As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The old [Giant Bomb] thread!

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Her character is definitely rocking an Abby-fro.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Always.

Dabby is the best.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Has anybody else read the comments on the Night 3 video on the site? How can someone that ostensibly subscribes to the site be that far off wrt how these guys should be acting in this context? Like, what the hell?

I haven't watched the full night 3 podcast, but the comments on GB can get reeeeeeal stupid sometimes. *shrug* It's part of why I don't post there as much as here. I mean, there are certainly worse places on the internet out there, and GB's mod team seems to do good work, but there's only so much they can do.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    This is like if The Last of Us was a chirpy fun-times romp.

Ceno on
  • Options
    Has anybody else read the comments on the Night 3 video on the site? How can someone that ostensibly subscribes to the site be that far off wrt how these guys should be acting in this context? Like, what the hell?

It's always someone's first GB event/segment/podcast, right? E3 brings in a bunch of people. I'm sure Dan brought in a lot of new viewers who had no idea what Giant Bomb was before he joined.

Also, E3 Night 3 was the least fucked up Night 3 in GBE3 History, so those jabronis in the comments don't know anything.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    Apparently the url dab.expert directs to Giant Bomb now. :lol:

• Options
    edited June 2017
    holy shit this stream

Vinny was hoisted on his own petard by his protege, no less

Ceno on
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

First shot Abby fires is a shotgun blast right into Vinny's back.

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »

I haven't watched the full night 3 podcast, but the comments on GB can get reeeeeeal stupid sometimes. *shrug* It's part of why I don't post there as much as here. I mean, there are certainly worse places on the internet out there, and GB's mod team seems to do good work, but there's only so much they can do.
    GB's mods are fine, but I think this little PA Forum section of the internet is generally the best behaved and interesting community in video games.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular

GB's mods are fine, but I think this little PA Forum section of the internet is generally the best behaved and interesting community in video games.

Given how old Penny Arcade is, forumers likely skew older than other communities plays a part in that.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    "That was thrilling. I murdered somone." - Abby

• Options
    GONG-00 wrote: »

Given how old Penny Arcade is, forumers likely skew older than other communities plays a part in that.

Yeah, and you could also say that the forum has matured along with its userbase. I'm sure a lot of us remember the wild west days of the early-to-mid 2000s, and there's plenty of evidence of how things used to be in the archived messages.

GB's community probably also skews older, given the age of the longer-time staff.

Also, wish I could watch the stream right now, but alas, I am at work. I can technically *watch* it, but not hear it since I'm in a public place.

• Options
    They have moved to Hitman now.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    If only Annie had another shell or two loaded up she could have cleared that whole car.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    GASP! Dabby is Hitmanning!

My heart!

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    Now she's doing RE7 VR and I feel so bad for her. I appreciate her doing this for us, but jeez.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Vinny fucking with Abby while she's in VR is the best

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Just checking the audio.

akajaybay on
  • Options
    At first I thought it was mean, but eventually it helped to undercut the tension.

Typical good dad tactics. Why did I ever doubt him?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Oh my God this Beastcast episode. Dan what the hell; I'm on your side but this is too much. Next week's corrections/emails are gonna be epic.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Huh, got an email from Gearbox stating that they are helping Epic to release Fortnite July 25th...

Edit:
    Oh, just the physical Deluxe edition copies. Still odd

Really messed up on their part not announcing it would drop in a fortnight.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    In the continuing saga of me watching old videos of Giant Bomb, I really appreciate Drew's reaction to the BnB corps in MGS4, especially the obnoxious over the top sexualization of them. His mix of sigh, head shaking, and look of disgust is pretty much my reaction as well.

never die on
  • Options
    I think he acknowledges that it's a cool thing they're trying to do, that is botched and mishandled incredibly poorly in execution.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Oh my God this Beastcast episode. Dan what the hell; I'm on your side but this is too much. Next week's corrections/emails are gonna be epic.

Without context there are a million things one could get upset at Dan for doing during a beastcast episode but 2 cents to add in on his college escapades; the professor(s) who decided self study/side projects were equivalent to course credits; and not just passing but A's which there were certainly students who completed said course work and received a lower letter grade; were at fault at the time. They enabled Dan at at the time; could arguably have lost their jobs or the University could have been sued. It was a public university; they have a curriculum; other students that completed said curriculum are compared against Dan; it would take probably minor googling to figure out who helped Dan breeze through college, if they still work there, he shouldn't tell that story.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I think he acknowledges that it's a cool thing they're trying to do, that is botched and mishandled incredibly poorly in execution.

the concept of "sex sells" being incorporated into PMCs as a business is a really smart idea

unfortunately, it's being done by hideo kojima, the man who dressed quiet the way he did because he wanted to see cosplayers dress like that

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

He does later state in the last MGS4 episode that he thought the idea wasn't bad, and that having one of them was cool, but all four of them being the same character beat while also being mixed in with skin-tight catsuits, an egregious male gaze camera, and the bizzare ass sexual strangling and photo-op scenes were really bad.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Wasnt the whole photo shoot thing some easter egg thing? The bodysuit thing is typical nonsense, ofc, but I thought that camera mode stuff wasnt expressly required for the fight

• Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Damn, I hope they work out those bugs for Friday the 13th. Seems like it would be a solid addition to Murder Mondays.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    I would have thought Jeff would be all about Nex Machina given his love of Smash TV etc and the fact that it's a balls to the wall incredible game. That ql was a bummer.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

the concept of "sex sells" being incorporated into PMCs as a business is a really smart idea

unfortunately, it's being done by hideo kojima, the man who dressed quiet the way he did because he wanted to see cosplayers dress like that

But she could suffocate if she has clothes on. Because of the chlorophyll. And something something.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    I would have thought Jeff would be all about Nex Machina given his love of Smash TV etc and the fact that it's a balls to the wall incredible game. That ql was a bummer.

Jeff's love for Smash TV is all about nostalgia.

• Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »

But she could suffocate if she has clothes on. Because of the chlorophyll. And something something.

Please ignore the End, who works the same way as her

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Veagle wrote: »
    Damn, I hope they work out those bugs for Friday the 13th. Seems like it would be a solid addition to Murder Mondays.

That game had a widely publicized closed beta where it was played by a number of steamers. They all said basically the exact same thing like 4 months ago.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    never die wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Please ignore the End, who works the same way as her

Or why a tshirt and shorts wouldn't have the same effect. Or why she can survive in a shower/the rain without feeling like she's getting waterboarded.

• Options
    Eating Taco Bell in a white wedding dress

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    That doesn't look like a Waluigi suit that Dan is an imposter

E: Oh he went with the same kind of wedding band that Jeff has, nice.

Aistan on
  • Options
    My wife and I still need to get wedding bands. We just celebrated our third anniversary together. Original plan was to get them a few months after we got married, but...eh.

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    I just hope they didn't have to rely on the Taco Bell kitchen for the cake too.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
This discussion has been closed.