As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New Years Eve in 2016 -> New Years Day in 2017

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    to be fair the naming of nsw went something like "oi this reminds me of somewhere in wales" "nah mate i'm not seeing it" "yeah sure not like the Whole of wales, but like the south, innit"

That's a bit from mitchell and Webb

Plagiarist

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    And then you've got quernsland where it's like "oi so i can't think of any names becausr i'm too busy thinking of england" "well what's in england?" "Well it's the queen innit? And i suppose she owns this place right?" "Don't we still have a king at this point in history" "probably not i guess"

And then there's victoria where it's like "well we already named a place after the queen" "but did we say which one yet? "

• Options
    tynic wrote: »
    to be fair the naming of nsw went something like "oi this reminds me of somewhere in wales" "nah mate i'm not seeing it" "yeah sure not like the Whole of wales, but like the south, innit"

That's a bit from mitchell and Webb

Plagiarist

well turns out they weren't even all thaf original or funny if some drunn idiot can think it ip

• Options
    edited December 2016
    anyway there's a fruit platter at this party and i'm having a great time

Lalabox on
  • Options
  • Options

probably is i've never seen it

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    And then you've got quernsland where it's like "oi so i can't think of any names becausr i'm too busy thinking of england" "well what's in england?" "Well it's the queen innit? And i suppose she owns this place right?" "Don't we still have a king at this point in history" "probably not i guess"

And then there's victoria where it's like "well we already named a place after the queen" "but did we say which one yet? "

Victoria chose Queensland over Cooksland because One can never have to many places named after them.

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    whoops

Liiya on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Time is a flat circle

• Options
    edited December 2016
    It's a good skit tho
    *snip*

it's right there
    I posted it for you, helpfully

tynic on
  • Options
    It's a good skit tho
    *snip*

it's right there

i'm at a party nic

• Options
    I'm sure they'd enjoy it too

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    It's a good skit tho
    *snip*

it's right there

i'm at a party nic

And you're posting in a forum. Must not be a very good party.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Yeah I was looking at forum time stamps
    But turns out the forum has no clue that south Australia exists

Strange that many of the places Tynic goes, do not exist in actuality. South Australia, Bielefeld...

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    It's a testament to how populated the east coast is that we never got around to properly n aming the rest of the country.
    Just Northern territory, Western Australia, South Australia.

Correctly spelled, that's Bestralia to you least coast lot.

• Options
    It's a good skit tho
    *snip*

it's right there

i'm at a party nic

And you're posting in a forum. Must not be a very good party.

it was great they had a lovely fruit platter

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    How was the fruit platter, Lala?

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    How was the fruit platter, Lala?

Lovely

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Happy 2017!!! Hoo boy everyone managed to made it alive over here

• Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Rainfall wrote: »
    I've got about eight people coming over for new years, and courtesy of Lalabox I have cocktail gear so I'm going to try my hand at mixing some drinks before I inevitably get super drunk and fall over.

Last new years was a total bust at a cool acquaintances party that I thought I would enjoy but was instead full of very nonsocial people.

NYE is my holiday of choice, though. This year will be very satisfying to yell at as it leaves.

I got introduced to a lovely cocktail on christmas day that was 1.5 shots gin, 0.5 shots sugar syrup and 3/4 shots lemon juice, shake with ice, pour, and the top with champaign/prosecco/bubbly

"French '75"
    It's the cocktail all the food blogs are into this year. I got a bottle of cava and we're going to drink them because it sounds delicious. Currently working out how to batch the gin/lemon/simple syrup and just top off with cava while we're downstairs socializing with other tenants.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    s novim godom and a happy new year, everyone

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I ended up staying up until 12:15 and I had three beers so I guess I really am wild. We sat by the fire and my mate played the London NYE fireworks from last year on youtube on his phone at midnight. Now I'm going to bed and ignoring my new housemate having an argument with her boyfriend. Happy 2017 everyone!

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    My favorite bar is having ten dollar bottles of champagne. And it's my birthday.

Goodbye everyone. The hangover gods shall have me. I'd say it's been a pleasure, but it's been 2016.

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Time is a cube

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
  • Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Last year I was at a rubbish party.

Tonight I'm working and I'm probably enjoying myself more!

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    My favorite bar is having ten dollar bottles of champagne. And it's my birthday.

Goodbye everyone. The hangover gods shall have me. I'd say it's been a pleasure, but it's been 2016.

I want to be there, at that bar.

But instead I'm stocking up my apartment, which is frustrating on foot. Beer is heavy!!

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    I'm celebrating the new year at my sister in law's wedding on the beach. It is 68 degrees and the liquor is free.

• Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Noisymunk wrote: »
    Rainfall wrote: »
    I've got about eight people coming over for new years, and courtesy of Lalabox I have cocktail gear so I'm going to try my hand at mixing some drinks before I inevitably get super drunk and fall over.

Last new years was a total bust at a cool acquaintances party that I thought I would enjoy but was instead full of very nonsocial people.

NYE is my holiday of choice, though. This year will be very satisfying to yell at as it leaves.

I got introduced to a lovely cocktail on christmas day that was 1.5 shots gin, 0.5 shots sugar syrup and 3/4 shots lemon juice, shake with ice, pour, and the top with champaign/prosecco/bubbly

"French '75"
    It's the cocktail all the food blogs are into this year. I got a bottle of cava and we're going to drink them because it sounds delicious. Currently working out how to batch the gin/lemon/simple syrup and just top off with cava while we're downstairs socializing with other tenants.

Oh this is a really excellent cocktail. We decided we'd rather stay in our pajamas and be misanthropes.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I'm in Vegas for work right now and it's the first night we haven't had to do a 13 hour day

We are having dinner at the house and then going to the Bellagio where I am going to spend work's budget to get wriggity-wriggity-WRECKED

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    We're having a few people over and I'm making rum drinks. We've already started in on Zombies, so this is going to be an interesting night.

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    The heater is busted in my apartment, so I am 'celebrating' in a McDonalds. The cashier here has been taking covert sips out of a flask for the last 40 minutes, and his boss deserves the Cool Guy Of The Year award for pretending not to notice.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Mother Mother is playing my new cities New Years Celebration. I may just head down there.

Also there is a The Works burger joint in the downtown square. I also live a short drive from Five Guys.

I'm gonna get so fat, you guys...(ah ha ha no I'm not because until I get my budget sorted out I can't afford things like "food")

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    its new years eve and im in the office

my and s/o have had a rocky year and i feel like i should probably end it for my own sanity

\o/

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    It'd be great if Times Square was empty tonight as a form of protest but party people gonna party.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Just now getting home from work

I guess people want to tour D.C. On New Years night? I do not understand this

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    It'd be great if Times Square was empty tonight as a form of protest but party people gonna party.

Tourists gotta tourist

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Skwigelf wrote: »
    Mother Mother is playing my new cities New Years Celebration. I may just head down there.

Also there is a The Works burger joint in the downtown square. I also live a short drive from Five Guys.

I'm gonna get so fat, you guys...(ah ha ha no I'm not because until I get my budget sorted out I can't afford things like "food")

God

The Works

That peanut-butter-oreo milkshake has definitely reduced my lifespan

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786