Options

Games Done Quick: See You Next Mission

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2018
    aw they were close to hitting the non-cheesed wrexsoul fight incentive, too bad

also that pearl spell seems to kill their video capture device every time

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Good news is, they're well on their way to $2 million

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I'm so fucking pumped about this donation train. We're going to hit 2 million at SGDQ for the first time you guys.

If any of you donated thank you <3

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    So which sponsor skips the final 5k?

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    THIS 2 MIL HYPE IS UNREAL

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I went past the funds I set aside for donating this year. Fuck it, every dollar helps.

• Options
    Twitch chat chant

• Options
    2 mil!

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2018
    oh no, he forgot to get alexander lol
    now the undertale and the FF6 runs will be invalid
    guess they'll have to give back all the donations during those runs, oh well

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    And done, great run as expected from Puwexil. Damn, 2 mil at SGDQ... freaking awesome.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    $2,121,795! Creeping closer to AGDQ 2017

Goose! on
  • Options
    Goose! wrote: »
    $2,121,795! Creeping closer to AGDQ 2017
    That's not the actual final total either, they're still doing last minute donation clearances and contributions from their partners in this.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Rockville for AGDQ now
    Wonder if they'll do a big Bethesda games block because they're in the same town now lol

• Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Rockville for AGDQ now
    Wonder if they'll do a big Bethesda games block because they're in the same town now lol
    One of the bid-wars this week had a surprise bonus result; it was determining some DLC skin or something that would come out for a game Bethesda publishes (I forget which game).

Which is to say, I have no doubt Bethesda will at least donate some stuff for prizes. Or maybe even have Todd Howard show up to be on a couch?! THAT WOULD RULE!

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Rockville for AGDQ now
    One of the bid-wars this week had a surprise bonus result; it was determining some DLC skin or something that would come out for a game Bethesda publishes (I forget which game).
    Prey

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    So what were the VOD highlights this year?

Was there anything on the level of Arabian Nights?

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Doobh wrote: »
    no joke, when I was a kid I thought he was a dog person and found it real weird that everyone just took it in stride

Wait..... He's not......?

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    https://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/8va60b/sgdq_favorite_runs_megathread_2018/

In this thread you will find a list of every run with a link to the runner's channel. Also, if you scroll to the comments, it posts each run as an individual comment for users to upvote their favorites, so you can see which runs other people thought were good.

Goose! on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Just learned this was in Minneapolis. Should have gone and checked it out.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Just learned this was in Minneapolis. Should have gone and checked it out.

Technically, I think Edina this year. Last two were downtown though.

Registration this year went fast though, like, <30 min for the first wave. Last year lasted days. So... it's getting harder?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Oh, there was a Wiz'n'Liz run, a game I've played that I'm surprised anyone else knows about.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Phew, got my Yetee shirt order in just now, just over 2 hours left to go on those so don't miss out.

• Options
    Baidol wrote: »
    Oh, there was a Wiz'n'Liz run, a game I've played that I'm surprised anyone else knows about.

The early mornings are usually full of games I've never heard of, so...

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    When does Yetee typically send out the shirts?

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Phew, got my Yetee shirt order in just now, just over 2 hours left to go on those so don't miss out.

Aw dammit. I missed out. Farewell, Train Suplex patch...

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I'm trying to watch this Odyssey run but gosh these guys are obnoxious

a fuckin' "triggered" joke could drop any moment, I swear

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

Week or two after the marathon ends, I believe

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

BlueBlue wrote: »

Since they were all talking over each other during practice they actually scripted the whole thing

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options

I got an email after I ordered, saying that they always get a massive amount of orders during a GDQ so it could be basically anytime between now and the end of August.

• Options

I got an email after I ordered, saying that they always get a massive amount of orders during a GDQ so it could be basically anytime between now and the end of August.

I think GDQ is like black friday for them tbh.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Mr. G wrote: »

Since they were all talking over each other during practice they actually scripted the whole thing

Oh my god the Mario Odyssey commentary was so bad. It was obvious from the getgo that it was scripted. It was like a bad e3 presentation where they try to fake multiplayer banter.

Also the runner dropped an f-bomb while thanking everyone on the planet at the end. I realize that's not actually ban worthy but the whole thing was just obnoxious. The run itself was pretty good though.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    This was my first time donating, and I'm wondering when the prize winners are usually determined and emails sent out. Just so I know when to make my brain accept that I did not win anything.

• Options
    I donated $5 at the end, that doesn't make me eligible for anything does it?

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    This was my first time donating, and I'm wondering when the prize winners are usually determined and emails sent out. Just so I know when to make my brain accept that I did not win anything.

Probably in the rules document somewhere.

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »

Probably in the rules document somewhere.

Good point.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    "On or before August 1". Non-donation entries required to be an option by law to not be gambling or something have a deadline of July 21st, so that's your timeframe I guess.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    "On or before August 1". Non-donation entries required to be an option by law to not be gambling or something have a deadline of July 21st, so that's your timeframe I guess.
    Thanks!

• Options
    edited July 2018
    FYI if y'all are still interested in seeing more speedruns done live (though not always with stellar commentary) visit http://www.speedrunslive.com/

It's like a Twitch homepage for speedruns.

Also the ESA Summer 2018 is coming up in 2 weeks: https://esamarathon.com/news/7462073b-e973-4214-bc37-1c2ed4631df9

Goose! on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Thanks to this thread I have spent about 30 hours this week watching speed runs.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEcv7BD1q9o

TASBot celeste had a few moments where i was like uuuuhhh that was rude

Beasteh on
This discussion has been closed.