Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Run the [Chat] 3

19192949697100

Posts

  • AersienAersien Registered User regular
    Ooh, it's work venting time! Worked 28 hours from Wednesday morning to Thursday noon, then worked Friday morning to Saturday just before noon. About 2 hours of sleep each of those nights, mostly because of garbage calls that could have waited until morning easily. Had to fight hard to get a single day of vacation approved, and I am forced to use up multiple vacation days to get it. (The other days are off, but they really ought to count as sick leave. It's not like I can reasonably just ignore a brain tumor...)

    Hi, Chat! I've missed you and your role somewhere to dump my misery and angst so my burdens are lightened! It's like sharing Nightmares! Have a Tale of Terror!!

    Kid PresentableHonkDasUberEdwardBeNarwhalElldren21stCenturyAiouaMsAnthropy
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Yeah retail sucks.

    Chu does it ever bother you when other people point out the shitty things about your job, even though you agree and sometimes point them out yourself? Even though you know it's coming from a place of sympathy? (sometimes it bothers me, when it happens in my life and vicariously from your posts cause I'm often in similar circumstances, but I am a broken sensitive weirdo so maybe that's just me)
    Meh, I'm more critical of Bleric and Bowen about job shitiness. I think Chu doesn't really hate his job.

    Yeah I didn't mean to call you or anybody out, nobody's doing anything wrong.

    It's a personal insecurity thing, I mostly do hate my job and I think expend a lot of energy trying not to focus on that, so when family or friends are like "Oh, wow, you have to work on Sunday and can't come to this cool awesome fun party we're having?! That sucks!" every single Sunday, part of me is like... yeah, I fucking know. Thank you for reminding me.

    I had a retail job part time while studying, so for like 7 years I worked most saturdays around the year. None of my friends ever learned this sufficiently and were often surprised that I couldn't come to their sweet saturday things they planned 10pm on a friday...

    PSN: Honkalot
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    5MfPJdoh.jpg

    I have the wiener boner

    Between Two Buns with Drez Drezifanakas

    DasUberEdwardRMS Oceanic
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Aersien wrote: »
    Ooh, it's work venting time! Worked 28 hours from Wednesday morning to Thursday noon, then worked Friday morning to Saturday just before noon. About 2 hours of sleep each of those nights, mostly because of garbage calls that could have waited until morning easily. Had to fight hard to get a single day of vacation approved, and I am forced to use up multiple vacation days to get it. (The other days are off, but they really ought to count as sick leave. It's not like I can reasonably just ignore a brain tumor...)

    Hi, Chat! I've missed you and your role somewhere to dump my misery and angst so my burdens are lightened! It's like sharing Nightmares! Have a Tale of Terror!!

    yes we all do this constantly. welcome.

    steam_sig.png
    wandering
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    Chu's schedule looks to me like "We want you to cover the register at nights, but we also want you here in the morning on stock day, so..."

    Source: I've worked that schedule.

    zepherin
  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    i do like helping people. it's nice when someone is grateful that i find something for them, or when i have a customer intentionally get in my line because they know i'm fast or friendly or something. i particularly enjoy helping seniors. for many of them, their trip for groceries is their only social outing for weeks. it is a pleasure to make sure it goes well and they get some socialization.

    i don't like having such a variable schedule, but that's probably not in the top ten things i dislike about my job. i strongly dislike shift work in general due to the thorough lack of autonomy. getting a day off for some reason- even an emergency- is stressful. stepping away to use the restroom is stressful- i'm to notify people, and even if i do that it can still be very frowned upon in a way that borders on a verbal warning from superiors. leaving in the middle of the day- to pick up a friend at the airport, to go to the dentist, to go to the dmv- is extremely challenging and often impossible. people complain a lot in office work about micromanagement but shift work- especially when it's customer facing- is a whole other level. my job particularly is primarily to stand at the focal point of the store directing traffic and helping people, so my absence, even super temporarily, is very noticed and frowned upon. i hate that. other than my breaks or my lunch, i have no downtime. i have to be 'on' for eight hours. i hate how high stress my job is. the number of things i have to multi-task on a busy day is boggling. walking from one side of the store to the other to get some money to loan a dcrawer, i get called three times to override some register function, two customers stop me to ask where we have potato starch and gluten free pasta, one employee asks me if he can have off tomorrow last minute due to some event, one of my bosses calls me and tells me to change fuel prices, a customer complains to me about not having enough baggers, and another employee calls in sick with no notice and-

    i don't care if people trash on retail. it is p shitty. i know not every office worker has the sort of job i envy, with the level of autonomy and breathing room i desire. but plenty of my friends do. i hope i can make that transition eventually.


    wanderingKid PresentableDasUberEdwardDrezskippydumptruckJuliuszepherinQuidRhesus PositiveMsAnthropy
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Watching the sense8 "Christmas special"

    It seems that Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah has been used soooooo much more than usual this Christmas season by so many different shows.

    Was this always used around Christmas? It never felt like a Christmas song. I know why it would see an uptick obviously, but for the holidays specifically seems odd.

    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Yeah retail sucks.

    Chu does it ever bother you when other people point out the shitty things about your job, even though you agree and sometimes point them out yourself? Even though you know it's coming from a place of sympathy? (sometimes it bothers me, when it happens in my life and vicariously from your posts cause I'm often in similar circumstances, but I am a broken sensitive weirdo so maybe that's just me)
    Meh, I'm more critical of Bleric and Bowen about job shitiness. I think Chu doesn't really hate his job.

    Yeah I didn't mean to call you or anybody out, nobody's doing anything wrong.

    It's a personal insecurity thing, I mostly do hate my job and I think expend a lot of energy trying not to focus on that, so when family or friends are like "Oh, wow, you have to work on Sunday and can't come to this cool awesome fun party we're having?! That sucks!" every single Sunday, part of me is like... yeah, I fucking know. Thank you for reminding me.
    the trick is to have no friends

    atcwebmqawjl.png
    Kid Presentable
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    We told my parents about the always sunny episode where dee gets a cat stuck in the wall and Charlie starts putting more in the wall

    And my mom goes "oh, like your grandmother!"

    Wut.

    She tells us they gave my grandmother a cat to watch for a day or two and when they went to pick it up grandmother was all "oh yeah i haven't seen that cat in a while"

    They're all WHAT and find there's a hole in the wall of her apartment the cat went in. Grandmother was unphased by this hole existing and the cat missing.

    The cat was retrieved and is safe, no worries.

    Good ol' Cats-in-the-Wall Margaret

    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    wandering
  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    if anything, kid presentable, i feel insecure about venting about my day. my friends have abilities- business acuity, programming knowledge, whatever- that the market values at over a hundred thousand dollars a year. so i sometimes feel patently ridiculous saying AT THE GROCERY STORE TODAY...

    wanderingKid Presentablesyndalis
  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    Also I am depressed af so I haven't expended the effort to set up a big planned thing. Do people still have my phone number? I get to penn station at 3pm next Sunday. I'll be leaving for the airport at like 6pm on Tuesday. No firm plans so if anyone wants to fuck or suck etc
    Where are you going?

    philadelphia from the 6th to the 8th, nyc from the 8th to the 10th, chicago from the 10th to the 14th.

    BeNarwhalzepherin
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud bear with us as we do some "rebranding" Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    So a friend of my gf's recently discovered that she is not her father's biological child

    Because the fertility doctor used his own sperm instead of the father's

    Even worse, this happened to two different families!

    So now the two daughters have met each other, knowing they're half sisters, and have become close friends, so there's that at least

    The doctor claims it was an error but, I mean, really?

    lawsuit!
    That's illegal and a major major lawsuit.

    Vanguard
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited January 2017
    Organichu wrote: »
    if anything, kid presentable, i feel insecure about venting about my day. my friends have abilities- business acuity, programming knowledge, whatever- that the market values at over a hundred thousand dollars a year. so i sometimes feel patently ridiculous saying AT THE GROCERY STORE TODAY...

    Problems are problems and venting can be therapeutic.

    I actually feel that ridiculousness in reverse where complaining about my issues would probably make me look like SKFM or engage the worlds tiniest violin orchestra. But they are still problems and matter to me.

    syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
    So It Goes
  • QuidQuid I don't... what... hnnng Registered User regular
    I can't wait to work at a grocery store.

    BeNarwhal
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    Also I am depressed af so I haven't expended the effort to set up a big planned thing. Do people still have my phone number? I get to penn station at 3pm next Sunday. I'll be leaving for the airport at like 6pm on Tuesday. No firm plans so if anyone wants to fuck or suck etc
    Where are you going?

    philadelphia from the 6th to the 8th, nyc from the 8th to the 10th, chicago from the 10th to the 14th.

    are you going to see the sharks!

  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    i do like helping people. it's nice when someone is grateful that i find something for them, or when i have a customer intentionally get in my line because they know i'm fast or friendly or something. i particularly enjoy helping seniors. for many of them, their trip for groceries is their only social outing for weeks. it is a pleasure to make sure it goes well and they get some socialization.

    i don't like having such a variable schedule, but that's probably not in the top ten things i dislike about my job. i strongly dislike shift work in general due to the thorough lack of autonomy. getting a day off for some reason- even an emergency- is stressful. stepping away to use the restroom is stressful- i'm to notify people, and even if i do that it can still be very frowned upon in a way that borders on a verbal warning from superiors. leaving in the middle of the day- to pick up a friend at the airport, to go to the dentist, to go to the dmv- is extremely challenging and often impossible. people complain a lot in office work about micromanagement but shift work- especially when it's customer facing- is a whole other level. my job particularly is primarily to stand at the focal point of the store directing traffic and helping people, so my absence, even super temporarily, is very noticed and frowned upon. i hate that. other than my breaks or my lunch, i have no downtime. i have to be 'on' for eight hours. i hate how high stress my job is. the number of things i have to multi-task on a busy day is boggling. walking from one side of the store to the other to get some money to loan a dcrawer, i get called three times to override some register function, two customers stop me to ask where we have potato starch and gluten free pasta, one employee asks me if he can have off tomorrow last minute due to some event, one of my bosses calls me and tells me to change fuel prices, a customer complains to me about not having enough baggers, and another employee calls in sick with no notice and-

    i don't care if people trash on retail. it is p shitty. i know not every office worker has the sort of job i envy, with the level of autonomy and breathing room i desire. but plenty of my friends do. i hope i can make that transition eventually.


    i think you will

    steam_sig.png
    So It Goes
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    Also I am depressed af so I haven't expended the effort to set up a big planned thing. Do people still have my phone number? I get to penn station at 3pm next Sunday. I'll be leaving for the airport at like 6pm on Tuesday. No firm plans so if anyone wants to fuck or suck etc
    Where are you going?

    philadelphia from the 6th to the 8th, nyc from the 8th to the 10th, chicago from the 10th to the 14th.

    I am so excited for you <3

    Strange that you spelled Toronto wrong three different times and three different ways, but that's okay!

    He/Him
    Narwhal, you should make "Sometimes while someone is explaining something to me, I am thinking about rockets" your signature
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck and yet it moves Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    what is up with those inconsistent shifts

    just like, okay chubert, come in at 9:32a today, you'll work for 3 hrs and 12 minutes, then have a 16 minute break,

    They're all 8.5 hour shifts.

    there's no reason for them to start and end at random times if the store hours are consistent

  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    I can't wait to work at a grocery store.

    It's usually p enjoyable work

    The problem, as with most jobs, are the people :P

    He/Him
    Narwhal, you should make "Sometimes while someone is explaining something to me, I am thinking about rockets" your signature
  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    if anything, kid presentable, i feel insecure about venting about my day. my friends have abilities- business acuity, programming knowledge, whatever- that the market values at over a hundred thousand dollars a year. so i sometimes feel patently ridiculous saying AT THE GROCERY STORE TODAY...

    Problems are problems and venting can be therapeutic.

    I actually feel that ridiculousness in reverse where complaining about my issues would probably make me look like SKFM or engage the worlds tiniest violin orchestra. But they are still problems and matter to me.

    in an ideal world i guess i wouldn't feel bitter about a friend complaining about yacht fuel prices and also i'd feel comfortable saying how many call outs today i had at work and how stressful it made me (without worrying that the listener is disdaining the idea of selling people groceries being stressful)

    but the insecurities and resentments are pretty ingrained i think, especially across class

    i don't think it is easy to suppress them in order to be a decent friend and listener but i do my best

    Kid Presentablezepherin
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    i do like helping people. it's nice when someone is grateful that i find something for them, or when i have a customer intentionally get in my line because they know i'm fast or friendly or something. i particularly enjoy helping seniors. for many of them, their trip for groceries is their only social outing for weeks. it is a pleasure to make sure it goes well and they get some socialization.

    i don't like having such a variable schedule, but that's probably not in the top ten things i dislike about my job. i strongly dislike shift work in general due to the thorough lack of autonomy. getting a day off for some reason- even an emergency- is stressful. stepping away to use the restroom is stressful- i'm to notify people, and even if i do that it can still be very frowned upon in a way that borders on a verbal warning from superiors. leaving in the middle of the day- to pick up a friend at the airport, to go to the dentist, to go to the dmv- is extremely challenging and often impossible. people complain a lot in office work about micromanagement but shift work- especially when it's customer facing- is a whole other level. my job particularly is primarily to stand at the focal point of the store directing traffic and helping people, so my absence, even super temporarily, is very noticed and frowned upon. i hate that. other than my breaks or my lunch, i have no downtime. i have to be 'on' for eight hours. i hate how high stress my job is. the number of things i have to multi-task on a busy day is boggling. walking from one side of the store to the other to get some money to loan a dcrawer, i get called three times to override some register function, two customers stop me to ask where we have potato starch and gluten free pasta, one employee asks me if he can have off tomorrow last minute due to some event, one of my bosses calls me and tells me to change fuel prices, a customer complains to me about not having enough baggers, and another employee calls in sick with no notice and-

    i don't care if people trash on retail. it is p shitty. i know not every office worker has the sort of job i envy, with the level of autonomy and breathing room i desire. but plenty of my friends do. i hope i can make that transition eventually.


    Other than hospitality, I've worked in a fair number of "arch" industries. Construction, painting, sales, IT, retail, stock processing, and I've been in a supervisory/management role as well as being a shitty grunt.

    People who trash on others for their job just lack perspective...and class.

    DasUberEdwardFuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudAthenorQuidElldren
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck and yet it moves Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Man some of y'all have been out of retail for a while, huh? :P
    Even when I worked retail I had a reasonably consistent shift.

    I worked at a gas station and we had a 6a-2p shift, a 2p-10p shift, and a 10p-6a shift

    same start/end times for every shift, so you could at least plan your life a little without wondering if you'd need to come in a 1:45p or 12:00p or some random shit

  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Aersien wrote: »
    Ooh, it's work venting time! Worked 28 hours from Wednesday morning to Thursday noon, then worked Friday morning to Saturday just before noon. About 2 hours of sleep each of those nights, mostly because of garbage calls that could have waited until morning easily. Had to fight hard to get a single day of vacation approved, and I am forced to use up multiple vacation days to get it. (The other days are off, but they really ought to count as sick leave. It's not like I can reasonably just ignore a brain tumor...)

    Hi, Chat! I've missed you and your role somewhere to dump my misery and angst so my burdens are lightened! It's like sharing Nightmares! Have a Tale of Terror!!

    Aersien you're a psych resident, right?

    If yes I apologize for always choosing to come in around midnight when I need to see a crisis worker >_>

    He/Him
    Narwhal, you should make "Sometimes while someone is explaining something to me, I am thinking about rockets" your signature
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud bear with us as we do some "rebranding" Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    if anything, kid presentable, i feel insecure about venting about my day. my friends have abilities- business acuity, programming knowledge, whatever- that the market values at over a hundred thousand dollars a year. so i sometimes feel patently ridiculous saying AT THE GROCERY STORE TODAY...

    Problems are problems and venting can be therapeutic.

    I actually feel that ridiculousness in reverse where complaining about my issues would probably make me look like SKFM or engage the worlds tiniest violin orchestra. But they are still problems and matter to me.

    in an ideal world i guess i wouldn't feel bitter about a friend complaining about yacht fuel prices and also i'd feel comfortable saying how many call outs today i had at work and how stressful it made me (without worrying that the listener is disdaining the idea of selling people groceries being stressful)

    but the insecurities and resentments are pretty ingrained i think, especially across class

    i don't think it is easy to suppress them in order to be a decent friend and listener but i do my best
    *slowly packs away guillotine*

    BeNarwhal
  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    Also I am depressed af so I haven't expended the effort to set up a big planned thing. Do people still have my phone number? I get to penn station at 3pm next Sunday. I'll be leaving for the airport at like 6pm on Tuesday. No firm plans so if anyone wants to fuck or suck etc
    Where are you going?

    philadelphia from the 6th to the 8th, nyc from the 8th to the 10th, chicago from the 10th to the 14th.

    are you going to see the sharks!

    sharks you say

  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    i do like helping people. it's nice when someone is grateful that i find something for them, or when i have a customer intentionally get in my line because they know i'm fast or friendly or something. i particularly enjoy helping seniors. for many of them, their trip for groceries is their only social outing for weeks. it is a pleasure to make sure it goes well and they get some socialization.

    i don't like having such a variable schedule, but that's probably not in the top ten things i dislike about my job. i strongly dislike shift work in general due to the thorough lack of autonomy. getting a day off for some reason- even an emergency- is stressful. stepping away to use the restroom is stressful- i'm to notify people, and even if i do that it can still be very frowned upon in a way that borders on a verbal warning from superiors. leaving in the middle of the day- to pick up a friend at the airport, to go to the dentist, to go to the dmv- is extremely challenging and often impossible. people complain a lot in office work about micromanagement but shift work- especially when it's customer facing- is a whole other level. my job particularly is primarily to stand at the focal point of the store directing traffic and helping people, so my absence, even super temporarily, is very noticed and frowned upon. i hate that. other than my breaks or my lunch, i have no downtime. i have to be 'on' for eight hours. i hate how high stress my job is. the number of things i have to multi-task on a busy day is boggling. walking from one side of the store to the other to get some money to loan a dcrawer, i get called three times to override some register function, two customers stop me to ask where we have potato starch and gluten free pasta, one employee asks me if he can have off tomorrow last minute due to some event, one of my bosses calls me and tells me to change fuel prices, a customer complains to me about not having enough baggers, and another employee calls in sick with no notice and-

    i don't care if people trash on retail. it is p shitty. i know not every office worker has the sort of job i envy, with the level of autonomy and breathing room i desire. but plenty of my friends do. i hope i can make that transition eventually.


    Other than hospitality, I've worked in a fair number of "arch" industries. Construction, painting, sales, IT, retail, stock processing, and I've been in a supervisory/management role as well as being a shitty grunt.

    People who trash on others for their job just lack perspective...and class.

    yeah i've worked many positions and probably deserved none of them. chu is a hard worker who well wherever he goes.

    jobs are hard and people who shit on any position have never been in those positions.

    steam_sig.png
    DrezElldrenMsAnthropy
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud bear with us as we do some "rebranding" Registered User regular
    You in Chicago from the 10th to 14th?!

  • Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    if anything, kid presentable, i feel insecure about venting about my day. my friends have abilities- business acuity, programming knowledge, whatever- that the market values at over a hundred thousand dollars a year. so i sometimes feel patently ridiculous saying AT THE GROCERY STORE TODAY...

    Yes, this and your other post all speak to me.

    Enjoy your vacation, sorry I kinda hijacked your thing and projected my shit onto it!

  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    You in Chicago from the 10th to 14th?!

    yes! i land p late on the 10th and leave p early on the 14th but i am there all day 11-13

    Organichu on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    And even though I've never worked in hospitality, I think chat is aware by now that I don't look down on these excellent folk.

    I love all peoples.

    Drez on
  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Man some of y'all have been out of retail for a while, huh? :P
    Even when I worked retail I had a reasonably consistent shift.

    I worked at a gas station and we had a 6a-2p shift, a 2p-10p shift, and a 10p-6a shift

    same start/end times for every shift, so you could at least plan your life a little without wondering if you'd need to come in a 1:45p or 12:00p or some random shit

    a lot of my veteran checkers who've been there for a decade+ get to have the same schedule every day. jelly. for a bunch of reasons (varying vacations, multiple people wanting the same shift, managers having to fill body-shaped-holes when someone is suddenly sick or quits) they have decided we don't get consistent shifts.

  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    And even though I've never worked in hospitality, I think chat is aware by now that I don't look down on these excellent folk.

    I love all peoples.

    (except down their blouse

    at the titties)

    syndalisBeNarwhalDrez
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Organichu wrote: »
    if anything, kid presentable, i feel insecure about venting about my day. my friends have abilities- business acuity, programming knowledge, whatever- that the market values at over a hundred thousand dollars a year. so i sometimes feel patently ridiculous saying AT THE GROCERY STORE TODAY...

    chu this is wrong thoughts. you're not some sort of undesirable dumb without worth.

    DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    AbdhyiusBeNarwhalSo It GoesElldrenMsAnthropy
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    Also I am depressed af so I haven't expended the effort to set up a big planned thing. Do people still have my phone number? I get to penn station at 3pm next Sunday. I'll be leaving for the airport at like 6pm on Tuesday. No firm plans so if anyone wants to fuck or suck etc
    Where are you going?

    philadelphia from the 6th to the 8th, nyc from the 8th to the 10th, chicago from the 10th to the 14th.

    are you going to see the sharks!

    sharks you say

    The ones that travel on land, as they say

    He/Him
    Narwhal, you should make "Sometimes while someone is explaining something to me, I am thinking about rockets" your signature
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    it's getting dock space for your yacht that's the real killer

    ftOqU21.png
    BeNarwhal
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck and yet it moves Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Man some of y'all have been out of retail for a while, huh? :P
    Even when I worked retail I had a reasonably consistent shift.

    I worked at a gas station and we had a 6a-2p shift, a 2p-10p shift, and a 10p-6a shift

    same start/end times for every shift, so you could at least plan your life a little without wondering if you'd need to come in a 1:45p or 12:00p or some random shit

    a lot of my veteran checkers who've been there for a decade+ get to have the same schedule every day. jelly. for a bunch of reasons (varying vacations, multiple people wanting the same shift, managers having to fill body-shaped-holes when someone is suddenly sick or quits) they have decided we don't get consistent shifts.

    I do not like it sam I am

    BeNarwhal
  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    yes i am seeing the shark and the porpoise

    ElkiBeNarwhalRMS OceanicEvil Multifarious
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    btw @simonwolf I tried out Battle Brothers and I am sold. I had a few failures to launch (died in the first couple battles), but then I finally had a party that grew to 8 members and was really rolling along ... and then I got over-confident and we got absolutely slaughtered by an impressively well-armed band of brigands >_>

    He/Him
    Narwhal, you should make "Sometimes while someone is explaining something to me, I am thinking about rockets" your signature
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    if only there was a free port I'd totally live in a yacht

    you get a hella nice boat for the price of an apartment

    ftOqU21.png
    BeNarwhalRhesus Positive
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

    ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.