As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokemon] Yellow Inspired Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee Confirmed, Gen 8 Late 2019

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Oh i assumed it auto renewed thats even better

I guess I completely stopped using the bank like 6 months after it came out but at 5 bucks a year I was pretty okay with just paying that until I died to keep my stupid pixel children safe

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Getting ready to start the first trial. I got a Zorua and a Hawlucha. Just the different pokemon variety has made the game not very samey to S&M

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Knob wrote: »
    Getting ready to start the first trial. I got a Zorua and a Hawlucha. Just the different pokemon variety has made the game not very samey to S&M

Hawlucha owns the first island all by itself.

• Options
    AND I JUST CAUGHT A SHINY COTTONEE

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I found one of the new "Special side quest events" On the first island.
    On the Surf beach at Night a little boy spawns speaking to him has him tell you of the ghost sightings at the trainer school. Go back to the Trainer school and enjoy the creepy as hell music as you complete 7 "Hauntings"

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Zunde wrote: »
    On the Surf beach at Night a little boy spawns speaking to him has him tell you of the ghost sightings at the trainer school. Go back to the Trainer school and enjoy the creepy as hell music as you complete 7 "Hauntings"

That sounds far more exciting than the sidequest in the mall
    Where you literally pick up Poke crap to get the Round TM

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Zunde wrote: »

That sounds far more exciting than the sidequest in the mall
    Where you literally pick up Poke crap to get the Round TM

I remember an event like that in regular sun and moon but I don't remember if it gave a TM

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    The way the pyukumuku you can play with on the beach hops towards you absolutely melts my heart.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Words from the mouth of my brother on his first ever pokemon journey

"What type is Sudowoodo?" 'Rock type' "Bitch it's a tree."

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Psuedo wood o

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    I find myself disapointed with the distribution of pokemon in this sequel. Why not put mimikyu in that haunted school quest? Or at the pikachu paradise? Why not encounter togedemaru earlier? Why not put geodude in the game this time? Sure each route has one or two new pokemon but otherwise everything is basically the same. They should have shaken things up. You can get ditto before Mt Hokulani, do more of that.
    Also there are three ghost hang outs and not one of them has Pumpkaboo? Bah

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    this is why sigilyph is broken in randbats

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-662171279

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    The only Pokemon that should be allowed on your team in randbats are Crobat, Swoobat, Noivern, and Lunala

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Kizmitt wrote: »
    I find myself disapointed with the distribution of pokemon in this sequel. Why not put mimikyu in that haunted school quest? Or at the pikachu paradise? Why not encounter togedemaru earlier? Why not put geodude in the game this time? Sure each route has one or two new pokemon but otherwise everything is basically the same. They should have shaken things up. You can get ditto before Mt Hokulani, do more of that.
    Also there are three ghost hang outs and not one of them has Pumpkaboo? Bah

I found an Inkay and a Zorua within like half an hour of starting the game so I'm pretty psyched about the Pokemon they've got around.

I almost started using Noibat but then I remembered that it's like the idealized Gen V pre-evolution that has awful stats and evolves way too late.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah I'm pretty pumped on how much different stuff I've run into. Like, I guess you could just run around with yungoos and wingulls again, but dang, why, you ain't have to

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    *Refreshes memory on Nobat's evolution level*

Ok yeah, you're getting benched. Speaking of, do we know if USM has a more reasonable place for magnetic evolution?

• Options
    Mantine surfing = easiest BP grind ever

• Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular

Ok yeah, you're getting benched. Speaking of, do we know if USM has a more reasonable place for magnetic evolution?

The electric trial area on island 3 is now magnetic.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Probably late on this, but I just saw Alolan Ninetales' Ultra Sun dex entry and never before has a Pokemon spoke to my very soul like that.
    The reason it guides people all the way down to the mountain's base is that it wants them to hurry up and leave.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    edited November 2017

I heard Blush Mountain will trigger magnetic evolutions now.

Oh, and apparently you can evolve Crabrawler earlier too, since a little section of Mt. Lanikila is available way before you have to go to the elite four.

Moth 13 on
  • Options
    Finished farming comet shards to buy the Luran outfit out of the mall (Also about 200 Hp up's from dumping all my money in Moon into them to send them over to sell for 5000 each) And moved on to the second island.

Then i went back to the first island. Then back to the second. Then back to the first. Then back to the second.

What i'm saying is i can't stop surfing.

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    I can't stop fiddling with the Team Builder, myself. Right now my intended endgame team is Mismagius / Comfey / Volcarona, with Dragalgae as a soft fourth. Still leaves 2 (maybe 3) slots, and I keep wavering between a bunch of different Pokemon. I need physical attackers, so I could maybe swap Dragalgae for Kommo-o, then maybe Togedemaru and Gyarados, but I'm not super fond of Kommo-o and I have used Gyarados before.

What teams are you guys using, or planning to use?

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I'm doing a follow-up of Gen VII Pokemon I like but didn't make the cut last game. Which means mostly Alolan form Kanto Pokemon. Currently also have a Butterfree (an homage to the Yellow Nuzlocke I did for Extra Life last month) holding a spot for my mystery egg.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    dPQksJe.jpg

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I'm disappointed that you still wear the same ugly outfit when using Ride Pokemon.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Safety first nerd

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    If PSAs have taught me anything, it's that you can be safe and cool at the same time.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    If PSAs have taught me anything, it's that you can be safe and cool at the same time.

But have they told you to
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlKL_EpnSp8
    ?

• Options
    Found the place where we can pick up our Mew , Marshadow , Snorlax Z-crystals
    2nd island 3rd floor of the hotel in one of the rooms is a old man who will give you the Crystal if you talk to him with them in your party.

• Options
    KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    I've been running with pink no evolution pokemon this time around with a slot or two left for the evolving dex fillers.
    Bruxish is a near unstoppable monster and I love her. Sorry Alomomola you got benched

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Did Gamefreak do the thing again where they don't patch the original games with data for the new pokemon?

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    Hey so I'm thinking about buying new sun and moon but I'm kinda hesitant since reading a bunch of reviews saying that I'd be buying the same game as the one I own already

What's the consensus here on any improvements in the ultra versions

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    So hey back on the Subject of getting that sweet money.

Recycle payday level 100 Mewtwo with amulet coin and happy hour = 6000 Money a pay-day stick a leppa berry on there and recycle all day forever

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Hey so I'm thinking about buying new sun and moon but I'm kinda hesitant since reading a bunch of reviews saying that I'd be buying the same game as the one I own already

What's the consensus here on any improvements in the ultra versions

It's like halfway between a third version and blackwhite2

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Did Gamefreak do the thing again where they don't patch the original games with data for the new pokemon?

Yep, business as usual. You can't battle or trade anything new with Sun and Moon.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    So, i was planning on getting this, and i dug out my 3DS for the occasion

As it turns out, if it's not plugged into the wall, it makes a popping noise and turns off immediately. It'd cost me $80 to fix it, plus i'd probably need to ship it to America. I can't afford that.

So... I guess i'm going to have to find something else to satiate my pokemon craving!

Somestickguy on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited November 2017

As it turns out, if it's not plugged into the wall, it makes a poping noice and turns off immediately. It'd cost me $80 to fix it, plus i'd probably need to ship it to America. I can't afford that.

So... I guess i'm going to have to find something else to satiate my pokemon craving!

I had a similar issue with mine, except mine would stay on for a little bit before turning off

I ended up selling it to a gamestop and immediately buying a new 3ds xl

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2017

As it turns out, if it's not plugged into the wall, it makes a poping noice and turns off immediately. It'd cost me $80 to fix it, plus i'd probably need to ship it to America. I can't afford that.

I had a similar issue with mine, except mine would stay on for a little bit before turning off

I ended up selling it to a gamestop and immediately buying a new 3ds xl

wow, did they know it was busted?

But yeah, any solution that goes beyond the price point of the game itself is untenable for me right now.

Somestickguy on
  • Options
    edited November 2017

As it turns out, if it's not plugged into the wall, it makes a popping noise and turns off immediately. It'd cost me $80 to fix it, plus i'd probably need to ship it to America. I can't afford that.

You're still in Australia, right? Their service department is in Melbourne.

e: Didn't see your latest post.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options

You're still in Australia, right? Their service department is in Melbourne.

e: Didn't see your latest post.

Unfortunately not, I'm back in Wales and trying to get back to Australia.

This discussion has been closed.