As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Australia]. Stolen lands often referred to as a country.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    yeah joe makes some good tweets

• Options
    Raw ConcreteRaw Concrete Registered User regular
    Made it into town and checked into the room, pretty wiped out. I'll try to link up with folks tomorrow after picking up my badge. Don't have the WhatsApp or Discord info if you're using those, but I'm sure we can figure out something :)

Oh, come and shake me 'till I'm dry
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Hey

We do use whatsapp for a lot of our organisation, and i think a lot of us are about to split off at the beginning but i'm sure we're going to set up a board game table at some point so you can come along and meet us

• Options
    I’ll keep an eye out here. I went back to the room for a bit, apparently they want ID again for wristbands and I carefully returned my passport to my room after badge pickup.

• Options
    plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    Sigh... wish I was there. One day, when the kids are older.

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    @Raw Concrete if you want to be added to the WhatsApp, DM me your phone number!

• Options
    KincaidKincaid You're standing on my neck KuwaitRegistered User regular
    Full marks for creativity, but that one could actually do some damage.
    I'm deactivating my fb account for a while, please don't do that again.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Sorry nick, you just said no happy birthdays!

• Options
    All good

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    http://www.cracked.com/blog/we-finally-proved-who-best-tmnt-turtle-with-science/

You don't really need to read this as you already know the answer.

Cobalt60 on
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Posting here too, in case I missed anyone in the chat

If we do the group photo today / tomorrow, what time best suits everyone?

• Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    Just leave room for us to shop ourselves in.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Been home since yesterday, and now surrounded by wrapping paper from 6-year-old's birthday party (the primary reason I couldn't change plans to attend PAX this year).

The first week of our Aussie beach holiday featured mostly rain, but my complaints apparently resulted in a visit from the local Australian Customer Satisfaction representative in the form of a Huntsman over the weekend. We didn't exactly see eye-to-eye, but after I put him outside to see the storm for himself the weather just coincidentally improved right after that and we had pretty decent beach weather after that. And gelato.

Still a bit :x I didn't realise I had an opportunity to be there at PAX this year, but I'm sure I'll make it one year sooner or later.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I hear there is an auspax happening right now

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    The ausxpas is coming from inside the house!

• Options
    That explains why there's so many tv screens and cosplayers..

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Have fun, everyone!

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    If you can also shop my mug in, I’d appreciate it- I’m leaving for the airport at 2 and having breakfast with a friend in Altona- I’m staying near Sandringham so I’m trekking across town a bit today and I’m not sure I can make it.

It was great to catch up with some of you guys yesterday, I really enjoyed seeing you. Those I couldn’t say hi to this time round; hope you’ve had a great time and I may be back again in 12 mths. :)

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    At our AirBnB there was a voice-activated Siri AppleTV. My kid wanted to watch one of his favourite model train YouTube channels.

"Jim Zim", he said.

"Jon Zoom" read the AppleTV.

"Jim Zim" tried my mother.

"John Zone" read the Apple TV.

"try it in an Australian accent" suggested my wife.

My mother shrugged, and intoned "Jeeam Zeeam" in her most Queensland accent.

"Jim Zim" read the AppleTV.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    If you can also shop my mug in, I’d appreciate it- I’m leaving for the airport at 2 and having breakfast with a friend in Altona- I’m staying near Sandringham so I’m trekking across town a bit today and I’m not sure I can make it.

It was great to catch up with some of you guys yesterday, I really enjoyed seeing you. Those I couldn’t say hi to this time round; hope you’ve had a great time and I may be back again in 12 mths. :)

Sandy to Altona is definitely a trek. Especially by breakfast time.

I find really funny thst the second station in Altona is called Westona station. Can you guess why?

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

I find really funny thst the second station in Altona is called Westona station. Can you guess why?

Because "West Altona" is more letters and requires a larger sign, and the state railway has fuck-all money?

• Options
    Oh I thought it was at the Westfield.

• Options
    Waiting in the lounge before my flight out. Just like to thank the gang again for being so accommodating to an internet random and letting me share in the things you enjoy @ PAX. You helped make the trip to Melbourne much more meaningful, and certainly a fun time. Hope to see you again sometime, and enjoy more dog pictures.

Safe travels as you all return to your own places and recover from the long weekend. I leave Australia with a history of always being a fascist.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    It was really nice to meet you, @Raw Concrete! Safe journey home.

You missed an inordinate amount of White-on-Black violence during a Ghost vs Django shootout via our Colt Express redux today at Good Games.

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    That's awesome you guys got another session in. Colt Express is some great controlled chaos, and having Blake call the moves adds that certain je ne sais quois that really made it. Even if I did spend most of my game grabbing at thin air :biggrin:

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    hey pimento i tried out some of your suggestions for how to use my stovetop moka (mocca?) coffee pot, with pre-boiling the water, and using a much lower heat and it really does give me a much nicer coffee, so thanks for that

• Options
    Yay! I'm helping!

• Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular

My friend is in remission and the germ factory that is PAX would be a disaster for her. I was also asked by our mutual acquaintance Steven O’Donnell (yes, that Steven O’Donnell that some of you have spied photos of me with, and yes, he is exactly that much of a doofus in reality) to pass on some loot to, so it was good for me to do. It was a highlight of the trip and good to see the real suburban Melb, not just the shiny chrome inner city, rich South East and hipster inner North I’ve come to know over the past.... shit... 3-4 years.

• Options
    Hey Melbourneites. You folks ok?

• Options
    AwkoAwko About to poison the waterhole.Registered User regular
    I'm alright. Had a few coworkers on a tram about to enter that intersection, but they're okay.

• Options
    SorCSorC Registered User regular
    Still in China, so now where near it.

11776-1.png
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I made one of these, but this is like... the only thread that is going to get it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLpp8EFNCWU

Dammit Netflix or whoever, make a new series of round the twist. Even have some of the old cast hang around, no need to reboot it, just have a new family move in to the lighthouse!

plufim on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    ahahahahaha perfection

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    Nobody understands my art
    https://youtu.be/gfyp44bqpw4

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Now do one with the spellbinders theme song

• Options
    OH SHIT

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    plufim wrote: »

Yeah, no, that's definitely a song that's in my head but lacking any context as to what it's from.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    plufim wrote: »

Yeah, no, that's definitely a song that's in my head but lacking any context as to what it's from.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_to_Shore_(TV_series)

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Apropos of the current discussion, I am reminded of this show: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0218753/

Down by the river...

This discussion has been closed.