As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PS Vita: The original Switch

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Molybdenum wrote: »
    Will Iconoclasts get a physical release?

I think Limited Run is trying to get that deal done, yeah.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Hahahaha. It lives.

http://fullbody.jp

Catherine Remake. PS4 + PSVita. Lots of new story scenes + an entire “third Catherine”. No trailer yet.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Speaking of the Vita never dying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAHAa8DYooQ

Digimon. Digital monster. Digimon are the champions.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Wow, that's a pretty quick turnaround. Surprised they're bringing the Vita version over too.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Cyber Sleuth got amazingly dark for a Digimon game, I'm definitely going to have to see where this one goes.

• Options
    MagicalGoatsMagicalGoats Registered User regular
    Vita related question for anybody that might know. Does the Playstation TV play ALL vita games currently? Or is there a list of compatible games that I can find somewhere? PSN seems to think the compatible list for the system means "Display Vita Games" and I don't know if that's supposed to be that way, if it's a bug of some kind, or if it's just a mistake that they never bothered fixing.

There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life, that cannot be improved with pizza.
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Not all vita games are compatible. I'm not sure where to find the compatibility list though.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Vita related question for anybody that might know. Does the Playstation TV play ALL vita games currently? Or is there a list of compatible games that I can find somewhere? PSN seems to think the compatible list for the system means "Display Vita Games" and I don't know if that's supposed to be that way, if it's a bug of some kind, or if it's just a mistake that they never bothered fixing.

Nope, the PSTV doesn't play a large number of Vita games, and it's completely arbitrary as to which ones won't work. Sony's done a great job of hiding the actual list, but here's a list from March of last year.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular

I do not own one but I am positive it is not fully compatible. It is on a game by game basis so your best bet is to look up whatever game you are thinking about and see if anyone mentions it being compatible. Generally though, any game that makes heavy use of the two touch screens is not going to work.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    Well, my Vita is now an AM2R machine. Sadly I got all of five minutes in before realizing my face buttons are a little borked and I'm probably going to need to open it up to re-seat or replace them.

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Wait, there's a Vita port of AM2R?

• Options
    Digimon: Hacker's Memory just launched. Viva la Digimon!

• Options
    PS4/Vita

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO9Wwhfu1R4

Vita still getting some RPG goodness. Basically seems to be Pokemon but with old gods.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    So... Megaten?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Basically, though at first glance it seems to be more like Pokemon in that you're taking what you want rather than negotiating them into servitude. It's also significantly more blatant than MegaTen in what it borrows from, with monsters reaching into Lovecraft and other materials.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Lucifel? I'm uh... pretty sure that's not the spelling.

• Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    I'm sure Cthulu is overjoyed to be given custody of the Power of Wood.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    I've heard really good things about Iconoclasts. Supposedly has really deep lore and surprisingly effective worldbuilding. I'm pretty game for a Metroidvania with those qualities.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Anyone have any advice/ideas to get Vita Remote Play working for me again?

It worked perfectly from work for years. This week, we moved into a new house and got new (and better/faster) internet, and it won't connect from work anymore. It never even finds the PS4 - it just searches forever and then says it cant find it.

When I try from my home network, on the same network as the PS4, it works flawlessly from anywhere in the house, and even the yard. Its frustrating because its impossible to test it without going all the way back to work. So I try some fixes, then the next day try it, if it fails I tweak a thing - try again the next day. Its annoying.

So far all I've done is (I think) open ports 9295 (for TCP), and 9296 and 9297 (for UDP) - I changed it to source "any" and then added those as the destinations.

If this doesn't work I can try to put my PS4 in the DMZ - but I've never had to do that. I set it up years ago in the apartment and can't remember how I got it working...

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »

It worked perfectly from work for years. This week, we moved into a new house and got new (and better/faster) internet, and it won't connect from work anymore. It never even finds the PS4 - it just searches forever and then says it cant find it.

When I try from my home network, on the same network as the PS4, it works flawlessly from anywhere in the house, and even the yard. Its frustrating because its impossible to test it without going all the way back to work. So I try some fixes, then the next day try it, if it fails I tweak a thing - try again the next day. Its annoying.

So far all I've done is (I think) open ports 9295 (for TCP), and 9296 and 9297 (for UDP) - I changed it to source "any" and then added those as the destinations.

If this doesn't work I can try to put my PS4 in the DMZ - but I've never had to do that. I set it up years ago in the apartment and can't remember how I got it working...
    Are you on that beta firmware? I just tried mine from work at lunch today and it didn’t work, and nothing has changed on my network, so I suspect that is the problem for me?

• Options

Are you on that beta firmware? I just tried mine from work at lunch today and it didn’t work, and nothing has changed on my network, so I suspect that is the problem for me?

I am actually. The beta DID work for me on Remote Play before we moved, but since there's no real essential features in it maybe I'll roll it back tonight and see if that helps.

Thanks!

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    As for testing from home: do you have a cell phone plan that allows you to use your phone as a wifi hotspot? You could connect your vita to that for the soul purpose of testing connectivity to your ps4 over the internet while you're at your house and can play with your router.

• Options

I am actually. The beta DID work for me on Remote Play before we moved, but since there's no real essential features in it maybe I'll roll it back tonight and see if that helps.

Thanks!
    Also I just booted up my PS4 and it was signed out, due to an update to the beta.

• Options

Thanks!
    Also I just booted up my PS4 and it was signed out, due to an update to the beta.
    @mxmarks
    Update:
    It's working today *shrug*

• Options

Thanks!
    @mxmarks
    Update:
    It's working today *shrug*

So weird, I downgraded last night (which I don't recommend as it undid every patch to every game and took ages to redownload) and also tried opening some ports and it works great today for me too.

I may upgrade to the beta again tonight and test again tomorrow.

• Options
    Jay FoxfireJay Foxfire Registered User regular
    My brother got me a Vita awhile ago. While it's great I can enjoy playing classic 2d Playstation games like Castlevania: SOTN, Herc's Adventures, Suikoden, and Tomba on the go I'm not sure what else to get. I grabed EDF 2: Escape from Planet Space (best subtitle) as kind of an impulse buy and the controls are a bit unusual for me. Dragon Crown is fun as is Guacamelee and I'm thinking of grabbing Axiom Verge (I got it on the PC). I'll probably get Sundew Valley if it's still coming out on the Vita. Any other recommendation you folks could provide would be appreciated.

Mailman12089.jpg
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Persona 4 Golden is one of the most popular Vita games on these forums.

Gravity Rush is another of my personal favorites.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I think my most played vita game is Darkest Dungeon and if you don't mind the grueling difficulty I highly recommend it.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    If you're willing to import, Super Robot Wars V came out with an English language Asia release last year. It's a lot of fun SRPG. Super Robot Wars X is getting an English Asia release at the end of April.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    My brother got me a Vita awhile ago. While it's great I can enjoy playing classic 2d Playstation games like Castlevania: SOTN, Herc's Adventures, Suikoden, and Tomba on the go I'm not sure what else to get. I grabed EDF 2: Escape from Planet Space (best subtitle) as kind of an impulse buy and the controls are a bit unusual for me. Dragon Crown is fun as is Guacamelee and I'm thinking of grabbing Axiom Verge (I got it on the PC). I'll probably get Sundew Valley if it's still coming out on the Vita. Any other recommendation you folks could provide would be appreciated.

There's a Square Enix sale right now on the PS store. There are some games for the psp and for the ps1. They should all work on the Vita? I'm pretty sure they do. I'm thinking of buying Final Fantasy 6.

• Options
    InterpreterInterpreter Registered User regular
    Armoroc wrote: »

There's a Square Enix sale right now on the PS store. There are some games for the psp and for the ps1. They should all work on the Vita? I'm pretty sure they do. I'm thinking of buying Final Fantasy 6.

If the game shows up on the Vita version of the PS store it will work. There are some PS1/PSP games that don't work completely, but they won't show up on the store. However, if you have those games you can download them to a PS3, and then transfer them to the Vita afterwards.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Does the QCMA back up not work anymore? I have it running but my vita wont connect.

Edit: Another question, my 64GB memory card is showing there is nothing installed on it but that there is only 28GB of free space.

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    They're making another Fate/Extella.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    QCMA still works, I can confirm.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    It's still not intuitive though. You hook up the vita, start QCMA, then do all the management from the Vita. Which is how the official app works too, but it's easy to forget.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    It just keeps saying the Vita cannot connect to it and to install QCMA. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and nothing changed.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Stragint wrote: »
    It just keeps saying the Vita cannot connect to it and to install QCMA. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and nothing changed.

Try reinstalling the drivers.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Only in the west. They're still gonna be making physical games in Japan and Asia.

vagrant_winds on