As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokemon] Yellow Inspired Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee Confirmed, Gen 8 Late 2019

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    BugBoy wrote: »
    New trailer stuff
    Huh, new Ultra Beasts. Wasn't expecting those.

Also the trailer confirms this is an alternate take on the story of the original games and not a sequel.

Barely. God, one of their big announcement bullet points was that there's a different cutscene for when you get your starters. Crystal might turn out to be a more substantive update than these.

Eh, it's got new forms, new Pokemon, and new areas. It doesn't look like it's going to be anywhere near as updated as we'd all like it to be, but it's definitely more content than the crystal/emerald/platinum style.

YOU CAN DANCE.

IN A FIELD.

OF PIKACHUS.

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Sure, if you want to

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Emerald totally revamped the story into something that made sense, tho

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rQLqeX_LcQ

This is the first time they've added new Pokemon mid-gen

I mean, they've been adding forms since FRLG, and those were basically always new Pokemon in practice, but this time they should have unique dex numbers and such

Opens up a lot of possibilities for future gens

Fusion, ha

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Sure, if you want to

What, and leave my friends behind?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Only if they don't dance

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Everybody look at your pants

Anyway, Ultra S&M hasn't grabbed me at all yet

Unless they show a lot more I won't be buying it at launch at least

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »

please

my se++ friends

do not let this opportunity go by

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Turambar wrote: »

please

my se++ friends

do not let this opportunity go by

Only with informed and enthusiastic consent

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Only if they don't dance

If they don't dance well

They're no friends of mine

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    this is what it is to go even further beyond S&M

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular

What, like Maximum Over Sun and Moon?

• Options
    Yukira wrote: »

What, like Maximum Over Sun and Moon?

Sun and Moon God Sun and Moon

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    After seeing their animations, I will say that I appreciate that the new UBs are as bizarre as their compatriots.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    new UBs might sell me on the game because I like basically all those weirdos

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    I was gonna get Ultra Moon anyway but the Cube is so cool.

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Marth wrote: »
    I was gonna get Ultra Moon anyway but the Cube is so cool.

But does it have a handle.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Ok, I'm finally getting around to setting up the Egg Swap list, before I do I wanted to check on a few things.

The (currently view-only) link is here. Before I open it up to everyone I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

There's also the matter of getting the starters to your trade partner's USM game. I don't know if Poke Bank is going to work with USM out the gate, because if it did that would make things easier. I was also thinking about leaving sign-ups open for ~ a month before randomly assigning trade partners. I'm open to thoughts and suggestions.

• Options
    I imagine it will--they don't need to do much to update it this time around and I don't recall any delays for ORAS last gen

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    gWlS80Z.jpg

This is a nice piece of promotional art for Ultra S/M and it looks like there's some new characters hidden in the shadows up top.

• Options
    I'm really hoping these games have a way to get HA starters. I wanna breed a good Decidueye but I'm holding out for Long Reach

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    In case folks don't know, purchasing Gold or Silver off the eshop nets you a celebi code for your gen 7 game and a code for a gen 2 themed 3ds background.

It's so nostalgic...

• Options
    In case folks don't know, purchasing Gold or Silver off the eshop nets you a celebi code for your gen 7 game and a code for a gen 2 themed 3ds background.

It's so nostalgic...

Yep, the theme's pretty nice. I've heard however there may be problems getting the codes if your account for the eShop and the Nintendo site aren't connected.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Have they still shown no new Pokemon for US/UM outside of Rockruff and the Legendaries?

What an incredibly obviously skippable game

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Have they still shown no new Pokemon for US/UM outside of Rockruff and the Legendaries?

They've shown two brand-new Ultra Beasts which is infinity% more brand-new Pokemon than literally any other mid-gen release

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

They've shown two brand-new Ultra Beasts which is infinity% more brand-new Pokemon than literally any other mid-gen release
    This is true, but the other mid-gen games weren't based off existing games that had "new versions of old Pokemon" as a selling point that seems tailor made for additions

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

This is true, but the other mid-gen games weren't based off existing games that had "new versions of old Pokemon" as a selling point that seems tailor made for additions

Yeah I guess there's no reason they couldn't introduce more alolan forms like they did with Megas in ORAS.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Owenashi wrote: »

It's so nostalgic...

Yep, the theme's pretty nice. I've heard however there may be problems getting the codes if your account for the eShop and the Nintendo site aren't connected.

I think you should be able to pull it up in the eshop if you go to your receipt there.

Also, after scouring the theme for dunsparce I discovered he's in there, but at the very bottom where the UI will always fit over him.

At first I was annoyed, but it's kind of appropriate for him.

• Options
    Hey BugBoy I got a pretty good Dunsparce in a Wonder Trade recently. Any suggestions for builds?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Coil/Glare/Rock Slide/Headbutt is what I run.

Paralyze and flinch forever.

You can also exchange Coil for Roost, but I really like the buffs from Coil. Leftovers does a decent job of healing when your opponent is barely moving anyway.

• Options
    Coil/Glare/Rock Slide/Headbutt is what I run.

Paralyze and flinch forever.

You can also exchange Coil for Roost, but I really like the buffs from Coil. Leftovers does a decent job of healing when your opponent is barely moving anyway.

Hmm, I like Coil. Neat move I never use for a neat Pokemon I never use.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    ashs-pikachu-all-inline-169.png

The hat pikachu event is live for SuMo. You have to choose one of the six pikachu, as you can only use the code once per game. Up first is Kanto/Johto hat pika, available until September 25

Mystery Gift -> Code -> PIKACHU20

SilverWind on
    signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    I find it funny how an entire episode of the show focused on how much Ash loved that original hat since he had to put in about a hundred entries to win it, then he just tosses it aside when he goes to Hoenn.

• Options
    SilverWind wrote: »
    ashs-pikachu-all-inline-169.png

The hat pikachu event is live for SuMo. You have to choose one of the six pikachu, as you can only use the code once per game. Up first is Kanto/Johto hat pika, available until September 25

Mystery Gift -> Code -> PIKACHU20

Also, here's what each Pikachu has move-wise if you want to factor that into your choice.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Wait, does that imply that Pikachu is only level 20 as of the Sun/Moon series?

Edit: Or does it reflect how many years into the series those games/anime series began?

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Probably the latter, since the numbers seem about right, and looking at Bulbapedia previous "Ash's Pikachu" giveaways were Lv. 50 going back to Gen IV. It's interesting to see that where he usually has a "naughty" nature (which seems to fit the early series, at least), the cap pikachu are "hardy".

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    what can change the nature of a pokemon

• Options
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Probably the latter, since the numbers seem about right, and looking at Bulbapedia previous "Ash's Pikachu" giveaways were Lv. 50 going back to Gen IV. It's interesting to see that where he usually has a "naughty" nature (which seems to fit the early series, at least), the cap pikachu are "hardy".

...This reminded me of when he meets Ash's mom in the third movie.

• Options
    Tube wrote: »
    what can change the nature of a pokemon

Nothing. It's randomly rolled when the Pokemon is generated and you're stuck with whatever it gets. For most events that nature is rolled when you talk to the person so you can keep resetting until you get the one you want, but occasionally they'll fix it so that they all have the same nature.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    That was a very thorough answer, thank you.

This discussion has been closed.