As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The old [Giant Bomb] thread!

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    The spoiler sounded kind of neat and I actually didn't mind hearing it, but honestly I have no idea if I'll ever play the game.

In more DrewNews, his Patreon cracked $19k and he's doing an AMA in about 45 minutes:

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Man, I bought The Fall on Wii U! And the Wii U already died and there's a new Nintendo system and there still isn't a sequel!

Re Nier: It went into my Steam Wishlist. I'm still playing Zelda, ME:A is due next week, I still haven't played River City Ransom and oh my God so many games.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Wasn't that spoiler for The Fall during the GOTY talks? Those are always listener-beware-we-could-spoil-anything-at-any-time territory. I feel like they still put an up-front warning about that when it came up even.

As has already been said, Brad is the worst about that will he or won't he spoil this. Like you can almost see him rocking back and forth in his seat wanting to just let it out.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Yeah it was. I was using it as an example of how a spoiler motivated a buy from me though.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Yeah it was. I was using it as an example of how a spoiler motivated a buy from me though.
    Yeah, I remember Patrick and maybe a couple others saying the same thing.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I recommended that Dan and Vinny do Rescue Rangers for the next Run, since Capcom is putting out that Disney afternoon collection.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    GBeast needs to do a 3 person coop playthrough of Secret of Mana. (Fobwashed originally proposed this idea when Austin was there)

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Oh man, Dan would have to be the Sprite.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    From that 1099 Podcast with Vinny, he mentioned a feature he had been trying to get done for a while featuring him, Austin, and Drew. When Austin left, he said he was just going to replace Austin's role with Dan (!) but now that Drew has also left, it's not looking so hot.

I do wonder what the hell it would have been. Something educational, no doubt. When you lose The Professor and The Scribe, you get The Village Idiot.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Mass Effect looks... pretty bad

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Why do the people look so bad.

I don't get it?

• Options
    This is so fuckin' bad.

• Options
    Yeesh Mass Effect looks really bad

This is, like, creating a new "WTF happened" GOTY category

• Options
    The writing is butts.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Yeah this is just sad.

• Options
    It looks really terrible, and that's the start of the game which they probably spent a tremendous amount of time on?

• Options
    This is like if the fourth season of Battlestar Galactica got handed off to the Stargate people.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    august wrote: »
    This is like if the fourth season of Battlestar Galactica got handed off to the Stargate people.

But Stargate was cool.

• Options
    Stargate is garbage.

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I am really glad I chose not to preorder ME now.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    I hope this gets put up as a video later, the commentary is great fun. More than the actual game...

• Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    ME1: Next Generation
    ME2: Deep Space 9
    ME3: Voyager
    ME Andromeda: Enterprise?

-SPI- on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    august wrote: »
    Stargate is garbage.

Is "garbage" some kind if new hip way to say "cool?" I can't keep up with you kids and your slang these days.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Unfortunately Stargåte doesn't do enough deconstruction of the Orwellian commulist anarcho-religion of the goa'uld and cannot therefore be considered cool.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I'm sad to hear the new Mass Effect is apparently bad. I wasn't going to buy it out of the gate, but I was hoping for another fun adventure in that universe...even if it's in another galaxy.

On the other hand, it's not like I don't have enough to play already.

• Options
    I just couldn't stand Stargate after they killed off my favorite character:

4u92mzc8xujd.png

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    If the ME series is StarGate, then ME:A is Stargate Universe, aka the really bad one.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Brad sounds like he's trying to will this game to be good

• Options
    Ok, so now that he's on the planet jet packing around, the movement part actually seems kind of cool? Maybe the uhh...combat is really good?

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    It's a long game, a rough start doesn't mean it's the worst thing ever

• Options
    It's not the end of the world or anything, it just makes this seem more like a Mass Effect 3.5 than a 4 from what I've seen on this stream so far.

• Options
    Sure, but that can only carry a game so far. Atleast a single player space opera.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I haven't minded the face designs in stills I've seen but seeing the animations now I don't know. It did not look good. I remember Inquisition being fine in this respect?

The writing doesn't seem to be aiming for a target audience I am a part of.

I'll stop and wait for more coverage before buying this. Honestly surprised.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Vinny will be so disappointed if Andromeda is bad.

• Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Mass Effect 1 was the game I bought an Xbox 360 for. I bought an Xbox One at Christmas partly out of anticipation for this.

... Right now, it's looking like a pass for me. Those facial animations are just bad, and I'm turned off by the caliber of dialogue/writing that we've seen so far.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    If the ME series is StarGate, then ME:A is Stargate Universe, aka the really bad one.

I think you mean Stargate Infinity, the second season of Universe was actually pretty good.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    Vinny I will be so disappointed if Andromeda is bad.

Like, I sold my PAX tickets to a get a new PC, basically so I could play this game and Deus Ex Mankind Divided. Right now I'm 0 for 1, I NEED this.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    Vinny I will be so disappointed if Andromeda is bad.

Like, I sold my PAX tickets to a get a new PC, basically so I could play this game and Deus Ex Mankind Divided. Right now I'm 0 for 1, I NEED this.

I mean even if Andromeda is bad you'll still eventually get a game that'll make that cost worth it

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Mass Effect is a series that i've never really been able to pin down who I can trust regarding reviews and impressions of it. Probably mainly because i've been so all-in on it since day one and it's never disappointed me significantly, so i've never had cause to read reviews or learn what other people's likes and dislikes of it are. Even among the Giant Bomb people. I know Vinny loves 2 a lot, but that's kind of all.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Mass Effect is a series that i've never really been able to pin down who I can trust regarding reviews and impressions of it. Probably mainly because i've been so all-in on it since day one and it's never disappointed me significantly, so i've never had cause to read reviews or learn what other people's likes and dislikes of it are. Even among the Giant Bomb people. I know Vinny loves 2 a lot, but that's kind of all.

Brad gave Mass Effect 2 five stars.

Jeff gave Mass Effect 3 four stars.

This discussion has been closed.