As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pinny Arcade Trading Bag - what is the intended use?

KhooFanKhooFan Madison, WIRegistered User regular
started out by sticking pins into the separator on top. Oops.

Then started putting pins into the pocket-type thing. But to stick the backs on the pins are fairly difficult - so is the idea to NOT use the pin backs when they are in the bag?

I feel like an idiot - that this should be obvious... but its not, or Im just not spending enough time to think about this, and I would prefer to not spend the time :biggrin:

and someone help me out here. pictures would be great. :)

• Options
    Capt WasabiCapt Wasabi AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Don't use the official PA pin bag, it eats the eyes off pins to meet its inhuman thirst.

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/200375/pin-heads-and-eyeballs/p1

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Wow. OK. Convinced. I'll keep my other bag that is falling apart for now. Thank you for the heads up.

... looks like if you use the bag "upside down" the pins would have their faces rest on the nylon-like surface and not the "rubber" like surface - did not notice any comments like that in the other thread - you aware if this is a way to salvage the bag?

If not, guess the best thing I can do is destroy it since its just a bringer of doom.

KhooFan on
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    They may have an exchange plan at some point, so I'd hold onto it for now.

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    KhooFan wrote: »
    Wow. OK. Convinced. I'll keep my other bag that is falling apart for now. Thank you for the heads up.

... looks like if you use the bag "upside down" the pins would have their faces rest on the nylon-like surface and not the "rubber" like surface - did not notice any comments like that in the other thread - you aware if this is a way to salvage the bag?

If not, guess the best thing I can do is destroy it since its just a bringer of doom.

Both side will eat eyes. The rubber side is worse, but I started to use it "upside down" as you said when this first started happening and one of my pins eyes started to run (it could also be a combination of the type of eye paint they used to use). So I would just avoid that bag all together. Hopefully they will make it so you can exchange the bag for a special limited "eye eater" pin (just kidding...but not really).

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    hackyhacky Registered User regular
    I've started to use my PA pin bag again, but with every pin wrapped in a "penny sleeve" used for playing cards. Borrowed this idea from seeing another pinny pal doing the same thing.

• Options
    LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    These are the pins that have bleeding issues:

* Lookouts
    * Staff 1.0
    * Prime 2013 babies
    * PvP Skull Fart
    * Aus 2013 Kemper
    * East 2014 Iron Guard/Kemper
    * Armadeaddon Tycho

So it seems the type of feature paint that's susceptible to damage was mainly used in mid-2013 for first party pins. Meaning only like, 4% of Pinny Arcade pins actually have issues and half of those are the staff pins. Not a big deal in my opinion if you remember which pins to be careful with. Also, as a disclaimer, don't take the above list as gospel... it is possible that there are some pins with issues I haven't noticed. But I assure you in my year and a half of using the bag I've only seen issues with the listed pins.

That being said, if you do still want to carry these specific pins in your bag, I've been using the method Hacky mentioned above it works great.

sbfqvumrm4on.jpg

Lazorz on
  • Options
    @lazorz (and others) when you put the pins in, you are supposed to use the sleeve with the velcro...

and when you put the pins in, do you also put the back on, or do you only shove the stem in and allow that material to hold them in?

I ask because putting the back on the pins near the bottom seems difficult; lots of stretching.

• Options
    MadkineMadkine AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Lazorz wrote: »
    These are the pins that have bleeding issues:

* Lookouts
    * Staff 1.0
    * Prime 2013 babies
    * Aus 2013 Kemper
    * East 2014 Iron Guard/Kemper

Zombie Tycho from Armadeaddon also lost his eyes to the bag. I traded 3 back to staff at Aus 2016.