Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Rock Band] After the Burial and Unearth

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Drums/vocals/bass primarily but there's guitar too.

HappylilElf on
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

Yeah, listening again there's a small subtle guitar line buried in there. But it'll be short, like Don't Stop Me Now short.

But otherwise it's a good song, the vocal pattern and drum beat are hypnotic.

First they came for the Muslims and we said...NOT TODAY MOTHERFUCKERS!
    HappylilElf

Yeah, listening again there's a small subtle guitar line buried in there. But it'll be short, like Don't Stop Me Now short.

But otherwise it's a good song, the vocal pattern and drum beat are hypnotic.

tbh it's a song that is going to make me sad all over again that it's impossible to buy a Rock Pedal because mine is broken (stripped screw due to me being a dumb) and I just can't with the plastic pedals after playing with a Rock Pedal for two years.

• FyreWulffFyreWulff Registered User, ClubPA regular
    i got my capture rig back

BlackDragon480
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    What is even up with that animation?

the best part is the game completely forgets my character somewhere between the load screen and the song

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    RB3 has an import, yes?

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    RB3 has an import, yes?

Yes.

RB3 has an import, yes?

Yep, the export is still active. They're just also relicensing songs off of it.

I figured. I'm likely just overlapping what can be done with RB4 and what can't be done with Blitz.

If I can get my shit sorted soon, I'll probably get a X1 just to transfer all the songs and get it out of the way.

SIEE updates

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rockband/comments/66b601/siea_has_rb2_export_livin_on_a_prayer_siee_can/

Livin on a Prayer is fixed

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/'livin'-on-a-prayer'-bon-jovi/cid=UP8802-CUSA02084_00-XRBLIVINONCCFF0X

HMXOwl:
    "This Livin' On a Prayer is a new standalone item. Don't reprompt the export, don't head to the 12-pack item. There's a PS4-only one that is labeled as free."

The six RB1 Euro tracks are now available, but must be rebought:

HMXOwl:
    "The RB1 Euro tracks. They can't be given to export owners. Sorry. This is the best-case scenario for them. We know it isn't optimal and apologize."

Dark Raven X
    I didn't see this talked about last week. Does Rock Band VR factor into anything?
    Rock Band VR April DLC: Aerosmith singles!

Each track can be purchased individually for $2.99 each.

"Angel"
    "Crazy"
    "I Don't Want To Miss a Thing"
    "Janie's Got a Gun"
    "Livin' On The Edge"
    "Rag Doll"

Somebody must like this band, right?

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I haven't done the Rock Band thing in a few weeks due to crushingly long hours at work.

I boot it up today and the spotlight songs make me :(

// Steam: VWinds // LoL: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // 3DS: 4682-8868-5037 // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    Yeah, I've had back-to-back conferences keeping me away. Should get back into it in a week.

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    I haven't done the Rock Band thing in a few weeks due to crushingly long hours at work.

I boot it up today and the spotlight songs make me :(

What are they?

• ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    The spotlight songs are China Cat Sunflower (The Grateful Dead), That Smell (Lynyrd Skynyrd) and On The Road Again (Willie Nelson).

Thirith on
    webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
    Ugh.

I like the Willie Nelson song, but playing it sucks.

HappylilElfBlackDragon480
  • ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    I'm not a big fan of the Grateful Dead song either. It just seems mostly random, something I don't like in RB songs. "That Smell" is fun to play, but it was already a spotlight song a couple of weeks ago.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    China Cat is absolutely great on both drums and guitar. You guys are weird

DehumanizedBlackDragon480mxmarks
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    China Cat is one of my favorite songs on drums but it is a war crime to make someone sing it

mxmarks
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    edit: woops wrong thread!

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    edited April 2017
    I've been wanting Seasons for Rivals so this looks good so far. Takes some of the absurdity out of the mode.

rip cal pathing 2007-2017

FyreWulff on
  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington Registered User regular
    Those all look like fun changes. I know I fell out of Rivals because I got busy with life, but knowing we have an 8 week goal to hit would make it really worth coming back.

All that to say, if you're looking for a non full crew to play with at any skill level, search up the all arcadian rejects (Xbox live handle is same as my forum name, crew picture is a pink gas mask) and request to join.

SrUxdlb.jpg
    got my cap rig back. and rock band 1 working

forgot how hard it is to read hopos in 1

also that highway all up in your face

lionheart_m
  • PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    I'm a week late with this but... Champagne Supernova is really good and fun.

HappylilElf
    y'all wanna see a dead body

DarkPrimusDark Raven XBlackDragon480TubularLuggagelionheart_m
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I forget, is there a "random" option in RB1?

wpyz0Y5.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
    I think so. I think it's the first thing on the list.

Yeah, also quickplay doesn't have that lag. RB1's code is probably duct tape everywhere. Ran through RB2 real quick and even that's as snappy as the modern titles.

• Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    y'all wanna see a dead body

Man, how did the RB4 graphics turn out to be so much worse than the original?

pablo_price
    Because HMX is not actually high quality. They have a passion, but also limited talent.

edited April 2017
    RB1's graphics don't really hold up in gameplay, though. The only advantage it has is the one venue with laser lights and the music-ish video filter is neat, but the animations are quite janky. RB1 just feels like a really polished tech demo going back to it all these years later.

(sorry, haven't re-set up VLC, so.. seekbar)

L3I7Fb2.jpg

RB1's motd:

.eJwNyEEOhCAMAMC_8AAqVaz4G4IEjUoJrdnDZv--znG-5umXWc2u2mQF2A5J3Dcryj2WbAtzuXJsh9jEN0TVmPY7VxVAcjTg5DwShWkJuMA4zAGdHxEdzYj-raeelT_VtlrM7w8HMyLb.KjZMVxf3BmRE1nuxlb4BrGVhoXQ?width=827&height=466

RB2's motd/main menu

.eJwFwVEOgyAMANC7cACKRVfxNgQJmmlLaM0-lt19733dMy63ucOs6wawn1pk7F5NRm7VN5F21dxP9UVuyGa5HHdlU0CaKOA8LUiU5jXhCjG8UsSEhBhDpLQgPPxm-bDv3NzvDwgCIuM.i2qjy0nzf3OmaCky1cILqqiGEDw?width=827&height=466

RB2's forever final battle

.eJwFwdsNhCAQAMBeKIBdHvKwG4IEjcoSWOPH5Xp35ieecYlV7Mx9rgDbMTONTU6mkWqRlaheJfVjykw3JOaU97s0nqC98qitWrT30YaoAxh00VgXlAkOIy7o4Wlno7fJ3qr4fwh1Iuc.pO-9i5FBBpv4cOyugSZHKDvekII?width=827&height=466

All the way to RB3

.eJwFwVEOgyAMANC7cABaGIj1NgQJmikltGYfy-6-977mmZfZzKE6ZAPYTyk8dyvKM7dqG3O7ah6n2MI3ZNVcjrt2FfDJJfTBRZ8ShZX8Ci9cKGCMhA4pRr8EePq786fb0Zv5_QEH5SLi.W0HbhMh1WcjcKg47qO6dsp109EA?width=827&height=466

FyreWulff on
    DarkPrimus
    I still think RB2's band models where better than anything RB3 did. Plus, the individual attitudes instead of a band wide attitude set by the song genre was better. I also miss seeing the band's name displayed in some of the venues.

Not everything they've done has been an improvement.

Bolthornmxmarks
    edited April 2017
    yeah, RB2 holds up way more. Didn't bother to cap a run of songs in it yet, though.

RB3 has the upper hand on clothing materials and selection. RB2's animations just have tons more character, though. Especially because they glued the vocalist to a mic stand in 3.

FyreWulff on
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    all of that is true but given the choice i'd play rb3 over rb2 every time for the song selection interface improvements

Perrsungtrmp
    The closet in RB2 sucked for sure. Did they ever introduce venue select in RB4/Rivals? Because at least the BWT allowed some semblance of it.

all of that is true but given the choice i'd play rb3 over rb2 every time for the song selection interface improvements

yeah, 3's interface felt like the first one legitimately built around "you know, people may want to find the songs they want more easily"