As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PS Vita: The original Switch

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Woof, the first wave limited run of the Ray Gigant physical edition sold out within 5 minutes. It was already 15% stock by the time I got through checkout.

I'd normally ignore indie prints, but this is a Bandai Namco game so it has a bit more of a pedigree behind it, so it will likely carry more of a value.

They're supposedly doing one more wave at 6PM EST if anyone is interested, and then that will be the totality of the physical release.

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/games/products/limited-run-50-ray-gigant-vita

Just a quick bump for this as the second wave goes online in 15 minutes. This will be the only physical release this game will get.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Thanks. Scored one since it looks both crazy rare and pretty fun.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Wish I had the time for these kinds of sales. Mem card space is a precious commodity.... Before you know it... It's gone :bigfrown: I have 32 gigs and i wish I had that 64 gig card, but damn it's​ expensive!!

Will that thing ever go on sale?

Armoroc on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    So it turns out I'm enjoying P4G this time around. About five hours in and the game has opened up quite a bit more.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    So it turns out I'm enjoying P4G this time around. About five hours in and the range has opened up quite a bit more.

Persona 5 is even better if you can believe that!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    So it turns out I'm enjoying P4G this time around. About five hours in and the range has opened up quite a bit more.

Persona 5 is even better if you can believe that!

From what I've seen I'd love to play it, I just know I would never ever get the chance. P4G being portable just instantly makes it much more accessible for me. Remote Play works ok, but it's not quite as "pick up and play".

Long live the Vita!

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v50YItRXQfw

Akiba's (Tales of Persona) Beat dropping May 16th. Dual Audio.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Don't-kill-the-the-cute-little-girl simulator Mk. II announced

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/04/25/yomawari-sequel-shin-yomawari-announced-for-playstation-4-and-playstation-vita/
    CPd6VVUQAAE_vo_thumb.jpg

Nippon Ichi Software announced in this week’s issue of Dengeki PlayStation that their survival horror game Yomawari is getting a PS4 and PS Vita sequel called Shin Yomawari in Japan on August 24, 2017.

Players got to experience searching in the world of night with a single flashlight as the little girl in the first Yomawari, bringing a sense of fear that comes from the night. Shin Yomawari will carry on that concept for the sequel.

Shin Yomawari will have plenty of scenes and image visuals in a world that is said to be about twice as large as the one from the previous game. More information will be revealed in the near future.

Shin Yomawari releases in Japan on August 24, 2017 for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    Do we have a P4G thread? After resisting for so long it turns out I'm really enjoying it, but I'm not sure I 'get' some bits of it. I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to fusing Personas. Should I bother? I'm not even through the first proper dungeon yet (not what amounts to the tutorial dungeon, but the first proper one).

Should I be applying some logic to who I hang out with? At the moment I pretty much do it based on what I feel like, rather than trying to 'level up' any social links. Is it possible

Is there any advantage to watching the TV on a rainy evening over doing somethings more productive like reading?

I'm assuming the Shrine is explained later on, my courage hit "reliable" just before I entered the first dungeon so I went and had a look in there and got an item and it told me I still had time to go read?

I'm sure as I go along things will become clearer but any help is appreciated!

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Two (related) pointers about P4G:

Grinding dungeons is not necessary. In fact, it may make you quit the game
    Levelling social links helps you in terms of dungeon progression as it will allow you to perform better fusions

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    You should always be fusing Personas. You'll create better Personas than the ones you just find out in the wild. Fusing also has the benefit of "skill inheritance" where some skills from the source Personas can be transferred to the fused result. That combined with EXP bonuses from your S-Links, and you can make some pretty powerful Personas.

I'd say you wanna prioritize hanging out with your crew over hanging out with other random friends. In addition to the EXP bonuses related to their S-Links, they also gain abilities that help you out a lot in combat.

You'll also get more options for stuff to do at night. The part time jobs in P4 are mostly done from home at night, and can earn you money and improve stuff like expression and understanding etc.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Do we have a P4G thread? After resisting for so long it turns out I'm really enjoying it, but I'm not sure I 'get' some bits of it. I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to fusing Personas. Should I bother? I'm not even through the first proper dungeon yet (not what amounts to the tutorial dungeon, but the first proper one).

Should I be applying some logic to who I hang out with? At the moment I pretty much do it based on what I feel like, rather than trying to 'level up' any social links. Is it possible

Is there any advantage to watching the TV on a rainy evening over doing somethings more productive like reading?

I'm assuming the Shrine is explained later on, my courage hit "reliable" just before I entered the first dungeon so I went and had a look in there and got an item and it told me I still had time to go read?

I'm sure as I go along things will become clearer but any help is appreciated!

Also, it's really hard to get the best ending your first playthrough, so I wouldn't worry too much about maxing everything. Hang out with who you like, do what seems interesting. There's a new game+ mode that makes getting the best ending easier. Sit down with a guide and get the perfect ending in NG+. It takes a lot less time on future playthroughs because you can skip all the scenes you've seen before.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    One other suggestion I have is to try and do the new dungeons in just 1-2 nights, early into the rainy time if you can. You can do other things with the rest of the rainy days, like reading. But every once in a while there will be a difficulty spike with the bosses, so it's nice to have a bit of a buffer on the rare occasion you may want to level up a bit or gather more Personas to fuse or whatnot. You could do all of that in one night, but there's a lot less pressure if you have extra nights.

(Even if you wait till the last night and have trouble beating it, you won't get a stuck save or anything. If you fail during the rainy season I think the game just sends you back a week or so.)

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    And don't be afraid to do risky stuff in dungeons. If you die you can just reload at the entrance of the current floor.

• Options
    And as a followup, yes it is getting a localization.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/04/27/shin-yomawari-headed-westward-yomawari-midnight-shadows-fall-2017/
    Nippon Ichi Software is working on a sequel to the PS Vita survival horror, Yomawari: Night Alone. What is Shin Yomawari in Japan will be headed Westward as Yomawari: Midnight Shadows in Fall 2017.

Here’s more about the game from NIS America:

The follow-up to 2016’s cult horror hit Yomawari: Night Alone, Yomawari: Midnight Shadows introduces two brand-new girls, Yui and Haru, to the night and the spirits who haunt it. Separated by a mysterious attacker, each girl will explore haunting and bizarre locations, face the terrors of the night, and test their courage and wits to survive and reconnect with one another.

Yomawari: Midnight Shadows releases in Japan on August 24, 2017. The game releases in the West in Fall 2017 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, and PC.

• Options
    7 hours in and at what I assume is the boss of the first dungeon. I've done it over three days, though I initially failed because I went in to town on the third day to stock up on supplies and took on the giant bowl of noodle challenge, not realising it took up my whole afternoon!

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I hope you enjoy the Meat Dimension.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    One other thing about fusing personas - remember to REGISTER ones you have in the compendium before fusing. That way if you fuse something you dont like and want the old one back - you can just buy it back exactly as it was.

-But remember, it gets tempting to hit the "REGISTER ALL" button, but that will overwrite what you have registered to re-buy. For example, say you have Jack Frost, and he's got some great skills. Register him. Then he levels up again and gets stronger - register him again and overwrite the old one with the stronger one. Then you fuse him away. A day later you get a low level, no good skills Jack Frost through shuffle time. If you hit "Register All" its going to overwrite your awesome one with this new jerk.

It's easy to look at what you have registered (I want to say its the trigger button compares the two?), so just go one at a time and make sure you're keeping the better one in the compendium to buy back later if you want.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Character trailer now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0nD2JQeJxA

IRIC, this game has one of the larger voice line amounts of XSeed releases.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Shame the game absolutely tanked in Japan.

It's like they didn't understand why people enjoyed the first one and decided persona looked real cool.

Bleh.

I imagine it'll do just as bad here.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    On a related note:
    http://kotaku.com/localizer-asks-to-be-removed-from-games-credits-after-d-1794678587

Man decides to die on hill, hill turns out to be a bag of Taco Bell leftovers.

• Options
    Shame the game absolutely tanked in Japan.

It's like they didn't understand why people enjoyed the first one and decided persona looked real cool.

Bleh.

I imagine it'll do just as bad here.

It's more of a Tales of style rpg. At least the combat is all Tales.

And the localized Akiba's Trip game was actually the second game.

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    On a related note:
    http://kotaku.com/localizer-asks-to-be-removed-from-games-credits-after-d-1794678587

Not the first time Japan has had to go, err, did that offend someone?

Way back in the day I used to have a friend sending me tapes of shows from Japan, and I had a tape of the first few episodes of Sailor Moon SS before it got changed to Sailor Moon SuperS and all title cards etc changed for all subsequent episodes and all rebroadcasts of those first few.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    On a related note:

25rihEj.jpg

"...that's not good."

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    On a related note:

I'm normally in agreement with Tom on a lot of censorship things, but this seems to be excessively silly and a non-issue to change a parody joke name to something that's not referencing an unrelated organization based upon racial hatred.

This is the kinda stuff that should change in localization.

• Options
    Curse you all for being right about P4G, I'm enjoying this immensely. The only downside is whilst playing I can hear the chanting chorus of this vita thread repeating "We told you so."

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Curse you all for being right about P4G, I'm enjoying this immensely. The only downside is whilst playing I can hear the chanting chorus of this vita thread repeating "We told you so."

No judgement. Just glad it finally clicked for you!

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Ahem. Judgement is one of the major arcana.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Ahem. Judgement is one of the major arcana.

Not mine! Mine is the Fool.

• Options
    I've just:
    Met the fox at the shrine. Also I tried to fuse a Persona and it failed and I got a crap one. Does that happen randomly or did I do something wrong? I got a trophy for it at least!

• Options
    I've just:
    Met the fox at the shrine. Also I tried to fuse a Persona and it failed and I got a crap one. Does that happen randomly or did I do something wrong? I got a trophy for it at least!

Fusion accidents are just completely random occurrences. It's a good idea to save before fusion in the event you end up with something you don't like.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    I've just:

Fusion accidents are a thing. They happen very rarely though, but if you are about to do an important fusion it is best to save.

Accidents are far less annoying when you choose what to inherit luckily. There is nothing quite as disheartening as sitting and rerolling a fusion for 30 min until you get the perfect combo, and then get an accident.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    I made the mistake of buying Period: Cube thinking it was an RPG based on initial screenshots showing RPG-like status screens(also Idea Factory as the developer). Turns out it was an otome visual novel about being transported to a fantasy world while playing an MMO and the status screens were just background shots.

bamboozled again

Donnicton on
  • Options
    ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    My glacier white vita came in the mail today and its pretty and it's awesome. Wow! Now... to find a memory card :sad: Its my second vita with the oled vita being my first and everyone wasn't kidding when saying that the visuals take a hit. Not by much, but it is noticeable when I compare the vitas side by side. It seems that the slim vita has better speakers at least. All in all i feel good about my second vita. Hooray!

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Is it just me or is it not possible to preorder The Caligula Effect?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    LovelyLovely Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Donnicton wrote: »
    I made the mistake of buying Period: Cube thinking it was an RPG based on initial screenshots showing RPG-like status screens(also Idea Factory as the developer). Turns out it was an otome visual novel about being transported to a fantasy world while playing an MMO and the status screens were just background shots.

bamboozled again

....I feel like five seconds of research would of told you it was an otome game... That and it was also developed by "Otomate" which is also something of an indicator...

Ah, but maybe I'm being a little harsh since I've been aware of Period: Cube for quite a while now (back when it first came out in Japan.) And I only paid attention BECAUSE it was an Otome game. I get it, you wanted to avoid spoilers, sorry ^^;.
    (EDIT- now that I look at the product page on amazon, it doesn't really say in the official game description that's it's an otome or a VN which is... yeah, a little... odd. )

That said, If you wish to be free of it and give it to me as a gift I would totally understand and take it upon myself to ease your burden ~ .

(........I'm kinda broke. but it's on my "to buy in the future" list!)

Lovely on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Is it just me or is it not possible to preorder The Caligula Effect?

From what I hear about the Japanese version, that may work in your favor.

I'm going to wait for reviews of the NA version, but I'm not expecting much.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Period cube sounds like a feminine hygiene product. Not trying to be gross but that's the first thing that comes to mind.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    LovelyLovely Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    No offense taken. When I first heard of the game, I admit I giggled like a fifth grader.

It also amused me because the dude on the front cover just looks SO UNCOMFORTABLE. Like he ALSO realizes the name is .... unfortunate.

k4ue8470pbq0.jpg

Lovely on
    sig.gif