[The Elder Scrolls] Stolen? No! This one found this thread by the side of the road.

1313233343537»

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I don't think they sell LE anymore? Maybe you can find a key through a third party store. There's also VR as an option, but I haven't tried that to be able to weigh in.

SE is what I'd recommend at this point for two main reasons: the memory cap is a lot higher, resulting in better stability (but still not perfect), and support for ESLs (I can explain in further detail if you want) allows for a MUCH higher theoretical cap on mods (end result is that compatibility patches don't need to be considered for load order, effectively).

LE's advantages are there's a lot more mods available for it, but most of them can be converted without too much issue if you find something you really want; its ENBs (post-processing filters) are still sightly more feature-rich, so if you're going for beautiful screenshots and want to put in the effort LE has a higher ceiling; and it's not getting updates with the Creation Club which can break SKSE mods periodically.

So yeah, SE is probably path of least resistance at this point.

CaedwyrElvenshaeL Ron Howard
  • rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited February 15
    Doesn't activating the LE automatically unlock the SE? Assuming both are equally accessible that would be the way to go. I thought Enderal requires the LE for instance.

Also humble store seems to be selling both versions?

Also VR version seems to be a completely separate purchase, if you have the gear for that.

rahkeesh2000 on
    I think the free SE copy if you own LE was a limited time promotion, but I'm not 100% on that.

L Ron Howard
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    I think the free SE copy if you own LE was a limited time promotion, but I'm not 100% on that.

That's how I got my copy, some time well after the event.

Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
    JragghenL Ron Howard
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    It is no longer the case that you get a free se

wbBv3fj.png
    L Ron Howard
    So I'm FINALLY done updating my stuff and checking out/installing all the new stuff which has been released recently (which there's a surprising number of! Weird numbers of people decided to start doing high-resolution textures the past week or two).

kcvdfex8hofr.png

...I think I have a problem. That right number is out of an allowed 255, by the by <_<

In other news which pertains to other people, random reddit "wouldn't it be cool if..." thread spawned a series of mods which may interest folks.

Bandit Economy: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32197
    Civil War Economy: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32247
    Vampire Economy: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32474

And he's apparently doing two more, then going to be combining into a single one (which is what I'm waiting for). Relatively lightweight thing where specific vendors have a percent chance of "selling" things you sell to those merchants, and enemies/NPCs will have a chance of having that equipment in the wild. So you go nuts and craft tons of Daedric armor and sell it all to Belethor? You may start seeing random bandits wearing them.

One other recent thing which is a tool that I haven't had a chance to dig into, but someone appears to have made a much more intuitive way of adding those armors you got to levelled lists:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32319

My forays into trying this sort of stuff made me realize that more than adding armor to leveled lists, I wanted to make OUTFITS and add those, which there's probably SOME sort of automated script out there for that, but I'm not aware of it.

L Ron HowardCaedwyr
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited February 18
    And he's apparently doing two more, then going to be combining into a single one (which is what I'm waiting for). Relatively lightweight thing where specific vendors have a percent chance of "selling" things you sell to those merchants, and enemies/NPCs will have a chance of having that equipment in the wild. So you go nuts and craft tons of Daedric armor and sell it all to Belethor? You may start seeing random bandits wearing them.

Ugh. No offense to you and/or TwinCrows, but this has always struck me as one of the more silly, stupid, and immersion-breaking aspects of level scaling. If I, as a bandit, somehow come into possession of a piece of armor worth as much as a small house, I'm not going to put it on and keep robbing random passersby for pennies and sweetrolls; I'm gonna sell it (for whatever I can get) and retire. And I'm certainly not going to be so suicidally stupid as to try to hold up someone wearing a full suit of it and glowing with every enchantment known to man or mer. That guy is out of my league, and will probably blast/shout/chop me out of my boots before I finish my scripted challenge.

IMO, as a practical matter, you should just stop seeing/fighting bandits after a while. They're all hiding in the bushes, waiting for the one-man Army convoy to roll on past so they can try their luck with whoever comes along that road next.

Commander Zoom on
    steam_sig.png
    Steam, Warframe: Megajoule
    L Ron HowardCapt HowdyElvenshaefurlion

Ugh. No offense to you and/or TwinCrows, but this has always struck me as one of the more silly, stupid, and immersion-breaking aspects of level scaling. If I, as a bandit, somehow come into possession of a piece of armor worth as much as a small house, I'm not going to put it on and keep robbing random passersby; I'm gonna sell it (even for pennies on the septim) and retire. And I'm certainly not going to be so suicidally stupid as to try to hold up someone wearing a full suit of it and glowing with every enchantment known to man or mer. That guy is out of my league, and will probably blast/shout/chop me out of my boots before I finish my scripted challenge.

IMO, as a practical matter, you should just stop seeing/fighting bandits after a while. They're all hiding in the bushes, waiting for the one-man Army convoy to roll on past so they can try their luck with whoever comes along that road next.

None taken - I'm looking at it more from a gameplay perspective of there's potential consequences for cheesing and leveling smithing and enchanting. But I've never been one to die on the hill of Immersion, regardless :)

For Civil War/Vampire ones (vampire includes Dawnguard), it's also a way to buff your "side" - if you sell to Imperial/Stormcloak/Dawnguard/etc merchants, it will arm random spawned NPCs of those factions. Which both makes MORE sense than the bandit one, and would probably bother me more because it'd break the uniformity of the outfits. :P

Commander Zoom