As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Harmonix] New Rock Band peripherals are coming!

• Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    they've already confirmed season pass will never be a Rewind

• Options
    edited October 2017
    My crew made it to bloodstone

QzjG6mf.png

eVrW7Ef.png
    And now to take a month off Rock Band until Season 3

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Ooh, wonder if it'll have the big rock ending from Guitar Hero II for Them Bones.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Is the cutoff for promotion still the 80th percentile?

PAPS4 is sitting at 82% right now and I'm not sure if we need to grind out some more songs tonight to be safe.

• Options
    No DLC this week. Apparently they were going to try something new but clearances couldn't be gotten in time so whatever it was has been pushed back.

• Options
    14 layoffs at Harmonix, including their community manager HMX Josh

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Oh man. HMX Josh has been there forever.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    I worry that Dropmix was a real drain on their resources. It seems a super niche product even by Harmonix standards.

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    JonBob wrote: »
    I worry that Dropmix was a real drain on their resources. It seems a super niche product even by Harmonix standards.

It's a product that seems to still be getting sent to retailers despite officially having been released weeks ago. I think how it performs during this holiday season is going to be the make or break for it - and that's going to depend on Hasbro actually buying ad time for it.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I plan on picking it up when I get a chance

I mean, it's probably going to end up just being a neat party trick rather than something I dive deep into but eh I feel like I owe Harmonix for the literally thousands of hours of entertainment they've provided to me.

• Options
  • Options
    sir_pinch-a-loafsir_pinch-a-loaf #YODORegistered User regular
    edited October 2017

edit: Surprised not to see a Rewind symbol next to "I Want You Back" since that was in Lego RB

sir_pinch-a-loaf on
  • Options
    Man it’s bad but I’m actually used to MJF take on Johnny B. Goode. It’s the first one I did listen to.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    I'm very curious to see that roadmap, especially since they've just laid off more people at Harmonix, including one of the main community managers. I still greatly enjoy the game, but I'm constantly expecting support to wind down, which would be a shame.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Man it’s bad but I’m actually used to Mark Campbell take on Johnny B. Goode. It’s the first one I did listen to.

• Options
    @Thirith I kinda expect this too. Then again, man I’m happy with all the DLC we have. If anything I wish they’d expand on the season/challenge rewards. And have Matchmaking again.

• Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Thirith wrote: »
    I'm very curious to see that roadmap, especially since they've just laid off more people at Harmonix, including one of the main community managers. I still greatly enjoy the game, but I'm constantly expecting support to wind down, which would be a shame.

The fact that they seem to have abandoned the annual expansion angle they were playing up when Rivals came out last year really worries me.

Ov3rcharge on
  • Options
    Ugh my phone sucks but they just linked the first two weeks of DLC.

• Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Ugh my phone sucks but they just linked the first two weeks of DLC.

Seems to be “Slow Ride” and “Play That Funky Music.” Seems to be the radio edit of Slow Ride.

Edit: Week 2 is “Bad Reputation” and “Blister in The Sun.”

Ov3rcharge on
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    I played drums last night for the first time in like 5-6 months. It was very fun. I might play again tonight. Not sure how frequently I will be able to play in the future, but hopefully I can hop on a little more frequently now

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    I played drums last night for the first time in like 5-6 months. It was very fun. I might play again tonight. Not sure how frequently I will be able to play in the future, but hopefully I can hop on a little more frequently now
    Welcome back to the fold!

With a competent drummer (I could fill the void if my fucking arthritic ankle wasn't in such pain), even if it just sporadic we have a real shot at Bloodstone this season.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    So one decade per week in this Rivals season, then?

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    A free song for your Xbox and PS4 to promote a Nintendo Switch release

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    A free song for your Xbox and PS4 to promote a Nintendo Switch release

Something something gift horse...

• Options
    Oh, I'm not mad, that's just a bit funny

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    I won a drawing for a Super Beat Sports code and while I've only had a chance to play like 30 mins of it, its fun.

• Options
    Is ir just me or the 70s challenge was a bit...limited? Hopefully this week’s challenge will have a lot more songs available.

• Options
    Is ir just me or the 70s challenge was a bit...limited? Hopefully this week’s challenge will have a lot more songs available.

It had a wealth of choice if you had the AC/DC track pack :P

• Options
    Oh right I didn’t download the whole pack. Man I wish we could get RB2’s Let There Be Rock instead of the live version. I really can’t sing that one no matter how hard I try.

• Options
    I played Burnin For You a bunch last night, and I don’t know how I got the high score I did the first day I played it.

Is there a good resource where people talk about optimal overdrive spots or something?

• Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    This new approach to Crews is going to be a net negative for Move Minor Standard, I think. I'm pretty sure we're going up against a bunch of fully staffed 10 person crews.

On the plus side, Blister in the Sun, from the Grosse Point Blank soundtrack!

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    Yep. To stand a chance, we need to have everyone playing, and we only have 3-4 actives a week.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    I suppose we could trim 3-4 people off the roster and try and get some fresh, active players in by making the crew open.

I'm always good for doing the spotlight songs on guitar/bass, but I don't always have the time to grind XP on every challenge.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Yeah, I tried to play some songs just now but #parenting. I'll try to do some songs tonight.