Better get a babysitter cause we've got two tickets to the [GUN] show...

1747577798084

Posts

  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    You’re still talking loud. 130dB loud, unless you have figured out a load that is perfectly subsonic and somehow registers quieter than 110dB, in an enclosed structure. A jackhammer is 110dB and an ambulance siren is 120dB.

    Wouldn’t want something I paid $200 in tax plus $500-$1000 in suppressor (and average 12 month wait) plus $500-$1500 in gun getting scooped up the po-po if used in self-defense.

    I think John from WPS is just fishing for attention with that statement.

    There's no way to know from ballistics if a suppressor was used or not.

    Just sayin'

    Dead Legend
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Doc wrote: »
    You’re still talking loud. 130dB loud, unless you have figured out a load that is perfectly subsonic and somehow registers quieter than 110dB, in an enclosed structure. A jackhammer is 110dB and an ambulance siren is 120dB.

    Wouldn’t want something I paid $200 in tax plus $500-$1000 in suppressor (and average 12 month wait) plus $500-$1500 in gun getting scooped up the po-po if used in self-defense.

    I think John from WPS is just fishing for attention with that statement.

    There's no way to know from ballistics if a suppressor was used or not.

    Just sayin'

    A history of internet posts about evidence tampering probably won't do you any favors though.

    DocDavid WalgasSpecial KDead LegendGiantGeek2020
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    Special K wrote: »
    If I'm ever in a situation where I'm firing in my own home, I seriously doubt that I'd be worrying about ear protection.

    After the first shot, you will. Without hearing protection of some kind, anything more than a .22LR going off 3 feet in front of your head is going to be incredibly disorienting.

    Even a .22LR pistol is loud enough to get the ears ringing.

    Very true. I only have two past histories of firing a gun without hearing protection on:

    1) When I was 11-years old and fired a single-shot .22LR bolt action rifle outdoors (it literally sounded like one of those little pop rock firecrackers)
    and 2) About 9 years ago, I was shooting my old Baby Eagle 9mm pistol with my buddy at his homemade outdoor berm-range and forgot to pull my hearing protection ear cup down (I remember pulling the trigger and then my ears couldn't hear a damn thing but a solid ringing for a good 10 seconds...it just felt like my ears closed up shop)

    I can imagine that a .22LR out of a pistol indoors is going to be a fair bit louder than I remember how it was firing the rifle outdoors.

    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    Special K wrote: »
    If I'm ever in a situation where I'm firing in my own home, I seriously doubt that I'd be worrying about ear protection.

    After the first shot, you will. Without hearing protection of some kind, anything more than a .22LR going off 3 feet in front of your head is going to be incredibly disorienting.

    Even a .22LR pistol is loud enough to get the ears ringing.

    Very true. I only have two past histories of firing a gun without hearing protection on:

    1) When I was 11-years old and fired a single-shot .22LR bolt action rifle outdoors (it literally sounded like one of those little pop rock firecrackers)
    and 2) About 9 years ago, I was shooting my old Baby Eagle 9mm pistol with my buddy at his homemade outdoor berm-range and forgot to pull my hearing protection ear cup down (I remember pulling the trigger and then my ears couldn't hear a damn thing but a solid ringing for a good 10 seconds...it just felt like my ears closed up shop)

    I can imagine that a .22LR out of a pistol indoors is going to be a fair bit louder than I remember how it was firing the rifle outdoors.

    Man i forgot to put my earplugs in when shooting my AR earlier this year. It was so goddamn loud. I couldn't imagine firing that thing in an enclosed space.

    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • David WalgasDavid Walgas Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    Special K wrote: »
    If I'm ever in a situation where I'm firing in my own home, I seriously doubt that I'd be worrying about ear protection.

    After the first shot, you will. Without hearing protection of some kind, anything more than a .22LR going off 3 feet in front of your head is going to be incredibly disorienting.

    Even a .22LR pistol is loud enough to get the ears ringing.

    Very true. I only have two past histories of firing a gun without hearing protection on:

    1) When I was 11-years old and fired a single-shot .22LR bolt action rifle outdoors (it literally sounded like one of those little pop rock firecrackers)
    and 2) About 9 years ago, I was shooting my old Baby Eagle 9mm pistol with my buddy at his homemade outdoor berm-range and forgot to pull my hearing protection ear cup down (I remember pulling the trigger and then my ears couldn't hear a damn thing but a solid ringing for a good 10 seconds...it just felt like my ears closed up shop)

    I can imagine that a .22LR out of a pistol indoors is going to be a fair bit louder than I remember how it was firing the rifle outdoors.

    Man i forgot to put my earplugs in when shooting my AR earlier this year. It was so goddamn loud. I couldn't imagine firing that thing in an enclosed space.

    To think of how much damage I did to myself not wearing earplugs my first 3 years in the military...we used to joke about how everyone would yell at dinner after.

    Special Kwebguy20
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Ask me about my scrotalist agenda Registered User regular
    I'd probably put suppressors at the very top of the list of firearm attachments/accessories. Ok, maybe a good sight first, but turning the BANG into a smaller bang is actually valuable, unlike many accessories people spend money on. I think too many people consider a suppressor not worth it if it isn't achieving a movie style *putt*. Suppressors are unrestricted in NZ, yet they're pretty uncommon. I guess it is partly also due to the machining needed to mount a suppressor. Most barrels aren't threaded and it costs money to get it done well. In fact, there is one kind of suppressor that is pretty common in NZ, shitty push on suppressors that go over the end of a 22 like a Ruger. Cheap, easy to install, but they are not very effective, and maybe also play a part in diminishing the appeal of suppressors to most firearm owners.

  • NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited August 26
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    I'd probably put suppressors at the very top of the list of firearm attachments/accessories. Ok, maybe a good sight first, but turning the BANG into a smaller bang is actually valuable, unlike many accessories people spend money on. I think too many people consider a suppressor not worth it if it isn't achieving a movie style *putt*. Suppressors are unrestricted in NZ, yet they're pretty uncommon. I guess it is partly also due to the machining needed to mount a suppressor. Most barrels aren't threaded and it costs money to get it done well. In fact, there is one kind of suppressor that is pretty common in NZ, shitty push on suppressors that go over the end of a 22 like a Ruger. Cheap, easy to install, but they are not very effective, and maybe also play a part in diminishing the appeal of suppressors to most firearm owners.

    In the US the relative lack of popularity is a combination of tax stamp transfer requirements ($200 on top of the cost of an artificially inflated market, the same for some other NFA items as well as nearly a year long wait for the stamp from the time of purchase and application for the stamp) and the restriction in some states on the use of suppressor for hunting with center fire and rim fire arms. In my home state, for example, it is illegal to hunt with any firearm that has a suppressor attached.

    The NFA and how NFA items intersect with other firearms regulation are generally nonsensical.

    Edit: the artificially inflated market hits suppressors just like it does machine guns. If suppressors could be purchased over the counter without a transfer stamp as they can be in many other countries you would see a growing market and downward pressure on costs. As it stands the larger market is the government so there's no incentive to compete for market space. In that world you would probably see a lot of $100-200 suppressors ,especially for rim fire, that would be more impulse purchases for plinking. You would probably see more downward pressure on prices for suppressors that really should be $200 products. You would probably also see a legitimate suppressor kit market emerge and more consumer level experimentation with 3D printed baffles, monocores, and tubes.

    To open that market to hunters would require any states which restrict suppressor use on state land to no longer do so.

    NSDFRand on
    Dead Legend
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I would 100% put a suppressor on any firearm I was keeping in the house just for the sake of not waking up the entire neighborhood if I had to fire a shot indoors.

    However seeing as how I can't really suppress a flintlock rifle...


    Arch wrote: »

    I never expected this burn from captain bushmeat
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Today we will paint a mountain that owes us nothing. Registered User regular
    edited August 26
    I would 100% put a suppressor on any firearm I was keeping in the house just for the sake of not waking up the entire neighborhood if I had to fire a shot indoors.

    However seeing as how I can't really suppress a flintlock rifle...

    Not with that attitude! :biggrin:

    SummaryJudgment on
    Just catch a glance of what could have done this
    Something 'bout how he walks reminds you of someone
    You look and see a gun, a man with no face, a golden halo that could be the sun
    Steel AngelDocGvzbgulGiantGeek2020[Paragon]Forar
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Today we will paint a mountain that owes us nothing. Registered User regular
    Now I want to see a smoothbore barrel threaded for some kind of new-shit high speed rig, one of those compensators that accept the suppressor over it

    whole thing covered in a multicam wrap with ghille strips

    Just catch a glance of what could have done this
    Something 'bout how he walks reminds you of someone
    You look and see a gun, a man with no face, a golden halo that could be the sun
  • NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited August 26
    And the most nonsensical regulation: if a suppressor needs to be maintained only the manufacturer can do so. It is not legal for the non FFL SOT private citizen owner of a suppressor to repair a suppressor in any way.

    So you basically de facto ban an entire category of affordable suppressors which use wipes instead of cup style or monocore baffles.

    NSDFRand on
  • ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor Registered User regular
    edited August 26
    Doc wrote: »
    I find them useful on pistols for sound and flash, but a not widely considered advantage is the inertia dampening effect of a ~1lb weight hanging on the end of the barrel. It's harder to flinch off target and easier to get back on if you're under stress or a newer shooter.

    And here I've been thinking that the relative weightlessness of my spectacular failure of a DIY soda bottle silencer was the one positive thing about it.

    If that's actually advantageous, are barrel weights a thing?

    ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    Doc wrote: »
    I find them useful on pistols for sound and flash, but a not widely considered advantage is the inertia dampening effect of a ~1lb weight hanging on the end of the barrel. It's harder to flinch off target and easier to get back on if you're under stress or a newer shooter.

    And here I've been thinking that the relative weightlessness of my spectacular failure of a DIY soda bottle silencer was the one positive thing about it.

    If that's actually advantageous, are barrel weights a thing?

    Yes. There have been in the past e.g. muzzle brakes that were effectively just barrel weights meant to soften the recoil impulse. Muzzle brakes on pistols in general serve that function to an extent. The problem you have to watch for especially with suppressors is with Browning tilting barrel actions having trouble cycling. So many pistol suppressors have "accelerators" available for use on handguns. Fixed barrel e.g. many direct blowback handguns like the Makarov and Walther Police Pistol and their many clones and many of the rimfire semi autos like the Ruger Mark series don't have that issue because the cycling of the slide is not dependent on the movement of a given barrel lock system (e.g. like the barrel lugs on a 1911 barrel) and they tend to be direct blowback.

    ArbitraryDescriptorDocGvzbgul
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    NSDFRand wrote: »
    And the most nonsensical regulation: if a suppressor needs to be maintained only the manufacturer can do so. It is not legal for the non FFL SOT private citizen owner of a suppressor to repair a suppressor in any way.

    So you basically de facto ban an entire category of affordable suppressors which use wipes instead of cup style or monocore baffles.

    This is true, but usually ones with wipes these days are constructed with cup-style baffles and a single wipe at the end. Dead Air's Wolfman model uses a single rubber washer that is commonly available at hardware stores, for example.

    I do not have a wiped suppressor, but the common thinking among those who do is that if the ATF is digging through your garbage to find evidence of replacing a wipe on a suppressor that is registered and legal, you're already super hosed, and that will be the least of your concerns.

    I don't think that's a great attitude to have, but I understand the thought process.

  • ErlkönigErlkönig Registered User regular
    I would 100% put a suppressor on any firearm I was keeping in the house just for the sake of not waking up the entire neighborhood if I had to fire a shot indoors.

    However seeing as how I can't really suppress a flintlock rifle...

    There would be some who would argue that the bolded is a feature and reason why not to run a suppressor on a HD firearm. More people waking up to the sound of gunfire = more reports called in on gunfire = more likely a speedy local authority response will happen.

    Of course, that all hinges on the assumption that you want the police to show up.

    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    Special KPhoenix-DArbitraryDescriptor
  • NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    Doc wrote: »
    NSDFRand wrote: »
    And the most nonsensical regulation: if a suppressor needs to be maintained only the manufacturer can do so. It is not legal for the non FFL SOT private citizen owner of a suppressor to repair a suppressor in any way.

    So you basically de facto ban an entire category of affordable suppressors which use wipes instead of cup style or monocore baffles.

    This is true, but usually ones with wipes these days are constructed with cup-style baffles and a single wipe at the end. Dead Air's Wolfman model uses a single rubber washer that is commonly available at hardware stores, for example.

    I do not have a wiped suppressor, but the common thinking among those who do is that if the ATF is digging through your garbage to find evidence of replacing a wipe on a suppressor that is registered and legal, you're already super hosed, and that will be the least of your concerns.

    I don't think that's a great attitude to have, but I understand the thought process.

    I had in mind the model of suppressor that would be entirely wipes, a spacer, and tube. E.g. the suppressors you see on the Air Force "survival" Berettas.

    In a US without the NFA or at least without suppressors as NFA items one could purchase the tube, spacer, and caps and then provide and replace their own wipes. A more affordable suppressor for a working class citizen.

  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    There's no guidance either way whether you can or can't repair your own form 1 suppressor. Which, is the problem, nobody wants to write and ask for a letter on the chance it comes back 'no', and nobody wants to be the test case that gets caught doing it.

    nibXTE7.png
    Thegreatcow
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    I would 100% put a suppressor on any firearm I was keeping in the house just for the sake of not waking up the entire neighborhood if I had to fire a shot indoors.

    However seeing as how I can't really suppress a flintlock rifle...

    There would be some who would argue that the bolded is a feature and reason why not to run a suppressor on a HD firearm. More people waking up to the sound of gunfire = more reports called in on gunfire = more likely a speedy local authority response will happen.

    Of course, that all hinges on the assumption that you want the police to show up.

    Yeah, I see that as a counterpoint, but I mean god forbid I had to use a firearm in self defense in my home, I'll be honest, it's going to probably break me psychologically. The last thing I want in addition to that is all of my neighbors surrounding my home once the police arrive. Just my personal take though.


    Arch wrote: »

    I never expected this burn from captain bushmeat
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited August 26
    Donovan Puppyfucker was warned for this.
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    I would 100% put a suppressor on any firearm I was keeping in the house just for the sake of not waking up the entire neighborhood if I had to fire a shot indoors.

    However seeing as how I can't really suppress a flintlock rifle...

    There would be some who would argue that the bolded is a feature and reason why not to run a suppressor on a HD firearm. More people waking up to the sound of gunfire = more reports called in on gunfire = more likely a speedy local authority response will happen.

    Of course, that all hinges on the assumption that you want the police to show up.

    Yeah, I see that as a counterpoint, but I mean god forbid I had to use a firearm in self defense in my home, I'll be honest, it's going to probably break me psychologically. The last thing I want in addition to that is all of my neighbors surrounding my home once the police arrive. Just my personal take though.

    Mmmm, you'd better be careful, if you point out that perhaps shooting someone dead inside your own house isn't the greatest possible thing you can do as an American and may in fact be tragic and traumatic and result in post traumatic stress disorder, you may be accused of being a secret Islamic communist pinko infidel wuss.

    Killing home invaders is meant to make you instantly grow two inches taller and add three inches to the length of your erect penis, at least that's what I read on AR15.com...

    Bogart on
  • NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    I would 100% put a suppressor on any firearm I was keeping in the house just for the sake of not waking up the entire neighborhood if I had to fire a shot indoors.

    However seeing as how I can't really suppress a flintlock rifle...

    There would be some who would argue that the bolded is a feature and reason why not to run a suppressor on a HD firearm. More people waking up to the sound of gunfire = more reports called in on gunfire = more likely a speedy local authority response will happen.

    Of course, that all hinges on the assumption that you want the police to show up.

    Yeah, I see that as a counterpoint, but I mean god forbid I had to use a firearm in self defense in my home, I'll be honest, it's going to probably break me psychologically. The last thing I want in addition to that is all of my neighbors surrounding my home once the police arrive. Just my personal take though.

    Mmmm, you'd better be careful, if you point out that perhaps shooting someone dead inside your own house isn't the greatest possible thing you can do as an American and may in fact be tragic and traumatic and result in post traumatic stress disorder, you may be accused of being a secret Islamic communist pinko infidel wuss.

    Killing home invaders is meant to make you instantly grow two inches taller and add three inches to the length of your erect penis, at least that's what I read on AR15.com...

    No you didn't.

  • David WalgasDavid Walgas Registered User regular
    I genuinely don’t understand why you post in this thread chrishallet.

    NSDFRandDocSmokeStacks
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I genuinely don’t understand why you post in this thread chrishallet.

    Because shooting is fun and I like smashing clays and punching very neat little holes in 10 rings just like every other sporting shooter. Sure, there's some folks that don't like me in here, but I ain't scared of them.

  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    NSDFRand wrote: »
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    I would 100% put a suppressor on any firearm I was keeping in the house just for the sake of not waking up the entire neighborhood if I had to fire a shot indoors.

    However seeing as how I can't really suppress a flintlock rifle...

    There would be some who would argue that the bolded is a feature and reason why not to run a suppressor on a HD firearm. More people waking up to the sound of gunfire = more reports called in on gunfire = more likely a speedy local authority response will happen.

    Of course, that all hinges on the assumption that you want the police to show up.

    Yeah, I see that as a counterpoint, but I mean god forbid I had to use a firearm in self defense in my home, I'll be honest, it's going to probably break me psychologically. The last thing I want in addition to that is all of my neighbors surrounding my home once the police arrive. Just my personal take though.

    Mmmm, you'd better be careful, if you point out that perhaps shooting someone dead inside your own house isn't the greatest possible thing you can do as an American and may in fact be tragic and traumatic and result in post traumatic stress disorder, you may be accused of being a secret Islamic communist pinko infidel wuss.

    Killing home invaders is meant to make you instantly grow two inches taller and add three inches to the length of your erect penis, at least that's what I read on AR15.com...

    No you didn't.

    Yeah I did, sweaty. Don't hate me 'cause you ain't me. I've got three different profiles on that forum because weirdo right-wingers keep trying to get me banned, but it never works, lol!

    Torgairon
  • David WalgasDavid Walgas Registered User regular
    I genuinely don’t understand why you post in this thread chrishallet.

    Because shooting is fun and I like smashing clays and punching very neat little holes in 10 rings just like every other sporting shooter. Sure, there's some folks that don't like me in here, but I ain't scared of them.

    I don’t feel like recommending an AA-12 for a disabled person is at all relevant to sport shooting. But ok. You do you I guess.

  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks The Myth, the Legend, the Bowman, the Shambler FuckerRegistered User regular
    edited August 26
    I'm gonna feel like a real doofus if it was in this thread, but I saw a 3D printed tool designed by a veteran who came back with a disabled arm that allowed someone to reload a pistol fairly easily with one hand a while back (somewhere on the internet), that might be something for your friend to look into.

    SmokeStacks on
    gRAhjXV.gif
    NSDFRand
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I bet shooting clay with an aa-12 would be a hoot and a half. Might have to get a longer barrel for better shot dispersion, but throwing up a ton of clays at once and seeing how many you could get with full auto sounds neat.

    David WalgasDoc
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I genuinely don’t understand why you post in this thread chrishallet.

    Because shooting is fun and I like smashing clays and punching very neat little holes in 10 rings just like every other sporting shooter. Sure, there's some folks that don't like me in here, but I ain't scared of them.

    I don’t feel like recommending an AA-12 for a disabled person is at all relevant to sport shooting. But ok. You do you I guess.

    That was for self-defense, not sport shooting.

    If the dude's only got one fully functional arm, how the hell else is he gonna fend off 30-50 feral hogs in his yard? People be recommending Glock subcompacts with standard 17 round magazines, it's hard as shit to change mags one-handed in the middle of a gunfight.

    I'm the only one making any sensible suggestions!

    The mods said to stop talking about that mess though, so we really should. Tube already got me on my handle, I don't want to get jailed too.

    David Walgas
  • NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    NSDFRand wrote: »
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    I would 100% put a suppressor on any firearm I was keeping in the house just for the sake of not waking up the entire neighborhood if I had to fire a shot indoors.

    However seeing as how I can't really suppress a flintlock rifle...

    There would be some who would argue that the bolded is a feature and reason why not to run a suppressor on a HD firearm. More people waking up to the sound of gunfire = more reports called in on gunfire = more likely a speedy local authority response will happen.

    Of course, that all hinges on the assumption that you want the police to show up.

    Yeah, I see that as a counterpoint, but I mean god forbid I had to use a firearm in self defense in my home, I'll be honest, it's going to probably break me psychologically. The last thing I want in addition to that is all of my neighbors surrounding my home once the police arrive. Just my personal take though.

    Mmmm, you'd better be careful, if you point out that perhaps shooting someone dead inside your own house isn't the greatest possible thing you can do as an American and may in fact be tragic and traumatic and result in post traumatic stress disorder, you may be accused of being a secret Islamic communist pinko infidel wuss.

    Killing home invaders is meant to make you instantly grow two inches taller and add three inches to the length of your erect penis, at least that's what I read on AR15.com...

    No you didn't.

    Yeah I did, sweaty. Don't hate me 'cause you ain't me. I've got three different profiles on that forum because weirdo right-wingers keep trying to get me banned, but it never works, lol!

    No you didn't. No one hates you, you're just obnoxious and I suspect that goes for IRL too.

    Donovan Puppyfucker
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Today we will paint a mountain that owes us nothing. Registered User regular
    edited August 26
    Edit: He's been warned, that's good enough for me and I'll take my own advice.

    SummaryJudgment on
    Just catch a glance of what could have done this
    Something 'bout how he walks reminds you of someone
    You look and see a gun, a man with no face, a golden halo that could be the sun
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    NSDFRand wrote: »
    NSDFRand wrote: »
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    I would 100% put a suppressor on any firearm I was keeping in the house just for the sake of not waking up the entire neighborhood if I had to fire a shot indoors.

    However seeing as how I can't really suppress a flintlock rifle...

    There would be some who would argue that the bolded is a feature and reason why not to run a suppressor on a HD firearm. More people waking up to the sound of gunfire = more reports called in on gunfire = more likely a speedy local authority response will happen.

    Of course, that all hinges on the assumption that you want the police to show up.

    Yeah, I see that as a counterpoint, but I mean god forbid I had to use a firearm in self defense in my home, I'll be honest, it's going to probably break me psychologically. The last thing I want in addition to that is all of my neighbors surrounding my home once the police arrive. Just my personal take though.

    Mmmm, you'd better be careful, if you point out that perhaps shooting someone dead inside your own house isn't the greatest possible thing you can do as an American and may in fact be tragic and traumatic and result in post traumatic stress disorder, you may be accused of being a secret Islamic communist pinko infidel wuss.

    Killing home invaders is meant to make you instantly grow two inches taller and add three inches to the length of your erect penis, at least that's what I read on AR15.com...

    No you didn't.

    Yeah I did, sweaty. Don't hate me 'cause you ain't me. I've got three different profiles on that forum because weirdo right-wingers keep trying to get me banned, but it never works, lol!

    No you didn't. No one hates you, you're just obnoxious and I suspect that goes for IRL too.

    Lol, talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

    SijLqhH.png
    Steam: stabbitystyle | uPlay: stabbitystyle | b.net: Stabbity#1528 | XBL: Stabbity Style | PSN: Stabbity_Style | Twitch: stabbitystyle
    Forar
  • NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    NSDFRand wrote: »
    NSDFRand wrote: »
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    I would 100% put a suppressor on any firearm I was keeping in the house just for the sake of not waking up the entire neighborhood if I had to fire a shot indoors.

    However seeing as how I can't really suppress a flintlock rifle...

    There would be some who would argue that the bolded is a feature and reason why not to run a suppressor on a HD firearm. More people waking up to the sound of gunfire = more reports called in on gunfire = more likely a speedy local authority response will happen.

    Of course, that all hinges on the assumption that you want the police to show up.

    Yeah, I see that as a counterpoint, but I mean god forbid I had to use a firearm in self defense in my home, I'll be honest, it's going to probably break me psychologically. The last thing I want in addition to that is all of my neighbors surrounding my home once the police arrive. Just my personal take though.

    Mmmm, you'd better be careful, if you point out that perhaps shooting someone dead inside your own house isn't the greatest possible thing you can do as an American and may in fact be tragic and traumatic and result in post traumatic stress disorder, you may be accused of being a secret Islamic communist pinko infidel wuss.

    Killing home invaders is meant to make you instantly grow two inches taller and add three inches to the length of your erect penis, at least that's what I read on AR15.com...

    No you didn't.

    Yeah I did, sweaty. Don't hate me 'cause you ain't me. I've got three different profiles on that forum because weirdo right-wingers keep trying to get me banned, but it never works, lol!

    No you didn't. No one hates you, you're just obnoxious and I suspect that goes for IRL too.

    Lol, talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

    Yes, I am aware that you feel disagreement is obnoxious. That is normal for the liberal PMC radlib and AWFL set that permeates this forum.

    Living rent free in your head though is the first time I haven't paid rent since I was 17, so thanks.

  • TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA admin
    geth kick @NSDFRand from the thread

    Hobnail wrote: »
    This forum has taken everything from me
    This hurts but I deserve it

  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Tube. @NSDFRand banned from this thread.

  • TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA admin
    geth kick @chr1sh4ll3ttb3 from the thread

    Hobnail wrote: »
    This forum has taken everything from me
    This hurts but I deserve it

  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Tube. @chr1sh4ll3ttb3 banned from this thread.

  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    NSDFRand wrote: »
    NSDFRand wrote: »
    NSDFRand wrote: »
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    I would 100% put a suppressor on any firearm I was keeping in the house just for the sake of not waking up the entire neighborhood if I had to fire a shot indoors.

    However seeing as how I can't really suppress a flintlock rifle...

    There would be some who would argue that the bolded is a feature and reason why not to run a suppressor on a HD firearm. More people waking up to the sound of gunfire = more reports called in on gunfire = more likely a speedy local authority response will happen.

    Of course, that all hinges on the assumption that you want the police to show up.

    Yeah, I see that as a counterpoint, but I mean god forbid I had to use a firearm in self defense in my home, I'll be honest, it's going to probably break me psychologically. The last thing I want in addition to that is all of my neighbors surrounding my home once the police arrive. Just my personal take though.

    Mmmm, you'd better be careful, if you point out that perhaps shooting someone dead inside your own house isn't the greatest possible thing you can do as an American and may in fact be tragic and traumatic and result in post traumatic stress disorder, you may be accused of being a secret Islamic communist pinko infidel wuss.

    Killing home invaders is meant to make you instantly grow two inches taller and add three inches to the length of your erect penis, at least that's what I read on AR15.com...

    No you didn't.

    Yeah I did, sweaty. Don't hate me 'cause you ain't me. I've got three different profiles on that forum because weirdo right-wingers keep trying to get me banned, but it never works, lol!

    No you didn't. No one hates you, you're just obnoxious and I suspect that goes for IRL too.

    Lol, talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

    Yes, I am aware that you feel disagreement is obnoxious. That is normal for the liberal PMC radlib and AWFL set that permeates this forum.

    Living rent free in your head though is the first time I haven't paid rent since I was 17, so thanks.

    Keep your misogyny outta here, thanks.

    Donovan Puppyfucker
  • HereticAstartesHereticAstartes Registered User regular
    On the topic of silencers, I have permanent hearing loss from shooting a crappy .22 pistol when I was young. In my adult life I always wear hearing protection. I have an AR pistol chambered in 7.62x25, even with protection it's uncomfortably loud. I would love to get it suppressed just so it's more comfortable to plink with.

  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited August 27
    On the topic of silencers, I have permanent hearing loss from shooting a crappy .22 pistol when I was young. In my adult life I always wear hearing protection. I have an AR pistol chambered in 7.62x25, even with protection it's uncomfortably loud. I would love to get it suppressed just so it's more comfortable to plink with.

    I don't know what it is about .223/5.56 ammo, but it is so much louder than other ammo I've shot. Hell my Mosin feels quieter, if much deeper in tone. I could definitely see the use of silencers, even for just regular plinking.

    webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    Doc
  • Special KSpecial K Registered User regular
    Of all the aspects of U.S. gun legislation that I disagree with, the treatment of suppressors is probably my #1 example of "WTF?"

  • Special KSpecial K Registered User regular
    NSDFRand wrote: »
    PMC radlib and AWFL set

    I'm actually kinda proud that I have no idea what any of that means.

    DocStabbity StyleSyngyneElvenshaeknitdanDonovan PuppyfuckerGiantGeek2020KrieghundDavid WalgasForar
Sign In or Register to comment.