The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[YouTube]s to Share With The Class

• UrielUriel Registered User regular
    I feel mildly amused.

• I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. If one day - you have someone that you like Please tell me. Alright?Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    This video might make you feel ways

i'm not really into The Joker

yrapT1L.jpg
  • bombardierbombardier mr. mully Vancouver, BCModerator mod

UrielDedwrekkadarunia106scherbchenSomestickguySorceGoatmonintropAistanMagellJacques L'HommeironsizideBucketmanCurly_Bracea5ehrenHeffling
  • Mei HikariMei Hikari Registered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    So I keep reading people saying that restricted mode isn't widely used.

but uh it's the primary way of filtering content for K-12 schools

Previously there was youtube for schools but they got rid of that in favour of this.

YouTube is not the only company that does this either, all three of the webfilters I have worked with exclude certain LGBQT heavy categories of websites from their "CIPA compliance" recommendations.

fortunately for the local school district I was the only one in charge of reviewing those broad categories and assigning viewing rights to them so kids have access to them

unfortunately youtube does not give you anything more than a few preset options and they're all bad

so yeah this is a major problem and its major effect is denying vulnerable kids in need resources that could really help them out.
    Not only that, but it is mandated to have a content filter on if you want to get E-Rate funding. No school will want to turn this off.

• chrishallett83chrishallett83 Hi! Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

They've been making these for years now, why can't they get the camera focus right?

• BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    Because they probably compress over the over

A.jpg
    GoatmonbombardierBucketman
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    アルコール0%

Reassuring viewers that what the baby's drinking is 0% alcohol.

Virgil_Leads_You
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    bombardier wrote: »

this is insane and awesome.

BucketmanHeffling
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

They've been making these for years now, why can't they get the camera focus right?

or the jokes

NarbusGreasyKidsStuff
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    So I finally watched a Pretty Good, and it was... pretty.... good....... but anyway I noticed there does not seem to be an episode five? What's up with that?

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    So I finally watched a Pretty Good, and it was... pretty.... good....... but anyway I noticed there does not seem to be an episode five? What's up with that?

He had to pull the Stanislav Petrov episode for some reason.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • AistanAistan Registered User regular
    The reason is that fair use doesn't matter on youtube.

steam_sig.png
  • DedwrekkaDedwrekka What Would Nyarlathotep Do? Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Because they probably compress over the over

They shoot Checkpoint on Twitch and do local recording at the same time, the Youtube version tends to be more compressed than the original stream.

Crippl3
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I feel like that should end with clips of Griffin saying "Nick" dubbed to the Nickelodeon theme.

Real strong, facetious.

JedocDr. Flamingo
  • EncEnc A Fool with Compassion The Land of Flowers (and Dragons)Registered User regular
    edited March 22
    Uriel wrote: »

I tried to watch the first episode of this, and it just wasn't great. Maybe it's just because of nostalgia lenses, but I really found it unwatchable for most of the first episode.

Maybe the later episodes are better? Everyone seems to love it and I enjoyed the clips I see here or there since the original run, but it seems like there are a few bright shiny gold moments in the original show and the rest is sorta "yeah ok."

Enc on
    Guns make you stupid. Better to fight your wars with duct tape. Duct tape makes you smart.

I make Encounter Maps for Pathfinder and D&D! Check them out here: https://falleron.com/
    edited March 22
    I do not understand the appeal of Mystery Science Theatre at all

#pipe on
    GvzbgulHermanoDouglasDangerTheStigMagic Pink
    I mean it took them a little while to find their voice with the show I think. Some of the early stuff is rougher than the later stuff.

Then some people don't care for Joel as much as Mike. Plus since it isn't really a narrative show as much as a framing device for the riffs and skits you can really just pick up any old episode anywhere in the whole run that sounds fun.

I can recommend some particularly good episodes.

BrainleechBucketmanKana
  • ThatDudeOverThereThatDudeOverThere Clock King Registered User regular
    that trailer's in a weird spot because obviously they kinda of have to focus on the outside-the-theater bits when trying to pitch the show to new people

but those bits really aren't what the show's about

UrielDarkPrimusPwnanObrienMs DapperCentipede DamascusBucketmanKanaHeffling
  • ThatDudeOverThereThatDudeOverThere Clock King Registered User regular
    also they've got a random handful of episodes of the original show up already, I'd recommend space mutiny is you really just want a taste of what the show's whole jam is

ironsizideBucketman
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited March 22
    Enc wrote: »

I tried to watch the first episode of this, and it just wasn't great. Maybe it's just because of nostalgia lenses, but I really found it unwatchable for most of the first episode.

Maybe the later episodes are better? Everyone seems to love it and I enjoyed the clips I see here or there since the original run, but it seems like there are a few bright shiny gold moments in the original show and the rest is sorta "yeah ok."

The first episode? Way way back in Season 1 when they were still figuring out what was going on?

Yeah, that's probably not a great starting point. It gets much smoother in later episodes, and you can more or less watch them in any order because the outside-the-theater plot doesn't matter much.

Personally I'd consider Cave Dwellers and/or Pod People to be good first episodes.

SabreMau on
    Bucketman

RMS OceanicCurly_Brace
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Enc wrote: »

The quality of episodes vary wildly based on the film they watch.

Some episodes that some people like others find bad, and vice versa. There are some episodes that have movies that are such stinkers that even the MST3k crew can't make it worth sitting through.

I don't know which episodes are up on Netflix but if Pod People or Space Mutiny are among them, go for those. (Or Santa Claus Conquers The Martians.) Manos: The Hands of Fate is a legendary episode, and I love it, but I don't know if it's the best one to start with.

gCnfF8U.jpg
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited March 22
    Speaking of Netflix

Crippl3 on
    rSjqbNT.jpg?1
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

Jacques L'HommePwnanObrienDedwrekkaBrainleech
  • GoatmonGoatmon Property of Amara Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

or the jokes

or the audio.

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Whens their album

Goatmon

Jedocintrop
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular

I watched this Pretty Good yesterday and my god, I love Frankenberger and Hansen. The former is stone cold and the latter does not give a shit.

- Fixed a bug where the Moon was upside down.
    - Fixed a weird door.
    Crippl3Fencingsaxchrishallett83Didgeridoo
    edited March 23
    Hansen is one of my favourite players, but honestly that situation was such an anomaly that his strategy is actually not as brazen as it might appear. There was basically nothing to lose in a way that is almost never the reality for poker players.

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Cheers Luv! King's RowRegistered User regular

This looks good

tumblr_oj5c1nDyyk1sk79exo1_250.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by beroberos Sig by jawlipops
    Duke 2.0
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Speaking of Netflix

Regardless of how this turns out Willem Dafoe is perfectly cast.

WrIiiPW.png
    masterofmetroidDedwrekkadarunia106Crippl3NarbusTonkkaDysBucketmanCurly_BraceKana
  • AistanAistan Registered User regular

Yup.

And from four years ago

(I'm not saying the video is saying something that has already been said or is bad for doing so. These videos have different focuses and honestly the more people saying this stuff the better. It's just that we're trapped in an endless circle.)

steam_sig.png
    Magic Pink
  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. If one day - you have someone that you like Please tell me. Alright?Registered User regular
    i'll link one too!

yrapT1L.jpg
    KharnorAistan

yrapT1L.jpg
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Hillary had it in his veins Registered User regular
    Has Daft Souls done an episode on Blood Bowl yet? They talked about it in a recent SU&SD podcast but I haven't seen one yet.

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Adding this to the pile:

WrIiiPW.png
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular

A.jpg
    Tonkka
This discussion has been closed.