As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Game of the Year with your pals at Giant Bomb

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I mean at least Dan asks questions

he's an ignorant idiot but at least he makes some sort of effort to understand things

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    I am into the episodic complex tomb idea for tomb Raider

I would greatly miss the environments around the tombs. Running around a big open environment and finding stuff is a big draw for me.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Dan is a shining reminder to people that the schools of the nation are not equal

liEt3nH.png
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    It sounds like this guy you all worship is a dumbass

He is selectively intelligent, you could say.

Any deficiencies he has are more than made up by the fact that he is an earnest, fun, and entertaining guy.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Dan is a shining reminder to people that the schools of the nation are not equal

i mean, the dude went to KU.

he just didn't really care to engage ever. which, shrug i guess. i've mostly gotten over my "dan is basically the luckiest human alive" complex.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Yeah, Dan at least tries on occasion to understand/try new things, unlike his Dad being fully set in his ways and not wanting change. This gave us the great Austin "reaction" to Dan saying that sour cream is good.

However, this does not necessarily mean that NewDan is real.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Yeah, Dan at least tries on occasion to understand/try new things, unlike his Dad being fully set in his ways and not wanting change. This gave us the great Austin "reaction" to Dan saying that sour cream is good.

However, this does not necessarily mean that NewDan is real.

NewDan is a lie

long live NewDan

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    I remember for a good year after tomb raider everyone was "you GOTTA play tomb raider"

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Dan is a modern day Sherlock Holmes. Does the knowledge that the earth revolves around the sun get in the way of Dan eating Taco Bell? Hell no!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I mean at least Dan asks questions

he's an ignorant idiot but at least he makes some sort of effort to understand things

Yeah, but I wish he would ask those questions on his own time instead of during video content because that shit is interminable.

• RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Dan talk gets a bit old for me when its just people acting like shitheads vindictively punching down at him.

And the guy has provided so much enjoyable content for Giantbomb that its impossible for him to not be my favorite addition to the site in the last five years or so. Probably since waaaaay back when Brad and Vinny both showed up on the podcast coming off of a period where Jeff and Ryan were still reviewing energy drinks honestly. And goddamn does it ever suck that we never got much of Dan and Ryan together!

NNID: Rehab0
    I'm sad Austin left before Dan moved to NY, because the few interactions we got between them were amazing.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I'm sad Austin left before Dan moved to NY, because the few interactions we got between them were amazing.

the nice thing is that austin can show up whenever he gets more than half a second of time away from waypoint (unlikely to happen much until after this e3)

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    I remember for a good year after tomb raider everyone was "you GOTTA play tomb raider"

It was and I think still is quite good

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Dan is a clever guy who just never learned a bunch of stuff. He's not stupid, just unknowledgable about (many) things. I'm the same way in a lot of cases. I stil have trouble with names and faces of my extended coworkers, but good lord can I remember really pointless details from a zillion videogames, movies, tv shows and comic books.

I'm sure Dan could school any of us in Wrestling knowledge.

Undead Scottsman on
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Jars wrote: »

It was and I think still is quite good

It's one of my favorite games from 2013

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    The west coast office just isn't terribly good at informing Dan of things in funny ways. I really appreciate Vinny fucking with him and Alex being humorously upset. Austin would have been a great third foil for Dan as the actually informative one but Alex and Vinny kind of have to double team that.

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    one of my all time favorite moments was austin's reaction to dan saying "in the beginning"

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Dan is a clever guy who just never learned a bunch of stuff. He's not stupid, just unknowledgable about (many) things. I'm the same way in a lot of cases. I stil have trouble with names and faces of my extended coworkers, but good lord can I remember really pointless details from a zillion videogames, movies, tv shows and comic books.

I'm sure Dan could school any of us in Wrestling knowledge.

Dan's ignorance doesn't bother me nearly as much as his stubbornness. Specifically, the times when he asks a dumb question, then someone takes the time to actually explain the answer, and he just does his whole 'that's not how that works, it's a damn blah blah blah, you can't do this by doing that!' schtick.

Like dude you asked a question, they're trying to explain it, shut the fuck up for a second. It's not funny and it's definitely not endearing.

Him being stubborn about food and other life experiences is kinda whatever though. Your life and your loss dude, go with God.

Dan being stubborn about food was forever vindicated by Vinny's reaction to Dan considering Chipotle burritos "a little ritzy".

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    one of my all time favorite moments was austin's reaction to dan saying "in the beginning"

Fuck where is that from, need to hear that again.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

Fuck where is that from, need to hear that again.

It was the beastcast episode with the science quiz

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Hey, Tube, is this thread going back in the box again after we hit 100 or can we have another?

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    What's heavier, a pound of feathers or a pound of bricks

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    Hey, Tube, is this thread going back in the box again after we hit 100 or can we have another?

Unless things changed, it's going back in the box.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The history of SE++ is the history of the Calamity Giant Bomb Thread

6F32U1X.png
    alex is actually worse about science I think because he will act like he knows something and be condescending about it when he is in fact totally whiffing it

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

(frankly I don't know why we were allowed to have this one since we always get one for the holiday merge anyway and this one has lasted well past its original purpose)

6F32U1X.png
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    we couldn't have a holiday one this year but we could have this one

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    I mean...do you really want to go into the GB forums? This one is really cozy!
    Despite being a premium member I never have posted there tbh.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    alex is actually worse about science I think because he will act like he knows something and be condescending about it when he is in fact totally whiffing it

Oh the way Rorie is about everything?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    matthew rorie is a nice lad

PNk1Ml4.png

(frankly I don't know why we were allowed to have this one since we always get one for the holiday merge anyway and this one has lasted well past its original purpose)

the holiday one went to shit basically instantly. this one lasted almost a month and has been quite nice.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    To be fair to Dan he's accidentally right
    Schrodinger's Cat was a thought experiment designed to highlight how absurd it is to try and apply quantum phenomena to the macro level world, because obviously a cat can't be both alive and dead

Grey Ghost wrote: »
    To be fair to Dan he's accidentally right
    Schrodinger's Cat was a thought experiment designed to highlight how absurd it is to try and apply quantum phenomena to the macro level world, because obviously a cat can't be both alive and dead

you just don't have a small enough cat.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Fire Emblem Direct is starting

EDIT: This is not the Nintendo thread...

Peewi on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    Yeah a lot of people are unaware of the fact that Schrodinger's Cat is kind of a gag. It's more often referenced as a Serious Science Thing

This discussion has been closed.