As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

TITANFALL 2 | The Frontier is Worth Every Part of This Fight! | EA buys Respawn

• Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    Khraul wrote: »
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    What about punching? I like punching things, especially Stalkers. I hate those things.

I feel like Brick in the Bunkers and Badasses expansion of Borderlands 2: "PUNCH HIM IN THE FACE!"

I got in a couple of matches last night for the first time in ages and I didn't notice taking damage from stomping stalkers.... Not sure.

Also, after not playing for a month I've gone from routinely top three overall to bottom of the heap pretty rapidly.

I'd also love if I could consistently execute enemy players... I just seem to melee them from behind more often than not and I still haven't unlocked a single one of the new executions. (Is a ping-knife hit an instant kill?)

To be fair, that's 2 maps you probably don't know that well (I'm only starting to get that knack of Relic -and map knowledge is really important).

Monarch is brutal (I'd not be surprised to see some kind of nerf) while Ion got hit too hard but it has meant you know see more Legions (I've gone up almost 8 generations; mainly I prey on Monarchs). I've hardly seen Tone anymore while Scorch seems to have disappeared (my guy says this is down to monarch).

I don't know if it is worth mentioning but you need to hold down the melee to execute from behind; maybe there could be a toggle that if you melee in the back it would carry out the execute animation because I do think it is slightly tricky as things stand.

I pretty much exclusively play Scorch on most maps. I find he's more anti-pilot then anti-titan

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I really should hop back into TF2. It came out during a single player storm and I never got to put as much time into it as I wanted.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    I'd love to say it was new maps lol

There were original maps... I'm just out of practice :lol:
    I'm right there with you. My son likes me to play TF2 while he's eating dinner. He gets into it and cheers me on; he also demands I get on the roofs, despite the insanely low TTK when I'm up there. The other day, I played for the first time in a while and he looked at me quizzically and said "I thought you were good at this." Thanks, bud... rub it in.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Campy wrote: »
    What about punching? I like punching things, especially Stalkers. I hate those things.

I feel like Brick in the Bunkers and Badasses expansion of Borderlands 2: "PUNCH HIM IN THE FACE!"

I got in a couple of matches last night for the first time in ages and I didn't notice taking damage from stomping stalkers.... Not sure.

Also, after not playing for a month I've gone from routinely top three overall to bottom of the heap pretty rapidly.

I'd also love if I could consistently execute enemy players... I just seem to melee them from behind more often than not and I still haven't unlocked a single one of the new executions. (Is a ping-knife hit an instant kill?)

To be fair, that's 2 maps you probably don't know that well (I'm only starting to get that knack of Relic -and map knowledge is really important).

Monarch is brutal (I'd not be surprised to see some kind of nerf) while Ion got hit too hard but it has meant you know see more Legions (I've gone up almost 8 generations; mainly I prey on Monarchs). I've hardly seen Tone anymore while Scorch seems to have disappeared (my guy says this is down to monarch).

I don't know if it is worth mentioning but you need to hold down the melee to execute from behind; maybe there could be a toggle that if you melee in the back it would carry out the execute animation because I do think it is slightly tricky as things stand.

Haven't played in a while, but I keep up with the thread. What did they do to my precious Ion?!

The hold down for execute is a new thing right? I like that change if it's in there. So many times an unwanted execution animation goes off and I'm subsequently shot in the face by someone's buddy when I should have had a tasty double kill.

You can only get one laser charge off rather than 2, and it doesn't hit as hard either is what I believe has happened.

Wow, that is indeed a pretty big nerf!

• Options

Haven't played in a while, but I keep up with the thread. What did they do to my precious Ion?!

The hold down for execute is a new thing right? I like that change if it's in there. So many times an unwanted execution animation goes off and I'm subsequently shot in the face by someone's buddy when I should have had a tasty double kill.

You can only get one laser charge off rather than 2, and it doesn't hit as hard either is what I believe has happened.

Wow, that is indeed a pretty big nerf!
    Well, that laser was pretty god damn OP at launch. I totally see why people loved it, but a nerf was needed.

• Options
    Kestrel1Kestrel1 falco sparverius Noblesville, INRegistered User regular
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Finally!

• Options
    edited July 2017
    soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited

That is everything I've wanted from this game.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Hello Rise, my old friend

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    Hello Rise, my old friend
    Yeah, it was a fantastic map.

• Options
    When this comes out, any of your Xbone folks want to team up?

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I'd be up for some Frontier Defense.

• Options
    Holy fuck that trailer just gave me all the boners.

Rise!

Coop!

Coop!

Rise!

• Options
    kriegskriegs Registered User regular
    Fffffuuuuccccckkk yyyyyyeeeeeeessssssss!

• Options
    Patch is set to be released on July 25th. I swear to the gods... if the kids fully shut down the Xbox during the day so that the update can't go through, no desert for them... and I shall shake my fist sternly so they know that I am displeased.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Yeeeeeeeeees I've been waiting for this.

Now to attempt to wrangle some friends into actually buying TF2.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Is it bad that when I see "TF2," I still think "Team Fortress 2?"

• Options
    Oh my days Rise is going to be so silly with grapple.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I haven't given this title the love it rightly deserves.

Coop will change that.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    If at some point there isn't a special mode with infinite grapple, a map with massive objects hanging from the ceiling and THE FLOOR IS LAVA I am going to be very angry.

• Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    EDIT: sorry wrong thread. Looking forward to horde mode!

envoy1 on
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    If at some point there isn't a special mode with infinite grapple, a map with massive objects hanging from the ceiling and THE FLOOR IS LAVA I am going to be very angry.

Grapple is so good why can't we use that in the campaign.

Almost any of the abilties would be better than Camo.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    FYI for those that don't have this yet it's 50% on Origin. I got it at release for PS4 but now I have a stupid powerful gaming PC so I bought it again.

Feels good to go through the campaign again.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular

I'll need to try it out. It took a while, but for me Titanfall 2 eventually became as rage-inducing to me as the original game ("You call this attrition? So why the fuck have I run into 4 pilots and 1 fucking AI grunt?" is not an exaggeration). Co-op horde mode remedy that, and I have to imagine enemy AI would be a little more varied and interesting to play against than in the first game.

• Options
    The patch notes for the new horde mode just dropped, alongside the balance changes

Ogre class titans(Scorch and Legion) get a baseline dash, but it recharges half as fast as the Atlas class titans. The dash perk reduces the dash recharge rate to the Atlas levels

Scorch got a bunch of buffs to his kits, the exciting one being Tempered Plating making you immune to your own thermite and removes your crit points

SMG class guns have universally reduced damage at medium and long ranges, as they should have had a long time ago

Lots of sidearms had their damage reduced a little, we will have to see if the Wingman Elite and Mozambique are still amazing

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    I'm glad to see the Ogre get the dash as base as it was pretty much essential although I see myself going for the option to get a 5 sec cool down rather than a 10 sec one.

Phase dash got changed to what was evidently being tested in that increased TTK mode; speaking as someone who uses that predominantly, I've not got a problem with that as the 2 current shifts, you didn't really have long to reposition.

Slight Ronin nerf and Legion which seem reasonable; not going to complain about the SMG nerf as their current range is rather silly.

I'm glad the slow from monarch has been nerfed a bit; it felt a bit much tbh.

Very much looking forward to the horde mode.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    Phase dash getting one charge was a long time coming, but it could use another second or two to the duration

you get ONE(1) get out of harm free card, and then you gotta deal with the bed you made

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    ....I want to call in sick tomorrow so I can play this all day tomorrow

• Options
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    Phase dash getting one charge was a long time coming, but it could use another second or two to the duration

you get ONE(1) get out of harm free card, and then you gotta deal with the bed you made

I think that's what happening as well as a quicker recharge rate but bigger bar to fill.

Honestly I normally had to use them both in one go as the current one shift hardly lasts at all.

One shift with its current time is fairly easy to predict tbh.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    It's super fun, you guys.

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    Horde mode seems pretty rad from my couple quick rounds. Looking forward to finding into it this weekend for that sweet double xp.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Oh, I missed this. Even Easy was a trial when I did my first game. I'm going that the difference between difficulties is numbers and not bullet sponges.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Okay, finally able to play. Any Xboners want to join forces, hit me up: le goat

• Options
    I may or may not need a new pair of undies. This shit is sweeeeeeet.

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    Of immediate concern is the fact that I have never been matched into a game earlier than round 4. Getting kinda frustrating.

• Options
    After getting the quick charge Northstar railgun and running exclusively piercing rounds, Legion is going to be insane with piercing rounds holy shit

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Yes, this mode is a lot of fun. Each map tends to be rather unique in terms of the forces it throws at you in addition to how they attack. For instance, Forward Base Kodai has lots of units toss smoke (I found myself wanting the thermal site for this map).

Managed to see Forward Base Kodai, Blackwater Gulch, War Games and Rise; all a bunch of fun. Easy I found to be quite relaxing tbh, while Medium required me to be a bit more on my toes.

Had a hilarious game with @Hermano on Rise, where our 2 team mates (they had the same clan tag) constantly died. It was not unusual to see a Nuke Titan blow up, followed by a notification that we were down at least one pilot. But explosions were not the only things to kill them; getting punched to death by Grunts or pushing really far up the map, or trying to take on 3+ Titans on their own in pilot form were other common causes of death.

They seemed to have an aversion to fighting near the traps and gun turrets.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Yeah I like this mode a lot, I was impressed by the maps all playing out quite differently, and Scorch was useful and fun finally!

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    After fooling around with different Titans, I hyper focused on getting one to Aegis level 5 so I could try Hard mode. I found Hard to be significantly more difficult than the jump from Easy to Normal. I'm not complaining, as it made the mode more challenging. The only reason I would drop down to Normal again would be to level a Titan class up to 5, because you really do need that second upgrade if you're going to have a shot at beating Hard.

Totally love this mode. In fact, when I finally peeled my eyes off of the screen and looked at the clock, it was 2:00 am and I had to be up in 4 hours. Oops, but totally worth it.

• Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    This is so much fun. I think the best thought out and executed horde mode I've experienced. Still struggling on easy but it isn't a chore at all, even to lose.

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho