As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The old [Giant Bomb] thread!

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I don't thnk so? Website stil says "videogame news and reviews"

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Gamespot does a Game of Thrones podcast.

The exact type of GoT podcast GB did as a joke during E3, which was just like 6 minutes of people going "I dunno, I don't watch that show"

Also GB's fanbase is passionate and pays subscription dollars AND might actually use the stuff they advertise on the Bomb/BeastCast. GB is smaller than GS, but certainly no slouch. As long as Jeff can point at a number of dollars that they bring in and tell the suits to leave them alone, they should be fine.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Gamespot does a Game of Thrones podcast.

The exact type of GoT podcast GB did as a joke during E3, which was just like 6 minutes of people going "I dunno, I don't watch that show"

Also GB's fanbase is passionate and pays subscription dollars AND might actually use the stuff they advertise on the Bomb/BeastCast. GB is smaller than GS, but certainly no slouch. As long as Jeff can point at a number of dollars that they bring in and tell the suits to leave them alone, they should be fine.

Yup, but what about Gamespot?

• Options
    Gamespot is still pretty big, last I heard. Maybe not as big as in the past, but they have their fingers in so many pies that they maybe make their money elsewhere.

Then again, there's a reason they fired all those editors a few years ago, and it wasn't cause people were foaming at the mouth for game previews/reviews.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Also I've had a Ska Pandora station going on at work for about a week now.

I'm pretty sure I like ska.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    This bombcast was even more negative than I expected, and I was expecting an extremely negative podcast.

fun fun.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Jeff Gerstmann is still a threat

steam_sig.png

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Gamespot is also a terrible website and i dunno why anybody would go there

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    gamespot.com used to be my go-to site for video game stuff, followed by IGN and some other sites. Sometime in 2006 or so I got more into 1up.com, and by the time Jeff got the boot I had already stopped going to Gamespot with any regularity. It's kind of funny how I didn't really have any appreciation for the personalities at Gamespot until I got to know them better via Giant Bomb. I remember seeing one video Gamespot put out with Jeff in the early 2000s and I came away thinking he was a meathead fratboy type. It's hilarious how wrong I was about him in hindsight.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Im so happy that science has determined that Marvel Super Heroes is a truly great fighting game.

• Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    More Science! Over 900 fighting games to cover still so that should see them through until they retire at least.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    The science of One Must Fall 2097 demands to be evaluated towards the front of that lengthy queue.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Oh man the first 10 minutes of this Beastcast. I love that Dan always brings out these mini Screened segments from Alex.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Austin saw that Jaden Smith and Shia LaBeouf started up some 4-year livestream protest against Trump and it was close to him, so he went there and had something to say this morning before it got reeeeal crowded:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLWUje80CLM

• Options
    austin is real good at words.

i wish i got to hear him more these days.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    You guys should get Austin to run.

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    austin is real good at words.

i wish i got to hear him more these days.

Yeah, I'm really happy that the guy is running Waypoint and I think that his voice comes through in a lot of the articles that get greenlit on that site. BUT, I miss seeing him more in the front and the articles that he would write.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    holy shit

this video is so well done

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    You can hear Austin two or three times a week.

Waypoint Radio is a podcast he does with Danielle, Patrick, sometimes others.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    And I do, but he doesn't have as much time to do articles and such as he used to himself.

Also, I'm not the biggest fan of Danielle or Patrick really which makes Waypoint Radio not as great. I don't hate them or anything they just don't really entertain me at all in the way someone like Austin does.

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    You guys should get Austin to run.

Walker/Riendeau 2024.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Dan has incorrect Mario opinions.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Im so happy that science has determined that Marvel Super Heroes is a truly great fighting game.

I wish they would make a sequel without all those dumb Capcom characters one day

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    https:// youtu.be /3d294j0nyuE
    I was hoping I'd see a mash-up video like this one. Sometimes the internet does not disappoint. :D:lol:

And also, holy shit Austin. #MicDrop

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    holy shit

There's no way this isn't a bit that they're fully aware of

• Options
    Alex made a pretty good comment in response to Dan yesterday during Blue Bombin'. Skip to around 1:13:00. Dan tells a story about messing with kids.

Alex's response was
    "I feel like you're just describing your relationship with the Giant Bomb audience."

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Austin saw that Jaden Smith and Shia LaBeouf started up some 4-year livestream protest against Trump and it was close to him, so he went there and had something to say this morning before it got reeeeal crowded:
    https://www. youtube.com/ watch?v=hLWUje80CLM
    From listening to the latest Waypoint, it turns out that Austin wasn't even aware that that was Jaden Smith (he didn't recognize him), he only found out later when someone at Vice pointed it out to him.

Amazing. :lol:

• Options
    To be fair who gives a fuck about jaden smith

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Jaden Smith is a putrid little toad who tells people to drop out of school and who wants to be a religious prophet.

Shia Labeouf is okay.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    holy shit

There's no way this isn't a bit that they're fully aware of
    You think they actually remembered their previous reaction from when Dan didn't even have facial hair?

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    Jaden Smith is a putrid little toad who tells people to drop out of school and who wants to be a religious prophet.

Shia Labeouf is okay.

Shia Labeouf is a shithead who mistreats and abuses assistants.

Jaden Smith is at least good for a laugh, even if unintended.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    The Beef is also a plagiarist.

• Options
    Considering all the goodbye stuff Mary has been posting on social media, it's unlikely she's just moving next door to GB.

Still holding out hope for a move to GBEast but that's unlikely.

steam_sig.png

• Options

what if i want to hear austin in a context of something that is good though? :(

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options

what if i want to hear austin in a context of something that is good though? :(

I mean he is literally appearing basically out of thin air to talk into a weird street art protest project thing. What else can you ask for?

In all seriousness, he does do game streaming stuff too. I'm watching a video of him and Danielle playing Hitman.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Only just got around to watching the Giant Machines 2017 QL and man. Dan thought ore was wheat, because the resource collectors in Command&Conquer are called Harvesters.
    That's amazing. <3

• Options
    I gotta say, Dan Ryckert puts all the excuses we've heard from other GB staff about content draught to shame

Dude has consistently put out premium feature after premium feature and just reviewed Resident Evil VII

Reminds me of the Whiskey days when they were hungry and put out massive amounts of content

This discussion has been closed.