As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokemon] Yellow Inspired Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee Confirmed, Gen 8 Late 2019

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    darunia106 wrote: »
    Can we have more than one type of gym? Cuz I really wanted to make a rock type kaiju gym and someone already claimed rock type so hmmmmm...

I believe it was said on this very page that overlap is allowed :P

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Got the new Pokemon for Christmas, I'm a few hours in but man I am tired of exposition, just let me run free!

Also I need a Drifloon and don't want to wait for daytime so thats bullshit

...... If you want me to breed you one (I'm no breeder, so the IVs and nature will be v random) quick smart, I'll do it.

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    I'm about to do the first island trial against that trainer with too many 'i' and 'l' in their name.

It's gonna be BOSS.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Got the new Pokemon for Christmas, I'm a few hours in but man I am tired of exposition, just let me run free!

I wouldn't get your hopes up about running free for a while. If this game has a major issue IMO, it's that it sometimes feels less like going on an exciting adventure and more like a guided tour of the islands.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Terrendos wrote: »

I wouldn't get your hopes up about running free for a while. If this game has a major issue IMO, it's that it sometimes feels less like going on an exciting adventure and more like a guided tour of the islands.

Thisi s actually one of the running themes, to me

The whole adventure is set up more like an inter-island cultural festival where adults are there to supervise and make sure the kids have a good and safe time

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »

The whole adventure is set up more like an inter-island cultural festival where adults are there to supervise and make sure the kids have a good and safe time

Nanu's doing a bang up fuckin job then

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

well like, quite literally he is

that's why he's so depressed when you meet him, he failed potown and now it's a hive of scum and villainy while he tries to drown his sorrows in meowths

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    1) When can I get me that goddamned Drifloon in the cemetary?

2) Where these cutieflies? I wanna fluffmosquito.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Kay wrote: »

Difloon shows up during the day only

• Options
    edited January 2017

cutiefly are in a bunch of places, I caught mine in the patch of grass above the route 2 pokecenter (right near the cave for the first trial)

edit: fair warning, cutiefly becomes much less cute when it evolves

but it's actually a pretty good fast special attacker when it evolves so, choices

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular

Yeah he fucked up

But I mean specifically things like there are actually adults in uniforms that are just capris and specifically colored t-shirts who are there to make sure you're doing all right and going where you need to go, and the barriers you can't walk past are just little wooden things, and pretty much everything looks handmade until you get to the endgame

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular

cutiefly are in a bunch of places, I caught mine in the patch of grass above the route 2 pokecenter (right near the cave for the first trial)

but it's actually a pretty good fast special attacker when it evolves so, choices

uh what the fuck Ribombee wears a scarf

it's adorable

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    edited January 2017

it's adorable

I'm not saying ribombee isn't cute

it's just cutiefly is like a 12/10 cuteness and you can't expect anything to compete with that

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

it's adorable

I'm not saying ribombee isn't cute

it's just cutiefly is like a 12/10 cuteness and you can't expect anything to compete with that

Okay, I can get behind this opinion

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    okay turns out i didn't need to grind before the E4 after all because I came in slightly more prepared and beat the whole thing in one pass. Incineroar and Starmie were MVPs, and Gengar didn't even need to come out of the ball once. Crabominable was good for getting his ass kicked repeatedly, unfortunately, so it might be time to shuffle him off the team.

Highlights during the champion battle
    I was doing pretty good despite having every team member take damage from stealth rock, but some careless swap-ins against Primarina saw two of my guys go down to Moonblast. So I threw in Vikavolt hoping to turn the tide. Primarina shot off another Moonblast and it was a pretty big hit, but Vikavolt held on with 1 HP so I wouldn't be sad!!! I fucking screamed, and cackled when Vikavolt came back with Gigavolt Havoc for a OHKO.

My Incineroar also shook off paralysis going against Magnezone (but got paralyzed again shortly after) and managed to hang onto 1 HP when up against Ninetales. That was just enough for me to get a full restore on her, and follow up with a devastating Flare Blitz, winning me the battle.

TL;DR: Pet your Pokemon.

GreasyKidsStuff on
  • Options
    webberwebber Registered User regular
    After an hour of chaining I have a shiny Pikipek!

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • Options
    YggiDeeYggiDee The World Ends With You Shill Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    It's only tangentially related to Pokemon but it's the cutest fucking thing I've seen all day and the song makes me super nostalgic.

YggiDee on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    That is now canon for me.

• Options

And because I have Moon, that means I gotta play at night, right?

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular

Moon just puts your clock forward by 12 hours, so if you play in the evening it'll be morning in-game etc.

If you don't like that you can just put your 3DS' clock forward/back 12 hours.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »

Moon just puts your clock forward by 12 hours, so if you play in the evening it'll be morning in-game etc.

If you don't like that you can just put your 3DS' clock forward/back 12 hours.

There's also a thing you can do post-game to remove the time offset.

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    In refresh, how do I clean the top half of snorlax?

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Grobian wrote: »
    In refresh, how do I clean the top half of snorlax?

Haha, yeah. Just hold the cursor at the top edge of the touchscreen and it will scroll up.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    I always forget, is it best to evolve the trade evolve pokemon early or wait? I have a Kadabra already and we'll have a Haunter shortly

Bucketman on
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I always forget, is it next to evolve the trade evolve pokemon early or wait? I have a Kadabra already and we'll have a Haunter shortly

Trade evos have the exact same learnset progression as their predecessors so you can do it as early as you want with no downside.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    edited January 2017
    I always forget, is it next to evolve the trade evolve pokemon early or wait? I have a Kadabra already and we'll have a Haunter shortly

depends, compare the moves it gets via level up before and after evolving http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/064.shtml

seems like kadabra is fine for that, but iirc there's some stone evos that you really want to nab some moves before evolving

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

depends, compare the moves it gets via level up before and after evolving http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/064.shtml

seems like kadabra is fine for that, but iirc there's some stone evos that you really want to nab some moves before evolving

Trade evos have the same learnset as their preevolution.

stone evos basically have no learnset. They tend to have a lot of level 1 moves that you can only get at the move relearner though

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Stone evolution level-up movesets vary a lot. Some simply can't learn anything from leveling after evolving, but many have 1-4 special new level up moves at medium-high levels. They all have at least 4 moves coded at level 1 in their level up move table that you can get with the move relearner. Also the Eeveelutions are exceptions and all have full normal level up move tables like non-stone evolutions.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Right, any sort of branching evolution involving stones will typically have a couple moves

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    this discussion is making me more secure in my stance of "just check first to be sure"

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    not just the branching ones, the 3rd stage Nidos both have 4 level up moves spread from level 23 to level 58, Arcanine gets extremespeed at 34, Starmie gets confuse ray at 40, Exeggutor has 4 level up moves between 17 and 47 for both regular and alolan forms, etc.

it is EXTREMELY inconsistent

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Is trading in this game any easier or do you still need to trade weird codes

• Options

you do need to swap codes, but the codes are specific to your DS rather than to the game so if you swap codes with somebody for Sun/Moon you won't need to when you get Stars (if you don't get a new DS)

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

Friend Codes will always be a thing for 3DS games and likely for any Nintendo systems in perpetuity.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Heart scales are instantly obtainable and the move relearner lets you pick up basically anything but egg moves at any time, so it's not worth stressing anymore. Unless it's your first story playthrough, but honestly you don't really need to min/max that at all.

• Options
    Knob wrote: »
    Heart scales are instantly obtainable and the move relearner lets you pick up basically anything but egg moves at any time, so it's not worth stressing anymore. Unless it's your first story playthrough, but honestly you don't really need to min/max that at all.

does the move relearner let you get pre-evolution moves now as well? that's the sticking point here

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

Unless they changed something this time around, you can't relearn, say a move you missed out on by stone-evolving too early. It will only show you moves you previously had or can currently learn. So there's still risk of missing out by evolving too early.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular

Unless they changed something this time around, you can't relearn, say a move you missed out on by stone-evolving too early. It will only show you moves you previously had or can currently learn. So there's still risk of missing out by evolving too early.

Pretty sure the Move Relearner will let my Arcanine relearn a bunch of his Growlithe-only moves. Haven't checked since I put Extremespeed on him back before beating the game though.

• Options
    but even for the story team, getting power gem by getting staryu to 37 before evolving is real nifty (especially since you don't get the thunderbolt TM until postgame)

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Pretty sure the Move Relearner will let my Arcanine relearn a bunch of his Growlithe-only moves. Haven't checked since I put Extremespeed on him back before beating the game though.

Nope, just brought a Level 1 Starmie and can't relearn a single Staryu-only move.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.