As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Should auld [Podcasts] be forgot, and always rewatch shows

Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
edited December 2016 in Social Entropy++
Podcasts were invented in 2006 by Albert Podcasts with the express intent to only be used for watching old TV shows, and doing one episode per week on each episode.

Here is the list of some of the horrible wanted criminals who have broken the law:

566f90f46edbc.image.jpg
WANTED: THE MCELROY CRIME SYNDICATE
These three hooligans have dared to create podcasts on such subjects as advice, medical history, and Dungeons & Dragons play. Once captured, Griffin "Sweet Baby" McElroy will find himself under lesser charges for his service of providing a show about watching the Bachelor family of television products.

220px-CoolScottyAuks.jpg
WANTED: SCOTT "HOT SAUCER-MAN" AUKERMAN
This deviant is wanted on several charges of the most heinous crime: featuring multiple people who have been on television shows, but refusing to walk through their shows on an episode-by-episode basis. Nick Kroll has been there many times, but Aukerman steadfastly refuses to cover each and every episode of the cult classic series "Cavemen."

flophousegroup-665x350.png
WANTED: "THE ORIGINAL PEACHES"
Ugh, I just--listen. Two of these guys MAKE TV. Their show is about watching things ON a TV. Would it really be so hard to flip that thing over to a TNT marathon of Rizolli & Isles, and then record a 40 minute discussion of each and every episode? No, it wouldn't be. It really wouldn't.

Do your civic duty. Hunt these villains down. Definitely do NOT enjoy their products under any circumstances.

6F32U1X.png
Mr. G on

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    The answer is yes. Auld podcasts should be forgot.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

Remember remember
    This last day of December
    OmnipotentBagel forgot
    That there is a reason
    We all just keep feedin'
    Podcasts into our earholes a lot

(They're good!)

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Remember remember
    OmnipotentBagel forgot
    That there is a reason
    We all just keep feedin'

(They're good!)
    That's a good song

CYpGAPn.png
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Remember remember
    OmnipotentBagel forgot
    That there is a reason
    We all just keep feedin'

(They're good!)
    That's a good song

It's doggerel.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

You can buy a copy of the Adventure Zine right now

6F32U1X.png
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Remember remember
    OmnipotentBagel forgot
    That there is a reason
    We all just keep feedin'

(They're good!)
    That's a good song

It's doggerel.

It's called doggorel now.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Damn I didn't know they would have overstock copies or I would have saved up to get one this month.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Every time I see footage of Dragon Quest Builders where someone's built a house out of dirt I scream.

liEt3nH.png
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

You can buy a copy of the Adventure Zine right now

oh nice, thanks for the reminder

got me that zine boi

f2ojmwh3geue.png
    So a really neat thing about this Flop House/TAZ episode that I realized
    They've been saying the whole time that there are 7 of the relics

And yet this current arc, the one to get their 6th, is supposed to be the last arc before endgame

Y'all I think this Flop House episode was about these three giant dumbasses unknowingly destroying the last one, that cauldron and spoon

6F32U1X.png
  • The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular

And yet this current arc, the one to get their 6th, is supposed to be the last arc before endgame

Y'all I think this Flop House episode was about these three giant dumbasses unknowingly destroying the last one, that cauldron and spoon
    Or the endgame is on the quest for the seventh one?

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated

It's possible

but Dan had to do a Wisdom saving throw when he picked the thing up, just like every other time someone picks one of the relics up

6F32U1X.png
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

Reading his recount of listening to it, I think I won't.

• NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Never go from kanye to kanye

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    mixtapes are audio-only amvs

PNk1Ml4.png

It's possible

but Dan had to do a Wisdom saving throw when he picked the thing up, just like every other time someone picks one of the relics up
    Yeah it sure seemed exactly like a relic.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• CharmyCharmy Registered User regular
    I thought I remembered how weird the Super Mario Bros movie was, but this bonus episode of TWA has taught me how wrong I was.

I have a twitter.
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular

It's possible

Yeah it sure seemed exactly like a relic.

Yeah I had the exact same thought but I can't buy it until it's fully confirmed

It'd be real funny if it were, though

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET

Some fans of a certain show may want to read this

6F32U1X.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Well I do love How I Met Your Mother

liEt3nH.png
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular

We do only have proof of one other trio as exceedingly stupid as Tres Horny Boys in this world

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Wow, Danielle really hates The Witness. That's kind of surprising. Not that I know her tastes at all, but that I haven't really heard any opinions on it that weren't within the range of Love-Indifference. Going below that into actual dislike has been pretty rare to see.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Wow, Danielle really hates The Witness. That's kind of surprising. Not that I know her tastes at all, but that I haven't really heard any opinions on it that weren't within the range of Love-Indifference. Going below that into actual dislike has been pretty rare to see.

pretty sure Austin also dislikes it

Aistan wrote: »

pretty sure Austin also dislikes it

Austin's thing is that he hates what the audio logs imply about Jonathan Blow's message for what the game means, which i'm sympathetic with since I hated the audio logs and stopped listening to them after a point. I just don't care about that message because the world is neat and the puzzles were fun.

I also think he's overthinking that message, but that's his prerogative.

austin and danielle both hate the audio logs

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    the first video i unlocked being a long lecture about why art is worthless and pointless and people only like it because it makes them feel good and the only thing worth studying is science was definitely not a strong start for that game's message for me

but eh, i enjoyed the game enough that i didn't really care that most of the videos and logs were obnoxious to me

I have not played the witness but starting off with an anti-art rant in an art makes it seem ironic

PNk1Ml4.png
    -Tal wrote: »
    austin and danielle both hate the audio logs

A big part of her article is talking about how much she hates the puzzles and they gave her a headache and she thinks they were poorly designed, which is what I was surprised to see. The audio log thing i've heard a lot.

That's all, it was just an observation of a perspective I hadn't seen previously.

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    "I just want to know before we start, is the seventh object love?"

"I can neither confirm nor deny that at this point."

And now Griffin is talking about how powerful emotions can produce the most powerful magics of all and holy shit, the seventh relic is love isn't it.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
    -Tal wrote: »
    I have not played the witness but starting off with an anti-art rant in an art makes it seem ironic

that's what i thought at first too but everything else in the game seems to reinforce that

sooooome of the super obscure easter eggs make it seem like it might actually be ironic but if it is it's so quiet about it that those elements make it feel mostly like the game doesn't really have anything to say at all

which it never needed to, but early on it definitely feels like it's trying to, so i dunno

the only good audio log/video in the witness is the really hard to find one that's like an hour and a half long lecture about the history of easter eggs in fiction

edited January 2017
    also Jonathan Blow's whole thing is "holier-than-thou"

I can't believe I never saw the story before where he promoted The Witness by using the logline "I want to make a game for people who read Gravity's Rainbow"

fuuuuuuuuuuuuck off with that

He doesn't get the benefit of the doubt, I'm saying

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    If you guys are saying bad things about the James Burke video I will fight you!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

It's a good thing I never listen to video game audio because it's all podcast time now

PNk1Ml4.png
    the first video i unlocked being a long lecture about why art is worthless and pointless and people only like it because it makes them feel good and the only thing worth studying is science was definitely not a strong start for that game's message for me

but eh, i enjoyed the game enough that i didn't really care that most of the videos and logs were obnoxious to me

You mean the lecture where the guy says that the problem is that people on each end of the spectrum of science and the arts need to stop trying to ostracize the other end, and that the people who mingle in the middle are the most interesting?

This discussion has been closed.