As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

TITANFALL 2 | The Frontier is Worth Every Part of This Fight! | EA buys Respawn

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    I've certainly sat in the lobby while team mates are loading in and are getting their little briefing on the drop ships, but what usually happens is I load in, and I'm sat waiting on the floor and can then start moving once everyone else has hit the ground (i.e. I miss the drop ship bit).

I've never found myself sitting in the lobby once the game has started, nor have I had to sit in the lobby while others played their game.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I've been left in the lobby before

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Got in a couple matches yesterday and hit top overall score in LTS with my Scorch for the first time ever. Most kills and head-and-shoulders above the rest of the team for damage dealt.

Managed to land a pair of traps on two enemy titans in the first round and absolutely melted them. Next round chased a pair of unsuspecting Northstars, who were trying to flank my team and had ran right past me (on Crashsite), then flame cored them when they were both set up into their sniping positions at the top of the hill from the spawn inside the ship....They appeared startled. :biggrin:

I also managed to hide in that crashed ship section in the middle of the map and flame shield the top off an enemy Legion. He appeared super confused as to where the damage was coming from. Two traps underneath and a flame shield above, I imagine all he could see was damage indicators on his screen.

I just with Scorch had a bit more range on those flame traps.

I guess the point I'm getting at is I like Scorch a lot.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    I guess the point I'm getting at is I like Scorch a lot.
    Definitely a lot of love for Scorch. He fits my play style very well.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Just wanted to note, because I have seen a bunch of people say you should pretty much always use the extra dash kit. Taking the extra dash makes your dashes refill slower. I'd recommend dash for Legion and Scorch, but I don't feel like it is as much a lock for the other.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    It's infuriating how low the playerbase is for this game, because I really like it but it feels like it's dying out soon again.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    squall99x wrote: »
    Just wanted to note, because I have seen a bunch of people say you should pretty much always use the extra dash kit. Taking the extra dash makes your dashes refill slower. I'd recommend dash for Legion and Scorch, but I don't feel like it is as much a lock for the other.

You don't take for Ronin as it lowers his mobility when he sword cores.

As a personal preference I like having that second dash on Tone.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    MrVyngaard wrote: »
    It's infuriating how low the playerbase is for this game, because I really like it but it feels like it's dying out soon again.

We can always hope that the devs will stop dividing the playerbase with so many superfluous modes. Cross-play is a pipe dream, but that'd be great too.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    @Farangu sorry dude, you keep inviting right as I'm getting ready to log off for the night :(

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    squall99x wrote: »

Dash is my go to on Scorch. There's a lot of times where I come around a corner and it's just a bunch of NOPE... Then I dash back to cover and see the volley of death fly past. Scorch and Legion are so slow that the enemy can shave a ton of health if you get caught out like that while you lumber back to safety.

It's also useful if you catch someone with flameshield and they try to get away. You can dash back in to keep them pinned.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Dashes on Ogre and Atlas titans are fine, it's the Stryder chassis titans(Ronin and Northstar) that get slower recharging dashes if you go for the extra

But you can see it as a tradeoff, less overall speed for the ability to get the fuck out of a situation

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    I should note that with Ronin when you are getting rodeo'd, if you phase shift when the battery is taken out, you avoid the damage taken from losing the battery. However, the pilot still has a battery, so you can then kill him and actually end up with more health.

I did this last night in fact, and felt incredibly smug for about 10 seconds, but then when I was getting back in my Titan, someone landed a Scorch on top of me.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    I should note that with Ronin when you are getting rodeo'd, if you phase shift when the battery is taken out, you avoid the damage taken from losing the battery. However, the pilot still has a battery, so you can then kill him and actually end up with more health.

I did this last night in fact, and felt incredibly smug for about 10 seconds, but then when I was getting back in my Titan, someone landed a Scorch on top of me.

Super satisfying to do, I haven't got the timing down to do it consistently though.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Last night was fun, PS4 peeps

Although my competency with Ion was a bit surprising even to me

I'm also able to regenerate now

Can I buy things before I regenerate? They unlocked by leveling up before I had enough credits to unlock them that way.

I need that silent rodeo kit!

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular

Can I buy things before I regenerate? They unlocked by leveling up before I had enough credits to unlock them that way.

You can buy them after you regenerate. You keep your credits.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options

They will be available to purchase again after your regen. Once you level past something you can't "buy" it till next time you regen since its technically unlocked for you until you do that.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    Nice

I wasn't sure what happened to my credits when I regenerated the first time

• Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    Oh, so if you buy upgrades with credits you get to keep those through regens? That's why some are so expensive.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    MegaMek wrote: »
    Oh, so if you buy upgrades with credits you get to keep those through regens? That's why some are so expensive.

Yea anything you buy is unlocked permanently. I'm to the point now where everything i actually use is permanently unlocked, so I'm buying silly stuff like executions and factions.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Correct.

So buy things that are unlocked later rather than sooner if you're scraping for creds

Titans are all cheap tho so definitely unlock whichever is your preference

I did hemlock/archer/phase dash(though, in reverse order) for my first set of purchases.

• Options
    MegaMek wrote: »

Yep. I think its funny that the most expensive upgrades (from memory) are the grenades. I'd argue that they have the least effect on the game on a match by match basis than the other options, but they are all like 225 (?) credits each. The good news is that if you are playing enough that you are regenerating fairly regularly you will have more than enough credits to unlock your top load out or two.

I'm Gen 5, now I believe and I have all the ARs unlocked except one, all the SMGs unlocked except one, all anti titan weapons, all grenadier weapons except one and all pistols, most of the pilot skills, a few of the boosts etc. It adds up pretty quickly.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    I'm about to be gen 3

I really appreciate the silent rodeo kit

But I don't remember if I unlocked my new favorite gun, the alternator

The car is good enough to fill in for it

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    The alternator unlocks pretty early either way

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    I don't even know what to do with my credits anymore. I have unlocked everything that I typically use. I'm halfway through Gen 8 with around 500 credits and don't know what to do with them.

• Options
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    I don't even know what to do with my credits anymore. I have unlocked everything that I typically use. I'm halfway through Gen 8 with around 500 credits and don't know what to do with them.

Buy all the camo

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Yeah, aside from the Factions and the stuff I use regularly I haven't bothered much with spending my credits. I think I bought the Grand Theft Auto execution because killing someone with their own gun is badass.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    Kestrel1Kestrel1 falco sparverius Noblesville, INRegistered User regular
    Dang, my supply of 2XP codes from my Mountain Dew drinking co-workers finally dried up. I'm back to only getting 7-8 minimum merits per Happy Hour bounty hunt match versus the 14-16 I was getting.

I guess from gen 4.29 on, it's all up to me and not the diabetes.

Kestrel1.png
    Mixer: Kestrel1 | Twitch: KestrelTV
  • Options
    Le_Goat wrote: »

Buy all the camo
    Every time I do, I unlock a cooler camo. Meh, this is a first world problem

• Options
    I just want that purple paintjob for my Scorch.

Also the Here Kitty Kitty grin

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Everything purple all the time is the way I roll.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    I just want that purple paintjob for my Scorch.

Also the Here Kitty Kitty grin

I'm a big fan of the Splinter Contrast. But I believe it's only available in from an advocate gift.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Thanks for the games @DouglasDanger

Had to call it a night there since it's 2:15am here.

That last game in particular was really good, coming back from a pretty sizeable deficit in Bounty Hunt.

Also had a really awesome kill in that game that I completely forgot to record after. Had just managed to kill a few people in succession and amassed a decent total of Bounty to upload to the bank. Running towards the bank and see an enemy pilot just reaching it as well, launch my Pulse Blade in their general direction by instinct and connected for the kill.

Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Played this a couple of times online tonight for the first time. I... have no idea what I'm doing once titans start coming down really. I mean, I managed to steal some batteries and such.

Before hand I am kind of doing decent. Wiped out the entire enemy team at the beginning of my third match.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    Iblis wrote: »
    Played this a couple of times online tonight for the first time. I... have no idea what I'm doing once titans start coming down really. I mean, I managed to steal some batteries and such.

Before hand I am kind of doing decent. Wiped out the entire enemy team at the beginning of my third match.

Jump in with some PA peeps. It makes the game way better and there's a ton of stuff that they/we will be able to tell and show you that you'll have to learn the hard way otherwise.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Holy shit this game is fucking fantastic. I have not stopped playing it (except for work, family, and sleep) since I bought it on Monday.

And I normally don't give a fat flying shit about online fps games!

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    It's incredibly sad that the community is so small. Only 6000 people online right now on ps4 on a Friday night? Supremely disappointed.

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    It's incredibly sad that the community is so small. Only 6000 people online right now on ps4 on a Friday night? Supremely disappointed.

As of about 12:30am est, I see about 20,500 playing on PS4. I know some other places it shows how many are on your data center or in your match mode though. That may be lower.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Iblis wrote: »

Jump in with some PA peeps. It makes the game way better and there's a ton of stuff that they/we will be able to tell and show you that you'll have to learn the hard way otherwise.

I'll have to try and hop on with some PA folks tomorrow. Just kind of wanted to see how the game played at first.

My first multiplayer titan drop was hilarious. I used it inside a building, then saw it dropping down outside on the other side of the map. Whoops!

I... Eventually found it.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    You should see PC, around 9k high at the busiest times!

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    I don't have any problems finding games on PS4

I do worry a bit about the longevity of this game though