As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This is the old Star Citizen thread

• Options
    XOCentricXOCentric Registered User regular
    @Axen i believe that the stealth pilots are doing bounties on players with crimestats for kicks. If they die with a crimestat they wake up in kleischer to do a bit of time/re-think their lives. So, playing Space Punisher is an option?

steam: xo_centric uplay: xocentric
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    The Avenger looks like a big fat penguin

don't @ me

Personally I like to think of it as more of a Puffin. An A-10 Puffin.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    I prefer space orca or space penguin (spenquin?)

But I'm just in it for the brrrrt

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »

don't @ me

Agreed

gfavkj0wbu7s.jpeg

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    gfavkj0wbu7s.jpeg[/quote]

*contemplates tattooishly*

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Had a fun time tonight, we ran combat drops in a Cutlass clearing out underground bunkers, then fired up the 890 Jump hijacking mission (where I am pleased to report that only 2-3 of us fell through the floor of the elevators and had to stand around waiting until someone came to open the door and rescue us).

Drilling on the FPS movement and shooting and getting a feel for how the gameplay works with a team as opposed to just Ramboing your way through NPCs was pretty solid.

• Options
    So, we had 7x PAI members running back-to-back combat missions to work on practicing inserting and exfiltrating, and we ran a good number of them with no issues except a 30k at the start. After that we put on some Long Tall Sally or other music through a shared listening website and hit the underground missions over and over until we got a good rhythm. Then, we found a hijacked 890jump mission and it was messy but we got it done. My poor cutlass got blown all to hell so we had to limp it back for repairs and then people started to log off for the night.

Overall I think we've got the potential for some good teamwork based game play in star citizen. Everyone's meshing well and are pretty friendly no matter the skill level.

Next step I think is to run another session of hot drops then experiment with force-on-force gameplay. We had a blue-on-blue accident in the bunker but I don't think the guy got a crime stat for it. So I'm thinking if you are grouped and shoot your buddy it's fine. If so, we need someone in PAI with a working med ship (cutlass red or carrack I believe). Then we pick a setting, establish teams and do live gunplay against each other with the purpose of learning.

For starters we could do:
    -low G lunar combat.
    -planetside combat.
    -boarding actions.
    -cold or hot environment combat (ariel or microtech).
    -fighting in storms (dust, wind, snow).

If people have ideas or comments let's get em out there. I'm focused on FPS and mining so my lens is through those things. I'm pretty motivated right now to get people rolling together now that the game is "playable". I keep saying it but if we tackle the loops through the bugs we'll be better positioned once the PU moves forward.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    We could use laser pistols only and treat it like laser tag. If you get hit you're out. That way we can then hit the med ship, get patched up, and keep going.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    If you have a ship with an ICU bed you can set it as a respawn point, and as long as you die within a certain radius of the ship (something pretty bonkers in terms of distance) you'll respawn there when you die. If you park a Cutlass Red (or whatever) outside of a bunker and do team based "rounds" than the dead people spawn right outside, and as a bonus (server bugs permitting) their gun will be right there on the ground where they died. After the round is up they can run in and grab it again.

Basically, with a little planning, we can be as lethal to each other as we like at this stage in development without impacting anything. It's basically Star Marine but without dealing with Star Marine.

• Options
    If you have a ship with an ICU bed you can set it as a respawn point, and as long as you die within a certain radius of the ship (something pretty bonkers in terms of distance) you'll respawn there when you die. If you park a Cutlass Red (or whatever) outside of a bunker and do team based "rounds" than the dead people spawn right outside, and as a bonus (server bugs permitting) their gun will be right there on the ground where they died. After the round is up they can run in and grab it again.

Basically, with a little planning, we can be as lethal to each other as we like at this stage in development without impacting anything. It's basically Star Marine but without dealing with Star Marine.

Ok, that's rad as fuck.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    The problem with party members not giving crime stats, though, is that you will see the name tags of the other team

Unless you can just turn off the UI completely during the "mission"?

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    More roadmap slippage and delays.

I don't even know why they keep the thing up. It's pretty much just a source of constant negative attention.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Meh. I try to focus on what's available in-game. There's enough there to play around with. We ran combat missions all last night and sure it's a bit janky but I think our crew had a good time. Next step is setting up FPS practice and Im always down for mining ops.
    Right now were in the community building phase for PAI and that takes time and effort. 'Emergent gameplay' was dropped as a term last night and I feel like thats the way to move forward. We need to make fun with whats there.

• Options
    I forgot to mention, even though our Cutlass took a bit of a beating it was ok, because we "liberated" a 300i from the hangar bay of the 890 Jump. Exfil solution: OSP, boys.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Honestly we mostly liberated that 300i because it was quicker than trying to find an airlock in that maze of a ship, and the hangar exit was in the ceiling.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah air lock is in the back so going out the hanger bay was probably your best option

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    Anyone have video editing skills and feel like needlessly picking a fight with a large Corp just to stir up some emergent gameplay and announcing the intention with a YouTube video?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    A video on PAI’s Risk Management Team would be neat to see.

• Options
    https://youtu.be/yXfua9S1k-8

I'm proposing Operation: MONGOOSE

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Syngyne wrote: »
    Axen wrote: »

don't @ me

Agreed

gfavkj0wbu7s.jpeg

r2gg8fzu6n6u.jpg

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Things to do when a Cutlass Black and pals has 3 missile locks on you and you're in a Hawk:
    Nothing. You're fucked.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    In combat drill news, swung by Grim Hex last session to get my Reclaimer out, if things worked properly I'll be able to hop out of its Captain's bed next to Olisar. Otherwise I assume it'll be sitting empty by Olisar while I spawn at Hex since it's where I last docked.

It is not a roomy ship for fighting in, but it's a new layout to learn

NEO|Phyte on
    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    That would be cool. It would be nice to familiarize ourselves with the layout of all of the large ships, and then have gameplans in place for the inevitable breach and clear missions (the Starfarer was literally designed to be used as an FPS map, so I'm guessing Space Rainbow Six missions will be a thing at some point in the future).

• Options
    That would be cool. It would be nice to familiarize ourselves with the layout of all of the large ships, and then have gameplans in place for the inevitable breach and clear missions (the Starfarer was literally designed to be used as an FPS map, so I'm guessing Space Rainbow Six missions will be a thing at some point in the future).
    Huh, didn't know that.

If we wanna do practice runs on it I can pull mine.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    One of these days, I should probably get some practice in piloting my Valkyrie for dropping off a landing crew and providing CAS.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    One of these days, I should probably get some practice in piloting my Valkyrie for dropping off a landing crew and providing CAS.

Join us on the Discord! We're getting together and doing exactly this.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Today wouldn't be the day. Today I'm showing a RL the ropes in No Man's Sky and relishing in the magic of cross-platform multiplayer.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Another awesome night of Star Citizen with the gang. Did some starfighter space pew pews, learned the mining loop, made a cool 40k, and topped it off with a three man tacticool station assault. I really, REALLY, like how mining is shaping up in this game and normally I'm not into mining. Learning to control the lasers to get the high value ore is pretty engaging and takes some good coordination between the crew.

@TychoCelchuuu
    Could we get a new thread title indicating PAI is now actively doing things to get more attention to that fact? It may help draw in some old backers that have checked out.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    PAI FLY-IN
    When: Thursday Night 9/10/20 @ 2100 Eastern
    Where: Once we party up and launch in the server we'll find the most practical planet/moon to land on

The goal is to let people see and walk through as many different ships as possible. Respond with the ship you plan to bring so that people with multiples can plot accordingly.

Since I know others have a Super Hornet I'm planning on bringing the Hurricane (I'll keep it a Dakka-cane for you @TOGSolid )

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Thunderbolt and lightning, very, very frightening and caused my power to go out last night.

Was good times though.

• Options
    FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    PAI FLY-IN
    Where: Once we party up and launch in the server we'll find the most practical planet/moon to land on

The goal is to let people see and walk through as many different ships as possible. Respond with the ship you plan to bring so that people with multiples can plot accordingly.

Since I know others have a Super Hornet I'm planning on bringing the Hurricane (I'll keep it a Dakka-cane for you @TOGSolid )

I'll bring my Best in Show Hammerhead in all of its white and purple glory, and a ground vehicle or two in its hold!

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    PAI FLY-IN

Idk what to bring. I could bring my 890 Jump, Retaliator bomber, or Vanduul Scythe. Those are the most oddball things I own I think. Anyone got any requests off of the spreadsheet?

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    This was a thing that happened.

So I'm balling around in my stealth fitted Stalker and I take a mission to find missing crew. Easy 10k.

The wreck in question was out in near orbit of Hurston. I fly to the beacon and exit my ship.

I start floating around the wreckage and find two bodies out in space. Five more to go. I figure they must be inside one of the big sections. So I float on over to a big section of the debris. I float around it and around it. I can see inside the bridge but I cannot for the life of me find the damn entrance to the thing. Finally I find some cargo doors and I think to myself, "Well maybe I can just cut my way in." So I bust out my torch and start cutting.

I'm cutting in to this door for a bit when suddenly the goddamn door opens up and some newbie with a pistol starts firing wildly at me. Turns out the "section" of debris was some dude's fucking Freelancer! I had NO IDEA! He had parked it right in the middle of the debris field. I pull out my own gun and start shooting wildly at him. We exchange a bunch of rounds and then the guy closes his cargo door and I take the opportunity to try to make it to my own ship. The dude, who I am sure was new (basic undersuit, no armor, just a pistol), got in to the turret and started shooting at me. I was desperately trying to float in to my own ship when my shields failed (stealth and all) and I took one of those big rounds in the chest.

I was laughing my ass off the whole time! Things went so crazily out of hand so fast that I couldn't really stop it from happening. Honestly I don't feel bad about it, I'm sure that dude is going to be telling that story for awhile.

• Options
  • Options
    Y'know, I should probably pick up a ground vehicle to shove into my Valkyrie. I'm just kinda torn on which vehicle to go with. Do I go utilitarian and pick up an Ursa Rover? Or maybe go stylin' with an Origin G12? I'm pretty sure a Ballista or Nova won't fit, so can't go that route...but a Cyclone-TR or AA might work as a light support vehicle for ground troops.

Alternatively, I could go silly and we could try low-altitude air dropping Bat-cycles (Ranger-TRs) out the back.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    If you can't drop a vehicle out of the cargo hold and have it safely survive the landing, that doesn't even count as a vehicle as far as I'm concerned because it's just expensive cargo.

I will also grudgingly accept vehicles that can have one-shot rockets attached for landing and takeoff. This probably isn't a thing, but it SHOULD be a thing. Let's get real Saturday morning cartoon with this.

• Options
    If you can't drop a vehicle out of the cargo hold and have it safely survive the landing, that doesn't even count as a vehicle as far as I'm concerned because it's just expensive cargo.

I will also grudgingly accept vehicles that can have one-shot rockets attached for landing and takeoff. This probably isn't a thing, but it SHOULD be a thing. Let's get real Saturday morning cartoon with this.

I mean if we can't reenact the Cobra entrance from the opening to GI Joe movie, then I don't even know what the point is.

https://youtu.be/4Ah2I166f_U

• Options
    @Fuselage what can you fit in the Valkyrie's vehicle bay?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    80s, what the fuck were you on and where can I get it?

Because I want three.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Fuselage what can you fit in the Valkyrie's vehicle bay?

If I remember, everything up until you hit the Nova. Sadly, the G12's wheelbase is too wide, so that won't fit.

Which means: Tumbril Cyclone, Tumbril Ranger, Ursa Rover, and Greycat ROC. And, if it counts as a ground vehicle, probably a Dragonfly.

EDIT - sorry Fuselage...didn't mean to embed the at.

Erlkönig on
This discussion has been closed.