As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Harmonix] New Rock Band peripherals are coming!

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    eh; my Crimson Stars aren't that impressive. It's just Karaoke.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    We were right on the cusp at 60. I banked us another 4K xp and topped things off with a 300K guitar run on Panic Attack.

Move Minor Standard is once again gold.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    PS4 was pretty easy going to get to gold this week.

I think we only had one person other than myself put in xp and we were never outside of the promotion zone

• Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2018
    For those that care, Bodies does not have harmonies even though it had a RBHP upgrade and is shown in the preview vid as having the multiple fillbars from harmony mode

edit 5/25: apparently whoever did the harmony upgrade did not sign the rights to their work over so none of their RBHP upgrades will carry over.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Alright Move Minor Standard, unless someone comes in and takes me over in the last ten minutes, we're at 61 and in the green for promotion. Thanks to everyone for getting us close enough so I could contribute some tonight!

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Hmm...Disturbed, Evanesence, and Freezepop. Rather eclectic mix this week.

Just for fun I may give a shot at vocals on Going Under a full octave higher than Amy Lee sings it (counter-tenor for the win!), if only to annoy my housemates.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Going Under was an RBN song right? I know I've played that one before.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    (general xpost across all the RB places I post at)

I hope Harmonix undoes the exp change they did with Rivals this season re: Brutal.

I like getting a bonus, but it shouldn't become the only way a crew has to play to get to Bloodstone. I can play half the plays of the rest of B-Sides but near double their EXP, while technically playing 'worse'.

You're also better off now playing Brutal getting 5 stars rather than doing it regularly and getting Gold. I'm not sure that's rewarding skill anymore, since now I have to get much less points (ie, i can 5 star at 300,000 points and ignore the 150,000 points i'd need for Gold/Crimson regularly, essentially playing less hard), and is more of a .. strategic planning. In the previous system, it was the same exp for 5 starring Crimson as it was Gold Starring Expert. Which seemed about right.

I'm sure they'll figure it out, but as much as I love Brutal mode, I hope it doesn't become the only way to play Rivals. The way Rivals worked, and worked great IMO, is that one side of the crew was the skill of placing the spotlight scores, and the other side of the crew was gaining EXP if you're not an FC monster. With the strafication of EXP gain on higher difficulties, and Brutal being overpowered as all hell in EXP gain on top of that, crews are technically better off consolidating into Brutal-capable players instead of being a mix of both player types. This would seem to have a negative side effect of Hard and lower players being ejected out of crews and Expert level players would have to be in the "regularly gold stars" tier.

It's also hurting online matchmaking because Brutal can't be played online.

Surprisingly, most of the Brutal players I've seen on Reddit are in agreement.

If I have to spend the next season playing 100% Brutal like I've done so far in this one, it'd be tempting to just check out of Rivals.

• Options
    JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    Huh. I must have missed that adjustment entirely. It would be trivial for me to rack up XP in Brutal, just tedious. If they had integrated Brutal as a difficulty choice in the normal interface, I'd do it pretty often, but since I have to back out to the main menu I rarely do it. Maybe I have to.

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    JonBob wrote: »
    Huh. I must have missed that adjustment entirely. It would be trivial for me to rack up XP in Brutal, just tedious. If they had integrated Brutal as a difficulty choice in the normal interface, I'd do it pretty often, but since I have to back out to the main menu I rarely do it. Maybe I have to.

Yeah, I may start breaking out Brutal on Bass to improve XP farming and concentrate on GS'ing the Spotlight songs on Expert to maximize the score on them.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    I’ve recently found myself playing normal Expert, and then if I feel like I did well enough that I can do a song on Brutal switching over... but yeah, it needs to be integrated. At least an option where normal Quickplay only gives the difficulties up to Expert (and shows scores up to Gold Star) and then entering Brutal mode gives all 5 difficulties (and scores up to Crimson).

• Options
    edited June 2018
    JonBob wrote: »

It was briefly posted on the subreddit and their own forums. Here was their chart for a song 3:45 in length

61dSjVv.png

also i'm fairly sure the massive nerf to 1 and 2 stars across the board was to counter people automating vocals/drums to just spam notes, which would get you to one or two stars.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I'm not liking our odds for Diamond this week. I banked 10K XP and decent scores on guitar and bass on the spotlights (including 2 Full Combos) and barely moved the needle.

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    I'm not liking our odds for Diamond this week. I banked 10K XP and decent scores on guitar and bass on the spotlights (including 2 Full Combos) and barely moved the needle.

There are only 326 teams in platinum so far, so at 20% promotion, just 64 of them are going to move up. Unfortunately, we may have to wait a week or two for a bigger pool.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Can I just say "Fuck Activision"? They nearly killed the whole market for this type of game with their over-saturation, then GH Live seemed to only exist to spite RB4.

• Options
    Damn shame. I was actually thinking about picking it up now that it's super cheap.

• Options

they link to the Mad Catz guitar, lol

• Options
    Well I imagine they don't want to scare off potential new customers with the price that the other guitar is going for on Amazon.

• Options
    jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Damn shame. I was actually thinking about picking it up now that it's super cheap.

Its story campaign is still playable and really fun to experience once.
    It is a Real egoboost mode, where you are the guitarists for bands and POV live-action video 'reacts' on your performance.

The online stuff was disappointing with all the power moves like bombs that destroy notes on whatnot. Also not live-action.

jammu on
    Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Options
    I am perhaps much happier than I should be that Country Song is back

• Options
    edited June 2018
    YEEEEES. buying it right away

https://youtu.be/hpz2Cyqy78E

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I know that JoCo song was on RBN before, what about that Anamanaguchi track?

• Options
    Airbrushed is RBN too.

• Options
    Dirty wrote: »
    Well I imagine they don't want to scare off potential new customers with the price that the other guitar is going for on Amazon.

I don't know but I think I might be the only one wishing I could drop $500+ on a super well built guitar with easily replaceable parts.

Because I would legit do that in a heartbeat because holy shit am I tired of phantom strums and broken tilt sensors.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    I would probably be a lot more upset about the build quality if I was on the same level as some of the more hardcore players. But I kinda get a mild Rock Band itch every 3 or 4 months. Even my old PS3 guitar is still in great shape. Also, I just skip all the metal songs. I imagine that alone adds years to my guitars' usable life.

Dirty on
  • Options
    I wish I still had my old RB2 drums. Man those were the best. Every set I've bought since has sucked ass.

• Options
    DfnXoCXW0AAOYo-.jpg:large

• Options
  • Options
    Xbox Crew (also applicable to others):
    For the current challenge, make sure you play Dead Black (Heart of Ice) on Expert Brutal a few times. It’s 100% talkies, and provides a nice XP bump for each play through.

My availability to play next weekend will be much worse than this weekend, so maybe we can make the push to Diamond this week?

• Options
    edited June 2018
    I'm streaming Brutal if you want to come watch. trying out mixer on my xbox.

https://mixer.com/fyrewulff

edit: back to my twitch for now

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Annd that's me done with Rock Band for a month until the next season starts (if we have a two week break between seasons)

6uoumndwl8fv.png

Did the entire season in Brutal mode. Will write more about doing that later, but, unless I take a break I'm gonna burn out on this shit.

my crew's exp screen a few hours before the week ended

mrdgq6i7ecj4.png

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    I got PAPS4 in the promotion zone tonight but any help would be appreciated. Unless people go nuts we're probably good on spotlight songs but some crew xp over the weekend might help make sure we make Diamond.