As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Better get a babysitter cause we've got two tickets to the [GUN] show...

• DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2021
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Doc wrote: »
    ~ $1700, including the SBR stamp, but not including the suppressor (or the stamp for that). I also have the Paske Pathfinder grip, not pictured.

Stuff on it:

C-MOR railway red dot
    Pakse Pathfinder grip (not pictured)
    pic rail cover (not pictured)
    VFG (forget the brand)
    HB trigger spring
    HB AK safety
    HB duckbill mag release
    OEM stock
    Shooter's Element improved charging handle

I might have to start saving for that setup. Probably can't put in for a stamp for a gun you don't even own yet. I remember the nightmare you had getting yours.

Nightmare? That's probably the suppressor, which you need a form 4 (purchasing an NFA item) to do, and takes ~1 year. To put a stock on a pistol, making an SBR, you can use an electronically filed form 1 (constructing an NFA item), which takes ~30 days. It's not that bad. But yeah, you need the serial # to file the form.

Doc on
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    ~ $1700, including the SBR stamp, but not including the suppressor (or the stamp for that). I also have the Paske Pathfinder grip, not pictured.

Stuff on it:

C-MOR railway red dot
    VFG (forget the brand)
    HB trigger spring
    HB AK safety
    HB duckbill mag release
    OEM stock

I might have to start saving for that setup. Probably can't put in for a stamp for a gun you don't even own yet. I remember the nightmare you had getting yours.

Nightmare? That's probably the suppressor, which you need a form 4 (purchasing an NFA item) to do, and takes ~1 year. To put a stock on a pistol, making an SBR, you can use an electronically filed form 1 (constructing an NFA item), which takes ~30 days. It's not that bad. But yeah, you need the serial # to file the form.

Ok well that isn't nearly as bad. I was looking at CZ's website and I think I want the pistol with the flash can. the CZ seems like a nice middle ground between the .22LR and my full size AR.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I've got about $600 in my sub2k so far and I plan to put another $400 in it on a full internal kit, plus the m-lock handrail and some better optics.

Just throwing the sub2k out there as another good choice on a budget. I will admit it does not look as good as the CZ though.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular

Stuff on it:

C-MOR railway red dot
    VFG (forget the brand)
    HB trigger spring
    HB AK safety
    HB duckbill mag release
    OEM stock

Ok well that isn't nearly as bad. I was looking at CZ's website and I think I want the pistol with the flash can. the CZ seems like a nice middle ground between the .22LR and my full size AR.

The scorpion is cool, but I think there is better value in a Foxtrot Mike chambered in 9mm.

For the record, my FM45 is finicky with Kriss mag extensions and steel case

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock

Stuff on it:

C-MOR railway red dot
    VFG (forget the brand)
    HB trigger spring
    HB AK safety
    HB duckbill mag release
    OEM stock

The scorpion is cool, but I think there is better value in a Foxtrot Mike chambered in 9mm.

For the record, my FM45 is finicky with Kriss mag extensions and steel case

After everything I put into mine, for not much more I could have just got a high quality clone MP5, prior to 2020 anyway. If I had to do it again, knowing how much work I'd do to it, I'd probably go that route. I'm happy with what I have, though.

But yeah, either the FM or honestly the Stribog is pretty great around that price point, too. For a bit more there's the Banshee, but I'm not convinced much that their take on delayed action is all that worthwhile, after shooting it a bit.

• Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    I shot a .45 banshee suppressed and that’s what spurred the FM45 purchase, even though two different actions I figured once suppressed it doesn’t really matter and .45 is low recoil anyway

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I won't lie, while Tacticool doesn't really appeal to me, Space guns do and the CZ certainly looks the part out of the 3. I'll give the Stribog points for pure functional design though. Here's a rectangle with a hole in one end and a trigger on the other, go have fun.

webguy20 on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    The Stribog is the closest I'll ever get to a UMP without paying $6k+ and I'm ok with that.

nibXTE7.png
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I won't lie, while Tacticool doesn't really appeal to me, Space guns do and the CZ certainly looks the part out of the 3. I'll give the Stribog points for pure functional design though. Here's a rectangle with a hole in one end and a trigger on the other, go have fun.

If someone would sell the actual pulse rifle kit that company built a few years back I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

I'd fill out whatever forms the government wanted. I would enlist in the goddamn colonial marines for that gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2VjbwsGqxY

• SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    I absolutely do not get the Stribog love. That is an expensive as shit way to shoot semi-auto 9mm.

Palmetto AK-V, Scorpion, or even that Beretta (CX4?) carbine seem like the way to go

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    People still lusting after that MP5 in this year of our lord two thousand and twenty one 🙏

HK is never going to love you and you'll never be the guy on the cover of Rainbow Six

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
    I absolutely do not get the Stribog love. That is an expensive as shit way to shoot semi-auto 9mm.

Palmetto AK-V, Scorpion, or even that Beretta (CX4?) carbine seem like the way to go

I'm referring to the A1, which is straight blowback like those you listed, and is less expensive than them, to boot.

I was hopeful for the delayed blowback A3, but it's shown to be not much different besides being more complex, more expensive, and less reliable.

Maybe you're thinking of the B&T APC9, which looks similar but has an MSRP of like 3x what the others do?

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    People still lusting after that MP5 in this year of our lord two thousand and twenty one 🙏

HK is never going to love you and you'll never be the guy on the cover of Rainbow Six

That's as may be, but if I had a full auto suppressed MP5 I'd be the tacticoolest Gravy Seals/Meal Team Six Oper8r in town.

When I show up to the shooting spot with my hydrodipped gun and an arduino based homemade StatTrak LED hotglued to the side you're gonna be so jelly that your guns are gonna jam. If you can't outshoot 'em, than you'd better outflex 'em, am I right or am I right?

Jokes aside, I have 100% thought about gold, nickel, and silver plating my 1858 remington Red Dead 2 style. I found the kit online for pretty cheap and I've already taken the gun to bare metal when I restored it.

Also I went back to the FLGS today to get that derringer but it had already sold.

I did however decide to become John Wick for 1/3 the price of a Microtech and got this

https://cobratecknives.com/collections/ctk-1-collection/products/small-ctk-1-stonewash

Apparently it's one of the people behind Microtech that formed his own company? It's got a lifetime warranty though.

Now I just need some gold coins and a tactical three piece suit.

Oh and apparently those door breacher 12 gauges are Mossberg (not shockwave) but they're still listed as "other" or something so there's not a $250 stamp to have an sbr/sbs

The one they have there is rental only but he said whenever shit gets back to normal they'll have them out the door around $600.

• BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    Anyone wants an AK, PSA has their gen 5's in stock (probably for the next 30 seconds!)

Good luck if you want one.

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
    Bloodycow wrote: »
    Anyone wants an AK, PSA has their gen 5's in stock (probably for the next 30 seconds!)

Good luck if you want one.

My dealer has mine already, just waiting my 10 days now...

I'm not really an AK guy, but the red wood one looks really nice.

• BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    Stopped in to my local Scheels (Like a Dicks Sporting Goods or Cabelas). They happen to have two CZ Scorpion Pistols without the folding brace for 999$, but they are the gray color. Not sure if I'm into that or not.

Was checking out Kalashnikov USA's website and they have the KP9 and KR9 in stock.

They even have a deal going on for the Rifle varient with the fake supressor, 5 extra mags, 1 50 round drum, and 200 rounds of Tula 9mm for 1400$.

Might pull the trigger on that deal.

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
    I just had the wildest experience.

The Hi Point adventure continues, I replaced the trigger spring with one that is significantly lighter (dropping the trigger pull from around eleven pounds to a hair over five), and replaced the takedown rollpin with one that is designed to screw in with a very small hex wrench (instead of being knocked out with a hammer or mallet), and I decided that I should probably get around to seeing if I could order a replacement button for the magazine release. I called their customer service number and got a standard recording - If you're looking for accessories press one, and if you're looking for warranty or replacement parts press two. I hit two, the phone rings exactly one and one half times, and someone picks up. From the time I hit dial on my phone to the time I was speaking with a human being was less than 25 seconds.

I tell her I picked up the gun last year, registered it afterward (for the lifetime warranty), but it didn't have the button when I bought it so I was wondering if I could order a replacement. She asks for the model, then the serial, then my name and address, then whether I got the owner's manual (no), the trigger lock (yes), and the optional ghost ring sight (also yes). She then tells me they'll have the button and an owner's manual out in the mail today, and that it should arrive in 4-5 days. I don't even have to pay for shipping.

I checked my phone, and the entire phonecall, from start to finish, took 3 minutes and 11 seconds.

I'm so used to company phone calls involving sitting on hold for twenty plus minutes listening to godawful music interrupted every fifteen seconds by a "Your call is important to us..." recording, at the end of this call I was completely stunned. It was awesome.

Dude when the pandemic ends I'm buying like four hi points

Bloodycow wrote: »
    Stopped in to my local Scheels (Like a Dicks Sporting Goods or Cabelas). They happen to have two CZ Scorpion Pistols without the folding brace for 999$, but they are the gray color. Not sure if I'm into that or not.

Was checking out Kalashnikov USA's website and they have the KP9 and KR9 in stock.

They even have a deal going on for the Rifle varient with the fake supressor, 5 extra mags, 1 50 round drum, and 200 rounds of Tula 9mm for 1400$.

Might pull the trigger on that deal.

If you aren't positive about the battleship gray, skip it. It makes it a bit of a pain to get accessories. In retrospect I would have just gone with the black, but at least the FDE is really really close to the common Magpul FDE color.

I really like the gray, but yea be prepared to accessorize in black.

I really like the gray, but yea be prepared to accessorize in black.

they don't make plum accessories, so yeah, plum stock and handguard, black VFG and comb

• That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    So, do you have to go out and get an SBR stamp if you get one of those instant carbine glock shells? I played around with one at a gun show I went to last year before COVID. It was cool as hell but I couldn't figure out how it wouldn't be considered an SBR.

When this fucking pandemic is behind me, I want to get a nice Glock kit. I want a Glock 40 because I have a weird thing for 10mm but I have no desire to pay that much for ammo. I think I'll end up with a .40 Glock 22 or 23 and just pretend it's 10mm.

That_Guy wrote: »
    So, do you have to go out and get an SBR stamp if you get one of those instant carbine glock shells? I played around with one at a gun show I went to last year before COVID. It was cool as hell but I couldn't figure out how it wouldn't be considered an SBR.

When this fucking pandemic is behind me, I want to get a nice Glock kit. I want a Glock 40 because I have a weird thing for 10mm but I have no desire to pay that much for ammo. I think I'll end up with a .40 Glock 22 or 23 and just pretend it's 10mm.

I imagine it depends on if its an actual stock or if its a brace.

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    That_Guy wrote: »

Things like the MCK are considered to have a brace on the back and not a stock, so still considered just a pistol and no stamp necessary.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    Dude when the pandemic ends I'm buying like four hi points

Yeah, I will proselytize for these guns forever now. They're made in America, have a lifetime warranty (as in, the lifetime of the gun, regardless of how many owners it has had), and I can have a free replacement component ordered with nothing more than a three minute phonecall.

Do yourself a favor and get the MCarbo triggerspring though. The difference in the triggerpull is like night and day. Just be prepared for all of their purchase/shipping confirmation emails to say stuff like THANKS FOR ORDERING FROM MCARBO, BROTHER and THANKS FOR JOINING THE MCARBO BROTHERHOOD.

10mm carbine recommendations, anyone?

Does anyone even make one? .357 levergun seems like

CMMG makes a 10mm Banshee for way too many dollars.

But the answer is gonna be ".357 levergun."

• That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular

The CMNG Banshee comes in 10mm flavor. It's a AR conversion.

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I've shot a Hi Point. Found it to be a terrible gun from ergonomics perspective. Plus for as much as they way they recoil a ton.

I've shot a Hi Point. Found it to be a terrible gun from ergonomics perspective. Plus for as much as they way they recoil a ton.

Straight blowback

If we could do it through FFLs and start a "gun swap" Summary I'd have 100% sent you my Henry 357 last year for a gun to be named later.

Straight blowback

Strong recoil has definitely not been my experience. Because the thing is a brick I'm able to really get my hands around it and my recoil is negligible. Shooting something smaller, like my M&P Shield on the other hand, has significantly more recoil, especially when I'm using the stock magazine (if I'm not using the extended mag there isn't even room for my pinky finger so it's harder to really grip it). At some point in the future I would like to get a nicer fullsize, but we'll see how prices go.
    If we could do it through FFLs and start a "gun swap" Summary I'd have 100% sent you my Henry 357 last year for a gun to be named later.

I have a really good idea, we could do a PA gun thread Secret Santa! Here's how it'll work - everyone sends me the guns, then I distribute them to your respective santees, this way they all come from one FFL. Also, I promise that I won't just keep all of them.

Me on January 1st, 2022:

8wv22y7j6pm7.jpg

Happy to see an actual SVD/Dragunov there.

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I see what I think is an RPK in either 8mm Mauser or 7.62 NATO.

Also a MAS49/56. Those all got destroyed, right?

• ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular

I mean, if we're talking entirely waaaaay too many dollorydoos...

Kriss Vector carbine?

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |