As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Games Done Quick: See You Next Mission

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Like... this Friday to Sunday? Hell yeah, that's awesome!

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    More like Logistics Done Quick

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Is It being hosted somewhere or...?

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Is It being hosted somewhere or...?
    I'm sure the details will come soon. Right now they're taking submissions.

Just had a chance to ask spikevegeta if he's able to participate but he's heading out to go to PAX tomorrow.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Fuck me how are they going to get this organised so fast? Her team must be working around the clock

Also *presses reception intercom on phone* Judy, cancel my whole goddamn weekend

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Not having to handle travel/lodging logistics probably helps, but yeah, I wouldn't dream of selling short just how much they're striving to do in how short a time frame.

Damned good to see them springing into action.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Things like this make me proud to be a gamer

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I made a post on the /r/Games subreddit about it, and despite it being a popular post it just really blew up negatively. Lots of arguing about for-profit/non-profit status, that GDQ take a secret cut of the donations, people are better off donating to other charities, nefarious wizards greeding money from disasters, etc... So much so that head director of GDQ, Matt came in to diffuse the situation and answer any questions that were there. Kind of feel bad about it to be honest.

In happier news, Matt also mentioned that Yetee is cranking a design for a single shirt to sell during the weekend. He said Yetee might not make it out in time, but be on the lookout for it.

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    I made a post on the /r/Games subreddit about it, and despite it being a popular post it just really blew up negatively. Lots of arguing about for-profit/non-profit status, that GDQ take a secret cut of the donations, people are better off donating to other charities, nefarious wizards greeding money from disasters, etc... So much so that head director of GDQ, Matt came in to diffuse the situation and answer any questions that were there. Kind of feel bad about it to be honest.

In happier news, Matt also mentioned that Yetee is cranking a design for a single shirt to sell during the weekend. He said Yetee might not make it out in time, but be on the lookout for it.

So, totally normal and unsurprising behavior from a cohort of redditors? Well, I never.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Okay, a specific organization has been chosen. Houston Food Bank.

Remember, as much fun as it is to watch these runs, ultimately it's about giving if you can. This hurricane has been an unpredictable monster surpassing any estimate that could've been made of it.

Edit - Forgot to include their tweet because cute art.

Henroid on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Sweet I'm all in for donating then.

• Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    Lots of good games planned so far

Google Doc

• Options
    Undertale neutral ending race? Wow. They also have a BotW category setup with an incentive to play it on Master Mode. The last thing that catches my eye is the Super Metroid race, because the category is 100% map uncovered. Gonna see some great movement tech there.

• Options
    The schedule is up and official. See you guys in a few hours.
    https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    I think that has the highest ratio of stuff I definitely don't want to miss than any previous GDQ.

Of course it's fewer days, but still.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Super Metroid 100% Map race as the penultimate spot. right where it belongs!

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    But Phantoon demands a blood sacrifice.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    But Phantoon demands a blood sacrifice.

well, those animals are right there...

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I'm not the only one impressed by how quickly this was put together, am I?
    Because even doing it all online instead of renting out a venue this has gone together remarkably fast.

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Because even doing it all online instead of renting out a venue this has gone together remarkably fast.

I wonder if it's because the speedrunning community often does races with participants from all over? I mean, I'm watching a Super Metroid randomizer race right now, and the two runners and commentator are in separate locations, yet it's all slick. The competitors start exactly on time, the layout looks professional....

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    I assume 100% map doesn't mean 100% items?

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Is the LttP race Andy and Christos racing two different formats? I'm confused by what that caption means.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    VishNub wrote: »
    I assume 100% map doesn't mean 100% items?
    That's what would make it part of the race; what items people choose to pick up to help the effort. Safety insurance, etc.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Marathon Organization Done Quick.

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Is the LttP race Andy and Christos racing two different formats? I'm confused by what that caption means.

seemingly yeah

swordless is no sword, all dungeons, won't fight ganon
    open randomizer skips the castle escape at the beginning and you just go anywhere, all chest/event items (ie catfish quake medallion) locations shuffled - only need to beat ganon to win (only crystal dungeons required, unless a progression-required item is at the master sword pedestal)

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    it about to start

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    its kicking off right now!

• Options
    Cross posting from SE++
    Oh shit, important info from the opening of HRDQ.

Subscriptions to GDQ and bits do not go to the Houston Food Bank. Please donate directly.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    tomorrow GDQ, Splatfest, and the Nintendo World Championship qualifiers will all be happening at the same time for me. I'm not sure if I can handle this.

edit: but I'm damn sure gonna try! Also I really need to donate to clear my conscience, as I just spent like $500 on star wars toys today and it just wouldn't feel right not to donate a similiar amount at least after spending so much money on something so frivilous.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »

seemingly yeah

swordless is no sword, all dungeons, won't fight ganon
    open randomizer skips the castle escape at the beginning and you just go anywhere, all chest/event items (ie catfish quake medallion) locations shuffled - only need to beat ganon to win (only crystal dungeons required, unless a progression-required item is at the master sword pedestal)

That's what I thought. But I think I've also seen some swordless open rando seeds?

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Assuming the vs means vs - could still mean they haven't decided or it's a bid war or something?

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Is it only on Twitch this time? Because Twitch runs like crap on my phone.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
    Oops, missed the first 3 hours. It'd be more simple to donate without the bid wars ... but where's the fun in that?

3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    I will be extremely disappointed if save the animals doesn't win in a landslide.

• Options
    I will be extremely disappointed if save the animals doesn't win in a landslide.

yeah this is an occasion where i'd be fully behind everyone backing 'save the animals'.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    A FF4 no 64 run? That sounds niiiiiiice

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Nah, need a competition to raise that money.

YL9WnCY.png
This discussion has been closed.