As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Better get a babysitter cause we've got two tickets to the [GUN] show...

• ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I've been eyeballing those Kalashnikov USA 9MMS carbines.

Gun Jesus did a couple videos on it. When he took it to the range, his verdict basically boiled down to: "Yeah, this is really nice to shoot...but it works so well it's boring."

Speaking of, I kinda maybe-sorta started the process of picking up a Ruger-57. The gun shop I usually go to got 3 in stock...and 2 of them sold out nearly instantly. I managed to see the last one on their online inventory and hurried to get the email/phone call formalities of my interest on record for them to set it aside. Finally, I'll have something to do with the bricks of 5.7 ammo I've got sitting around since February.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    I've been eyeballing those Kalashnikov USA 9MMS carbines.

Gun Jesus did a couple videos on it. When he took it to the range, his verdict basically boiled down to: "Yeah, this is really nice to shoot...but it works so well it's boring."

Speaking of, I kinda maybe-sorta started the process of picking up a Ruger-57. The gun shop I usually go to got 3 in stock...and 2 of them sold out nearly instantly. I managed to see the last one on their online inventory and hurried to get the email/phone call formalities of my interest on record for them to set it aside. Finally, I'll have something to do with the bricks of 5.7 ammo I've got sitting around since February.

That's what caused my intrest.

And honestly, that's a good thing for a consumer.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Cabelas shipped my magazines but canceled my M1A order, due to "fluctuating inventory issues", so a few days later they showed as having inventory again so I placed a new order. Might take longer than I thought to get this scout squad.

• TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    Cabelas shipped my magazines but canceled my M1A order, due to "fluctuating inventory issues", so a few days later they showed as having inventory again so I placed a new order. Might take longer than I thought to get this scout squad.

If you got a rural king near you, you can order it at RKguns and ship there. They got good prices if you can handle their inconsistent shipping speeds.

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
      TimFiji wrote: »

If you got a rural king near you, you can order it at RKguns and ship there. They got good prices if you can handle their inconsistent shipping speeds.

Or Palmetto State Armory, MidwayUSA, it Grabagun

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
      edited May 2020
      Don't have any of those up here, but the second order already got canceled, so yeah I'm gonna have to find someplace else.

Edit: I think I'm just stuck having to wait until WA eases restrictions.

Weaver on
    • David WalgasDavid Walgas Registered User regular
      You can order from RK then have it shipped to Precise Shooter (Lynnwood area). Did that a while ago, and precise shooter is still handling transfers.

Ooh I'll look into that later today. Thanks.

Yeah, I should have clarified, you can order online and have it shipped to an FFL if they’re open and they will transfer it for you.

I know you’re up in WA and I know y’all have some restrictions but I don’t actually know what they are.

edited May 2020
      Well so far in my searching at work today, everyone is sold out on the scout squad anyways.

Edit: more in depth searching once I get home

Weaver on
      Apparently GrabAGun still had a few, so order placed to be shipped up to precise shooter.

• [Paragon][Paragon] I'm a real doctor, for pretend! North DakotaRegistered User regular
      CZ Bren 2 MS Carbines spotted in the wild, its taking all of my self control to not buy one. Woooo boy, this is tougher than it should be.

Buying from GrabAGun was more expensive than it would have been with Cabela's(hey that vet discount is nothing to scoff at, plus no transfer fee), but on the plus side, this one has the walnut stock instead of the composite.

Welcome to the M1A club. Here's mine:
      623p677kqkwv.jpg

edited May 2020
        To be fair, I'm trying not to get excited until I get that tracking number in my inbox.

Weaver on
      • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
        I'm going to have to get a M1A Scout once all this is over with. It would pair well with my Mosin.

Steam ID: Webguy20
        Origin ID: Discgolfer27
        Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
        edited May 2020
        Once(if) this rifle shows up, I'd really like to find somewhere I can get a lot of range practice in, and maybe also put some rounds through my .38.

Edit: By which I mean, if anyone knows of any outdoor ranges in or near Western Washington, please clue me in.

Weaver on
      • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
        edited May 2020
        Once(if) this rifle shows up, I'd really like to find somewhere I can get a lot of range practice in, and maybe also put some rounds through my .38.

Edit: By which I mean, if anyone knows of any outdoor ranges in or near Western Washington, please clue me in.

Kenmore has an outdoor range. Been kinda wanting to check them out to let my RFB stretch its legs beyond the 25m at my indoor range.

EDIT - here's a link to their site (looks like you'll have to wait a little bit as they're closed until Phase 2 of reopening kicks off): https://www.wcwi.org/

Erlkönig on
        | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
      • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
        Kenmore is okay. I could be down for a trip there at some point if anyone wants to.

edited May 2020
        I go to Renton Fish and Game Club or a few woodsy spots near Duvall/Oly depending on who’s coming with. RFGC has an outdoor range up to 200 yards for rifles and a 5-50 yard range for pistols, and a neat lil trap shoot.

It does have a slow fire rule (or a one round per magazine for nonmembers-not stringently enforced) but its a good place to check zero and practice bench shooting. Standing or kneeling will get you some looks, appreciative and otherwise.

I think I have a few extra guest passes at RFGC as well if they’ve reopened.

David Walgas on
      • ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
        Welp I finally got the mag paddle release fixed! Thankfully managed to stretch the spring back out after threading it on a punch tool for a couple of days and that appears to have done the trick. It seems like lining up the spring against the wall of the magwell is key so it doesn't get smushed. Mags are dropping properly now and I am a happy cow.

On sadder news, I just got an update from F5mfg who are making those ACR stocks and adapters. While they are accepting back-orders, they don't expect to fulfill them for at least another 4-6 weeks :( So I'm rocking the zhukov for the forseeable future.

I like that Zhukov stock though.

So I went to the range and came to the conclusion that the FM-45 really doesn’t like steel case ammo. Brass out of glock factory mags runs pretty good, brass out of Kriss mag extensions runs okay. On the fence with JHP.

Had one stovepipe so bad I had to get a screwdriver to push the bolt back through the magwell and another from the chamber to get it far enough back to engage the bolt catch. And then fiddle fuck with a crushed steel case that was jammed up pretty good.

The rest of the range trip was fine but that was definitely a motherfuck moment.

Got my guns today.

The K31 is beautiful. The stock is beat up in just the right way. The bolt is slick. Just handling it I can appreciate it. It feels very well put together.

The M48 is a different story. This rifle is heavy, and feels like a work horse. Its actually an M48A, with the difference being the use of some stamped parts. Not a big deal but I wish they advertised it correctly. This thing looks brand new in places. The stock has no damage to is. However, the bolt is really sticky and the safety is stuck on fire. My snap caps got stuck in the barrel (had to use my brass cleaning rod to poke then out) and cap out covered in some gunk. Hopefully a good cleaning fixes these issues.

My rifle shipped! It's real!

don’t forget the ammo!

And extra magazines!

And a gun cleaning kit
        And storage
        And man this adds up quickly huh?

edited May 2020
        Oh yeah I knew going in this was not a cheap rifle.

edit: not even talking just about the rifle itself

Weaver on
        Oh yeah I knew going in this was not a cheap rifle.

edit: not even talking just about the rifle itself

yeah when I got my M1A, I got extra tools for handling the gas plug, trigger group, op rod. Quite different but fun from my other guns.

As long as I can get the serial number from my rifle before the end of the month, I can get a free scope mount & two more magazines from Springfield. Got some magazines & ammo on the way, should be here around the same time as the rifle.

Don't really need the scope mount with the forward rail on the scout, figured I'd just use an eye relief scope if I wanted a scope, but hey I'll take two more free magazines.

If you decide to mount a scope, my Burris 2-7 scout scope is pretty damn solid.

Spare magazines, cleaning kit, and sling are waiting at home. Ammo should be here tomorrow, and the rifle is out for delivery right now. Here's hoping it doesn't take too long for it to be inprocessed.

Here in IL ordering ammo online is a pain. Have to sent the seller your info (FOID card and Driver License), and I feel half the time they ignore it cause it's a lot of work for a small portion of their sales.

Don’t forget your i1639 training Weaver. You won’t be able to pick up the new rifle without the certificate of completion. There are a few free online classes around too, so it’s not particularly onerous.

Don’t forget your i1639 training Weaver. You won’t be able to pick up the new rifle without the certificate of completion. There are a few free online classes around too, so it’s not particularly onerous.

It's on my schedule. The place I'm picking it up offers the course for free online.

i-639 done, first appointment they had for me to go in and start the background check is on the 26th.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
          i-639 done, first appointment they had for me to go in and start the background check is on the 26th.

Did you just take in your 'Expert' badge and say "Okie dokie, gimme the paperwork"?

Did you just take in your 'Expert' badge and say "Okie dokie, gimme the paperwork"?

Just flash my CIB and screaming eagle combat badge. (Really though it's just a quick online course no more involved than a workplace safety module)

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
          Ahhh that's right, you're Army, not Marines. You ate MREs, not crayons!

Is anyone on here a Washington based hunter? Is deer season off this fall?