Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

City [chat]

19495969798100»

Posts

  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    a super funny thing that happens with my wife is patients flirt with her at work constantly

    when that starts to become less playful flirting and more like, he's making a semi-serious move or testing the waters, she will "my husband" a conversation

    if he... uh... keeps going after that? like tosses her his number or asks for hers or whatever after that?

    he's a complete write-off to her, like he's lost all charm. prior to that, if he bails out, she might actually speak well of him and consider his flirting endearing

    but if she openly points out she's married and he goes for the punt anyway, fuck that guy

    it's kind of gross how many guys will do that too

    it's super fucking gross!

    it just speaks fucking volumes about their views on all kinds of shit and ugh

    Chanus
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Nurse, Veteran, Army Mom, Ficus, Space Dad, Survivor Contestant God Bless This Mess Registered User regular
    fiancee is touchy and a big flirt
    once he kissed a dude at a convention
    he came to me in tears
    and I was like
    .....its....its okay.....
    because it didn't bother me at all
    he also travels a lot but we have had the convo re: monogamy and traveling and so far we are both faithful to each other 100%
    except when I bare my butt to chat
    but that doesn't count

    skippydumptruck
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    Hrm. That Scalzi thing is fraught with issues. His "test" places the onus on the reader to determine if a given activity passed an internal subjective threshold, but assumes the reader can accurately gauge their partner's reaction to the activity.

    Scenario:
    Alice cybers with a dude in her favorite MMO. She does not tell her husband, Bob, because she thinks he'd get mad about it. After weeks of guilt, she finally tells Bob, only to find out that he really doesn't care, so long as she's not having sex with other people.

    Now, look at Scalzi's test. The onus is on Alice to determine what Bob's reaction will be to a thing, and the question is not even "would your partner think this is cheating", but rather "would you tell your partner". Alice now needs to make a subjective valuation on how she feels about her action, and a second subjective and uninformed valuation on how Bob would react.

    Purely as a test, it's a terrible metric and prone to far too much error to be of any scientific use.

    Pony
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Depends, is the test you're fucking on lying on a desk or on the floor

    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I fucking hate you Canadians.
    Havelock2.0Grape Ape
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    Fans have long imagined a more devious version of Hermione who readily embraces rule-breaking. That’s partly why she’s frequently paired romantically with Draco Malfoy in fanfiction, in a couple known as Dramione.

    Hmm I see ok

    Slytherin Hermione
    xiVXrCDl.jpg

    Really, it's absolutely a joke that Hermione isn't in Ravenclaw

    If she isn't, why does the house exist

    She was a hero type genius. Ravenclaw is for anti social nerds geniuses.

  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Ok so no more spots but my I'm basically still doing a real great impression of Tweak from south park

    Doctor bb

  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    an important part of evaluating fluidity is determining the properties of the flow

    for example, whether it is lamellar or turbulent

    the Reynolds number is an important parameter that helps us evaluate where on the lamellar-turbulent scale a particular flow falls, and is calculated thusly:

    R = p * v * L / u where R is the Reynolds number, p is the fluid density, v is the fluid velocity, L is the characteristic length and u is the dynamic viscosity of the fluid

    Isn't lamellar when they have the things that shoot out water and it stays in a line.

    That's pretty rad.
    TehSloth wrote: »
    an important part of evaluating fluidity is determining the properties of the flow

    for example, whether it is lamellar or turbulent

    the Reynolds number is an important parameter that helps us evaluate where on the lamellar-turbulent scale a particular flow falls, and is calculated thusly:

    R = p * v * L / u where R is the Reynolds number, p is the fluid density, v is the fluid velocity, L is the characteristic length and u is the dynamic viscosity of the fluid

    Isn't lamellar when they have the things that shoot out water and it stays in a line.

    That's pretty rad.

    ya lamellar flow is where the fluid moves in parallel layers, with friction between layers. the analogy I think of is traffic in separate lanes during rush hour, where a nearby lane may be slowed by merging traffic from an on-ramp but each lane is running in parallel.

    this may not be perfectly accurate as I do 0 fluid dynamics stuff and just had to learn it in undergrad as part of my degree

    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    i wonder how much more successful my life would have been if i had realized my sexuality maybe ten years earlier and stopped trying to pursue relationships just because i thought that's what i was supposed to do

    I don't know how successful your life would have been but ten years ago we'd have fucked in a tent.


    Arch wrote: »

    I never expected this burn from captain bushmeat
    Chanus
  • simonwolfsimonwolf there was a silence you took to mean somethingRegistered User regular
    goodbye sweet chat

    ChanusOnTheLastCastlefirewaterword
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Is just the tip cheating?

    Depends on what % is tip vs shaft.

    like 65%

    Definitely cheating.

    Also, I'm sorry.

    no it's like 10" and 65% tip

    I repeat, I'm sorry.

    Also, see a doctor.

    desc wrote: »
    ~ * ~ Week-Long Dance-a-thon Booty Ribbon ~ * ~
    Chanus
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    siiiiigh someone found the secret hidden URL i tried to challenge shark with and now i'm playing a 1672 guy and getting destroyed fuck chess

    i'd beat him at magic!

    I'm a published writer and have a very unique and interesting writing style. I'm also sharp and witty. My profile is well-written and hilarious. My messages are likewise brilliant. And I've been doing this stuff for...four or five years. I know what "works" in terms of good internet dating writing. "Works" in the sense of leading to a "date" with a human female.

    twitch.tv/onthelastcastle
    spool32Element Brian
  • ChanusChanus Sugoi! ^_____^Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    Hrm. That Scalzi thing is fraught with issues. His "test" places the onus on the reader to determine if a given activity passed an internal subjective threshold, but assumes the reader can accurately gauge their partner's reaction to the activity.

    Scenario:
    Alice cybers with a dude in her favorite MMO. She does not tell her husband, Bob, because she thinks he'd get mad about it. After weeks of guilt, she finally tells Bob, only to find out that he really doesn't care, so long as she's not having sex with other people.

    Now, look at Scalzi's test. The onus is on Alice to determine what Bob's reaction will be to a thing, and the question is not even "would your partner think this is cheating", but rather "would you tell your partner". Alice now needs to make a subjective valuation on how she feels about her action, and a second subjective and uninformed valuation on how Bob would react.

    Purely as a test, it's a terrible metric and prone to far too much error to be of any scientific use.

    you wouldn't tell a car

    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    HounPreacher
  • ChanusChanus Sugoi! ^_____^Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Is just the tip cheating?

    Depends on what % is tip vs shaft.

    like 65%

    Definitely cheating.

    Also, I'm sorry.

    no it's like 10" and 65% tip

    I repeat, I'm sorry.

    Also, see a doctor.

    i did he had terrible depth perception

    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    Havelock2.0DemonStacey
  • Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Registered User regular
    Geth summon the meteors

    HAVELOCK2.0! NEW LOOK, SAME TASTE!
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    fiancee is touchy and a big flirt
    once he kissed a dude at a convention
    he came to me in tears
    and I was like
    .....its....its okay.....
    because it didn't bother me at all
    he also travels a lot but we have had the convo re: monogamy and traveling and so far we are both faithful to each other 100%
    except when I bare my butt to chat
    but that doesn't count

    i would kiss your handsome future husband hue hue hue hue hue

    his mustache would tickle

    I'm a published writer and have a very unique and interesting writing style. I'm also sharp and witty. My profile is well-written and hilarious. My messages are likewise brilliant. And I've been doing this stuff for...four or five years. I know what "works" in terms of good internet dating writing. "Works" in the sense of leading to a "date" with a human female.

    twitch.tv/onthelastcastle
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    siiiiigh someone found the secret hidden URL i tried to challenge shark with and now i'm playing a 1672 guy and getting destroyed fuck chess

    i'd beat him at magic!

    lol im p sure you just made a public challenge for whoever wanted to take it

    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    Is it cheating to look upon another women with lust in your heart?

    spoiler: the answer is yes.

    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    I'm gonna saaaay ... over 160 launches attempted worldwide in 2019. Someone record that somewhere!
  • simonwolfsimonwolf there was a silence you took to mean somethingRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Houn wrote: »
    Hrm. That Scalzi thing is fraught with issues. His "test" places the onus on the reader to determine if a given activity passed an internal subjective threshold, but assumes the reader can accurately gauge their partner's reaction to the activity.

    Scenario:
    Alice cybers with a dude in her favorite MMO. She does not tell her husband, Bob, because she thinks he'd get mad about it. After weeks of guilt, she finally tells Bob, only to find out that he really doesn't care, so long as she's not having sex with other people.

    Now, look at Scalzi's test. The onus is on Alice to determine what Bob's reaction will be to a thing, and the question is not even "would your partner think this is cheating", but rather "would you tell your partner". Alice now needs to make a subjective valuation on how she feels about her action, and a second subjective and uninformed valuation on how Bob would react.

    Purely as a test, it's a terrible metric and prone to far too much error to be of any scientific use.

    you wouldn't tell a car

    don't kinkshame

    Chanus
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Yawn

  • Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Registered User regular
    Geth


    The meteors

    HAVELOCK2.0! NEW LOOK, SAME TASTE!
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudGrape Ape
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    an important part of evaluating fluidity is determining the properties of the flow

    for example, whether it is lamellar or turbulent

    the Reynolds number is an important parameter that helps us evaluate where on the lamellar-turbulent scale a particular flow falls, and is calculated thusly:

    R = p * v * L / u where R is the Reynolds number, p is the fluid density, v is the fluid velocity, L is the characteristic length and u is the dynamic viscosity of the fluid

    Isn't lamellar when they have the things that shoot out water and it stays in a line.

    That's pretty rad.
    TehSloth wrote: »
    an important part of evaluating fluidity is determining the properties of the flow

    for example, whether it is lamellar or turbulent

    the Reynolds number is an important parameter that helps us evaluate where on the lamellar-turbulent scale a particular flow falls, and is calculated thusly:

    R = p * v * L / u where R is the Reynolds number, p is the fluid density, v is the fluid velocity, L is the characteristic length and u is the dynamic viscosity of the fluid

    Isn't lamellar when they have the things that shoot out water and it stays in a line.

    That's pretty rad.

    ya lamellar flow is where the fluid moves in parallel layers, with friction between layers. the analogy I think of is traffic in separate lanes during rush hour, where a nearby lane may be slowed by merging traffic from an on-ramp but each lane is running in parallel.

    this may not be perfectly accurate as I do 0 fluid dynamics stuff and just had to learn it in undergrad as part of my degree

    yeah I pretty much instantaneously forgot everything about fluid dynamics as soon as I was done with thermo

    syndalis wrote: »
    Apple is a terrible company.
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    siiiiigh someone found the secret hidden URL i tried to challenge shark with and now i'm playing a 1672 guy and getting destroyed fuck chess

    i'd beat him at magic!

    Is chess trolling a thing? Just trying out all the possible room combinations and then stomping people.

    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Geth


    The meteors

    Careful in case you get Sephiroth Meteor and this engenders the anime

  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    ok time for my weekly penis inspection

  • Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Registered User regular
    GODDAMMIT GETH

    SUMMON THE METEORS

    HAVELOCK2.0! NEW LOOK, SAME TASTE!
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know Texas booniesRegistered User regular
    Is it cheating to look upon another women with lust in your heart?

    spoiler: the answer is yes.

    welp

    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (GHOST), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    whe. You think about it Herminie should be Ravenclaw and Ron should totally be Hufflepuff

  • ChanusChanus Sugoi! ^_____^Registered User regular
    i bet if i try to post one more time the thread will close

    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
  • ChanusChanus Sugoi! ^_____^Registered User regular
    or not

    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    siiiiigh someone found the secret hidden URL i tried to challenge shark with and now i'm playing a 1672 guy and getting destroyed fuck chess

    i'd beat him at magic!

    lol im p sure you just made a public challenge for whoever wanted to take it

    no i would never!

    I'm a published writer and have a very unique and interesting writing style. I'm also sharp and witty. My profile is well-written and hilarious. My messages are likewise brilliant. And I've been doing this stuff for...four or five years. I know what "works" in terms of good internet dating writing. "Works" in the sense of leading to a "date" with a human female.

    twitch.tv/onthelastcastle
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    i bet if i try to post one more time the thread will close

    nope

    919UOwT.png
    ChanusFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Meteor.

  • simonwolfsimonwolf there was a silence you took to mean somethingRegistered User regular
    ripossible

  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    some couples consider porn cheating

    this is usually heterosexual couples, and it's usually the woman who thinks this, and generally because other women have told her so

    but not always

  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was speeding through space at warp 5.5

    @OnTheLastCastle will create the new thread
    @Houn is backup

This discussion has been closed.