As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

TITANFALL 2 | The Frontier is Worth Every Part of This Fight! | EA buys Respawn

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    PAF-- Penny Arcade Forums

The main PA one I found was tagged PATF.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    The network I'm in on the PS4 is PA penny arcade mainly because the other penny arcade networks don't have a happy hour I can stay online for.

What I will say is odd is that once you group up, it seems to take you out of the network list.

I've been on most evenings GMT so feel free to add me if that might overlap with anyone else's playtime.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    PAF-- Penny Arcade Forums

The main PA one I found was tagged PATF.

A bunch of different people set up Penny Arcade networks independently. There are about 4-5 different ones. No idea which one is the most active. It would probably be most efficient to have someone do a roster in the OP for the different formats that way people can add each other as friends to make it easier. Then have one Network people default to outside of switching to knock out some happy hour merits and then switching back.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    @squall99x @Redcoat-13 @Hermano

Thanks for the matches today fellas... poor showing on my part, but it was fun as always :biggrin:

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    squall99x Redcoat-13 Hermano

Thanks for the matches today fellas... poor showing on my part, but it was fun as always :biggrin:

There's nothing to worry about here; we still all had fun I'm sure. You can only get better the more you play, which has certainly been the case for me at any rate.

To give an idea of probably how much more I have played than you after hearing the levels of your Titans, I should note that my Tone is Generation 11, level 11, while my Ronin is Generation 6 Level 8.

I'm probably making things tricky when it comes to Bounty because I'm hoovering up grunts; i.e. you'd probably do better points wise if I weren't around tbh.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    Recently bought TitanFall 2 (along with Battlefield 1 on the PS store special). Might be joining a few of you soon. Hopefully you don't mind noobs too much but I usually learn fast.

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    @TychoCelchuuu
    Could you put a list of PS4 players in the OP?

There are too many Ps4 networks, and its very difficult to get a group going.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Is there any such list?

• Options
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »

There's nothing to worry about here; we still all had fun I'm sure. You can only get better the more you play, which has certainly been the case for me at any rate.

To give an idea of probably how much more I have played than you after hearing the levels of your Titans, I should note that my Tone is Generation 11, level 11, while my Ronin is Generation 6 Level 8.

I'm probably making things tricky when it comes to Bounty because I'm hoovering up grunts; i.e. you'd probably do better points wise if I weren't around tbh.

OK, having yet to regen a titan, I don't feel bad any more.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options

I'll try to get one together soon...

Or would it be OK if PS4 players notified you in this thread? Or sent you PM?

My PSN is DouglasDanger

• Options
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »

OK, having yet to regen a titan, I don't feel bad any more.

Yeah. I could probably have one Titan at Gen 11, but I have it spread between about 4 Titans, all at like 4,3 or 2. I think the fact that I generally only play mixtape with you guys probably has something to do with it, as LTS helps give you a big bump with leveling Titans.

Also, a good point about hovering up the grunts and whatnot. We were talking about how deceptively simple Bounty Hunt was a page back but how hard it could be when applying the correct strategy. One of the toughest things to work out, at least with randoms is do I stand at the drop pods constantly running over the enemies to secure the money? Or do I let team mates come in and try to pick off some when they aren't in their Titans so they can get their Titan faster? Or do I split it with them so the extra bounty doesn't get eaten up if I get picked off on the way to the bank and is instead spread across 3 characters for safety. The more I think about Bounty Hunt the more I realize there is a bunch of meta strategy to be applied (even if it isn't necessary most of the time)

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options

I'll try to get one together soon...

Or would it be OK if PS4 players notified you in this thread? Or sent you PM?

My PSN is DouglasDanger

I would suggest making a google docs spreadsheet that people can edit to add their info in. I was going to set one up but for some reason it isn't playing nice with my internet at the moment.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    I don't know what a Google doc is

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    I don't know what a Google doc is
    Do you want me to create a new Google Form for an updated list per platform?

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    Quick and dirty Spreadsheet that people can add their PSN / Gamertag on in order to add each other as friends. Also for normal play time and preferred Network (if you have one, might help us all migrate to one, outside of random happy hour hops). PSN and XBOX are on separate pages, switchable at the bottom.

Penny Arcade Titanfall 2 PSN/Gamertag List

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Double Post, gogo internet.

squall99x on
    oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    I got this for Xmas, and added myself to the Xbone list. I played through the campaign on Hard in about... 6 hours? I beat it on the same day I unwrapped it, anyway, and we watched a lot of Netflix that day as well.

I was less than impressed with the "bond between man and Titan" stuff, though the setpieces were quite impressive.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @squall99x

I'm seeing the google doc as read only fella.

Edit - Read only with a "request to write"

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    @squall99x
    I can't figure out how to edit my name into it
    I'm old?
    I'm only 32, haha

• Options
    I added a "Forum Handle" column Squall... I know it makes life easier for me to figure out who's who.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    I added a "Forum Handle" column Squall... I know it makes life easier for me to figure out who's who.

Cool deal. I thought I had it set to anyone with the link can edit, but computer at work was taking forever to load and probably messed it up. Should be fixed now.

I was thinking about the forum handle on the drive home. You read my mind. You complete me <3

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @squall99x
    I can't figure out how to edit my name into it
    I'm old?
    I'm only 32, haha

Should be fixed to so you can edit/add now. It spazzed out on me earlier and didn't set to be able to edit as I intended.

Also, chance of getting it added to OP? @TychoCelchuuu

EDIT- NM, just saw it was there! Also, feel free to ignore the xbox tab since there is an xbox list already in circulation.

squall99x on
    oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    squall99x wrote: »

Cool deal. I thought I had it set to anyone with the link can edit, but computer at work was taking forever to load and probably messed it up. Should be fixed now.

I was thinking about the forum handle on the drive home. You read my mind. You complete me <3

That psychic bond tho <3

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I don't have any internet service, I am using data until Thursday, I don't have the Google sheets app

:?

Could someone please put me on that Google thing? My preferred network is PAF, I'll play evenings EST, my PSN ID is DouglasDanger.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    Added my id to the PC list, I'm around mostly on weekends or late in the evenings.

bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    Stealth rodeo or whatever it's called is probably the best perk ever.

I stand by my first purchase being "knee plus" though.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Not enough people play bounty hunt on PC. It has to starain to find a match.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    It pops up in mixtape, which is what I play, so that's a partial solution.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Hello, fellow pilots. I just picked this up yesterday for PS4. It seems pretty fun so far. I added my name to the spreadsheet. I look forward to blowing up many titans (probably mostly my own) with you!

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Stealth rodeo or whatever it's called is probably the best perk ever.

I stand by my first purchase being "knee plus" though.

I got just under 600 credits atm and I think I have all the weapons / boosts etc that I use a ton purchased already. It might be time to pick up some of the executions. I'm a fan of the Grand Theft Semi Auto. It's just so...nasty.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    So this may have been a fluke, but someone was using the execution where they use your sidearm on you, but got killed in the process. When I popped out of it unharmed, I only had my anti-titan weapon. I'm wondering if that's a side benefit of that type of execution or if it was a glitch. If it's the former, that's worth investing in. Even if the execution fails, you just screwed over the pilot.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    So this may have been a fluke, but someone was using the execution where they use your sidearm on you, but got killed in the process. When I popped out of it unharmed, I only had my anti-titan weapon. I'm wondering if that's a side benefit of that type of execution or if it was a glitch. If it's the former, that's worth investing in. Even if the execution fails, you just screwed over the pilot.

I know that supposedly that execution is one of the only that supposedly confirms the kill early in the animation. I'm told the target is dead after the first pistol shot, as opposed to some where the whole animation has to complete for the kill to go through.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    I've been saved from executions pretty late in some of the animations. I think it's really cool that that's even a thing that can happen.

Also GTSA and knee plus were just about a coin toss. I just think it's really funny seeing a character as huge as the Cloak popping up into a flying knee, so it won out.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but parties seem broken. Every time I'm in one, I join into the first match with the group but after that I get left in the lobby while the host joins the game alone.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    MegaMek wrote: »
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but parties seem broken. Every time I'm in one, I join into the first match with the group but after that I get left in the lobby while the host joins the game alone.

Is it from the random invites people can do from within a network? I haven't tried them myself but it could be that they only group people together for a single match since its just who pressed triangle first.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Nah, from party invites. It even gives me a popup showing stats about the match the host is in, which seems kinda snarky.

MegaMek on
  • Options
    Nah, from party invites. It even gives me a popup showing stats about the match the host is in, which seems kinda snarky.

So that normally just means that you have to wait as it is still trying to load you in and the leader of your group has already loaded in. Happened earlier tonight with some other guys I was playing with. I was in the match and it took them another good 10-15 seconds to get in probably.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    I've sat through entire matches like this tho.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Yeah the party system is wildly inconsistent in how it works.

We get people left behind semi regularly maybe a few times a week as well as the much more common most people join and then last person sits in a black screen for ages and then joins a minute or so into the match.

• Options
    I've sat through entire matches like this tho.

It might be something to do with the data center that the host is connected to and what your connection to that is like? Maybe if it does get you pulled in during a certain frame it times out. Definitely odd.

oHqYBTXm.jpg