As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Love Thread! Boobits? Come on in!

• Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    I would love to be part of a regular D&D group.

Too bad I'm on the East Coast... of Australia.

I'm not sure which bit of the East Coast you're at, but you could try a call-out in the Australia thread.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Yo @Cello, this is my maple syrup story from college.

During my forth year at university I had a resident (as I was an RA) who kept going on & on about her love of maple syrup. And at one point some one mentioned that I probably loved it more.

She didn't take that laying down.

So she got real defensive and started talking about how she has decorative syrup shot glasses and orders her maple syrup from only the finest online distributors and will not darken her tongue with off-brand syrup trash.

Well she went on like this for a while and finally she gave the floor to me, and our audience turned towards me for my counter.

"I'm from Canada."

And our audience decreed, "Oh yeah, Jimmy wins. He obviously wins..."

And that girl was furious with white hot rage.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

During my forth year at university I had a resident (as I was an RA) who kept going on & on about her love of maple syrup. And at one point some one mentioned that I probably loved it more.

So she got real defensive and started talking about how she has decorative syrup shot glasses and orders her maple syrup from only the finest online distributors and will not darken her tongue with off-brand syrup trash.

Well she went on like this for a while and finally she gave the floor to me, and our audience turned towards me for my counter.

"I'm from Canada."

Ah yes, the ol' Canada card. Only really works internationally, sadly. Back home we have to prove our syrup-loving supremacy.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »

"I'm from Canada."

Ah yes, the ol' Canada card. Only really works internationally, sadly. Back home we have to prove our syrup-loving supremacy.

Listen lady, don't you throw down.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I once had maple syrup from a glass container shaped like a maple leaf

It was pretty good

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I tried real maple syrup one time. It was in a little plastic jug.

It tasted kinda like charcoal.

Not a fan. Gimme Mrs buttersworth any day.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Uriel wrote: »
    I tried real maple syrup one time. It was in a little plastic jug.

It tasted kinda like charcoal.

Not a fan. Gimme Mrs buttersworth any day.

Was this "maple syrup" black and kind of powdery?

You might have been sold falsely labeled charcoal. It's a real problem here in the states.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    It's just the closest thing I can compare the burnt wood taste too. Actually maybe it was a bit more like the wood notes that come through in some whiskeys.

But still not something I'd really love to put on my pancakes.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I'd probably put actual charcoal on my pancakes over corn syrup, personally.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Okay smart guy. What's a good maple syrup I can get? I just don't like bitter syrup.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Pancakes are one of the things I can cook

Sometimes

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    This is pretty good:

http://bensmaplesyrup.com/

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

Team Eastern Hemisphere, high five.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    I am mega down for some online roleplaying shenanigans but really this goes nowhere without someone with balls enough to be the DM.

I tried it once and it is haaaaaaaaard.

sarukun on
  • Options
    sarukun wrote: »
    I am mega down for some online roleplaying shenanigans but really this goes nowhere without someone with balls enough to be the DM.

I nominate @Anzekay.

I will always nominate Anzekay.

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    IF I can get healthy so I have actual energy and IF I can break out of this depressive funk I'm in THEN I have some ideas about a frog-themed adventure that I could run.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Cyvros wrote: »

I nominate @Anzekay.

is this because I'm good or because I'm like one of the only DMs you've had

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    If you folks are serious about doing an online game, please remember to consider us poor future people from futureland when establishing a time.

• Options
    Veldrin wrote: »
    If you folks are serious about doing an online game, please remember to consider us poor future people from futureland when establishing a time.

I am in futureland, and I am the king of tossing toys out the pram.

That said, it is very likely that we will have to play at either in the early morning or late evening to make it work.

• Options
    Anzekay wrote: »

I nominate @Anzekay.

It's mostly because you can put up with my kind of shit. I only recommend DMs who can do that.

• Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular

There are worse places to be

That's debatable at the moment.

Nah, Melbourne's fine rn

I inspected 5 rentals in Sydney today with a 20 minute walk between each while a bit hungover. Not happy.

• Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    We can just have our own online Australia game

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    Chara CaroliChara Caroli Canes VenaticiRegistered User regular

The only time I've ever played D&D, it was such a small group that I had to play a character and DM at the same time.

I don't feel like I got the authentic experience.

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Sharon Begley
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I am flexible with the time just so long as I get to run my sexy elf rogue.

• Options

There are worse places to be

That's debatable at the moment.

Nah, Melbourne's fine rn

I inspected 5 rentals in Sydney today with a 20 minute walk between each while a bit hungover. Not happy.

You poor soul.

Remember, wildly variable weather awaits you if/when you finally return to our great city.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »

I nominate @Anzekay.

It's mostly because you can put up with my kind of shit. I only recommend DMs who can do that.

I can also put up with the Perth crew which is no mean feat imho

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Apparently my profile is getting hella play in ATL right now, because I got about 50 new views and likes within the span of about 2 days. WTF OkC?

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I swear I didn't try to do this twice in one thread!

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

7 years ago yesterday, I put 2 suitcases, a laptop bag, and a bookbag into the trunk of my parents car. We then drove 2 hours to the airport, where they dropped me off at security and I walked through.

6 hours on a plane with a bunch of Fullbright sholarship journalism students who were on their way to Arizona to interview Joe Arpaio, a 20mminute jog through the airport and annother 2 hour flight saw me in LAX. A 6 hour layover and I was on another plane, 13 hours of flying ahead of me.

I lost a day in the air, hurtling through space and time. And then, 7 years ago today, I landed in New Zealand.

I stepped off the plane, went through customs, and biosecurity and then stepped out of the large electric doors. And there stood @ecco the dolphin .

It's been a crazy 7 years, complete with immigration paperwork, trips back to the states, getting married, buying a house, and having our daughter. I'm so very lucky that I jumped off the cliff (after being talked into it by @Infidel) and that Ecco was waiting to catch me at the bottom.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    I do not love Sydney right now. It is 9:40 pm and 29 degrees Celcius (84.2F) and 66% relative humidity.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    I do not love Sydney right now. It is 9:40 pm and 29 degrees Celcius (84.2F) and 66% relative humidity.

sorely tempted to just sleep through it

doubtful how well that plan would go

broken image link
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Man, I would love a solid dnd/tabletop rpg group

Im a little superstitious about online groups though - last three times I've joined one, within three weeks the company I've worked for at the time has shut down

• Options

sorely tempted to just sleep through it

doubtful how well that plan would go

I'm getting drunk at my house after mates finished up at the bar.
    At least this way maybe I'll just have to sleep.

• Options

Give it all to me.

• Options

Give it all to me.

I have a friend who was also from my hometown (Melbourne) who just moved to Taiwan from Sydney.
    I don't think he'd appreciate me sending it.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    When we get to 100 pages, can whoever makes the new thread, please remember it is nog's 39th birthday on the fourteenth and he would love birthday wishes.

• Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    I just had to take a boatload of aspirin for my hurty head. Spent tonight in the pool and otherwise watching Deadpool again- problematic I know, but I do enjoy it. But head is doing a hurt and is giving me hecka concern.

The cool change is pissweak, but I welcome the relief.

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

It was like that here two weeks ago. And then in the 48 hours since Thursday morning, we got 5 inches of rain. And the wind is currently bowing hard enough that the trees in the park over the road are making enough noise that I have had to turn the television up to double its normal volume to be able to hear it.

This discussion has been closed.