As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The old [Giant Bomb] thread!

19495969798100»

Posts

  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    To be fair:

    No one likes KH.

    there we go

    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I talked with someone at PAX who legit seems to like and understand the lore of KH.

    I don't get it either.

    steam_sig.png

    3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Brad is truly lucky that it turned into a thing with rotating guests (although maybe that was always the plan?).

    Hell, I feel relieved for him.

    NNID: Rehab0
    Medium Dave
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    I liked KH back then but it has aged REAL bad. It was never that outstanding but it was unique. It's like FFXI. Good memories but damn I can't ever go back to that!

    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    PenumbraMedium Dave
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I mean eventually, I figure it'll rotate back to Brad again

    steam_sig.png

    3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Or maybe it ends after Tarzan...

    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • never dienever die Registered User regular
    Kingdom Hearts 1's biggest issue for me is the first two worlds you explore after the introduction, Tarzan and Alice in Wonderland, are also the worst worlds in the game.

    Somestickguy
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    KH1 felt like a thing that would never fully explore the potential of a mashup like that and then it totally did anyway. It got crazy in depth, Mickey shows up as a mysterious hooded figure, at once point they even have a brief fakeout
    where goofy fucking dies except it's a disney game so c'mon not really
    .

    I really liked the first Kingdom Hearts, never beat the second, and then they had too many weird offshoots and spinoffs and confusing things I couldn't get into it. I haven't been watching the feature but if it had Ben/Abby that'd be way more enticing to me than the first episode I watched.

    Twitch Streaming basically all week
    SniperGuyGaming on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    The Tarzan level is genuinely the worst part of the game by far

    If Ben makes it through there he can make it through the rest

  • never dienever die Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    KH1 felt like a thing that would never fully explore the potential of a mashup like that and then it totally did anyway. It got crazy in depth, Mickey shows up as a mysterious hooded figure, at once point they even have a brief fakeout
    where goofy fucking dies except it's a disney game so c'mon not really
    .

    I really liked the first Kingdom Hearts, never beat the second, and then they had too many weird offshoots and spinoffs and confusing things I couldn't get into it. I haven't been watching the feature but if it had Ben/Abby that'd be way more enticing to me than the first episode I watched.

    Your spoiler happens in the second game.

  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    never die wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    KH1 felt like a thing that would never fully explore the potential of a mashup like that and then it totally did anyway. It got crazy in depth, Mickey shows up as a mysterious hooded figure, at once point they even have a brief fakeout
    where goofy fucking dies except it's a disney game so c'mon not really
    .

    I really liked the first Kingdom Hearts, never beat the second, and then they had too many weird offshoots and spinoffs and confusing things I couldn't get into it. I haven't been watching the feature but if it had Ben/Abby that'd be way more enticing to me than the first episode I watched.

    Your spoiler happens in the second game.

    Dear God they would never make it through the intro from KH2.

    That section kills people.

    lionheart_m
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    never die wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    KH1 felt like a thing that would never fully explore the potential of a mashup like that and then it totally did anyway. It got crazy in depth, Mickey shows up as a mysterious hooded figure, at once point they even have a brief fakeout
    where goofy fucking dies except it's a disney game so c'mon not really
    .

    I really liked the first Kingdom Hearts, never beat the second, and then they had too many weird offshoots and spinoffs and confusing things I couldn't get into it. I haven't been watching the feature but if it had Ben/Abby that'd be way more enticing to me than the first episode I watched.

    Your spoiler happens in the second game.

    Welp, this is how well I remember these games. Doesn't Clay Aiken voice Sephiroth?

    Twitch Streaming basically all week
    SniperGuyGaming on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    IIRC it was Lance Bass.

    steam_sig.png

    3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    IIRC it was Lance Bass.

    Yeah you're right. Welp.

    The Destiny 2 quicklook is fun. I want more east west mashups.

    Twitch Streaming basically all week
    SniperGuyGaming on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I bought Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 on PS2 a long time ago. I think my brother played a little bit of the first one, but I never ended up trying it out. The second game still sits in shrinkwrap.

    In hindsight, the PS2 era was when I really started getting a backlog.

  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    You know that one scene in Arrested Development?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUKmq7UMJys

    That's pretty much my exact reaction after every episode of Kingdom Heartache, getting stronger with each one.

    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    DiannaoChongZilla360GlalRehab
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    You know that one scene in Arrested Development?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUKmq7UMJys

    That's pretty much my exact reaction after every episode of Kingdom Heartache, getting stronger with each one.

    I like the part of the episode where Ben talks about getting food poisoning instead of going to the park.

    steam_sig.png
  • RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    I talked with someone at PAX who legit seems to like and understand the lore of KH.

    I don't get it either.
    Oh, so you got to meet Alexa Ray Correia?

  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I talked with someone at PAX who legit seems to like and understand the lore of KH.

    I don't get it either.
    Oh, so you got to meet Alexa Ray Correia?

    I mean, yes I did, but I was talking about somebody else.

    steam_sig.png

    3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    I talked with someone at PAX who legit seems to like and understand the lore of KH.

    I don't get it either.
    Oh, so you got to meet Alexa Ray Correia?

    I mean, yes I did, but I was talking about somebody else.
    Huh, so there are two people in the world who like that game, weird.

  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Austin and Danika on GBE playdate this is not a drill

    SteevLGONG-00SeGaTaiwebguy20ShadowfireSeidkona
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Abby was on Breakfast and Battlegrounds this morning, too.

    steam_sig.png

    3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    Austin and Danika on GBE playdate this is not a drill

    Looking forward to this.

    Also, I'm working on tidying up the OP for the next Giant Bomb thread!

    webguy20lionheart_m
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Waypoint, Giant Beast, and parts of Polygon (really, just Patrick Gill) are forming a megawebsite of millennials and Vinny.

    steam_sig.png

    3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    GoodKingJayIII
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Blimey, Abby is a terrible liar.

    edit: How is this woman such a good actor and improviser?

    cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

    3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Have they ever done a PS1 stream?

    I really want one of those.

  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I was listening to Abby talk about being in kindergarten in 98. . .

    Then I had to turn it off and drink.

    Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
    SeGaTaiKreutzNeurotikacooljammer00lionheart_mCormacMedium Davewebguy20GoodKingJayIIIRehabGONG-00Genji-GlovesSyphonBluedarunia106The Deliverator
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    I was listening to Abby talk about being in kindergarten in 98. . .

    Then I had to turn it off and drink.

    I was in college.

    Don't worry, we'll all be dead soon.

    finnith
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    I was listening to Abby talk about being in kindergarten in 98. . .

    Then I had to turn it off and drink.

    There are adults who were not alive then

    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Man this UPF was awesome. Definitely loved Ben's segment and Rorie's tech support. Also Genesis FF5 music.

    Edit: apparently it went sideways during Brad's segment? Wonder what I missed...

    lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I've been searching for other pictures of Jeff Gerstmann for the next thread (might just keep the one I have), and it kind of bothers me that when I type his name into Google, one of the first suggested searches is "Jeff Gerstmann wife."

  • RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    I've been searching for other pictures of Jeff Gerstmann for the next thread (might just keep the one I have), and it kind of bothers me that when I type his name into Google, one of the first suggested searches is "Jeff Gerstmann wife."
    That's pretty common with "celebrity" name searches. I think Google might just be doing that in general cross-referenced with a person database of some sort.

  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    @SteevL it does that with ANYONE. I don't know what that says about us.

    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    @SteevL it does that with ANYONE. I don't know what that says about us.

    Listen, we all already know people like to fuck.

    steam_sig.png
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    I mean fuck whomever but my wife please:(

    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Ah.

    Well, regardless, new thread is up!

This discussion has been closed.