As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Friday the 13th : The Game] - Jason lives ... you wont. Out now PS4/Steam/Xbone

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Not having any luck connecting to a server right now.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• GhlinnGhlinn Registered User regular
    Yeah I wasn't either, I'm around if we have the people to do some private games though.

steam_sig.png
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Between me, Fantastico, DUE, Ghlinn, M.D., and I believe joshofalltrades soon, we should have enough people to get a few good games in.

I'm currently in a lobby, so someone else should start it up. Send me an invite and I'm there.

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Between me, Fantastico, DUE, Ghlinn, M.D., and I believe joshofalltrades soon, we should have enough people to get a few good games in.

I'm currently in a lobby, so someone else should start it up. Send me an invite and I'm there.

Okay starting a private game now. My steam is in my sig. it looks like we have 3 right now.

steam_sig.png
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    We have about 5 folks in a lobby if there are any others wanting to join

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I'll be available here in 5-10

My load screen Tip just said that Flare Guns can be used to spot Jason on the map, I know I saw him on the map before with noone around him so I think that is correct. We were trying to figure that out earlier.

steam_sig.png
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    My body is ready

• FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Did people get extra keys to send out for this, or is it strictly if you've purchased?

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
    Some people should still have extra keys. Maybe @Cruor

I have an extra key Figgy.

It's my last one though!

PMing it to you

We have a group going now if anybody wants some good clean family fun

El Fantastico
    @El Fantastico I'm not friends with you on Steam but you should add me so I can invite you in!

• FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the key @joshofalltrades !

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
    joshofalltrades
    GGs tonight guys.

Y'all should really stay out of the water when AquaJason is after you.

Kristmas Kthulhu
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    They should give that Jason a snorkel, swim trunks, and water wings outfit.

joshofalltradesDasUberEdward
    Or just a speedo

Yeah it was a lot of fun and a lot easier then trying to quick play , It's nice that you still get xp in the private games.

steam_sig.png
    Good games tonight guys. Lots of fun learning how things work.

steam_sig.png
    If I start near the island, I just need to learn to book it, because that seems to be the #1 spot to start killing horny teenagers.

• Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Despite a heavy college workload, I'm so in if anyone can spare a key.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
    edited December 2016
    Beta is over :(

joshofalltrades on
    Kristmas KthulhuKoopahTroopah
    Craaaaap! Oh well, sounds like everyone likes how the game is shaping up, which makes me happy.

There's a survey up if you played the beta to give the developers feedback. Look at their twitter page for deets.

Release date is now apparently Spring 2017.

That's good. They still have a bit of work to do for sure.

For what it was, the beta ran pretty good, short of a few game-breaking glitches.

My favourite ones are the ones where getting out of an upturned car would leave the player upside down too, but that's more of a graphical nuisance than a gamebreaker.

3-5 months to iron some of that out, put in some extra maps, balance some of the counselor stats, I can see the game being a hit.

Kristmas Kthulhu
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I hope with th delay we'll get a few more Jason's as well. Like Uber Jason, FvJ Jason, and Remake Jason.

I know from the kickstarter updates part of the delay is they wanted to add some single player stuff like Bot Match and such. So it will hopefully feel like a more complete game on launch.

I should really go back and rewatch all of these

I like that there were counselor archetypes, like the Bookworm, the Popular, the Athlete, the Preppy Jock, the Rocker, but I almost kind of wish there'd be a Build-A-Counselor that you can level, say up to 30, and allocate the stat points yourself.

You might end up with a lot of FotM builds, especially since Stamina and Speed seem really strong, and if you can couple that with Stealth, then you're pretty well set, but then it's up to the devs to make the other attributes more useful in the game. An Intelligence of 10 can be very valuable in the right situations. Most of the other stats seemed superfluous though. Strength doesn't feel like it does enough. Luck feels arbitrary. Composure is great to have, until that time Jason walks by you not able to detect you, but your counselor gives your location away. I'm still so super upset by that one time...

• darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Some more updates for Friday the 13th, throwing Knives, Part 8 Jason and The Misfits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ-_7bL2f78

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    KoopahTroopahCapt Howdy
    darkmayo wrote: »
    Some more updates for Friday the 13th, throwing Knives, Part 8 Jason and The Misfits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ-_7bL2f78

heh

steam_sig.png
    Love it.

Have they talked about customizing Jason's perks, similar to the counselors? I feel like that would make for some interesting choices as long as some of them were mutually exclusive.

Faster move speed OR longer-lasting Sense. Long-range attacks OR lower cool down on Morph. Have each version of Jason have a different talent tree so they're not just reskins.

I still am not really a fan of Shift, nor how easy it is to camp the phone box, but boy did I have fun with that beta.

I imagine the phone box problem at least will be alleviated with more victory conditions for the counselors.

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Have they talked about customizing Jason's perks, similar to the counselors? I feel like that would make for some interesting choices as long as some of them were mutually exclusive.

Faster move speed OR longer-lasting Sense. Long-range attacks OR lower cool down on Morph. Have each version of Jason have a different talent tree so they're not just reskins.

I still am not really a fan of Shift, nor how easy it is to camp the phone box, but boy did I have fun with that beta.

I imagine the phone box problem at least will be alleviated with more victory conditions for the counselors.

Every Jason has Pros and Cons. For example Jason Part 3 from the beta had bonus to Sprinting but moved slower in water. He also had like better sense but morph had a slower recharge. If I'm remembering it right. But it would seem each Jason has 3 pros and cons making them slightly unique.

KoopahTroopah

Every Jason has Pros and Cons. For example Jason Part 3 from the beta had bonus to Sprinting but moved slower in water. He also had like better sense but morph had a slower recharge. If I'm remembering it right. But it would seem each Jason has 3 pros and cons making them slightly unique.

yea each one had different traits and different kills you could unlock (which I suppose is just aesthetics)

With this video it looks like Jason can pickup different weapons? I see the machete on his belt and a harpoon? or perhaps the machete is the throwing knives and his main weapon is the harpoon.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    Right, I remember that each Jason had different perks. I was wondering if they were considering customization of those perks.

Right, I remember that each Jason had different perks. I was wondering if they were considering customization of those perks.

Not that I have seen, likely they want to keep each flavour of Jason it's own thing to balance with perked out counsellors. Could be wrong though

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    darkmayo wrote: »

yea each one had different traits and different kills you could unlock (which I suppose is just aesthetics)

With this video it looks like Jason can pickup different weapons? I see the machete on his belt and a harpoon? or perhaps the machete is the throwing knives and his main weapon is the harpoon.

That's the CJ Graham Jason from part 6. He used a machete, a spear, and a hunting knife which he throws. He also folds the sherif in half. I assume he is a bit quicker than any of the Hodder Jasons will be.

Hodder Jason just has such an amazing beefy presence

Hodder Jason just has such an amazing beefy presence

Put Hodder behind a mask and you'll get nothing but intensity and presence.
    If you ever get the chance watch Hatchet. In the behind the scenes the cast is talking about how Kane Hodder refused to interact with them on set. Kane explains it that if he got to know these kids he would never be able to do what he needs to do to get good scares out of them.

Apparently in Hatchet the first time they ever see Hodder in makeup is the graveyard scene. As the director is giving them direction you can hear Kane in the background yelling and banging on mausoleums getting in character. When he rushes them on cue he scares them so badly they forgot how they were supposed to react.

He just knows how to emote so well behind a mask and the fact he gave Jason a lot of his defining traits from behind a hockey mask says something to his ability to emote with just his breathing and body language.

Kristmas Kthulhu