherit for Yamamoto teams.

steam_sig.png
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I'm still at a 50% clear rate on Myr with Ceres. So not really an improvement over Krishna.

It takes about 15-20 minutes to run through once, and then I have that 50% chance to not do enough damage and die to Time Saw.

Otherwise basically invincible...but that just means I'm guaranteed to get to Myr and then flip a coin to see if I die after putting the 20 minutes in.

That still seems like a significant improvement over my 0% Myr clear rate.

I'm clearing almost all of the Master/Legend and Legend/Mythical Descends, so building up quite the cadre of characters.

Red Sonia in Sonia Gran, however, can eat a big ole dick. I can quite confidently make 4 combos and generally make 5 combos every move, but she needs 6. Which means often I have to rely on skyfall. Which makes her fight:

Set up board, heal.
    Make a six combo, no skyfall, get her to 30%, feeling great, got this in the bag.
    Make a five combo, no skyfall, she heals to 80%, still feel confident.
    Set up board, heal.
    Flub by accidentally running of the board at a four combo, heal her to 100%. Tilt begins.
    Make a five combo, no skyfall.
    Set up board, heal.
    Make a four combo, one skyfall. Just because it wants to tease me.
    Make a six combo, no skyfall, get her to 30%, feeling cautiously confident.
    No heal orbs, no hp, get tilted, flub, and die.

Repeat like 5 times before I get her.

Ataxrxes
    Spoit wrote: »
    So @Madican convinced me to plop down my holiday iTunes cards for the collab. Got yamamoto, so even though I can't coop with myself, I'm satisfied

Congratulations, you now have probably the strongest card for solo farming. He can still pair with some other fire leads though, so don't count out co-op with yourself yet.

If you rolled two Sado cards then even better.

Madican wrote: »

Congratulations, you now have probably the strongest card for solo farming. He can still pair with some other fire leads though, so don't count out co-op with yourself yet.

I have enough left for 2 more rolls. Should I burn them trying to get a 2nd sado? I mean, I already have a ton of much better board changers like ares and a whole army of ronias and such.

steam_sig.png
    Madican wrote: »

I have enough left for 2 more rolls. Should I burn them trying to get a 2nd sado? I mean, I already have a ton of much better board changers like ares and a whole army of ronias and such.

If you already have good board changers then I'd say save them.

Looks like we'll be able to get Aten during the godfest this weekend. He looks super gimmicky and I'll probably be disappointed if I pull him.

steam_sig.png
    edited December 2016
    Wasn't having any luck at all skilling up 2nd tsubaki but I saved a bunch of these dragons for 4x

First 5 I get nothing, 2nd 5 I get all of them

You win this one, math

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    TheBlackWindTravelingMatt
  • BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    Wow, Aten looks spectacularly terrible. In Japan, I guess he was the first card with a "changes board to 7x6" leaderskill, so at least that was novel, but here we have Tifa, etc.

edited December 2016
    He looks pretty good for ronove imo

I think the built in 9x on double types is also neato

Actually do enemies have multiple types
    Ok yeah they do

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Aten is the "Ra Dragon is one of the leads, but also you want 7x6 board" lead

so like the 'make descends even... easier... for Ra Dragon" guy

he's not bad, honestly

Don't underestimate his killers.

• BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    I just can't get past the terrible stats, especially the abysmal attack stat.

Fiskebent
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    How long do we think before we get free skill inherits?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

his stats are one of the best things about him. he has EVERY KILLER awakening except enhance/evo materials so he effectively does 3-9x his damage to everything. but because his attack stat is weighted low, he has INSANE hp

• ContentContextContentContext Registered User regular
    mkKvT6g.jpg
    Talk about imbalanced damage. The power of prongs. Still have to plus Ruel and the 3rd Verd.

Giving up on the top 3 challenges. Arena's a safer bet, in terms of getting a Py.

38thDoe wrote: »

Probably early February.

steam_sig.png
  • TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    so tempted to buy stone for 50+'ed GF exclusives...

I've managed to fight the urge for so long though.

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
    If you want to convert stones into +eggs the REM is a terrible place. Make a farm team for STTD an hour in that can net over 600+ and costs less then 2 rolls.

steam_sig.png
    BlueBlue
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »

Probably early February.

._.

Well lived without it this long. No reason to ever pay for anything.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

If you want to convert stones into +eggs the REM is a terrible place. Make a farm team for STTD an hour in that can net over 600+ and costs less then 2 rolls.

STTD?

STTD?

Star something or rather. The +egg urgent

steam_sig.png
    Star treasure thieves den

CD World Tour status:
    so tempted to buy stone for 50+'ed GF exclusives...

I've managed to fight the urge for so long though.

stay strong! it isn't worth it

TheBlackWind
    Why is Linthia so hard to evolve? :(

If you want to evo her, remember to get the flower dragons from the coin dungeons before they rotate out. And then cross your fingers that the dark insect dragon gets rotated in soon...

steam_sig.png