As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Run the [Chat] 3

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Hot women are nice

Cold women are robuts

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i'm in the middle of a 9 day stretch with no days off work. the 9th day will be 20 hours long as i go directly to the airport after work to fly to philly.

*takes antacid*

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    wait no beef stroganoff wtf autocorrect

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Dont worry, ghosts can only hurt you if you think about them a lot

Don't think about ghosts

You're thinking about ghosts right now, aren't you?

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Dont worry, ghosts can only hurt you if you think about them a lot

Don't think about ghosts

You're thinking about ghosts right now, aren't you?

Stupid sexy ghosts

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    KneelKneel Ten thick coats Registered User regular
    I think I'm gonna get nice and fucked up tonight as a precursor to taking a month off of booze.

Tell me how badly that's going to go, you guys!

Want to see more of Kneel's slapdash slatherings?
    Visit him at Monstrous Pigments' Instagram and Facebook pages!
    3EnCIQg.jpg
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    So, so badly

You will wake up pregnant or having impregnated someone

You will have a new facial tattoo of ed helms's face when he got the facial tattoo in the hangover film

There will be a rabid mongoose in your shower and no amount of cobra meat will draw him out

You will leave drunken messages for all your exes and what's worse one of them will be into it

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Kneel wrote: »
    I think I'm gonna get nice and fucked up tonight as a precursor to taking a month off of booze.

This isn't a good idea. Never start a night where the expressed goal is to get fucked up!

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Throwing up is the worst. Well not really. Throwing up sucks but really the worst is the four hour lead up where you are unhappy and hot and uncomfortable and just want to die.

Athenor, I hope this means that part is over.

Thanks. I hope so too. I'm still burping (Which sucks) but I've cleaned up myself and the bathroom already as best I can for 3 AM..

I apologize if I'm oversharing, it's just... uggggh. I am trying to play back the last 48 hours, trying to figure out where this came from and why it struck now, though I bet my tiredness around 7-8 PM is related.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I'm buying the jack box party pack 2 and I guess I'll just stream a new game every day for us all

Athenor, will you join me in no extra expense January? I'm just gonna buy simple groceries and not eat out. You don't buy transformers. I will use my soothing voice on you if you want. I'll hire much more soothing voices in DK or shark or skippy.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    jesus christ our future forecast
    we went from freezing to highs around 80 and short wearing weather
    now its chilly again then its supposed to be massive flooding downpours
    then we're supposed to have one of the coldest days seen in years here if everything pans out as predicted

too many climates in a short period
    ahhhhhhhhhhh

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Ugh worst sleep ever

I am crusty and sinus pressured and blocked up with mucus

Fuck

Sick

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    KneelKneel Ten thick coats Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Kneel wrote: »

This isn't a good idea. Never start a night where the expressed goal is to get fucked up!

An exaggeration for tragicomedic effect, I assure you.

Truth is my body usually goes "nope..." when I hit my limit. If I go over, it's bad news so I tend to listen.

The only time I feel sick is if I drink spirits, which I largely avoid.

Kneel on
    Want to see more of Kneel's slapdash slatherings?
    Visit him at Monstrous Pigments' Instagram and Facebook pages!
    3EnCIQg.jpg
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I'm buying the jack box party pack 2 and I guess I'll just stream a new game every day for us all

Athenor, will you join me in no extra expense January? I'm just gonna buy simple groceries and not eat out. You don't buy transformers. I will use my soothing voice on you if you want. I'll hire much more soothing voices in DK or shark or skippy.

That's a thought, though I do have a few things to get.. especially as I believe advance registration for GenCon is sometime in January. But it might be worth trying.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Oh my god what if I get my parents to play

• Options

Just for the record, I actually really prefer Jackbox Party Pack 3 to 2. Trivia Murder Party is amazing.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Ugh worst sleep ever

Fuck

Sick

i havent even gone to bed yet
    i should probably do that now

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Athenor wrote: »

That's a thought, though I do have a few things to get.. especially as I believe advance registration for GenCon is sometime in January. But it might be worth trying.

How about you just don't buy anything. It's fine. PM me every time you want something. I'll tell you some bullshit food I want and you can go NO

• Options
    @Chanus @Sir Landshark @elki the best beat em up ever is on sale

Chronicles of mystara

Fucking google it

Buy it you god damn nerds BUY IT I NEED THIS

• Options
    Athenor wrote: »

Just for the record, I actually really prefer Jackbox Party Pack 3 to 2. Trivia Murder Party is amazing.

3 is the one on sale so i win!

• Options
    Ugh. Trust me, buying shit is really no where in my mind, unless it is nyquil.

• Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    It said to pour boiling water in my ramen bowl, so I tried, but by the time I got it from the microwave to the counter it wasn't boiling anymore, and now my ramen is a little crunchy.

IDK, maybe this is what I deserve.

My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Hot women are nice

Cold women are robuts

rsN1m4X.jpg

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    OremLK wrote: »
    It said to pour boiling water in my ramen bowl, so I tried, but by the time I got it from the microwave to the counter it wasn't boiling anymore, and now my ramen is a little crunchy.

IDK, maybe this is what I deserve.

The tragedy of a life without a kettle

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Alice has huuuuge boobs they just hide them

Except that one time

Possibly the most accurate part of the adaptation.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    This is everything that is wrong with content-devouring content mills.

wxa9As9.jpg

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

Except that one time

is alice the totally not hot nerd girl that would be super hot if she would only take off her glasses and not tie her hair up?

ok i am going to sleep now i swear

Why is this a thing?

Hair up and glasses is so goddamn hot

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    wait no beef stroganoff wtf autocorrect

Beef Strongman is the name of my next Gears of War fan fiction character

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Ugh. Go to lay down, body goes "hah... "

• Options
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Ugh worst sleep ever

Fuck

Sick

Do you have shit stuck in your tonsils in the back of your throat being all painful and stinky?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I saw a billboard on my drive today that said, "Merry Christmas!"

Well, it was underlined instead of bolded but you get the point.

Mississippi!
    On a related note this is on my fridge

nH6YWG2.jpg?1

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    The Ender wrote: »
    Do you like it if an RPG character creation chapter (in an RPG with character classes) straight-up tells you in the introductory overview section, "This is the tank class, this is the damage dealer class, this is a support character class, etc," or do you prefer more fluffy descriptions in the initial overview?

@The Ender I think very little is ever gained from obfuscation compared to being straightforward. TEH IMMERSIONZ are for the table, not for the rulebook, where the language ought to strive first for clarity and precision when talking about game concepts (although I love fluff, and think it's an important way to generate context for what's going on, I think letting it and rules text commingle too much leads to a lot of confusion at the table).

• Options
    Did you hear about the new Power Rangers movie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poXw8SqjfOQ

This is the Yellow Ranger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NwzxGntDgs

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uaJufU1JTs

Vin Diesel turned his back on the family.

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    The Ender wrote: »
    Do you like it if an RPG character creation chapter (in an RPG with character classes) straight-up tells you in the introductory overview section, "This is the tank class, this is the damage dealer class, this is a support character class, etc," or do you prefer more fluffy descriptions in the initial overview?

@The Ender I think very little is ever gained from obfuscation compared to being straightforward. TEH IMMERSIONZ are for the table, not for the rulebook, where the language ought to strive first for clarity and precision when talking about game concepts (although I love fluff, and think it's an important way to generate context for what's going on, I think letting it and rules text commingle too much leads to a lot of confusion at the table).

I'm definitely in this camp of thinking... but I have the following couple of hang-ups:

- I am not certain how good an idea to set-up the crunchy roles of the classes as the important feature when doing a basic overview? I mean, this is going to be a crunchy game, so that is important... but there are sometimes assumptions baked into crunchy roles, and (ideally) I would like to avoid stamping those assumptions onto the character classes as a presumably new player is taking their first pass through the book. For example: a common assumption is that the DPS character is the really fun one to play, and the support characters are comparably boring. These are not fair assumptions at all & can lead to players deciding a game isn't fun to play because they picked the wrong crunchy role for themselves (in a worst case scenario) - I would like to mitigate that kind of thing if possible.

- The distinction between different class roles is often fuzzy, and I feel like there is a high chance of miscommunicating to someone what kind of experience they will get with a give character class. Even the simple distinctions like 'DPS guy' or 'Tank guy' often have pretty wide ranges of interpretation.

So, I want very much to be straight-forward & precise... but I'm not sure what the best way is to get there? And part of me wonders if the best way isn't to just point out the narrative role rather than the explicit crunchy role of a given class.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I like positive framing for classes along the line off "Play this class if you want to: Protect your allies behind your mighty shield. Or bash in the face of your enemies with that shield"

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »

Except that one time

is alice the totally not hot nerd girl that would be super hot if she would only take off her glasses and not tie her hair up?

Why is this a thing?

agreed

gdmb1Cz.jpg?1

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »

Except that one time

Why is this a thing?

agreed

gdmb1Cz.jpg?1

Yes, hair up and glasses quite the look when you're already a perfect human specimen

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    He'd look worse with no glasses and his hair down

Hair up glasses is just objectively better in all cases

fuck gendered marketing
This discussion has been closed.