As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

apologies in advance [chat]

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    i like 2016. 2016 is a good year

Is today opposite day

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Shit. I just realized that if I ever run for office, someone is going to dredge up my old comics. I'd have to concede the race in disgrace.

2016 disproves this.

Well, you'd be able to stay in the race, and win, provided you're a monstrous shit of a human being whose closed eyes look like little versions of your mouth.

sig.gif
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    skippydumptruck

https://theawl.com/i-dont-read-the-news-anymore-and-it-s-great-aab6d78b1e85#.e85gaf6vs

also why i feel like a balance is important again

the balance of informed and sane and ignorant is tough of course

"TL DR"

I stopped reading the news a couple years ago and it slightly improved my mood, but social media (even if you are not on facebook or twitter, which I am not) ends up giving you a shitton of news anyway.

I talked to my dad last night and he hasn't engaged with the news since last month. "I just keep the radio on classical music. Like in the Soviet Union, after someone died."

Then we had a depressing discussion about what does our field of work even mean if we're 'going to be sharing a common currency with Russia', because not engaging with the news doesn't fully protect you, really, from all the bad feels.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Saying 2016 is a good year,however, is borderline offensive

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    @skippydumptruck

https://theawl.com/i-dont-read-the-news-anymore-and-it-s-great-aab6d78b1e85#.e85gaf6vs

@TL DR

so this cheeky article works from the presumption that being aware of what's going on via the news has some impact on something

and the point of what I posted earlier, I think, is that it doesn't

so if you want to do something, do it

but wallowing in information 'feels' like you're doing something -- I'm so mad about X cabinet appointment! -- but it's not, and it makes you miserable

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Ludious wrote: »
    I'm kinda over the 2016 hate. Oh it sucks. Feel free to say how much. 2017 is gonna make this look like a blowjob factory.

A blowjob factory would be horrible

Imagine the defects

"This factory is great! Unlike our competitors, only 2% of the blowjobs manufactured here result in irreparable genital mutilation!"

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    So the song establishes that Santa:

-Sees you when you're sleeping
    -Knows when you're awake
    -Knows when you've been bad or good

There's no mention of him monitoring you while awake, where you actually perform nice or naughty acts. Therefore we are forced to assume he just knows if you've been bad or good. He also simply knows when you're awake, so he also knows when you're asleep. Conclusion?

Santa watches you sleep because he likes to.

https://youtu.be/PSoOFn3wQV4

Watch you when you are sleeping... you belong to me...

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    You guys can get in the colony when you agree to lobotomies

Won't you need a russian translator for your apocalytic near future though...who else in chat is russko-govaryashchii?

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    I'm kinda over the 2016 hate. Oh it sucks. Feel free to say how much. 2017 is gonna make this look like a blowjob factory.

Yeah but if you get shot you don't say "Oh man, that period of time when I was trying to stem the bleeding really sucked." We're in the period of time when we're rolling down an icy mountain road just after we realize someone cut the brakes

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Houn wrote: »
    Shit. I just realized that if I ever run for office, someone is going to dredge up my old comics. I'd have to concede the race in disgrace.

Man, I've been on the internet since the late 90s. I'm completely unqualified for public office.

Houn for President 2020

Most of the worst of what I've posted would let me at worst run as a GOP candidate.

So I've got that going for me.
    Bowen for the Green Party.

Slogan: Better than Jill Stein.

• Options
    edited December 2016
    2016 was when I realized my vision of America was horribly wrong and also dead and not coming back anytime soon

So I think I'll remember it for a while

So It Goes on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

-Knows when you're awake

There's no mention of him monitoring you while awake, where you actually perform nice or naughty acts. Therefore we are forced to assume he just knows if you've been bad or good. He also simply knows when you're awake, so he also knows when you're asleep. Conclusion?

So Santa is definitely team Edward.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »

Man, I've been on the internet since the late 90s. I'm completely unqualified for public office.

Houn for President 2020

Most of the worst of what I've posted would let me at worst run as a GOP candidate.

hmmm yes but will Bowen protect my children from the scourge of wifi?

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I am not sure why I am so ehh whatever about 2016

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I would like to become a subscriber to your blowjob factory.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    @skippydumptruck

"TL DR"

so this cheeky article works from the presumption that being aware of what's going on via the news has some impact on something

and the point of what I posted earlier, I think, is that it doesn't

so if you want to do something, do it

but wallowing in information 'feels' like you're doing something -- I'm so mad about X cabinet appointment! -- but it's not, and it makes you miserable

in a sense it's a collective action problem

everyone being aware and outraged over something occasionally does impact change, you see it often with X CEO resigning over public scandal or whatever

Trump doesn't give a shit tho so who knows

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    How does the blowjob factory work? Is it making sex bots or are you packaging like little one-use vacuum bubbles?

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    i like 2016. 2016 is a good year

lol you are nega-jake and real jake is dead under your basement isn't he

life is good and nothing sucks

This man has the right idea

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    2016 is a visually attractive number. Like 1944, and 1878. Not a lameo like 2013.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

-Knows when you're awake

Santa doesn't have a crystal ball. He can only exist in corporeal form in the presence of humans if they're asleep. That's why you tell kids if they don't go to sleep Santa won't come. He's able to discern awake status through a form of telepathy, and knowing when you're good/bad is conveyed by Santa-sense.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    America's not a good guy

We just play one on TV

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Spent forever tracking down this form in our Sharepoint site. Realized I needed to install Sharepoint Designer. Did that. Located the form. Opened it for editing in InfoPath.

Can't edit it, even after saving a local copy to my PC.

Death to America.

Ok, I have the template open and editable in InfoPath. I am still not sure what changed that is allowing editing, though, so my computer is never getting rebooted again.

America is safe, for now.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Saved my cat from dying
    Reconnected with old friends
    Got fit
    Got a giant tv

Cat almost died
    Spent a lot of money
    Trump, racism, etc.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    2016 was fine, and 2017 isn't bringing about the nuclear holocaust, nor is anyone getting rounded up into camps.

You're all going to be fine.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular

Was a children's book

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

everyone being aware and outraged over something occasionally does impact change, you see it often with X CEO resigning over public scandal or whatever

I don't think that's even true though?

the CEO doesn't resign because people are mad after reading an article, the CEO resigns because you're mad AND you stop buying products (or threaten to) or it damages the brand ($$) or whatever

if I read the article about a climate skeptic being appointed the head of the EPA, I am mad

but unless I take some action on that information, my life is worse and the world is no better off

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    In every class there is the one guy who fixates on the dumbest shit.

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    2016 was fine, and 2017 isn't bringing about the nuclear holocaust, nor is anyone getting rounded up into camps.

after hitler

our turn

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    hakkes i cant decide which is my favorite bork on that channel help

can i choose all of them

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    2017 means the New Years Eve novelty eyeglasses in Times Square will look even stupider than usual again.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options

No.... but you know the only thing stopping me from being fireable from federal contracting because I'm queer is an executive order, right?

I'm going to be fine by virtue of being clever, not because there are no obstacles

• Options
    2016 (spoilered for venting sads)
    The year hope lost and fear reigned
    The year many women elected a rapist
    The year America's apathy fucked us all for decades to come
    The year misogyny won
    The year racism won
    The year we began our most corrupt government to date

Etcetera

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    In every class there is the one guy who fixates on the dumbest shit.

This is why my only trait for instruction is falling asleep. Like seriously 90% of the courses I take for my job put me to sleep.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    oh wait this is my fav bork i think

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    hakkes i cant decide which is my favorite bork on that channel help

can i choose all of them

yes

you can choose all the borks

there is no need to discriminate on the brorks

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    a

I don't think that's even true though?

the CEO doesn't resign because people are mad after reading an article, the CEO resigns because you're mad AND you stop buying products (or threaten to) or it damages the brand ($$) or whatever

if I read the article about a climate skeptic being appointed the head of the EPA, I am mad

but unless I take some action on that information, my life is worse and the world is no better off

people get mad and it damages the brand because they know about it

it's kind of a necessary first step!

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »

Houn for President 2020

hmmm yes but will Bowen protect my children from the scourge of wifi?

I mean

sure

let me just

invest in tinfoil futures really quick

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options

Yeah when my planned pregnancy goes wrong and I can't elect an abortion because powerful men installed judges to overturn roe v Wade or otherwise federally banned the procedure

Yeah I'll be fine

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVk5m3lospk

This is currently by fav bork, but it's tough competition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIx6_Srsrog

This discussion has been closed.