As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Love Thread! Boobits? Come on in!

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I always like when the facebook recommended friends thing shows me one night stands or people from work

It must populate it with people who look up your name because there is nothing on facebook connecting me to those people but still

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    I suppose I could just ignore the request all together cause I mean fuck it. She hasn't nor ever did she move in my friend circles so best she can do is call me a piece of shit to people I don't know and man that doesn't bother me one bit.

It honestly just kinda took me off guard. I guess she's being a normal adult person about it but nah man I ain't about that life

I have so many pending friend requests from former classmates that I just don't want to engage with on any level anymore. Ignore away.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I always like when the facebook recommended friends thing shows me one night stands or people from work

It must populate it with people who look up your name because there is nothing on facebook connecting me to those people but still

friends of friends, people who look up your name, people in the area with similar interests or have visited the same location (so if you both frequent restaurants and bars)

I get recommended some weird people sometimes.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

Do you have Facebook on your phone?

Do you have those phone numbers on your phone?

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Straightzi wrote: »

No when I'm on my phone and I check facebook I always do it through a browser and I don't have my number connected to it at all I'm pretty sure

And hook up numbers don't get saved with full names anyway, its always like "Joe [whatever app I met them on]" if I save them at all

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    A friend a fell out with terribly over 5 years ago friend requested me today. He must be bored today.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Angelina wrote: »
    Last night I was having a major brain spiders moment. Well, it's been all week, but last night it just get getting worse. Wanting to quit uni, move out of London, essentially shit of the last few years of hard work. The nerd is quite black and white with stuff like this. What are the pros and cons, how to fix things practically etc. It was nice that he was trying, but rationally I know what I need to do and so I mainly just need support and sympathy while I try to calm myself and work through it. I was trying to find a way (over Whatsapp) to explain to his that while I appreciated his practical way of helping, that it wasn't what I needed, and would probably stress me out more. This first message I sent made him think I was ending it, and he was so relieved when the next message showed what I was actually trying to say. And it made me realise...he actually wants to be with me, and would be sad if I ended it. I know that should be obvious, but thanks to some childhood stuff and a shitty ex, I kinda think of myself as a burden that people put up with. So despite me crying my eyes out, something good came from last night. Someone likes me.
    I had an online thing to do for uni today that's 10% of an assignment. Couldn't do it. All the crying. So I've phoned uni and set up an appointment with study support people in the new year to try and work through why assignments make me a crying mess. See if I can break this before the end of my course.

Hey, hugs. The emotional vs. logical divide can be a tough thing to bridge but I know tons of couples who have figured it out so I'm sure you'll get there.

And you know, you've made it this far with even more bullshit to deal with (at least I'm assuming the lack of horrible roommate stories this year means a better living situation) and without local support, so I KNOW you can nail the rest of it too. I've been there--thinking I'm a complete failure, the last few years of school were a mistake, it'd be easier to just throw it all away than try and push though a seemingly impossible load of work. It wasn't true for me and I know it's not true for you.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

No when I'm on my phone and I check facebook I always do it through a browser and I don't have my number connected to it at all I'm pretty sure

And hook up numbers don't get saved with full names anyway, its always like "Joe [whatever app I met them on]" if I save them at all

I think even having been logged in to the app on your phone at one point can cause it (like, I don't use it either, but I keep it around because of Tinder). At that point it has access to your contacts and your number, and can find people based on their numbers in your phone (rather than based on the name that they're saved under) if they also have Facebook on their phones.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure Facebook only gets access to your contacts on your phone if you say it's ok

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

I think even having been logged in to the app on your phone at one point can cause it (like, I don't use it either, but I keep it around because of Tinder). At that point it has access to your contacts and your number, and can find people based on their numbers in your phone (rather than based on the name that they're saved under) if they also have Facebook on their phones.

man that seems like a massive breach of privacy

but I guess it's facebook, so...

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Y'all can have your youthful & vibrant Batmen.

I'm going to mumble angrily at children with my favorite Batman.

3808414-2029804812-36872.jpg

Says the guy who unashamedly supports Civil War Tony Stark.

Least Surprising Opinion of 2016.

Waaaaait a minute. Comics Civil War Tony Stark or MCU Civil War Tony Stark.

Cuz one of those is horrible and one of those is absolutely correct.

That would be MCU Stark for me.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    wait is the MCU the marvel comics universe or the marvel cinematic universe

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    he said "yeah a bike hit my car"

Fucking.....I think I'd have been more mad about that than about the being hit by a car part, but here's me saying that while not having been hit by a car so who knows.

I was hit by a car once when I was on my moped but that was more of a 'my fault' type situation.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

Yes

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular

Cinematic universe.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Update on Emby:
    1. I am currently crushing on, as well as trying to date, a trans woman former special forces operative who is also a blacksmith and gained minor fame after an interview by barcroft.
    2. also dating a cutie egg who is totally into me
    3. was interviewed for Wear Your Voice Magazine
    4. Happy 13th forum anniversary to me

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »

Cinematic universe.

Comic book civil war Tony stark was on the right side at the start and swiftly fucked it up and became the exact thing captain America was worried about

• Options
    Just like the movie one!

• Options
    5. also was a drone pilot for NODAPL: https://youtu.be/Y2KIWDLeYWA
    6. just kidding. But soon.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Just like the movie one!

Naaaah. Team RDJ.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Film Tony stark was way more reasonable

Comic book Tony stark built space Guantanamo bay because he's a dickhead

• Options
    I made an appointment to look at an apartment on Monday afternoon.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Continued to feel very triple ultra shitty all week but went out tonight for Christmas do

Therefore also very fucked with work posse so thumbs up!

Solar on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular

Facebook legit passively tracks your location whenever your Location Services is enabled on your phone. It makes friend recommendations based on you being in close proximity for an extended amount of time to someone else who also has the Facebook app/Location Services enabled.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    got hit with a super nasty virus on thursday. spent most of the morning vomitting, then the rest of the day sleeping.

Then mom got hit with it on Thursday night/friday morning, and then Ecco got his with Friday night/today.

It's an evil thing, this bug. All I want to do is sleep.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Hush my darling, be still my darling, the lion's on the phone

• Options
    Get well soon, @lonelyahava

• Options
    I have a date with my cutie egg friend. She offered to make me pancakes

• Options
    I have a date today with some rumham.

Gonna fall in love with it.

• Options
    WTF
    Stupid Facebook

I just wrote a thing on a friend's Facebook post, and I'm 90% certain she deleted my comment

WTF

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Glad you're doing well emby, miss you being here <3

• Options
    On my first day off from this holiday show I'm going to Seattle's cat cafe.

I love those cats.

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    WTF
    Stupid Facebook

I just wrote a thing on a friend's Facebook post, and I'm 90% certain she deleted my comment

WTF

Sometimes Facebook just makes things disappear because it's fucking awful.

• Options
    Fuck I forgot my knife

• Options
    Fuck I forgot my knife

And condoms. Fuck I'm just throwing every bit of caution to the wind

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Fuck I forgot my knife

I got like three on me. You can borrow one of mine.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »
    WTF
    Stupid Facebook

WTF

Sometimes Facebook just makes things disappear because it's fucking awful.

Yeah, sometimes comments glitch out and don't show when you read the post on the feed, as opposed to on their actual page (and vice versa)

It's weird

• Options
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Fuck I forgot my knife

I got like three on me. You can borrow one of mine.

20161212_190633_zpsazmg8nav.jpg
    NVM FOUND IT

• Options
    Turns out I have 3.5 knives because I forgot my multitool has a blade (that is a struggle to deploy).

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Turns out I have 3.5 knives because I forgot my multitool has a blade (that is a struggle to deploy).

You can still play Knifey Spoony with it.

This discussion has been closed.