As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Puzzle & Dragons] Not-At-All Equivalent Exchange: Fullmetal Alchemist Collab

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hmm. Is this going to be like the odds of a particular 5* are boosted, but the overall odds of landing a PCGF hit are lower than they otherwise would be, or?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    I also wondered that re:rodin
    Running him with ult shiva drag or something?

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Active is a good nuke for Star Treasure Thieves' Den and the list of inheritable poison actives is actually really small.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    Oh good, 50 tries to get Kaede and/or Pandora. Who am I kidding... It will end up in disappointment
    41vxf63bsfx1.jpg

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Hmm. Is this going to be like the odds of a particular 5* are boosted, but the overall odds of landing a PCGF hit are lower than they otherwise would be, or?

The 5* cards in the PCGF have a relatively decent chance to drop, but overall more silver eggs will show up than anything else. I'll see if I can explain.

The way a Godfest usually works is that about two pantheons and the gods in them get a rate boost on a particular day. These gods are 5* and the chances of landing them are decent. Accompanying this are the Godfest Exclusives, mostly 5* with the coveted 6* powerhouses, who nowadays have 4x rates for them on their days. Couple that with whatever Gala is going on and you have a decent shot at landing a gold egg of some sort. However, any god that's NOT featured has no rate-up bonus, so it's standard rates to roll them as outside a Godfest (which is why you don't roll outside of one). So when you roll in one of thesese Godfests you have a good shot of getting the featured pantheons and a decent shot at the GFE's, at least the 5* cards.

However, the PCGF is different from other GF in that only GFE's that were voted in will even drop. The others will not at all. So only the 6* were voted in. The thing about those cards is they have a very low chance to drop, so a rate-up doesn't do much for them. Say Sun Wukong a 5* member of the Heroes Pantheon, has a 2% chance to drop but because it's Light Gala and Heroes are featured in the GF he gets a 4x rate boost and now you have an 8% chance to draw him out. Very nice! But Kanna is also in here and she's a 6* GFE with a .2% chance to drop normally. Galas don't help GFE cards, so she only gets the 4x rate-up to get a .8% chance to drop. This is worse than even the non-featured gods and requires either lots of luck, lots of money, or both.

So, this PCGF has a ton of 6* GFE cards in it and some 5* cards in it. Due to the mechanics of only boosting the featured cards let's say that the remaining 14 cards have gotten their rate-up along with the 11 6* GFE cards. However, because the 6* GFE cards already have low rates it effectively means only those 14 5* cards have a decent rate boost. 14 cards out of the ENTIRE Rare Egg Machine and absolutely no shot at non-featured 5* GFE's to salvage things. So here's where the Gala comes in play more than usual, meaning you'll be rolling mostly cards of its element, which means a high rate of silvers and some golds.

Like I said, you do have a good shot at the 5* cards in the PCGF, and when you're new then nothing is truly "bad" to roll. It's either MP or a card you can use, even if it may not be top-end material. However, for the people who already have a strong stable of cards but don't have 6* GFE's missing their subs, then they'd be better off waiting for a normal 4x rate Godfest with their desired pantheon.

• Options
    AhiMahi wrote: »
    Oh good, 50 tries to get Kaede and/or Pandora. Who am I kidding... It will end up in disappointment
    41vxf63bsfx1.jpg

It's gonna be a Midnight Gala so congrats on your new Pandora.

Kaede...well you do have a decent number of stones so maybe!

• Options
    The last PCGF dark was the most voted non-gfe color and it was a light gala. This PCGF is way more even but dark is tied for least voted non-gfe color and it gets the gala.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Goddamn Zeus challenge. I refuse to spend stones even though the two chimeras are the toughest part!

In other, more welcome news, hey-ho HERE WE GO!

sqdt1bS.png
    HuOn9Wl.png
    uhUucrV.png

No less than ELEVEN 6* cards so I hope you guys feel lucky or really like whatever Gala is next. Starts this Friday and goes to the end of Sunday!

Cross cross waifu cross multiplayer-farming. Ugh.

It's weird that I have eight of those already. And only like two of them have gotten any use.

Well I guess Rozuel was a good sub for a while, and Ra works for farming Tamadra. Wukong would be on Myr's team if mine was ever usable.

But what is Andromeda even doing there?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Andromeda is a critical water sub and is extremely powerful on any water team. She is the workhorse of Summyr and Sarasvati.

• Options
    Christmas rem buffs and new cards announced. No red Myr like everyone was expecting instead we get the much better

l1uznzn4y75n.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Translation? Also, is there a description about how the king tan thing works? Do you need a base monster to fuse the 5 colored tans into? If so, where do you get it?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    Translation? Also, is there a description about how the king tan thing works? Do you need a base monster to fuse the 5 colored tans into? If so, where do you get it?

You fuse six tans of one color into a King Tan and then fuse a King Tan + skill up materials into the desired monster to make those skill up materials 100% chance.

• Options

Its http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=2999 but Fire orbs instead of Dark and 2x to God and Devils instead of Balanced and Devils on skill use.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TNTrooper wrote: »

Its http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=2999 but Fire orbs instead of Dark and 2x to God and Devils instead of Balanced and Devils on skill use.

That is a lot better. Especially the god typing, allowing you to use, like, yamato

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Yamato, Urd, both flavors of Yukimura Sanada, Krishna, Tsubaki, Red Isis Ame no Uzume, and all the shiny new reincarnated evos are Gods.

Kuvia from the upcoming Heroine series looks pretty awesome and there is a fire Eschamali if you can work around the heartbreaker active.

RIP Xiang Mei.

Edit: Almost forgot about Dantalion.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So....what are the odds it'll be the shiny 500k MP buy one?

steam_sig.png
  • Options

None, it's already been said to not be available in the store. You have to roll her.

• Options
    FiskebentFiskebent DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I'm seriously considering skipping the PCGF. All the 6* GFEs don't have a better chance of dropping here than in a normal GF where they usually also have a 4x chance of dropping.
    But in a normal GF, *all* the GFEs can drop. In this one, it's only the ones that have been voted in.

The non-GFE cards that have been voted in are nice, but I don't think that makes up for the worse chance of pulling GFEs.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I have always wanted ra

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

None, it's already been said to not be available in the store. You have to roll her.

Ugh, dammit. Now I don't know what to do with PCGF coming up.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    TravelingMattTravelingMatt Registered User regular
    I am likely skipping the PCGF on my main. Only things I would be jazzed about is a DKali or Aketchi. My alt will probably go ham on it though.

PSN: TravelingMat
    Time Zone: Eastern
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    I have always wanted ra

Me too, Dupe Kaedes would be great too.

I'm gonna guess I roll at least 2 Viper Orochis though.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Isis, Andro, and Orochi. Unexpected.

I'm assuming ROdin made it in just from having fans.

This is the first PCGF since I started playing that didn't include Kirin.

• Options
    Spicy_RevSpicy_Rev Registered User regular
    I have been playing forever and I would love a Rodin. Poison guys are just rare enough and he brings so much in the stat side too.

• Options
    BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    I will blow all my stones in any godfest that features Sun Wukong, this one included.

edit: I'd also take a Kaede or three.

Billmaan on
  • Options
    TravelingMattTravelingMatt Registered User regular
    Kaede is just so strong. I have never run a Kaede led team, but I have a pair hypermaxed and you can find them on any green team I build.

PSN: TravelingMat
    Time Zone: Eastern
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Wicked late to the party but I finally evolved to Awoken Liu Bae. Hooray!

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    Fiskebent wrote: »
    I'm seriously considering skipping the PCGF. All the 6* GFEs don't have a better chance of dropping here than in a normal GF where they usually also have a 4x chance of dropping.
    But in a normal GF, *all* the GFEs can drop. In this one, it's only the ones that have been voted in.

The non-GFE cards that have been voted in are nice, but I don't think that makes up for the worse chance of pulling GFEs.

Yeah, I dunno, I think I already have most of the regular guys there. I mean, I can always use more hero gods...but I can always just do that on their normal godfest rotation

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Yea I will probably drop a roll or two like I always do

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    WTT my three Sun Wukongs for one Kaede

• Options
    AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    So I managed to bag Myr. Revo Ceres so good. NOW. How do I get Deus ex Machina? Hah.

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    I think I will skip this godfest and blow all my stones on the shitty Christmas collab instead.

I'm glad I noticed DC collab has Ganesha skillup fodder guaranteed from intermediate, probably the fastest 12 skillup skill I've ever maxed.

• Options
    Spicy_RevSpicy_Rev Registered User regular
    Yeah, finally max skilled Ganesha. Took a few days.

Also, seeing the odds on the godfest and I would love a pandora. I will definitely pull at least once or twice.

• Options
    Finally beat Zoops Floor 10. Had to stone though because he had a sliver of health and fuuuuuuck that dungeon so hard. Got the stone back + a py so I call that profit.

• Options
    edited December 2016
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    I used a stone on 10 on accident, now I have to kill these chimeras in exactly 3 turns, then cross fingers on Zeus

I didn't
    QJdRVBI.jpg
    So earlier I was all "wow what a neat concept for a challenge dungeon"
    Nevermind fuck this

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    This reminds me a lot of the people who wanted Classic World of Warcraft back, so for one Anniversary event Blizzard scaled up Molten Core to max level and let people have at it.

Then people found out or remembered that the game actually kind of sucked back then and oh God what is this hell.

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    220 stamina of intermediate buttoning, 1 purple gadget, 1 sheen skillup

I hate this dungeon very much

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Ataxrxes wrote: »
    So I managed to bag Myr. Revo Ceres so good. NOW. How do I get Deus ex Machina? Hah.

Hey! Someone who actually tried my advice!

Also Re: Kaede, I was inspired to try a clear of ultimate arena and I made it to floor 20, but I hadn't managed my actives well and so Kali murdered me dead.

Sad times. Guess I should probably try again and commence team building.

• Options
    Alt account is going to roll until silver. Main account won't roll at all.

Any guesses on how long until a silver pops out? My guess is first roll.

• Options
    Yeah probably first roll

steam_sig.png