As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Camp Comic] Friday, December 16, 2016 - Breaking Point

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited December 2016 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Friday, December 16, 2016 - Breaking Point

Breaking Point

Breaking Point

http://campcomic.com/comic/384

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• J-mentalJ-mental Registered User regular
    Oh my God.... I ah....

Holy shit.

• briguybriguy Registered User regular
    Holy crap.
    The art is just freaking incredible. Katie, please sell those six panels as a print. Or prints.

But, man, I feel really sad. I mean, we knew it was inevitable, right? We know Brian ends up at camp, we know he gets "scary," but this just really hit me. He wanted to walk away, he didn't want it at all, and was just defending himself. And his poor nose. :(

• poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    Poor Brian.... But he does more good at the camp, if you think about it.

poipoigirl wrote: »
    Poor Brian.... But he does more good at the camp, if you think about it.

Where would Malachi and Seventeen be without him? He's their rock.

Cat
    Lucifer-cat is really scary!

• WestIndianAgoutiWestIndianAgouti Registered User regular
    "You got knocked the FUGG OUT!!!" --- Chris Tucker, 1995.

• dwtdwt Registered User regular
    Is it just me, or is the drawing of the hand incredibly realistic?

• Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    Knew it. Brian went apeshit on those bullies, wrecked them and got blames by scary overly detailed band man. This is why he ended up in Weedonwantcha.

Now, the process is going to repeat itself with Senor Bops, but this time... Will he stop himself before he goes too far?

• te-kunte-kun Registered User regular
    Nice arm breaking!

• DublinDublin Registered User regular
    On a side note... Ever noticed how adults in general don't get the depth of the despair their bullied kids are dealing with on a daily basis?

• The Other LukeThe Other Luke Registered User new member
    Good job with the nose. Never noticed it before. Taking care of those details is why I come back twice a week. Thanks.

• UEAK CarnageUEAK Carnage Registered User regular
    Something witty.
    Just wait until you start seeing those Goddamn bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]UEAK+Carnage.png
  • GinormousGinormous Registered User regular
    Since when did web comics start making the feels!

• Dark JaguarDark Jaguar Registered User regular
    The first part reminds me of that scene in Snow White, if Snow White decided to fight all those creepy trees instead of flee from them.

• secret_sAndwichsecret_sAndwich Registered User new member
    Speaking of details, anyone notice the dad's hand gripping the window sill (8th panel)?

• DasilodaviDasilodavi Registered User regular
    Speaking of details, anyone notice the dad's hand gripping the window sill (8th panel)?

I think those are vines. Or poorly kept plants of some sort.

• CheeseGod99CheeseGod99 Registered User regular
    The shift in art style from clean lines to more erratic lines to reflect Brian's mental state is a brilliant touch. Keep up the great work!

• TheTinyManTheTinyMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Talyn Rahl wrote: »
    Knew it. Brian went apeshit on those bullies, wrecked them and got blames by scary overly detailed band man. This is why he ended up in Weedonwantcha.

Now, the process is going to repeat itself with Senor Bops, but this time... Will he stop himself before he goes too far?

How far is 'too far' when these kids are throwing people in nets for what seems to be hours at a time and then attempting to bludgeon them over the head with a cudgel?

TheTinyMan on
  • cubbylostboycubbylostboy Registered User regular
    With that type of toxic environment Brian was in, I can't say that his ending up at camp was a bad thing. Obviously this man with detailed hand is clueless (here's hoping that it's some uncle that took Brian in to get the support money when his parents were killed in that horrible event :P). *sigh*

• mecha_Billmecha_Bill Registered User regular
    What an incredible way to depict the violence without actually showing the violence. Brilliant.

• pilfropilfro Registered User regular
    Reminds me of the kid in Flatliners here.

• hajenhajen Registered User regular
    one blunt chest trauma (when you roll a '1' on laying on of hands)
    two broken 'limbs' (I was going to say severed, but this ain't Kill Bill)
    one demonic kitten (or is it a feline demon?!?)
    one pissed off little red riding hood (I'm color blind, so it might not be red)

♬and a partridge in a pear tree♪ (Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays y'all)

• Kairos615Kairos615 Registered User regular
    Oh, my God, his face in the seventh panel. His nose. His disbelieving eyebrows. The shadows under his eyes.
    Brian needs a hug.
    And ain't nobody gonna give him one.

:'-(

• patrizl001patrizl001 Registered User regular
    haha breaking point get it

because he broke that guy's arm

• SeabSeab Registered User regular

thnx dude, as i wasn't broken enough about this comic...

• MartynMartyn Registered User regular
    That was what the ring was for. So this hand could be identified.

• LunarNexusLunarNexus Registered User regular
    Holy shit. I relate with this on such a deep level that I cannot even describe how accurate this is. Thank you Katie, your work is very appreciated, and I cannot wait to see more.

• PrivateJokerPrivateJoker Registered User regular
    They broke his freakin nose, of course he's gonna fight back.

I still want to know the really pressing matter of the ring! We need answers. What is its backstory? Was it forged in the fires of Mount Doom?
    You can't leave us hanging on important matters of lore like this!

• RoaringRavenRoaringRaven Registered User regular
    :(

• The GorchThe Gorch Registered User regular
    Cat is eeeeeeeevil.

• ZyxxZyxx Registered User regular
    Holy cow, Brian, you did great. Three-on-one, you came out on top (did you actually break his arm? You're freakin' strong for being 10 or whatever.)
    No, I have no sympathy for those kids. Same way I had no sympathy for that bully who antagonized that Casey kid and got suplexed a few years back. They wanted this fight, and they got it. I feel for Brian, who didn't want this at all. He doesn't want to be scary. I wish I could tell him he's not scary to me.

• neuroflareneuroflare TempeRegistered User regular
    Hate to be a downer her but this timeline really needs to end. This isn't an enjoyable comic any longer. Please Katie and Adam, put this story down like Old Yeller.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    neuroflare wrote: »
    Hate to be a downer her but this timeline really needs to end. This isn't an enjoyable comic any longer. Please Katie and Adam, put this story down like Old Yeller.

Did you write to Brad Bird about The Iron Giant too?

• Hawk1966Hawk1966 Leiche Central FloridaRegistered User regular
    I don't know how to quote but neuroflare I think you're wrong. It's part of the story. None of it in all honesty is skipping happily through daisies. It's a camp where kids are abandoned, barely eat food similar to what refugee camps provide but they make it work. Let them tell their story their way. I think this is powerful and meaningful It's a backstory many people asked to see and here it is. Take a break if it bothers you but I know, as horrible as it seems, it's what made Brian Brian and I for one am sad but wiser now. I say let the story roll.

If only there was a way to not see things you don't enjoy. If only. One day, someone will find a way.

• KatudorKatudor Registered User new member
    @Neuroflare no. This Storyline is important. It not only shows us Brian's backstory, but it's important for kids who grew up bullied, kids who had anger issues. If Brian wasn't my favorite character before, he certainly is now, because I realize now how much we have in common, and how therapeutic it is to see a well put together look at these feelings. Brian could have been me if I hadn't been taken to a therapist. This story is important.

Katie, you keep going. You're doing good, for all of us.

• AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular
    briguy wrote: »
    If only there was a way to not see things you don't enjoy. If only. One day, someone will find a way.

No no! Page views are crucial to our existence, so we are absolutely fine with hate-reading.

• Ilze123Ilze123 Registered User regular
    the deed is done. I feel it, but no tears yet (this is not a bad thing, mind).

The next pages with the conclusion still might. I feel that that the "cup of poison" is still not empty.

@adamRW I think web-comics is one of the few things in life we cannot rush any more. Current people are getting spoiled with netflix and such. We cannot binge-read a complete webo-comic series; we need to wait. For some this proves more difficult then for others. I envy (a tiny bit) the new people who discover this for they can binge-read.

I do confess that I check too often on Tuesday and Friday if the new one is already up. I don't think there is a deadline time when can be sure it is there.

I'm really good at guessing when they'll be up because I'm usually up at that time and it's fairly consistent.
    I do check back often though, because I enjoy the comments. It's like being a book club, only no one has read ahead and we're all working with the same info.