As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

the old pokemon thread :(

1457910100

Posts

  • QuantumShaddowQuantumShaddow Registered User regular
    Nobeard wrote: »
    What kind of jerk offers a Boldore holding an Everstone? That trolling takes time and effort. Just... some people man.

    A lot of Boldore come with Everstones on them when caught, so they may not have noticed.

    3DS FC: 4441-8382-3645
    Switch: SW-7634-0399-6788

    QGqFhNv.png
    Stormwatcher
  • TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    Man, a friend of mine is able to trade Shieldons for anything, including most of the legendaries. I've been using Vanilluxe, that seems to get traded rather quickly for legendaries/mystical.

    3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Castforms seem to be the easiest high demand mon to mass produce for GTS.

    MhCw7nZ.gif
    Vyolynce
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Nobeard wrote: »
    What kind of jerk offers a Boldore holding an Everstone? That trolling takes time and effort. Just... some people man.

    A lot of Boldore come with Everstones on them when caught, so they may not have noticed.

    Except if you box a freshly-caught mon in Sun/Moon it outright asks you what you want to do with its held item.

    EDIT: Ran into Cynthia in the Doubles Battle Tree. Was amused that I was able to precisely predict her four mons. Cleared her, then fell to the fastest damn (Kanto) Golem I have ever seen.

    Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    Nobeard wrote: »
    What kind of jerk offers a Boldore holding an Everstone? That trolling takes time and effort. Just... some people man.

    A lot of Boldore come with Everstones on them when caught, so they may not have noticed.

    Except if you box a freshly-caught mon in Sun/Moon it outright asks you what you want to do with its held item.

    EDIT: Ran into Cynthia in the Doubles Battle Tree. Was amused that I was able to precisely predict her four mons. Cleared her, then fell to the fastest damn (Kanto) Golem I have ever seen.

    Except if you're mashing B and not paying attention or you've turned off the Box question setting it defaults to keeping the item on them.

    Opty on
    QuantumShaddowGeneral_ArmchairStormwatcher
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    Nobeard wrote: »
    What kind of jerk offers a Boldore holding an Everstone? That trolling takes time and effort. Just... some people man.

    A lot of Boldore come with Everstones on them when caught, so they may not have noticed.

    Except if you box a freshly-caught mon in Sun/Moon it outright asks you what you want to do with its held item.

    EDIT: Ran into Cynthia in the Doubles Battle Tree. Was amused that I was able to precisely predict her four mons. Cleared her, then fell to the fastest damn (Kanto) Golem I have ever seen.

    Except if you're mashing B and not paying attention or you've turned off the Box question setting it defaults to keeping the item on them.

    Huh. Did not realize that you could turn that off. Withdrawn.

    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • CSStheGr8CSStheGr8 Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Does anyone have a HA Mareanie they'd be willing to trade? IVs and nature doesn't matter. I don't have much to offer other than a HA vulpix with moonblast or I could bread up some generic deino or honedge.

    Edit: Nevermind, managed to snag one.

    CSStheGr8 on
    3DS FC: 2363-6921-5075
  • TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Finding it really hard to motivate myself to island scan every day for the global festival, I feel like it's just yet another unattainable goal. Sad to see yet another potentially interesting feature languish.

    NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    Does Buzzwole suck or is it easy to get? I have gotten 2 of them by trading a popplio and a gengar and seen them going for easily caught pokemon.

    3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    You get multiple buzzwoles.

    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    TelMarine wrote: »
    Does Buzzwole suck or is it easy to get? I have gotten 2 of them by trading a popplio and a gengar and seen them going for easily caught pokemon.

    You get more than one of them in Sun and it doesn't seem to be greatly impressing people.

    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

    Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Also I don't know if he sucks or not, but I do know a x4 weakness to Flying is a hell of a thing to have.

    camo_sig2.png

    3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    TelMarine wrote: »
    Does Buzzwole suck or is it easy to get? I have gotten 2 of them by trading a popplio and a gengar and seen them going for easily caught pokemon.

    I've been watching several of the Regional Pokemon Tournaments online and Buzzwole is literally the only Ultrabeast that nobody used. I even saw a team that was literally just 6 UBs and Buzzy was the one they left out.

    TDawg
  • TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    I have 4 of them now, pretty diverse. I have an english version, italian version, french version, and japanese version.

    3ds: 4983-4935-4575
    TDawg
  • Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    CesareB wrote: »
    TelMarine wrote: »
    Does Buzzwole suck or is it easy to get? I have gotten 2 of them by trading a popplio and a gengar and seen them going for easily caught pokemon.

    I've been watching several of the Regional Pokemon Tournaments online and Buzzwole is literally the only Ultrabeast that nobody used. I even saw a team that was literally just 6 UBs and Buzzy was the one they left out.

    Awww, really? Buzzwole's the only UB I really like!

    At least it's helping me out in the Battle Tree...

  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Buzzwole is alright

    I've seen it a few times when watching VGC streams

    Yet to see a single Guzzlord

    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Are there any thoughts at all for when this month we might be seeing PokeBank for SM?

    Finally finished other games so I can get back into this but if pokebank is soon I kinda want to wait for that.

  • ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Guzzlord make's me sad

    He's just.. Not good at all which is sad because i love him

  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    He wouldnt be so bad as a wall if everyone wasnt running mimi and tapus.

  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Guzzlord is so slow and bad.
    Much giant mouth, little power. ;_;

  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    I beat E4 with three Gumshoos (Trump, Trumpina, Trumpanka), Toucannon (BIRDOOOO), Sexy Wrestler Fire Cat, and Thunder Bug Bus (Vikavolt).
    Used no ultra moves.

    I don't recommend what I did but I wanted to try the old catch the five pokemon you first encounter and take them all the way.

    Now I am working on Battle Tree. I can get to 20 but then that stupid fire moth wrecks my shit because it counters steel too well and it has regen. Once I hit 48 bp I will buy Rocky Helmet to increase stallage on Toxapex.

  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    IT'S JANUARY
    WHERE'S MY BANK SUPPORT

    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
    DemonStaceyJubal77Hexmage-PA
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    IT'S JANUARY
    WHERE'S MY BANK SUPPORT

    HOPEFULLY SOON!

    I have a multiscale EV maxed Dratini that I want to use in my party to finish out the main game but I'm getting tired of waiting and I wanna play nowwwwwww.

  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
  • QuantumShaddowQuantumShaddow Registered User regular
    3DS FC: 4441-8382-3645
    Switch: SW-7634-0399-6788

    QGqFhNv.png
  • TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    I expected Victory Road to be a lot longer. Like, wow. I always thought Victory Road was too long but they really went in the complete opposite direction.

    Guess I'm going to throw my Jangmo-o on Poke Pelago to get it up to speed with the rest of my team before tackling the Elite Four. Until then I'll work on Pokedex and maybe play some other games.

    NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
    Hexmage-PA
  • ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Alright folks. Got myself Sun for Christmas this year, and I just (finally) got around to beating the main story in Pokemon X. Sent friend registery thingies (I'm really illiterate with the 3DS still) to everyone on the front page and submitted my own.

    Haven't even booted up Sun (yet), as I'm educating myself on all the online related Pokemon stuff. Which, really, is me dragging my feet because I have a bad habit of wanting to give my access to personal favorite Pokemon to play through the story with and I'm being careful not to go overboard with it (and miss out on the funs of catching new Pokemon as I go along). I think if I can restrain myself to being able to give myself the tools to breed myself a Druddigon and Tyrunt, I'll be fine.

    Maybe.

    But I never bit the bullet and traded out my Seviper for Tyrunt while playing X (Shed Skin, Rest, Swagger, Sleep Talk, and Poison Jab is incredibly amusing and one of the few non-brute force builds I had in my lineup), and Druddigon I didn't even discover was a thing that existed until super late in the game and they're not catchable until freakin' Victory Road, but I find myself wanting a long-armed Allosaurus with sad little derp wings to play with.

    I also need to figure out how to safely trade my shiny Poliwhirl back to myself to make him a shiny Politoed. My first wild shiny since my first playthrough of Silver back when it came out. Seriously, I've now played every Pokemon game save BW2 and ORAS (though I really would like to pick it up sometime), and it's literally the second shiny I've ever encountered out in the wild, the previous being a Raticate.

    TDawg
  • TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Comradebot wrote: »
    I also need to figure out how to safely trade my shiny Poliwhirl back to myself to make him a shiny Politoed. My first wild shiny since my first playthrough of Silver back when it came out. Seriously, I've now played every Pokemon game save BW2 and ORAS (though I really would like to pick it up sometime), and it's literally the second shiny I've ever encountered out in the wild, the previous being a Raticate.

    If you have two games of the same generation but only one 3DS, you can put a useless mon like Caterpie etc. on GTS asking for Poliwhirl, then go to your other game, and trade your Poliwhirl on GTS for your Caterpie (make sure it is yours). (XYORAS can all trade together, but cannot trade with SM)

    Otherwise, ask politely and find someone you can trust.

    Had a few wondertrades firing off and got a Beast Ball Magikarp. This is one of those "technically possible but unlikely" situations, right?

    NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
    General_ArmchairTurambar
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    TDawg wrote: »
    Comradebot wrote: »
    I also need to figure out how to safely trade my shiny Poliwhirl back to myself to make him a shiny Politoed. My first wild shiny since my first playthrough of Silver back when it came out. Seriously, I've now played every Pokemon game save BW2 and ORAS (though I really would like to pick it up sometime), and it's literally the second shiny I've ever encountered out in the wild, the previous being a Raticate.

    If you have two games of the same generation but only one 3DS, you can put a useless mon like Caterpie etc. on GTS asking for Poliwhirl, then go to your other game, and trade your Poliwhirl on GTS for your Caterpie (make sure it is yours). (XYORAS can all trade together, but cannot trade with SM)

    Otherwise, ask politely and find someone you can trust.

    Had a few wondertrades firing off and got a Beast Ball Magikarp. This is one of those "technically possible but unlikely" situations, right?

    Eh, magikarp would be easy to put in one because of its base catch rate. A toss up really.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    TDawg
  • TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    TDawg wrote: »
    Comradebot wrote: »
    I also need to figure out how to safely trade my shiny Poliwhirl back to myself to make him a shiny Politoed. My first wild shiny since my first playthrough of Silver back when it came out. Seriously, I've now played every Pokemon game save BW2 and ORAS (though I really would like to pick it up sometime), and it's literally the second shiny I've ever encountered out in the wild, the previous being a Raticate.

    If you have two games of the same generation but only one 3DS, you can put a useless mon like Caterpie etc. on GTS asking for Poliwhirl, then go to your other game, and trade your Poliwhirl on GTS for your Caterpie (make sure it is yours). (XYORAS can all trade together, but cannot trade with SM)

    Otherwise, ask politely and find someone you can trust.

    Had a few wondertrades firing off and got a Beast Ball Magikarp. This is one of those "technically possible but unlikely" situations, right?

    Eh, magikarp would be easy to put in one because of its base catch rate. A toss up really.

    I'm going to pretend its legit then because Beast Ball Gyarados sounds rad.

    NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Beast Balls have a 0.5x catch rate on all non-UBs, so if you can throw a ball at it, why not?

    Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
    General_Armchair
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Zetx wrote: »
    Beast Balls have a 0.5x catch rate on all non-UBs, so if you can throw a ball at it, why not?

    .1x. So...

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    It's jan now! Give my my pokebank! I MISS MAH BABIES!

    akjak
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I never underestimate people. I have seen a few BB pokemon come through wonder trade. They give you a ton of them and it is not that hard to soft reset :)

    TDawgHexmage-PA
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    It's mostly the beast ball beldums that are suspect. People use inefficient balls all the time because they like the anesthetics. I know that I like to catch stuff in dive balls because I like the blue color.


    Beast balls get passed down by breeding right? I don't think that they're restricted like cherish balls.

    So someone may have caught a pokemon in a beast ball because they thought it would look cool and then started the usual eugenics program followed by wonder trading off the remainder.

    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    It's mostly the beast ball beldums that are suspect. People use inefficient balls all the time because they like the anesthetics.

    Yeah, people go crazy for the sedatives

    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    TDawgFuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudHexmage-PAIanatorQuantumShaddowComradebotLucedesStormwatcherVyolynceXerink
  • TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Yeah, I just wasn't sure. I checked on Serebii and says its a 0.1x catch rate compared to the normal 1x Pokeball.

    BRB, all Beast Ball Team incoming.

    edit: also apparently you can get extras from a certain character so, if you are patient, you will never run out, which is nice.

    TDawg on
    NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    It's mostly the beast ball beldums that are suspect. People use inefficient balls all the time because they like the anesthetics.

    Yeah, people go crazy for the sedatives

    Autocorrect is dumb. You know what I mean?

    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    Yeah a beast ball alone isn't all that suspicious. I mean after your done with the UBs what else are you going to use them for?

    Hexmage-PAJubal77Turambar
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    If I get one more stupid Magikarp from WT I swear... Ugh.

    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
Sign In or Register to comment.