As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]an Ibrahimovic

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    rockrnger wrote: »
    Houn wrote: »
    Someday, when I'm old and retired and don't have to worry about holding a job or raising kids or just generally giving the slightest of fucks about anything, I'm going to try all the drugs.

Well, no, not all the drugs, but hit me with some weed, maybe some hallucinogenics. Just old Houn, trippin' balls on his front porch, yelling nonsense at passersby.

I personally can't wait to spend my later years in a opiate haze.

Just a long, lazy Sunday.

You're going to spend your later years working until you die, just like the rest of us.

You feel these things are mutually exclusive?

I've never done opiates but I feel like I could do 90% of my non-client-facing work while high af

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Should I see Assassin's Creed in 3D or not?

You should not see Assassin's Creed

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    Why do moms have to be hurtful like that? :(

She's disappointed she raised a nerd.

The lady I sit next to at work complains that her son just sits playing computer games when he should be out having pregnancy scares and other "vital" experiences for a 17 year old.

She has gone skiing leaving him in the house by himself and a few of us were joking that he was going to have a party. She just very sadly said "No, not him. Maybe my daughter when she is older"

as silly as this is I do understand it. things have changed dramatically and the way kids are likely to spend free time is among them

like I guess he could invite over some friends and they could all spend the whole time staring at their phones

oops I've started to generalize the youth. I guess I'm old.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Why do moms have to be hurtful like that? :(

She's disappointed she raised a nerd.

The lady I sit next to at work complains that her son just sits playing computer games when he should be out having pregnancy scares and other "vital" experiences for a 17 year old.

She has gone skiing leaving him in the house by himself and a few of us were joking that he was going to have a party. She just very sadly said "No, not him. Maybe my daughter when she is older"

She's not wrong. I was fucking miserable when all I did was sit around playing video games and getting no exercise and was pretty socially stunted when I got to college because of it.

There should be a decent medium.

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    http://11foot8.com/

I love that someone is doing this.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    allthesesquaresmakeacircleallthesesquaresmakeacircleallthesesquaresmakeacircleallthesesquaresmakeacircleallthesesquaresmakeacircle

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

Why's that?

Also, isn't the other big release, "Passengers" supposedly skeevy as fuck?

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

Would 't bother to see it at all honestly

• Options
    go see rogue one instead that was fun

I need to go again though, I was so tired

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular

I actually have $8 in credit towards it from buying the Ezio Collection for PS4. Came with an $8 voucher.

So the question is whether I see it in 2D tomorrow at 5:25 PM or 3D tomorrow at 8:15 PM.

The 2D version is $13.90 and the 3D version is $18.18. Meaning it will only cost me either $5.90 or $10.18 plus $60 for soda and popcorn out of pocket.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options

Honestly, if I didn't have credit toward it, based on reviews I probably wouldn't.

But half the ticket is paid already so fuck it.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I wanna play board games right now.

I think that could help get my mind off it.

too bad it's a tuesday morning and no one I know lives nearby.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i am full of anger and other negative feelings

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Oh neat, a bunch of computer parts arrived!

One more package and I'll have my new pc built!

dish, mang

what's the deets

• Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular

I actually have $8 in credit towards it from buying the Ezio Collection for PS4. Came with an $8 voucher.

So the question is whether I see it in 2D tomorrow at 5:25 PM or 3D tomorrow at 8:15 PM.

The 2D version is $13.90 and the 3D version is $18.18. Meaning it will only cost me either $5.90 or $10.18 plus $60 for soda and popcorn out of pocket.

https://youarenotsosmart.com/2011/03/25/the-sunk-cost-fallacy/

• Options
    Should I see anything, ever, in 3D or not?

No you should not

• Options

Honestly, if I didn't have credit toward it, based on reviews I probably wouldn't.

But half the ticket is paid already so fuck it.

Get a ticket for Asscreed and go to a different projection room to see a better movie.

• Options
    I personally avoid 3d when possible. I wish it didn't exist and don't like wearing the glasses.,

but unfortuantely I don't think anyone here has seen it, and certainly not in both versions to really be able to tell you which is better

maybe you should go to both so we can put this question to bed

• Options
    Variable wrote: »

I prepurchased tickets for me, my father, and sister to see it on Christmas Eve.

I may watch SW 1, 2, and 3 today.

Is it necessary to refresh my memory on SW 1-3 for Rogue One? I've only seen SW3 once, back when it was originally in theaters. I have the blu-ray set, though, from last Christmas. Just haven't cracked it open yet.

• Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Someday, when I'm old and retired and don't have to worry about holding a job or raising kids or just generally giving the slightest of fucks about anything, I'm going to try all the drugs.

Well, no, not all the drugs, but hit me with some weed, maybe some hallucinogenics. Just old Houn, trippin' balls on his front porch, yelling nonsense at passersby.

You're going to spend your later years working until you die, just like the rest of us.

I've never done opiates but I feel like I could do 90% of my non-client-facing work while high af

Opiates are the most seductive thing in the world to me.

Imagine just not giving a shit forever.

• Options
    P10 wrote: »
    i am full of anger and other negative feelings

same tbh.

• Options
    I personally avoid 3d when possible. I wish it didn't exist and don't like wearing the glasses.,

but unfortuantely I don't think anyone here has seen it, and certainly not in both versions to really be able to tell you which is better

maybe you should go to both so we can put this question to bed

Fair enough.

• Options

I prepurchased tickets for me, my father, and sister to see it on Christmas Eve.

I may watch SW 1, 2, and 3 today.

Is it necessary to refresh my memory on SW 1-3 for Rogue One? I've only seen SW3 once, back when it was originally in theaters. I have the blu-ray set, though, from last Christmas. Just haven't cracked it open yet.

not even a little bit, don't put yourself through that unless you want to for other reasons

• Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular

Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior, Apathy and Cynicism?

• Options
    could talk to you about working on opiates for far too long

• Options

I'm using the $8 vouchers as justification because I actually want to see it, I just don't want to admit it to [chat] since they will lose respect for me. I'm only telling you this because I've known you for a long time and I trust you not to tell the rest of [chat]. Please don't.

• Options
    I'm always surprised when genuinely talented people, like Michael Fassbender, create passion-projects that are just godawful

AssCreed currently boasts a 13% top critics' rating

• Options
    Every time I see something in 3D, I'm like "I will NEVER WATCH A MOVIE IN 3D AGAIN" until the next time I see a movie in 3D.

I personally feel that the 3D in Doctor Strange was offputting in some scenes.

• Options

I'm using the $8 vouchers as justification because I actually want to see it, I just don't want to admit it to [chat] since they will lose respect for me. I'm only telling you this because I've known you for a long time and I trust you not to tell the rest of [chat]. Please don't.

HEY GUYS!!!

• Options
    Every time I see something in 3D, I'm like "I will NEVER WATCH A MOVIE IN 3D AGAIN" until the next time I see a movie in 3D.

due to showtimes and the weather on saturday I saw rogue one in 3d. didn't ruin it at all I'd just rather see things in 2d. I'd also rather they only produce shit in 2d as I find 3d to be pretty much exclusively gimmicky and I think it's a sad thing that it has failed in the past but is succeeding now because no one has taste anymore. and I guess because the tech is probably better.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular

Your secret is safe with me, Drez.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    erauqssidlrowehterauqssidlrowehterauqssidlrowehterauqssidlroweht

21, I'll play a board game with you.

20dfowfypn4q.png

Your turn.

• Options
    edited December 2016

Your secret is safe with me, Drez.

Thank you, I appreciate that.

edit: WAIT A MINUTE, YOU'RE NOT YAMINOSENSHI! HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT THIS?!?!

Drez on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    I'm always surprised when genuinely talented people, like Michael Fassbender, create passion-projects that are just godawful

i find it extremely hard to believe assassin's creed was anyone's passion project

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    For me, the big problem with 3D is that it looks great for about 5 set pieces; in-between that is 100 minutes of people talking to each other

• Options

due to showtimes and the weather on saturday I saw rogue one in 3d. didn't ruin it at all I'd just rather see things in 2d. I'd also rather they only produce shit in 2d as I find 3d to be pretty much exclusively gimmicky and I think it's a sad thing that it has failed in the past but is succeeding now because no one has taste anymore. and I guess because the tech is probably better.

Dr. Strange wasn't ruined by the 3D but I seriously wish I hadn't seen it in 3D. I'm looking forward to getting it on Blu-Ray to watch in 2D.

• Options

i find it extremely hard to believe assassin's creed was anyone's passion project

Ubisoft's, I'm sure.

• Options

HEY GUYS!!!

I trusted you.

I put my faith in you.

You traitor.

• Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular

Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior, Apathy and Cynicism?

It's like PED.

Some people are just naturally gifted.

• Options

you'd be wrong

this thing didn't exist until Fassbender willed it so

This discussion has been closed.