As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

TITANFALL 2 | The Frontier is Worth Every Part of This Fight! | EA buys Respawn

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Syzygy wrote: »
    Is the PC crowd for this game dead or is it just me? Haven't had the opportunity to sit down with this game since last December aaaaaaaaand I'm just sitting in Queue for maybe 5 minutes with nothing happening.

Check your data center

(I don't know about PC, I play on PS4)

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    I was playing regularly on pc up until about a week ago and was having no problems finding matches, at least for the popular game types. I play from the uk

• Options
    SyzygySyzygy Registered User regular
    I have a data center? Where would I look for that?

• Options
    Ladies and gents, the power of the bunny hop. Mild level spoilers for single player.

https://streamable.com/jrlca

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Syzygy wrote: »
    I have a data center? Where would I look for that?
    Main menu - press ... well on Xbox One it's X, but there is a tooltip on the main screen for you to change the data center.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Respawn put out a little update today with some future plans for content

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/titanfall/titanfall-2/news/frontier-news-network-13

WE GETTING A NEW TITAN

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Kestrel1Kestrel1 falco sparverius Noblesville, INRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Maybe we'll get a multiplayer version of the Vanguard (aka BT)?

I kinda wish they'd bring back the chaingun from the first Titanfall. Something low-medium damage but high accuracy and a decent fire rate.

If the trend keeps up, one of the new maps will likely be a remake. Hopefully they remake Fracture. I'd take an Outpost 207 or Smuggler's Cove as well.

Kestrel1 on
    Kestrel1.png
    Mixer: Kestrel1 | Twitch: KestrelTV
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Kestrel1 wrote: »
    Maybe we'll get a multiplayer version of the Vanguard (aka BT)?

I kinda wish they'd bring back the chaingun from the first Titanfall. Something low-medium damage but high accuracy and a decent fire rate.

If the trend keeps up, one of the new maps will likely be a remake. Hopefully they remake Fracture. I'd take an Outpost 207 or Smuggler's Cove as well.

The Brute loadout from single player is missing; Quad Rocket launcher, multi-target missle system (hold down to lock-on to targets), vortex shield, V-tol (so I guess this would be on a Northstar body). That would be my guess as to what the new Titan would be.

Having played a bit more, I'm not sure how I feel about Colony design wise; it doesn't really have that many distinguishing features, so it's very easy to lose all sense of direction (all the other maps have a distinctive feel when you see which side you initially spawn from).

I wouldn't mind seeing a new map which had the same aesthetic as end game spoiler
    i.e. on a big battleship in a the sky

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    I think the vanguard loadout with the VTOL would be good

You know, the quad rocket launcher, and i guess a shield?

I don't know how you would differentiate it from tone though

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    New map looks dope. And a new live fire map I guess. And a new cool execution. April 25th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKiuY3Ocwzo&feature=youtu.be

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Awesome; very much looking for to getting a chance to wall running all over that map.

Honestly TF2 has to be one of my favourite fps games I've ever played; happy to pay for skins et al. to show my support for it.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    I still want a game mode for:
    that massive Titan assault on the wall. That was my favorite part by far and I'm aching to see something like that in MP, even if it's 8 friendly Titans vs. AI.

• Options
    At some point there will definitely be coop. Hopefully it's bigger and better than TF1 (which was still really good!).

Did someone post here about the levelling up someone found in the game files for single player, or did I read that elsewhere?

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    I still want a game mode for:
    that massive Titan assault on the wall. That was my favorite part by far and I'm aching to see something like that in MP, even if it's 8 friendly Titans vs. AI.

Give us a Battlefield Assault style mode where you spawn in your titan and the attacking team has to break lines and defenses to reach a defense core. 2 rounds. Fastest assault wins if there is a tie.
    Throw in lots of AI and some of those automated guns on the walls to make the battle seem larger and chaotic.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    I'm still waiting for the return of Frontier Defense.

I will always wait.

NB8jOeR.png

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Finished the story. Das a good campaign​ right there.
    I choose to believe some form of BT survived via Jack's helmet. But then they mentioned wiping all trace of his link so he could bond with a new Titan, so I guess he really is gone. Wah.

The section where you pull the survival kit and BT's hard drive out was kinda funny, cause the smart pistol was far and away the most powerful weapon in the game by virtue of it automatically headshotting every enemy instantly. Why wouldn't you just forego Titans and equip everyone with one of those!? I guess it's powered perhaps by BT's hard drive, and wielding one means your Titan is outta commission?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Finished the story. Das a good campaign​ right there.
    I choose to believe some form of BT survived via Jack's helmet. But then they mentioned wiping all trace of his link so he could bond with a new Titan, so I guess he really is gone. Wah.

The section where you pull the survival kit and BT's hard drive out was kinda funny, cause the smart pistol was far and away the most powerful weapon in the game by virtue of it automatically headshotting every enemy instantly. Why wouldn't you just forego Titans and equip everyone with one of those!? I guess it's powered perhaps by BT's hard drive, and wielding one means your Titan is outta commission?
    Did you watch the after-credits scene? The lights on the helmet are blinking in morse-code.
    It spells out
    Jack?

• Options
    So patch hit last night, and now you get a different load-up screen, in addition to linking some videos (a nice touch in my opinion, although nobody can do that Kraber stuff on a console, which actually makes me rather thankful).

I got 2 games in on the new map; unfortunately they were Live Fire and Last Titan Standing, which aren't the best modes for exploring. From those 2 games though, I reckon as a pilot you could spend most your time wall-running and only hit the floor when you're killed (I'm obviously going to have to work on being able to kill people while wall running).

Early days and all, but I'm more optimistic about this map than the previous one mainly because this new one has a flow with easily identifiable features.

Oh and I got to regen to 11 as well.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    Oh hey a new map! Seems pretty fun on first blush. Lots of good wall running lines.

• Options
    Is this a new NEW map, or a re-hash? I'm fine either way, but I'm curious. I've been playing a ton of Diablo 3 lately, so TF2 hasn't been fired up in a bit.

• Options
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    Is this a new NEW map, or a re-hash? I'm fine either way, but I'm curious. I've been playing a ton of Diablo 3 lately, so TF2 hasn't been fired up in a bit.

It shares a bunch of similarities with regards to TF2's tutorial level so I strongly suspect that it is a new map.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    There's a new live fire map also called Deck. Seems like a solid one, with a big building in the middle so you're a little less likely to get randomly killed by a spawn grenade at the beginning of the round. I kinda feel like they should have released that map with a double XP live fire playlist, because man no one is playing live fire.

• Options
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    There's a new live fire map also called Deck. Seems like a solid one, with a big building in the middle so you're a little less likely to get randomly killed by a spawn grenade at the beginning of the round. I kinda feel like they should have released that map with a double XP live fire playlist, because man no one is playing live fire.
    I have to ask: is it anything similar to Deck 17 from the original Unreal? Maybe a tip of the cap? Chances are no, but I had to ask.

• Options
    No, that would have been real awesome though.

• Options

Glitch getting the top billing over Deck isn't really a surprise, but I reckon you'll see Live Fire next week as the double XP.

I only noticed last night that there is a new faction; I ranked them up a bit, but I never realised how much I've ended up relying on the faction comments that happen throughout the game.

Since roboman never actually utters any words, I'd actually say he had a detrimental effect when playing Bounty; as silly as it sounds, I consistently missed banking money.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »

Glitch getting the top billing over Deck isn't really a surprise, but I reckon you'll see Live Fire next week as the double XP.

I only noticed last night that there is a new faction; I ranked them up a bit, but I never realised how much I've ended up relying on the faction comments that happen throughout the game.

Since roboman never actually utters any words, I'd actually say he had a detrimental effect when playing Bounty; as silly as it sounds, I consistently missed banking money.

The subtitles translate him. Also, I found his sounds incredibly annoying.

• Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »

The subtitles translate him. Also, I found his sounds incredibly annoying.

Hmm, I might have turned those off.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    I guess there was a patch too...

https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/12003/a-glitch-in-the-frontier-the-patch-notes
    Titanfall 2 Forums
    Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.
    A Glitch in the Frontier: The Patch Notes

Jayfresh_RespawnJayfresh_Respawn
    April 25 edited April 25 in Game Updates
    NEW CONTENT
    New Map: Glitch
    New Live Fire Map: Deck
    New Faction: M.R.V.N.
    New Execution: Get to the Point [Pulse Blade]: Unlocks after getting 10 Pilot kills with the Pulse Blade. If you have already achieved the 10 kills it will unlock retroactively
    New Featured Modes [we’ll be introducing these at different times in the near future]
    Glitch 24/7: Get a feel for the new map by playing a variety of modes on just the Glitch map
    Marked for Death: 6v6. One member of each team is Marked as targets and both teams must defend their target while trying to kill the other team’s target. Once one of the marked players are killed, the surviving Mark’s team is rewarded a point. After a few seconds, new Marks are chosen. First team to 10 kills wins.
    Titan Brawl: Think of this as Team Deathmatch with just Titans. 5v5 mode with Titans only [no ejecting] and respawning. Each kill counts for 1 point and first team to 30 points wins.
    Iron Last Titan Standing: It's the Last Titan Standing you know and love with a few new rules. 5v5 with no ejecting and no batteries.

NEW FEATURES
    Main Menu Update: We dressed things up a bit with new background videos, updates, and tiles with rad stuff we think you should check out
    Increase Pilot Gen to 100
    Added Live Fire mode to Private Match options
    You can now choose between regular, Prime, or random for executions for Titans if you own the Prime Titan

MATCHMAKING AND NETWORK IMPROVEMENTS
    Game will now emit a sound when it is going to connect you to a match. Our PC brethren will want to make sure to set Settings > Audio > Sound In Background to On to hear game sounds when the game is not focused. This is for all audio, including the matchmade sound
    Fixes to address parties occasionally getting split up
    Players that join late to a party making it too large for the current playlist will now cancel matchmaking
    Fixed issue where you could not invite friends after starting a private match

GAME IMPROVEMENTS
    The game will now remember Multiplayer as last played in Main Menu - no more accidentally selecting Single Player!
    Removed sun flare for maps Colony, Exoplanet, Forwardbase Kodai
    Gates, the 6/4 Faction Leader, now uses the campaign model

TITAN BALANCE

General
    Titan Melee - Reduced area of effect for all Titans except Ronin

Ronin
    Fixed a bug with Sword Block not always blocking the intended amount of incoming damage

Ion
    Small reduction in Laser Shot’s cone angle

PILOT BALANCE
    Arc Grenades
    Arc Grenades now have only 1 charge
    Arc Grenades recharge faster

Holopilot
    Holopilots can now walk through the Amped Wall
    Holopilots can now crouch walk

Mastiff
    Made crosshair smaller so if you have a bead on an enemy you’ll more likely to deal high damage
    Projectile width will increase quicker to improve consistency of damage in close quarters

EVA
    Now need to be closer to deal max damage
    Slightly Increased spread to compensate

Devotion
    Reduced the near and very far damage of the Amped Devotion

Charge Rifle
    Small increase to its base damage

Archer
    Reduced missile tracking speed. It will still continue to track targets, but not to the extreme amount it has been since the last patch

Crosshairs
    Crosshair dots no longer turn off when firing all assault rifles and SMGs
    Fixed issue with the R101 where the reticle would disappear while cloaked

• Options
    I have always hated how Continue for campaign was the default option. Even after months of playing, I would hit A as soon as the game loaded and have to wait for the campaign to load for me to quit, then join MP. I'm happy about this.

100 Gen pilot is great, because I've been maxed for a while now. I know it doesn't do a lot, but I enjoy filling that XP bar.

I'm glad they reduced the Titan melee radius, because it seemed broken at times to me, and it makes Ronin's sword even more valuable.

• Options
    Decent set of changes there. The single arc grenade is a pretty big deal. I run it on every single one of my builds since it's such a powerful tool. Means less spamming of it which seem fair enough.

• Options
    The arc grenade change is the only one I noticed having much of an impact

• Options
    The EVA felt a lot weaker in the 2 or 3 games I played with it.
    Of course, I'm also just pretty bad at this, so that's probably also a factor.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Okay, Titan Brawl is an absolute blast.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Okay, Titan Brawl is an absolute blast.
    Ooooo... just looked that up. Seems like my kind of partaaaay. I'm going to have to jump back into TF2 a bit.

• Options
    Marvin just making robotic birb noises is kinda great

• Options
    edited May 2017
    http://www.respawn.com/frontier-news-network-05-23-2017-monarch-reigns

NEW TITAN COMES OUT ON THE 30TH
    Along with:
    • New map, Relic
    • New Execution, Now You See Me (cloak-based)
    • New Prime Titans: Ronin and Tone
    • New nose arts, camos, and callsigns to buy
    • Titan Brawl returns
    • Double XP in all modes
    • Crashsite updates to make it less shit
    • Balance change testing as a featured playlist

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Need to get back into this before Destiny 2. There's just too many games demanding of my time with Injustice, Overwatch events, Destiny raids, etc. I fear by the time I get to really play this everyone left will be insanely good.

• Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    http://www.respawn.com/frontier-news-network-05-23-2017-monarch-reigns

NEW TITAN COMES OUT ON THE 30TH
    Along with:
    • New map, Relic
    • New Execution, Now You See Me (cloak-based)
    • New Prime Titans: Ronin and Tone
    • New nose arts, camos, and callsigns to buy
    • Titan Brawl returns
    • Double XP in all modes
    • Crashsite updates to make it less shit; they added ziplines!
    • Balance change testing as a featured playlist

All very rad. Ronin and Tone are by far my most played Titans, so I'll be snapping up this new content very quickly.
    Need to get back into this before Destiny 2. There's just too many games demanding of my time with Injustice, Overwatch events, Destiny raids, etc. I fear by the time I get to really play this everyone left will be insanely good.

On the PS4 at any rate, I seem to get into games absolutely fine; in fact the waiting time is generally shorter than the waiting time I've faced trying to get into some Overwatch games.

I will say there is a slight problem with leavers when it comes to Bounty Hunt; it is not uncommon to find myself zoning into a Bounty Hunt game where my side is horrifically far behind, but since the loss generally doesn't count towards my stats, it's hard to get upset by such a thing.

I don't understand why people leave after the first or second round of Bounty Hunt if they've gone poorly. You can easily make up those points purely from Round 3 (one game I zoned into, my team was about 2k behind, and I managed to make a huge dent in that lead by just going around and farming mobs with Ronin. In fact, I think my team managed to win that game in the end).

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    How in the hell are they going to fix crash site?

It's one of the better maps for staying mobile and off the floor, but the spawns and choke points are awful

• Options
    How in the hell are they going to fix crash site?

It's one of the better maps for staying mobile and off the floor, but the spawns and choke points are awful

The notes say that they're fixing some of the terrain that would just randomly stop you / kill your momentum.

I imagine some of the ziplines will help the bits of the map you can't wall run as easily (say the large hill leading up from the crashed ship where one of the bounty banks is).

That said, it isn't going to stop Ronin playing the part of the Cleaners from Labyrinth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIDUGZpaSHo

PSN Fleety2009