As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

City [chat]

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Atomika wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »
    the problem with queer is that it makes me feel vaguely like an old timey bigot using it

just don't say "them queers"
    the worst part is that i've hesitated before saying queer (because not sure if that's the appropriate nomenclature in the situation), which then just makes it seem like i am looking around the room and checking to see if it's okay to say something bigoted
    *dies*

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    oh my god @podly there's going to be another Always Sunny musical episode

• Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    I'm still not convinced that we're going to move back to a more spread out populace because of telecommuting/automation.

At the base level most people are too dang shitty at computers to handle working from home unless you want your IT guys driving around constantly to plug their monitors in for them.

but also I don't think the major barrier to wide adoption of work-from-home is like, management style and attitude (butts in seats = work!)
    it's management skill; managing a work-from-home team is considerably harder and most management isn't very good at their job to begin with

That is why I said it won't be our generation. Or even our kids. But more our grandchildren and great grandchildren. It would be on the back end of the current social realignment due to automation.

If the rising sea levels don't force people out first.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    there is literally no one in my office right now

*sips coffee*

Same

*sip*

Why don't y'all just take a month off?

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    Marinara? Gross.
    Ricotta? Gross.
    Big, bland noodlebread? Gross.
    Grease, everywhere? Gross.

The math checks out.

okay but see I've identified a few errors in your calculations here

line one should read Marinara= Delicious
    Line two should read Ricotta = Delicious
    Line three should read Big Slices of Noodles = Delicious
    Line four should read Grease= Delicious

you are broken

all of you are broken

broken

broke'd

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    telecommuting won't make cities less dense

it will just make it so people don't have to live in the city where they work

or companies don't have to be physically located in expensive urban locations if their base does not need to be customer-facing

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Havelock this is the first time ive ever agreed with an exterminatus request

LASAGNA IS GROSS

HOT TAKE

2gjruxul445t.png

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    I'm still not convinced that we're going to move back to a more spread out populace because of telecommuting/automation.

At the base level most people are too dang shitty at computers to handle working from home unless you want your IT guys driving around constantly to plug their monitors in for them.

but also I don't think the major barrier to wide adoption of work-from-home is like, management style and attitude (butts in seats = work!)
    it's management skill; managing a work-from-home team is considerably harder and most management isn't very good at their job to begin with

That is why I said it won't be our generation. Or even our kids. But more our grandchildren and great grandchildren. It would be on the back end of the current social realignment due to automation.

Maybe...but on the other hands, living in cities makes it easier to receive automated living services, like grocery store deliveries and other things that might increase in the future.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

also I worked from home exclusively for years and did very little work during that time so management isn't wrong, per se

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Someone in Europe really wants my google account. Heh.

Dont know how common it is general but i seem to get a message on my phone about blocked attempts every other week.

I keep getting notifications about my Yahoo account which I can't even get into myself anymore.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular

Close. They'll be nomads wandering the wasteland in search of food and supplies, constantly following the herds of mutant cow-beasts.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Making good food just requires a bit of patience. Been getting back into cooking again. Made some wonderful wheat bread. Made some decent Pizza dough. Both yeast of course. Sunday night I made some orange chicken and rice. Was easy just time consuming. In the end I had crispy breaded rice and a thick orange spicy asian style sauce on top of it.

Last night the GF and I made stuffed turkey meatballs and pasta with baby spinach.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    there is literally no one in my office right now

*sips coffee*

Same

*sip*

My department is here, but I think we're the only ones.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    the problem with queer is that it makes me feel vaguely like an old timey bigot using it

do you pronounce it like 'queah'

• Options
    or do you always append it with 'as a three dollar bill'

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I would love to telecommute but even ignoring the technical difficulties many people would face I can't help but feel it really would decrease productivity a lot. I guess a lot of that feeling probably comes from expecting people to hesistate to contact management for direction, which may fall under "technical difficulties" if people just don't like using messenger or are bad at reading emails promptly.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Havelock this is the first time ive ever agreed with an exterminatus request

LASAGNA IS GROSS

HOT TAKE
    wait a minute that don't figure out right

this time you've gone too far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OToWh3nrWn8

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    If everyone is poor, and everyone lives in cities, why can't I afford to live in a city

• Options
    fif

• Options

just don't say "them queers"
    the worst part is that i've hesitated before saying queer (because not sure if that's the appropriate nomenclature in the situation), which then just makes it seem like i am looking around the room and checking to see if it's okay to say something bigoted
    *dies*

this reminds me of when my mom pauses and looks around before saying, "African-American Gentleman" like she's the queen of England and somehow saying it like a posh weirdo makes it less racist

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

no, see, I'm saying management is never going to get good enough to handle it
    companies with a majority local workforce will outperform those with remote workforces

especially as automation increases and labor becomes worth less and less, companies have no need to align themselves to the workers interests
    they can set up shop wherever property tax is the cheapest and say "come here and work" and people will come

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

do you pronounce it like 'queah'

"as gay as springtime"

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Is it still pie if it's not in a pie dish

no it's cobbler

oh man this sounds exactly like the kind of conversation chat loves

buckle up boiz

i did this one in real life and no it wasn't pretty. more cobbler vs. crumble though.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I wonder if Passengers will become a rallying cry for people on reddit.

"How dare people disagree with this delightful tale!"

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    So I played through the first chapter of FFXV and I think I'm done with it.

It's horrendous on every single level except two: evoking the feeling of driving somewhere with your bros, which is mildly pleasing until any of these idiots opens their mouths, and the combat system, which is kind of okay at best and honestly I'd rather play a traditional time attack system.

It's so bad it's embarrassing to play. I would be ashamed if someone saw me playing it. It's also very ugly!

Feels like a shitty Capcom side license game from the early 2000s.

• Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I wonder if Passengers will become a rallying cry for people on reddit.

"How dare people disagree with this delightful tale!"

I really wanted to see that.

Then I learned about the really skeevy part.

Now I don't.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    fvgka45qrnts.jpg

I for one welcome our new Dragon overlords.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular

It's horrendous on every single level except two: evoking the feeling of driving somewhere with your bros, which is mildly pleasing until any of these idiots opens their mouths, and the combat system, which is kind of okay at best and honestly I'd rather play a traditional time attack system.

It's so bad it's embarrassing to play. I would be ashamed if someone saw me playing it. It's also very ugly!

It's a great game.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »

Maybe...but on the other hands, living in cities makes it easier to receive automated living services, like grocery store deliveries and other things that might increase in the future.

I don't see a full reversal of trend to say us equalizing out to where we were in say 1900 or even 1920.

But a flattening or slight reversal leading to more of an equalization of the population between the two.

Also the automation and such might lead to more conveniences in the rural populations as well especially with things like delivery drones actually functioning reducing the travel time.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

"Ugly" is not a very common complaint of FFXV. Expand?

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    It's also very ugly!

disagree
    96JGTXJ.jpg

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    telecommuting actually boosts my productivity immensely because i'm not constantly being interrupted by adults who i can't believe are able to tie their own shoes without assistance

but i'm not allowed to telecommute because "other people will get jealous"

so i guess pay me the same to get less done, that's fine with me i guess

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Now that 'faithless electors' are no longer a possibility, I'm holding out hope for 'the return of magic and of the great dragon Dunkelzahn'

Fingers crossed!

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Someone in Europe really wants my google account.

Dont know how common it is general but i seem to get a message on my phone about blocked attempts every other week.

Someone just signed up for some auction site using my gmail with the same username. I logged in and deleted it.

Then someone tried to reset my Pandora password...like four times.

THIS IS MY USERNAME DAMNIT

• Options
    TL DR wrote: »
    Now that 'faithless electors' are no longer a possibility, I'm holding out hope for 'the return of magic and of the great dragon Dunkelzahn'

Fingers crossed!

at least as likely i suppose

• Options
    isn't FFIVX a kitchen sim?

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    as a creep,

as a weirdo,

• Options
    Drez wrote: »

It's a great game.

You're a neurotic collectophile completionist, though, so your calibrations are very different

I can't imagine listening to that dialogue or voice acting for one moment longer. I think it will give me brain damage.

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    telecommuting actually boosts my productivity immensely because i'm not constantly being interrupted by adults who i can't believe are able to tie their own shoes without assistance

but i'm not allowed to telecommute because "other people will get jealous"

so i guess pay me the same to get less done, that's fine with me i guess

chanus who will tie their shoes without you there though? their excuse is a ruse.

• Options
    Drez wrote: »

It's a great game.

You're a neurotic collectophile completionist, though, so your calibrations are very different

I can't imagine listening to that dialogue or voice acting for one moment longer. I think it will give me brain damage.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6pUItkELXM

This discussion has been closed.