As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Harmonix] New Rock Band peripherals are coming!

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    JonBob wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    So looking at other posts on this page, stuff that lost their license and subsequently got relicensed will just show up for me no problem, right? Is there a handy compendium of stuff that lost their license and hasn't been relicensed?
    http://rbdb.online has a flag for availability, if you are interested in stuff that used to be in the store and isn't anymore. But if you have bought the track, it generally is available for download regardless of whether Harmonix has a current license to sell it or not.

Thank God I can still force my wife to sing Poker Face like Eric Cartman.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    And I'm guessing I don't even have to ask if the Beatles is still walled off?

Perhaps you should ask anyway. Just in case.

HAI GUYS BEATLES STUFF IS TOTALLY IN ROCK BAND 4 BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE EASY AND CHEAP TO DO, RITE?!?!?

I mean, the Beatles just got their own Sirius XM channel, so the fact that we still can't export Beatles song into Rock Band is quite frankly, a slap in the face.

GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER HAMRONIX

• Options
    JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    Okay, MMS is in the green. With a little work we can stay there. I might have a bit of time tomorrow before board game night kicks off.

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Rock Band 4 and guitar get, woo. Now time to mess around with my 360 stuff and get things to transfer.

Edit: wait, Rock Band 3 has an update available after all this time? Don't tell me it's to change the publisher yet again?

Edit edit: oh my god, they bothered to changed the publisher on the intro screen again. That's hilarious.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    Holy crap, the transfer process is relatively painless. I was expecting to have to select every single song individually for redownload, but nope, the game automatically started snorking everything up, even from Lego.

I know this is old hat to you guys, but this really is an amazing feat. Mucho kudos to Harmonix!

If anyone wants to add me on Xbox I'm Wordherder.

• Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    I wish there was an optional patch you could download to uncensor the songs, it really takes me out of the moment when I'm playing old Chili Peppers and every other word is bleeped.

• Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »
    I wish there was an optional patch you could download to uncensor the songs, it really takes me out of the moment when I'm playing old Chili Peppers and every other word is bleeped.

The next best thing is having a singer on the mic who very enthusiastically puts the swear words back in (not that a friend of mine does that or anything ...).

• Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2017
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »

They actually said never to this recently : V

But due to the reaction of censoring of that RHCP track it pretty much ended the idea of any more songs coming to the game but heavily blanked.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    It was always a touchy subject. Picking a song that heavily laden with expletives was asking for trouble.

• Options
    No DLC this week

• Options
    Heh, I probably hopped on this train right as the boiler's starting to sputter out.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    There is DLC dating back to 2007. I think you'll be fine.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    There is DLC dating back to 2007. I think you'll be fine.

Indeed, and thanks to buying shit needed for Rivals, I hit 1000 DLC songs this week.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Eh, I'm not complaining. Hell, it's still a minor miracle we got RB4 at all.

• Options
    SIEA delisted packs fixed a few moments ago:

Metallica 01
    Blood Sugar Sex Magik
    Electric Six 01
    Night Ranger 01
    REO/Styx Pack
    Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers 02
    Universal Motown Republic Rock 01
    Get the Funk Out 01

it's just the packs right now, the singles aren't fixed yet

• Options
    And they just announced the update lands tomorrow. Stuttering is now fixed across all platforms forever.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Finally!

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    And they just announced the update lands tomorrow. Stuttering is now fixed across all platforms forever.

oh thank god so it's not just me getting old

it was so inconsistent and rare that I couldn't figure out if it was actually happening

• Options
    yeah, they said it was deep in the engine but should be fixed now. must have been hard to track down because their attempt in january totally fixed it for me, I haven't stuttered since that update.

• Options
    Now I just need to figure out what's causing the intermittent interference with my wireless headset and demolish it with a baseball bat figure out how to stop that from happening and all will be well

I mean, except from having to deal with getting all my DLC from the PSN store but

• Options
    sir_pinch-a-loafsir_pinch-a-loaf #YODORegistered User regular
    As part of the press release issued today announcing the launch of the June Rock Band 4 update, the first details on the month’s DLC schedule were also announced. Six songs were announced as coming during the month of June, including two free tracks from Permaband, and a Rock Band Rewind song, with more to be named later. They are:

Dream Theater – “Pull Me Under”
    Fleetwood Mac – “Go Your Own Way” (First appeared on Rock Band 2)
    Permaband – “Killing Is Just A Means…”
    Permaband – “Wrecking Machine”
    Pierce The Veil – “Circles”
    Rush – “Freewill (Vault Edition)”

• Options
    edited May 2017
  • Options
    Heh that Pierce The Veil song is ingrained in my mind thanks to that Rock Gaming thing on PS4's Spotify app.

Sounds fun at least.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options

Strum and HOPO lanes?

• Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    Freewill and Pull Me Under?
    Okay Harmonix, I will give you money.

• Options
  • Options
    Oh hey look at that reddit is still a festering cesspool

• Options

Strum and HOPO lanes?

yup

About fucking time.

• Options
  • Options
    So does XP really do anything but brag to people how much you've played?

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular

It gets you achievements a few times up to level 50.

Other than that, nope.

• Options

just for shiggles past 50

• Options
    I mean; does Prestiging in COD do anything? As long as the numbers go up...

• Options
    i mean, there is only a 3,800,000 exp gap between 50 and 100. I think they're confident that new level cap should satisfy the number-keeps-going-up people for a while.

• Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    So I discovered that my fretboard on my RB4 launch guitar will just cut in and out in regards to working. What are my options for resolving this?

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Freewill and Pull Me Under?
    Okay Harmonix, I will give you money.

I'm a little hesitant on Pull Me Under with the way they charted the vocals on Metropolis.

I've done actual live performances of Dream Theater and Queensryche songs when I was in a band 8-9 years ago and can sing pretty much everything off Images and Words in the original octave, but the vocal tracking and/or charting of the song in RB4 hates me for some reason.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    Any first impressions of Missions (which were added this week)? And is it true that the stutter issue has been solved or at least vastly improved?

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    Thirith wrote: »
    Any first impressions of Missions (which were added this week)? And is it true that the stutter issue has been solved or at least vastly improved?

Missions are basically an excuse to play songs you might not usually play and in that they succeed pretty well

They're also just things that you can apparently slop in all over the place because I've finished a silly amount of them just playing the game

I've played maybe 6 hours and no stutters but frankly the stutter issue was fantastically sporadic for me so I'm not sure that means anything