Options

so how long did it take you to realize

245

Posts

  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Who pronounces SE as "cee" anyway wouldn't it be more like "sé"

  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I get the pun, but I'd still say it ess e plus plus.

  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Who pronounces SE as "cee" anyway wouldn't it be more like "sé"

    people who want to make up puns where there are none. that's who.

    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I think I actually thought it was a different programming reference before I realized it was a pun.

    Social Entropy being added to itself representing how threads in here tend to work and all that.

    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Does this mean D&D is also a pun, meant to be read as DAD

    Is D&D a dad pun

  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Does this mean D&D is also a pun, meant to be read as DAD

    Is D&D a dad pun

    It used to be called 'everything else' but that was a pretty bad name for a forum

  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    I think I actually thought it was a different programming reference before I realized it was a pun.

    Social Entropy being added to itself representing how threads in here tend to work and all that.

    you should be in charge of jokes

    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    does anyone even still use c++

  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    This is all a bit of a stretch.

    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    stretching is good for the body and for the mind

    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    i need to get back into my yoga routine before I go back to work.

    zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Shouldn't it be SE# to be more modern and up to date then

    no, definitely not
    we work on a much lower level than those goofballs at SE#

    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    End wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Shouldn't it be SE# to be more modern and up to date then

    no, definitely not
    we work on a much lower level than those goofballs at SE#

    Social Assembly Forum

  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I just thought it was using ++ in the programming sense as, add 1 to the original value, and generally you see that kind of statement as part of a loop. Which is to say that it was a forum in which the level of Social Entropy was always steadily increasing.

    Like some kind of social version of the second law of thermodynamics.

  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Let's see... SE++

    S is like 5

    E is like 3

    So.. 5+3 =8

    There's 2 + so 8+8=16...if you randomly add 7 to that you get... OH FUCK!


    ccyid93gnj0f.jpg

    This made me laugh far far harder than it should have.

  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    i need to get back into my yoga routine before I go back to work.

    here's where I'd normally attempt to get you to post in the d&d yoga thread (there are at least 10s of us! well a 10 of us. maybe?) but that's a no go for now unfortunately.

    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I just thought it was using ++ in the programming sense as, add 1 to the original value, and generally you see that kind of statement as part of a loop. Which is to say that it was a forum in which the level of Social Entropy was always steadily increasing.

    Like some kind of social version of the second law of thermodynamics.

    I am relatively certain that's how it came about. I don't remember for sure, but when the name of this forum was changed to that, people were using "++" in posts here to talk about stuff.

    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    i need to get back into my yoga routine before I go back to work.

    here's where I'd normally attempt to get you to post in the d&d yoga thread (there are at least 10s of us! well a 10 of us. maybe?) but that's a no go for now unfortunately.

    D&D is gone. It shall never return

  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    i need to get back into my yoga routine before I go back to work.

    here's where I'd normally attempt to get you to post in the d&d yoga thread (there are at least 10s of us! well a 10 of us. maybe?) but that's a no go for now unfortunately.

    this is now the yoga thread

    everyone post your best yoga pants selfies.

    zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    austin_walker_huh.wav

  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    that se++ was a pun? because i think i figured it out about three or four years ago and i've been on here since 2003 or so

    Look at fucking MENSA over here

    'hey guys I'm just curious, how long did it take you fuckwits to figure out this thing I've known for years? just wondering, since I know you're all so slow

  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    i need to get back into my yoga routine before I go back to work.

    here's where I'd normally attempt to get you to post in the d&d yoga thread (there are at least 10s of us! well a 10 of us. maybe?) but that's a no go for now unfortunately.

    D&D is gone. It shall never return

    Well OK with me.

    Hi new family.

    Also I own three pairs of yoga pants. They're actually just pants now since I wear them everywhere now since they're comf as fuck. Thai fishermen know how to live. As far as pants go.

    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Xehalus wrote: »
    does anyone even still use c++

    I do.
    I am also young and cool not old and crusty like you might expect given my answer.

    stimtokolos on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    does anyone even still use c++

    definitely

    I would say (without actually having numbers to back it up) the bigger tent pole games are more often written in C++. C# probably sees a larger share in smaller games, but I'm not even sure about that.

    In a lot of cases, it's not that hard to figure out based on what files it installs, or even the message Steam shows when launching a game for the first time. If it says something about MSVC, it's probably C++. If it says something about the .NET framework, it's probably C#.

    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I'm still saying ess eee plus plus and you can't stop me.

  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Thuis is now the pun thread.

    Cover me in your best punss.

  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    i don't own any yoga pants

    because i am a yoga poseur who only does it because it is something i can make myself do at home without interacting with other people and it's good for my breathing and posture.

    zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    i don't own any yoga pants

    because i am a yoga poseur who only does it because it is something i can make myself do at home without interacting with other people and it's good for my breathing and posture.

    I just wear the cheapest Champion basketball / running type shorts and plain cotton t-shirts to yoga

    It's worked fine so far

  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Thuis is now the pun thread.

    Cover me in your best punss.

    Every thread on PA inevitably degenerates into abject punnery

    desc on
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Thuis is now the pun thread.

    Cover me in your best punss.

    Every thread on PA inevitably degenerates into abject punnery

    That's not a very good pun.

    D-

    Please takie this note home to yourm parents

  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Thuis is now the pun thread.

    Cover me in your best punss.

    Every thread on PA inevitably degenerates into abject punnery

    That's not a very good pun.

    D-

    Please takie this note home to yourm parents

    Thanks a lot Veldrin now I'm grounded

  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    crwth wrote: »
    that se++ was a pun? because i think i figured it out about three or four years ago and i've been on here since 2003 or so

    Look at fucking MENSA over here

    'hey guys I'm just curious, how long did it take you fuckwits to figure out this thing I've known for years? just wondering, since I know you're all so slow

    every time i was at your house i was always chuckling to myself because i had this info and you DULLARDS did not

    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Thuis is now the pun thread.

    Cover me in your best punss.

    Every thread on PA inevitably degenerates into abject punnery

    That's not a very good pun.

    D-

    Please takie this note home to yourm parents

    Thanks a lot Veldrin now I'm grounded

    Oh crap I am so sorry

    Let's sneak out late tonight and smoke some weed down by the river

  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    i don't remember exactly when, but it was because i was saying it aloud in my usual rapid-fire, and 'ess-eeh' slurred together. but i also initially assumed it was a joke on increasing entropy. layers!

    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Thuis is now the pun thread.

    Cover me in your best punss.

    Every thread on PA inevitably degenerates into abject punnery

    That's not a very good pun.

    D-

    Please takie this note home to yourm parents

    Thanks a lot Veldrin now I'm grounded

    Oh crap I am so sorry

    Let's sneak out late tonight and smoke some weed down by the river

    Hey, I'm not a cop, can I also smoke drugs with you and also have your social security number?

  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    does anyone even still use c++

    I do.
    I am also young and cool not old and crusty like you might expect given my answer.

    Hey now, C++ ain't that old. If you said you spent all day elbow-deep in FORTRAN I might suspect you were a greybeard, but that's so rare these days...

  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Thuis is now the pun thread.

    Cover me in your best punss.

    Every thread on PA inevitably degenerates into abject punnery

    That's not a very good pun.

    D-

    Please takie this note home to yourm parents

    Thanks a lot Veldrin now I'm grounded

    Oh crap I am so sorry

    Let's sneak out late tonight and smoke some weed down by the river

    Hey, I'm not a cop, can I also smoke drugs with you and also have your social security number?

    Oh yeah man, I mean, clearly you are a regular human father who has absolutely partaken of the good leaf at least once in his youth.

  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Thuis is now the pun thread.

    Cover me in your best punss.

    Every thread on PA inevitably degenerates into abject punnery

    That's not a very good pun.

    D-

    Please takie this note home to yourm parents

    Thanks a lot Veldrin now I'm grounded

    Oh crap I am so sorry

    Let's sneak out late tonight and smoke some weed down by the river

    Hey, I'm not a cop, can I also smoke drugs with you and also have your social security number?

    Oh yeah man, I mean, clearly you are a regular human father who has absolutely partaken of the good leaf at least once in his youth.

    I love to inject weed!

  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    A few months ago my friend said he just realized that the shape of a coiled up poop is not the shape that it was while in your intestine, and had always wondered how it fit. He's been a nurse for a few years, taken several human anatomy/physiology related classes, and just this year figured this out.

    In his defense, I believe he was too poor to go to dairy queen as a kid.

    TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    you kids and your marijuanas

    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
Sign In or Register to comment.