As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokemon] Yellow Inspired Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee Confirmed, Gen 8 Late 2019

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Can't watch the video right now but Serebii summarized it as "twice the story and easier Pokemon training" which is, like, doubling down on everything I hated about SuMo. So that's great.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    pogo80pogo80 Registered User new member
    Is there any way I can garantee to have a Kanto hat, it's honestly the only one I want

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Really, they need to tell us the most important thing at this point: whether 90% of Trainers will have more than a single Pokemon this time.

Nintendo just needs to make a Casual and Challenge choice for Pokemon at this point, they have a large enough audience of both children and adults. They do it for Fire Emblem, why not add it to Pokemon.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Really, they need to tell us the most important thing at this point: whether 90% of Trainers will have more than a single Pokemon this time.

Nintendo just needs to make a Casual and Challenge choice for Pokemon at this point, they have a large enough audience of both children and adults. They do it for Fire Emblem, why not add it to Pokemon.

I imagine the answer to that right now is "different teams", but yes, that would be a great feature.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    pogo80 wrote: »
    Is there any way I can garantee to have a Kanto hat, it's honestly the only one I want

I believe the specific hats were being handed out in specific timeframes and the Kanto hat was the first one. If you want a kanto hat one now you'll have to get it from someone who got extras.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    I've always wanted the option of matching the number of Pokemon you use against opponents. So if someone has 1 pokemon, you use whoever is first in your party. I usually do that against gym leaders on my own just to add a little extra challenge.

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I've prepared two eggs for the egg swap. Only one evolves, though, so maybe I should swap that one first

I swear they're not eevees

SilverWind on
    signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    SilverWind wrote: »
    I've prepared two eggs for the egg swap. Only one evolves, though, so maybe I should swap that one first

I swear they're not eevees

I have Shuckle, Turtonator, and Squirtle eggs already on hand but I'm not using them because I feel it's just too... obvious.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Alright, I want to participate in the Egg Swap, if it's going to release next month.

Now to hop on and figure out what I want to make someone. I have some...options.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

So I can toss ditto and my Pikachu with the Kanto hat in the daycare and get another with the hat?

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    I'd like a Kanto hat, but Lord help me I need some energy to find my shit first.

Yup! Just let me know whenever you are available.
    Brainleech wrote: »

So I can toss ditto and my Pikachu with the Kanto hat in the daycare and get another with the hat?

I don't think special event pokemon can breed a similar event pokemon.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    Riokenn wrote: »
    I'd like a Kanto hat, but Lord help me I need some energy to find my shit first.

Yup! Just let me know whenever you are available.

I don't think special event pokemon can breed a similar event pokemon.

If there's anything unique about their design, they cannot breed period.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    confirmed, baseball caps make you sterile, confirmed

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular

Hm

Twice the story content is quite the audacious claim... and how big was the post-game in Platinum, anyways

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    postgame in platinum... uhhhh... there was a whole fairly big new island you could reach after the elite 4, with substantial routes and a dungeon, that might have been there in Diamond and Pearl though. Also don't remember whether the battle park with all the various special battle attractions was platinum only and D/P just had the battle tower, or if D/P had the full park. I think there was some sort of mansion you could do something with in platinum but I don't really remember what its deal was.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    US/UM is an automatic buy for me as long as the game itself is harder. I couldn't care less about the length, I honestly thought the length of the main storyline in sun and moon as just about perfect for a pokemon game. my main gripe with it was how the game itself really didn't require any thought so long as you weren't doing anything to make it any harder for yourself

all that said, sun and moon were some of my favorite pokemon games to play through in recent memory, so I'll probably end up buying the ultra titles by christmas time

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    anyway, does anyone happen to have a spare kanto hat pikachu? it's the only one that I actually wanted for my collection but I kinda got on the bus a little late and had to settle for a unova one (not that it's a huge issue, the unova hat is also very cool)

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    I loved X far more than Moon

• Options

XY were okay, but the story felt like it was somehow a worse, more incomprehensible version of black and white

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    game-wise, XY is probably in second place for me, with heartgold/silver in third

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options

XY were okay, but the story felt like it was somehow a worse, more incomprehensible version of black and white

I got to the first gym in Black and could not get past it there was no pokemon to level against or anything
    I traded Tepig off it and bred it for the ones I wanted for X with my brother's breeding tips for fire I got some sweet pokemon for level 1 that were in demand

But I really have not done anything since then with Black I just did not like it

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    I don't think I'll get US/M, I don't want to support these development practices.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Shen wrote: »
    I don't think I'll get US/M, I don't want to support these development practices.

Which practices in particular? It seems like they're going out of their way to show they're not just releasing the same games again.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    THE ULTRA HOLE

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    anyway, does anyone happen to have a spare kanto hat pikachu? it's the only one that I actually wanted for my collection but I kinda got on the bus a little late and had to settle for a unova one (not that it's a huge issue, the unova hat is also very cool)

Yup! I have a couple Kanto Pikahats left. I should be on around 7PM tonight if you would like to trade.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular

Which practices in particular? It seems like they're going out of their way to show they're not just releasing the same games again.

It seems like they're making the games they should have made in the first place. I loved Moon but it still felt incomplete especially near the end and in the post game.

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular

I think that generally their ticktock development thing with two teams doesn't work. I want to be excited for a new gen but buying in means accepting that you won't have move tutors or quality of life improvements, postgame content and legendary opportunities that come with the follow up entries.

I hope Pokemon Switch sees a change in their design approach. If not, I guess I can pick up Ultra Switch a year or two after that.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    "Here's the same story you already got but longer" is probably the hardest a Pokemon game has ever tried to unsell me.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    "Here's the same story you already got but longer" is probably the hardest a Pokemon game has ever tried to unsell me.

Except that’s not what it’s saying?

They’re saying the stories will start similarly but begin to diverge, like an alternate universe. The fact that this alternate universe story will also be twice as long is just a thing that is happening.

Also that seems weird to say, considering the third game in every gen has tended to just be the same story with minor tweaks. The only time it was truly different was BW2.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Nirya wrote: »

They’re saying the stories will start similarly but begin to diverge, like an alternate universe. The fact that this alternate universe story will also be twice as long is just a thing that is happening.

Also that seems weird to say, considering the third game in every gen has tended to just be the same story with minor tweaks. The only time it was truly different was BW2.

What I'm saying is my biggest complaint with SuMo was way too much story, so doubling down on that is very unappealing to me.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Nirya wrote: »

What I'm saying is my biggest complaint with SuMo was way too much story, so doubling down on that is very unappealing to me.

It's fair for you to feel that, but not liking more story in a single-player RPG is going to be a sentiment that just doesn't compute with a lot of people.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I think the story amount was fine, it just needed a better balance with gameplay parts

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    hey how do you do those code giveaway tags?

Nevermind, got it. Celebi code.
    Loading...?

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    turtleant wrote: »
    hey how do you do those code giveaway tags?

Nevermind, got it. Celebi code.
    Loading...?

you have just made my night

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Riokenn wrote: »

Yup! I have a couple Kanto Pikahats left. I should be on around 7PM tonight if you would like to trade.

@Riokenn Awesome! I'm around right now, feel free to send me a pm!

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Anyone else still needing to put their details for the egg-swap? I originally said I was closing sign-ups soon, but that's not ironclad if people forgot.

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    According to Serebii, points from the Mantine Surf minigame can be used for move tutors.

• Options
    Shiny Silvally code now available ~

signature.png
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    I think you should also put in the thread title that all the free mega stone codes expire on the 31st.

• Options
    Ooh, thanks! I've really crammed a bunch of text up there...

signature.png
This discussion has been closed.