Options

How do you put your pants on?

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Button then zip
    Darmak wrote: »
    Blake T wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    Wait you don't just grab the bottom of the tshirt and pull it up and off? It inverts it for you so the wash/dry doesn't ruin the graphic if it's a graphic tee too.

Then I'd need to turn it back the right way, insanity!

Yeah, in all my 30+ years I've never had a tshirt graphic get ruined by the wash. I've owned some tshirts for 15ish years too and while they're a little faded, the graphics are still on them just fine.

My wife just informed me that also apparently you're supposed to shake each article of clothing after taking it out of the wash and before putting it into the dryer? It's supposed to prevent wrinkling? Neither of us have ever done this, but I'd never even heard of it until now.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Button then zip
    tynic wrote: »
    I think this is the point where everyone makes demo videos.

Like a collection of clumsy nerd strippers.

Maybe when I get home from work. It doesn't exactly work the same with button ups.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Zip then button
    I thought I zipped first, but now I am doubting myself. I'm not wearing pants today to check.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I am a decidedly unfancy lad/lass who only wears sweatpants
    Wait you don't just grab the bottom of the tshirt and pull it up and off? It inverts it for you so the wash/dry doesn't ruin the graphic if it's a graphic tee too.

Yeah, in all my 30+ years I've never had a tshirt graphic get ruined by the wash. I've owned some tshirts for 15ish years too and while they're a little faded, the graphics are still on them just fine.

I don't like the faded look

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Pants are for weaklings and cowards
    Alright, I just experimented. I grab by the collar and lift the shirt over my head.

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Zip then button
    Removing shirts the Uriel way.

Step one. Pop my arms into the sleeves and pretend that some velociraptors got them.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Zip then button
    For shirts I grab my sleeve with one hand, pull my arm out, use that arm to push the shirt as I draw in my other arm, then get it off over my head.

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Zip then button
    Step two. From inside the shirt push up on the collar over my head then quote Tod Flanders from the Simpsons episode Realty Bites "I'm a torso!"

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Button then zip
    Alright, I just experimented. I grab by the collar and lift the shirt over my head.

Alright, try this.

- Grasp the bottom hem of the shirt with both hands, the right hand on the front left section and the left hand on the front right. Your arms should be crossed in front of your body.
    - Lift and uncross your arms, simultaneously. It may feel a bit weird, but the two motions should go together fairly smoothly.
    - Raise your arms fully above your head, removing the shirt. The shirt will now be inside out over your forearms.
    - Pull one arm out of your inside out shirt. Now it's just in the one hand.
    - You can pretty much do what you like with it now, you're just holding a shirt, mission accomplished. I recommend doing something cool and sexy, like cracking it like a whip or slam dunking it into your hamper.

I think those instructions cover it. It's really hard to write it out without doing it myself though, as I've trained myself enough that it's just a natural motion by now.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    One Lar at a time
    I usually take off my socks by using my feet to slide my socks so they are halfway off my feet, and then flick them into the air. I wait until both are airborne before I snatch them out of the air and then dunk them into my hamper.

Ladies.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Button then zip

I don't like the faded look

Not being able to wear our favorite shirts for all our lives is just a slow-burn reminder about the impermanence of all things.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    You tuck your arms into your sleeves and bring them up through the collar. Then wriggle your whole body out the neck hole like it's giving birth

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    One Lar at a time
    What is a shirt

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Button then zip
    What is a shirt

It's that thing I use to cover my disgusting torso

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    One Lar at a time
    With my two feet and a heartbeat

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Button then zip
    How to remove a t-shirt:

giphy.gif

• Options
    One Lar at a time
    The best thing about that scene is the fact that you can still see the back half of the shirt

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    One Lar at a time
    What is a shirt

It's that thing I use to cover my disgusting torso

I thought that was skin

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Zip then button
    tynic wrote: »
    I think this is the point where everyone makes demo videos.

Like a collection of clumsy nerd strippers.

No Blue Ranger threads

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Zip then button

My wife just informed me that also apparently you're supposed to shake each article of clothing after taking it out of the wash and before putting it into the dryer? It's supposed to prevent wrinkling? Neither of us have ever done this, but I'd never even heard of it until now.

Doesn't the dryer do the shaking for us? I mean, that is 50% of its function.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I'm lazy. If I can, I leave the pants buttoned and zipped when taking them off or putting them on.

So, N/A.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Zip then button
    This is how I take off my shirt.

https://youtu.be/leyO85-rROQ

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
  • Options
    I'd be okay with this

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Zip then button
    I think I switch back and forth between zip-and-button and button-and-zip. And then I have some super stretchy skinny jeans that have zero fasteners to them at all. It's all just sewn shut.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Button then zip
    I'd be okay with this

Velcro sucks though. Like it breaks down way too fast.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I think I switch back and forth between zip-and-button and button-and-zip. And then I have some super stretchy skinny jeans that have zero fasteners to them at all. It's all just sewn shut.

that's frightening

I'd be worried about too big of a lunch

bowen on
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    I'd be okay with this

Velcro sucks though. Like it breaks down way too fast.

if I'm going to be honest

we should allow like yoga pants and shit for non customer facing jobs

velcro business suit is my middle ground here

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Zip then button
    I remove my shirt by vapourising it with the intensity of my pasty white skin.

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Tangentially related to pants: one night at the convenience store a couple came in to buy chocolate cake mixes, frosting, and then other assorted chocolates including one single pack of chocolate laxatives.

I wish I knew what happened.

• Options
    Button then zip
    Tangentially related to pants: one night at the convenience store a couple came in to buy chocolate cake mixes, frosting, and then other assorted chocolates including one single pack of chocolate laxatives.

I think you know what happened.

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

I mean like with a vivid retelling and tears of laughter

• Options
    Button then zip

True, not all imagined scenarios are equally hilarious.

• Options
    Button then zip
    Maybe I'm a horrible person but now I'm imagining them going to a public park and just leaving the cake on a table where a large group birthday party is being held.

• Options
    they probably hosted a party for their neighbors they didn't like

• Options
    Button then zip

Nah, if you host then they know who to blame.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Zip then button
    not if it's a pot luck!

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular

no, no just tears

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options

Nah, if you host then they know who to blame.

brought it over for a neighborhood potluck?

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Zip then button

that's frightening

I'd be worried about too big of a lunch

They're actually considerably more comfortable than most of my other pants, exactly because they're so stretchy. There's no need for fasteners! If they can get over my LadyHips, they can handle any LunchStomach I can give 'em.